Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

3 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Makes sense to me.

Alex came out of nowhere and put Balrog to sleep. Juri did the same to Chun-Li, Guile and Cammy. Maybe the World Warriors aren't that big of a deal in the world of fighting. 

Viper was able to humiliate Cammy in their fight. She could have beaten Ryu if she wasn't scared off by him going evil.

Sakura beat Zangief in a fight.

These guys need to stop being the SF2 characters on a pedestal.

10 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Cool.  So you'll have some evidence of that fact then?

This is the story thread. You should already that the suit was specifically designed by S.I.N to make some a tournament class fighter. She was field testing it to prove that fact. It's why S.I.N. gave her the suit in SFIV in the first place. Giving it to someone that was capable of the task without it, would nullify the purpose of the field test. This isn't some deeply hidden knowledge requiring in depth research. It was made known from Day 1 in SFIV. Dan is a weak, by SF standards fighter, yet he's strong enough with his own to qualify for tournaments. Viper is wearing a suit designed to allow to her qualify for something Dan can with his own natural ability.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This is the story thread. You should already that the suit was specifically designed by S.I.N to make some a tournament class fighter. She was field testing it to prove that fact. It's why S.I.N. gave her the suit in SFIV in the first place. Giving it to someone that was capable of the task without it, would nullify the purpose of the field test. This isn't some deeply hidden knowledge requiring in depth research. It was made known from Day 1 in SFIV. Dan is a weak, by SF standards fighter, yet he's strong enough with his own to qualify for tournaments. Viper is wearing a suit designed to allow to her qualify for something Dan can with his own natural ability.

Ah, cool.  So a bunch of speculation, colored by your dislike for the character.  I also don't like Viper or her techsuit.  But I'm not just going to make shit up to make her seem even worse than she is.  That's Vasili shit.

It's a Battle Suit.  It's purpose is to make someone stronger.  He gave it to Viper to test during the tournament.  But the idea that it's specifically designed to elevate scrubs to tournament fighters only is purely your headcanon.

Even if I subscribed to your notion that Seth would have given it to a total scrub in order to test it(which I don't), that ignores the fact that she is a highly trained secret agent, a fact which Seth was unaware of.  So if he gave her the suit thinking she was a scrub, that doesn't mean she actually was, because she was hiding her capabilities from him.

And if she actually was a scrub, then the fact that the suit made her stronger than Cammy, and comparable to Ryu(i.e. well beyond the "tournament fighter" level)  means that either A.  Viper was not a scrub to begin with, hence her being buffed well beyond the "tournament fighter" level, or B.  the suit on it's own is comparable in power to Ryu.  Which is just an asinine suggestion.

Edited by DarthEnderX
9 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

comparable to Ryu

Where are you getting this exactly? Viper (and Seth) had no idea just how powerful Ryu can be. She was provoking him to get awaken the SNH but there is no version of that encounter where Viper can even go even against Ryu. The same Ryu who destroyed Seth at the end of TTTB.

Battlesuit Viper is strong, but the story has not given us any indication that her CIA training would put her at the level of any of the SF Avengers. She can't even generate her ki outside herself.

Edited by Daemos
9 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Where are you getting this exactly? Viper (and Seth) had no idea just how powerful Ryu can be. She was provoking him to get awaken the SNH but there is no version of that encounter where Viper can even go even against Ryu.

I'm talking about standard Ryu.  Not SNH Ryu.  She was able to go toe-to-toe with him, until he went SNH berserk.

Battlesuit Viper is strong, but the story has not given us any indication that her CIA training would put it at a level of any of the SF Avengers.

They also haven't given us any indication that it wouldn't.  Which is my point.  Capcom has given ZERO indication of how strong she is or isn't without the suit.

So stating with confidence that she's sub-Dan is pure bullshit.

She can't even generate her ki outside herself.

Neither can Balrog or Zangief.  Are we going to suggest that they're weaker than Dan now?

Edited by DarthEnderX
6 minutes ago, Daemos said:

We might’ve seen things differently but Ryu was 100% holding back that fight.

To the extent that Ryu is always holding back whenever he isn't using the SNH, yes.

