Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

22 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Juli the only doll that has any remaining family? I find it odd how the trauma the dolls should have almost never comes up.

I think they could've reunited with family, we just dont see it in the artwork. We know Aprile has her brother Maggio, I'm sure they were reunited at some point. But yeah, the doll storylines could go anywhere they wanted it to

The wildest theory I've read is that AKI is actually Marz 

Edited by mykka
12 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It makes sense to me for the CAC to be an ordinary human in the world of SF. The narrative encourages the CAC to learn from anyone they can and discover themselves doing it. Making them an robot is such an insane reach to justify a gameplay function.

this is why I'm thinking

an alternate route of justification that

they are genetically modified, unknowingly while willing participating.

Just like how Umbrella in RE is doing to some character like Wesker, Jill, Ethan and others 

while Twelve and Eleven advancement

and the Secret Society BILLBOARDS could have something to do with it.

Its either Gill or Urien running the show behind

Edited by Shakunetsu
31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That's an over complication to say that the CAC is a shonen protagonist 🤣.

the thing is the mutant like physique and deformity combine with extending body parts could be something else while increasing learning fighting capabilities

I'm not saying all