6 minutes ago, Daemos said:

SNH or not, he could’ve killed her as Viper herself says.

Mm, I don't agree with that.  She doesn't say that until AFTER he goes berserk.  That suggests she didn't think her life was in danger until he started using it.

Speaking of which, after seeing my CAC learn to use Psycho Power from JP, I'm kind of interested to see how we start learning SNH from Akuma now.

Edited by DarthEnderX
49 minutes ago, Daemos said:

https://www.youtube.com/@Hopezera/videos

This channel has archived all cutscenes, dialogues, and arts with all characters. Give them a like or sub if you enjoy. They earned it!

Something’s that Ryu confirms about his livelihood are pretty interesting. Everyone thinks he’s some sort of vagabond who travels on the money he’s earned during his fights and odd jobs. Apparently Ken was the one who managed Ryu’s money for him and even entrusted him with a black card funded by the Masters Corporation savings.  Given Ken’s status now I’m wonder who’s managing Ryu’s assets? Maybe it’s something still funded by the Foundation but off the books? Given Ryu’s modest lifestyle it would probably last him his lifetime even if left unmanaged by Ken. He’s definitely a wealthy man under disguise. Gouken also entrusted Ryu with a pair of prayer beads similar to the ones he used to wear. This symbolizes that Ryu is now a true master of his own art even though he chooses not to wear them himself due to their lack of mobility during training and fighting. 

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Ah, cool.  So a bunch of speculation, colored by your dislike for the character.  I also don't like Viper or her techsuit.  But I'm not just going to make shit up to make her seem even worse than she is.  That's Vasili shit.

It's not speculation. It's the literal reason given for the suit's existence. She's field testing it. You literally just fabricated an whole narrative on why I made a post about Viper not being SF level outside of her suit. You want to look at all the available information and come to a different conclusion fine. People disagree all the time. However, to say I'm elevating Dan above Viper (suit less) because of my dislike of her character when I hate Dan is frankly ludicrous. That's you "making shit up". 

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

FyU9A6baMAEnA4Z?format=jpg&name=medium

Easter Egg or Canon?

Easter Egg, WTM is rife with them. More than I realized to be honest. I missed Breath of Fire easter eggs. Scotia's video showed a bunch of things I missed. Breath of Fire and Street Fighter aren't in the same universe. Although, I'm glad it got acknowledged. I guess Capcom does remember it still exists after all.  

Edited by Darc_Requiem
19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not speculation. It's the literal reason given for the suit's existence.

No, it isn't.  It's not stated anywhere that "the suit was specifically designed by S.I.N to make some a tournament class fighter".

The suit was given to Viper, by SIN, to test during the tournament.  That's it.  There are no sources anywhere stating what the purpose of the suit is.

15 hours ago, Daemos said:

JP should probably be 66 at most. Sure he's got a ton of style, and knows his way around portals to the dark void but your Cac kicked his ass.

Not sure he was serious at all.

Also just finished World Tour's story portion and WOW was not expecting that! I think this all but confirms future DLC seasons will expand the story as they go...which is awesome.

I have to say, JP is the most interesting villain they've ever had in SF. Not the baddest ass. Not the most iconic. Not the most intimidating. Not even the one deserving of most spotlight. Just the most interesting. His philosophical bent and seeming contradictions in his attitude make him really really interesting. He has this detached sense from everything he does and this obvious manipulative streak to him...but in his own arcade ending (which features another costume we NEED for him) it's also clear he's maniacal in his own ways. Even his little remarks like saying that he would teach someone seeking to destroy him with his own power. Intriguing.

All in all, the parallels are obvious just like I had said before...beyond even the OBVIOUS likeness & voice homage to Christopher Lee, JP is the Dooku to Bison's Palpatine. Not only was Dooku also the money-man for the Sith during the prequels (Dooku was one of the richest men in the entire galaxy with personal wealth that exceeded the combined wealth of wealthy STAR SYSTEMS)  but he was also highly morally complicated with a complex worldview that was being eroded by his immersion in the darkside causing him to become increasingly bent towards evil.

So...what does that mean for my boy Ed? Maybe we get to see how Dooku might have tried to train Vader if Palpatine had bit the dust. Intriguing.

All in all, I will say this about world tour...it was not the huge story bonanza of events and that is a GOOD thing. We got that in SF5 and, frankly, SF5's story is atrocious. It is poorly paced, poorly delivered, poorly thought out and poorly split up between characters. SF6, on the other hand, focuses on SF's REAL strength...its CHARACTERS. Never have I found the world warriors (new and old) as likeable and interesting as they are in SF6. I have NEVER liked Blanka before...and in SF6 he's absolutely delightful and I love everything about him.

Everyone in the game is OOZING personality and I just want to hang around these characters and hear their stories and see them interact with each other. Even something as simple as text messages between characters becomes so fun and, in some cases, flat-out HILARIOUS (Sincerely, Ryu) while sticking to the characters. The humor comes from the characters instead of forcing humor THROUGH the characters (Take notes post Phase 3 Marvel...) and Capcom leveraged their history and their characters history instead of hiding from it (Looking at you NRS).

I've already sold FIVE friends on SF6. Four of them have not purchased an SF since 4 (or earlier). One of them has never bought an SF at all...and he bought it last night and ended up playing it for 6 hours straight. This game is a winner. Big time.

Now time to start digging into making A LOT of characters. Can't wait to make tiny sumo-girl Hinako 😄

huil

On 6/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, CESTUS III said:

Is'nt canon that at begin he was a Soul Power user?

Nope. Nothing about it was mentioned.

I think that the only time this was mentioned, was on the 30th Collection profile, however, those weren't written by Capcom themselves, but from 2 lore researches hired by Digital Eclipse.

And I'm pretty sure neither Soul Power becoming Psycho Power and vice-versa was ever mentioned...

On 6/10/2023 at 7:11 PM, Daemos said:

Bison and 2 other students were being instructed in this rare mystical art of Soul Power by the only known Master of it. The Master knew of its potent dark side but understood that it needed to be limited or else it would drive you insane.

On 6/10/2023 at 8:09 PM, CESTUS III said:

Him killing other students was'nt said anywhere, canon wise was just confirmed he killed his Master

Personally i think he got corrupted switching to PP AFTER training Rose, as Rose learned Soul Power from him

This would make  that at some point the SP situation was like

Old Master

v

Bison - Student -Student

v

Rose

@Daemos and @CESTUS IIIyou guys are wrong about the students. They didn't train ALONGSIDE/AT THE SAME TIME with Vega. They learned Psycho Power and left  BEFORE the master took Vega in.  The text makes it seems that, besides Vega, only the other 2 students were able to project masses of Psycho Power. Learning Psycho Power was some form of special training that only the master's top of the top students were honored.

Also, Vega's SFZ1 ending mentions that, with Rose gone, Vega became the only PSYCHO POWER user, implying that Rose could also use Psycho Power. One could think  that she learned Psycho Power before Soul Power. Which conflicts with her Zero World info where she says that she learned Soul Power from someone she called master... Maybe she learned SP from Vega who actually had PP? The only way that could work is if Vega was a wolf in sheep's clothing during Rose's training. That's why he said those kind words to her where she remembers on her SFZ1 backstory and partially repeats it at the end of her vanilla SF4 prologue.

Also, RyoRedCyclone had a theory that, the original bearer of their soul is Rose, not Vega. And that Rose's dark soul portion possessed her master, Vega, maybe attracted by PP or even by Vega's hidden evil intent. This makes sense when she mentions to Balrog that "what was divided, shall become one again" and to what Vega says about "we will return... as was our wish" part on her Z3 ending. What she didn't know is that SHE could've be the root of that evil.

Lastly, that also makes sense in the way that, Vega's clones (Cammy, Abel and the Seths) aren't able to use PP. While they might have a high affinity for it, they didn't had it infused in their bodies yet. Although they have Vega's DNA, they can't use PP maybe because the genes that would allow them to use it are methylated (repressed). That wasn't the case with Decapre, Ed and Falke. Decapre and Falke were trained on how to use PP (don't know if Decapre still can use it, maybe she was just infusioned), while Ed discovered that inate ability that was when Shadaloo modified his DNA with Vega's and trained to use it coupled with his boxing training (I won't go with them having a part of Vega's soul because that hasn't been officially implemented in the canon yet). That ALSO explains why Vega had to have his new body infusioned with PP at the start of vanilla SF4. His body was a identical clone of his original (?) one, same portion of the soul, so he already knows how to use it to some (smaller) extent like when he killed Smalt Raven.

Edited by Lord_Vega

Yo, that's wild, I never heard that before! If Rose has some darkness in her and that went to Bison, that would be quite the development:

"Bison, damn, being evil feels good! Gonna 110% this! it's....DELICIOUS.

I'd want Bison to have agency in his evil, so if it just opened the door and then he fully pursued evil, I think I'd prefer that. I don't want him to be noble man, could be interesting if he had some darker impulses, seemingly buried them in training. Got that taste of evil and instead of burying it, went all in.

Edited by ShockDingo
3 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Nope. Nothing about it was mentioned.

I think that the only time this was mentioned, was on the 30th Collection profile, however, those weren't written by Capcom themselves, but from 2 lore researches hired by Digital Eclipse.

SF wiki say it with source

" Rose was once M. Bison's disciple. He taught Rose how to utilise Soul Power along with warning her of it's weaknesses.[20] "

20 All About Street Fighter ZERO page 347

latest?cb=20200626180201

Don't know if is same book you speak about

@Lord_VegaI can't be wrong I literally said it was my headcanon! 😄

Seriously though I can't reconcile myself with any variant of the "Bison and Rose are one person" theories. I think Bison taught Rose Soul Power either as a trick like you said or because he sees the value in understanding what is pure so that you can then acquaint yourself with what is impure later. Maybe the core fundamentals of PP/SP are the same like the Force in Star Wars, they are both psychic kis that tap into different emotions.

4 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

This makes sense when she mentions to Balrog that "what was divided, shall become one again"

I always understood this metaphorically not literally. As then they spent a lot of time together in her early life before going their separate ways. It could be a bond of Master/Apprentice, but one could also imagine a more intimate layer to their relationship. Maybe father/daughter as she was an orphan possibly. Maybe they were lovers? There are so many interpretations that do not involve them literally being the same person.

5 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

I have to say, JP is the most interesting villain they've ever had in SF. Not the baddest ass. Not the most iconic. Not the most intimidating. Not even the one deserving of most spotlight. Just the most interesting. His philosophical bent and seeming contradictions in his attitude make him really really interesting. He has this detached sense from everything he does and this obvious manipulative streak to him...but in his own arcade ending (which features another costume we NEED for him) it's also clear he's maniacal in his own ways. Even his little remarks like saying that he would teach someone seeking to destroy him with his own power. Intriguing.

If you max out mastery with him and check out all dialogue, he's really something else. Very philosophical. He has a different view on the world and he mixes lies with truth all the time. He's absolute deceiver but I can't tell if he is also lying to himself. Like when he talks about the terrorists and Ken, it's obvious to us he is lying but then he says stuff like he thinks he's a good guy. He chooses to see the prosperity he has brought to Nayshall than the corruption. Even though he is responsible for both.

He also mentions that he is not a master of Psycho Power and he thinks himself as an ordinary level fighter, but that strength is not a prerequisite to survival or winning. Very interesting take compared to Bison who seemed to respect power/strength alone.

I think we will learn more about the underbelly of activities in Nayshall from AKI and Ed. Some citizens of Nayshall seem to think that Neo-Shadaloo are trying to bring Shadaloo back, but that doesn't completely make sense. So we need the inside perspective.

Also I don't know if anyone caught this but...

iTLZ7l4.png

If that is meant to be a young JP then Cybele is like 500 years old in Cat Years.

This can only mean one thing... Bison is Cybele!

And JP is much younger than we think he is (look at the hair).

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

" Rose was once M. Bison's disciple. He taught Rose how to utilise Soul Power along with warning her of it's weaknesses.

That's a conclusion they draw themselves. Nowhere All about SF Zero says that. Rose feels an ominous aura, runs out of her house and sees a passing limousine with Bison on board (who sees her and grins while the car goes away), then thinks about her master's words: "One day, you'll have to fight. Remember: Soul Power is your strongest weapon, but also a weakness you can't overcome..." But NOTHING in that original text says that Bison was that master.

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
3 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

That's a conclusion they draw themselves. Nowhere All about SF Zero says that. Rose feels an ominous aura, runs out of her house and sees a passing limousine with Bison on board (who sees her and grins while the car goes away), then thinks about her master's word: "One day, you'll have to fight. Remember: Soul Power is your strongest weapon, but also a weakness you can't overcome..." But NOTHING in that original text says that Bison was that master.

Thanks for the clarification, so essentially they added the source but the source does'nt say what they say? 🤣

You just traslated that part or you have the whole page?

50 minutes ago, Daemos said:

iTLZ7l4.png

If that is meant to be a young JP then Cybele is like 500 years old in Cat Years.

Yeah i noticed him mentioning she's still alive, thought was strange too considering pic could be 60-70 years in the past lol

53 minutes ago, Daemos said:

iTLZ7l4.png

I forget...is it confirmed that Cybele is still alive? His 'favorite cat' could be referring to a pet that has passed and maybe that is why his alt has a cane with a cat grip on it as a reminder of his beloved pet.

Also yes I think there's an aspect of JP that might even be hidden from himself. He seems like he MIGHT be deluding himself to some extent...if we go with the Force analogy, Psycho Power clearly corrupts and we've seen that it will consume a user if they do not master it...so it's possible the PP is making JP increasingly evil and he keeps trying to justify it.

Then again, this is a man that willingly worked for Shadaloo as their money-man so how moral could he be in the first place? I think the dude is just manipulative AF and spins webs within webs for people including verbally. Spoilers for World Tour if anyone here has yet to beat it His 'loss' in World Tour is VERY telling in that I don't think he even cared that he got beat..I don't even think it was much of a genuine battle loss for him so much as it was the sad realization that what he said was true...the fight didn't matter. JP had already won and the OC realizes that. JP flat out won. He manipulated everyone and got what he wanted. It all worked to his benefit as we see when we enroll with him as a master. I'm beginning to think we might be wrong about Ed being with JP...and they might actually be opposed to each other as remnants of Shadaloo. Bird vs Bird. One wing of Shadaloo vs the other.

Edited by YagamiFire
1 minute ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah i noticed him mentioning she's still alive, thought was strange too considering pic could be 60-70 years in the past lol

Or it could be 35-40. 

The oldest recorded cat is 38 years old. 

What if JP is 45-50yo but he just looks much older cuz of the beard and naturally white hair.

1 minute ago, YagamiFire said:

I forget...is it confirmed that Cybele is still alive? His 'favorite cat' could be referring to a pet that has passed and maybe that is why his alt has a cane with a cat grip on it as a reminder of his beloved pet.

In JP mirror mathces, the win quote is him reminding himself to feed the cat. 

It's actually a bit odd that we haven't met the cat considering how prominent Capcom are making it.

I also get the impression that Ed and his crew are not friends with JP. What they did to Bosch was clearly intended towards stopping JP indirectly, it was also very cruel/ironic considering the torturous PP experiments they underwent themselves. Maybe Ed isn't the goodie-goodie we think he is.

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

In JP mirror mathces, the win quote is him reminding himself to feed the cat. 

It's actually a bit odd that we haven't met the cat considering how prominent Capcom are making it.

I also get the impression that Ed and his crew are not friends with JP. What they did to Bosch was clearly intended towards stopping JP indirectly, it was also very cruel/ironic considering the torturous PP experiments they underwent themselves. Maybe Ed isn't the goodie-goodie we think he is.

Damn! That's an old cat!

Maybe he just always names his cat Cybele 😄

The other possibility is that they totally got played and JP ordered the augments to Bosch fully intending for him to lose it mentally. JP wanting a resistance member in the championship potentially to frame for something or manipulate is VERY appropriate for his personality...and using Psycho Power experiments is also something he's interested in and he's said he's done it only a few times before (which is more than none) which could point to him being responsible for Bosch.

Or hell maybe we find out it's a mix of both. Ed is Neo-Shadaloo and working against JP...but under the direction of a benefactor...who is actually also JP because he's playing the poor lad.

No matter what I am VERY intrigued. This World Tour mode really knocked it out of the park.

2 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

No matter what I am VERY intrigued. This World Tour mode really knocked it out of the park.

Right? What a turnaround from SF5. I just hope they keep adding masters with their unique perspectives, dialogues with characters and citizens, major locales, and of course plotlines for us to unravel - even if they are low-mid stake plotlines. This is an incredible exercise in world building.

7 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Iirc he mention she still have her tail as a stump (due her biting it off) but she's still beautiful of something like that

Cane-grip seems to have normal full tail

My take was either cat is still alive or he had her stuffed, but just seen @Daemosmentioning the feeding thing, so alive it is

8 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Or it could be 35-40. 

The oldest recorded cat is 38 years old. 

What if JP is 45-50yo but he just looks much older cuz of the beard and naturally white hair.

Beside white hair he have sunken face full of wrinkles, IF he have 40-50s range then it's PP aging him fast

Thanks for the clarification, so essentially they added the source but the source does'nt say what they say? 🤣

As if it were the first time, lol. I remember when everyone was saying (and they still say it...) that Honda's shikona was "Fujinoyama" because of Sodom's SFA2 ending, when it was actually Honda's opponent... But it was so crystal clear only in the Japanese ending, after all.

You just traslated that part or you have the whole page?

You posted the whole page. I just summarised its content and directly translated only the Master's words. The second half is about Sagat.

53 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

As if it were the first time, lol. I remember when everyone was saying (and they still say it...) that Honda's shikona was "Fujinoyama" because of Sodom's SFA2 ending, when it was actually Honda's opponent... But it was so crystal clear only in the Japanese ending, after all.

Now that you say it, just yesterday i was raising Master bond with Honda, at some point he actually explain the Edmond thing

He say "Edmond" is his shikona to be popular also in the west while having also a japanese meaning as Edomondo, you came to my mind because i think to remember you exxplained that thing in Story thread long ago iirc 😄

3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Now that you say it, just yesterday i was raising Master bond with Honda, at some point he actually explain the Edmond thing

He say "Edmond" is his shikona to be popular also in the west while having also a japanese meaning as Edomondo, you came to my mind because i think to remember you exxplained that thing in Story thread long ago iirc 😄

WTF? DID THEY ACTUALLY CANONISE THAT? O_O

Did he also tell you what was the Japanese meaning of Edomondo?

17 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Capcom confirmed reading this thread?!?!

PLEASE  BIPSON SEASON 2 PLEASE! TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭

Bit OT

Ended WT story, found all the masters, done most of side quests

Before dive hard into Creation Mode i will try to grind as many costume pieces as possible (already bought every shop item).. anybody have any trick for super rare stuff beating people around?

I noticed keeping beating up people you may eventually find some with "ULTRA" red tag items, but atm we have no wiki with 100% full list

Maybe we can start list where we spot very rare stuff (that is NOT quest reward), even if probably is more related to enemy type than location

Some i remember

Carlos Sunglasses -> thanks to @DarthEnderXjust complete Carlos quest and challenge him again afterwards

T-Shirt "Ken" -> fight Master Ken using Ryu style

Gas mask with  helmet -> found beating MMA guys with long white hair, possible find them near Nayshall Tournament location iirc

Some i seen but did'nt unlocked

Special Crow mask -> found on Crows gang building rooftop, failed to unlock it for some reason (condition is launch+air combo, i did Luke's launch uppercut into Luke's srk but didnt worked)... is that version of crow mask with white paint mark and red eyes, like some enemies have

Special Television head -> fought on car parking rooftop, is a television with colorful spray paint, like some enemies have

Big turban -> larger and different shape than the one you can buy in shop, fought in Nayshall slums

Anything else very rare that can be unlocked by fighting? I sure have lot but don't remember all, maybe at home will do a more serious list

PS: anybody know ho to unlock full Ryu costume? Got upper gi and karate gloves, still need headband and pants

PPS: in particular will love unlock karate/thai hand stripes many enemies have, no idea if we can find it anywhere

22 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

WTF? DID THEY ACTUALLY CANONISE THAT? O_O

Did he also tell you what was the Japanese meaning of Edomondo?

Yeah, explain it's relative to Edo period iirc, was quite proud about how he found a western friendly name that also have deep japanese meaning

Just level up Honda mastery (as moveset i think, still did'nt started work on bond with him) and you can trigger a dialogue where you have double option to ask about his name/nationality

Iirc he will say that people occasionally mistake him as foreigner but that he's born and raised in Japan and goes on why he have that shikona

SF6 is filled with this kind of interesting stuff, master everything will enrich our canon treasure 💎

9 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Yeah, explain it's relative to Edo period iirc, was quite proud about how he found a western friendly name that also have deep japanese meaning

Was it 江戸主水 Edomondo? That is, 江戸 Edo, Tōkyō's old name, and 主水 mondo, the Chief of Public water (during the Ritsuryō system, so far before the Edo period, but who cares...)?

Or something else?

14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Breath of Fire and Street Fighter aren't in the same universe. Although, I'm glad it got acknowledged. I guess Capcom does remember it still exists after all.  

There's a bit of reconsideration worth Breath of Fire.

The game is in famous for reincarnation and having the same name but different person. just same consideration with CFN alternate Ruby, Kyle and Sakura in RS.

Another one to consider is Asura Wrath, as long this characters are just reincarnation or cosplay they get a pass. but when there is an actual megaman existing from years on there is something wrong.

As long it is a new introduced tech it gets a pass not something that existed since SF4 timeline that just came out of nowhere in Sf6

A program like Megaman would pass like in NT 

Plus it's not a far far future like Megaman and having actual Dr Light in money is something making him a literal person(Dr Light) that is a BIG PART of the canon and history. I hope megaman doesn't show up sooner and roam world tour other than mascot or cosplay.

EDIT:

Hey @DaemosI'm level 17 😉

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 minute ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Was it 江戸主水 Edomondo? That is, 江戸 Edo, Tōkyō's old name, and 主水 mondo, the Chief of Public water (during the Ritsuryō system, so far before the Edo period, but who cares...)?

Or something else?

If i go more specific i risk to say some big bullshit, yesterday gone through such grinding on level up many different chatacters/dialogues that don't remember accurately everything 😅 

Just remember he made a distinction between western friendly Edmond and Edomondo having deeply japanese meaning, he explained it but don't remember beside Edo period was involved 

Zangief have some great ones too 

One gold was with bond (i think) where he talks about Hadokens and projectile shit... while explaining to our CC they may be legit strategy after all, for a moment have a 1% temptation to learn them himself, feel instant guilty af and punish himself with extra squats training lmao 

Another fun one is max bond bring you to library, fit the old canon thing of Gief being big into reading

Even before that if you speak to the two disciple wrestlers they will tell you that Zangief gave them big books, but they just seem dumb about it lol 

In another he mention that R.Mika is now a big star even more popular than himself and he desire one day we meet her

There's also fun pic of her tackling a young bear 

Speaking of bears they sadly toned down hard one element of Zangief lore... he say the scars are results of the fact once he wrestled a bear... like one single crazy event, rather than be his daily routine vs multiple animals 

Maybe we can get it as his first bear fight had him still new to that kind of fight wich made him very injuried, while maybe afterward he fought many without get more scars? 

Btw we see a pic of him younger in clandestine masked fights when he still had no scars 

Still have to complete the mastery, wonder if i will get something about Haggar or the Slammasters ban lol

The dialogue you get from leveling up mastery/bond is fantastic. So many little lore tidbits - like Edmond not being Honda's name, to Gief dragging a submarine 🤣. Oh, my favorite is the fact that Chun-Li and Ryu went with Guile once on one of his trips to Nash's grave. They're actually friends.

Also, to add fuel to the CaC speculation from a few pages back, Manon actually goes on a long winded speech how we are a freak of nature. She is absolutely flabbergasted how we can train in different styles for a short amount of time and learn so much while it has taken extreme dedication for her to master Judo. Maybe there is something up with the CaC 🕵️♂️?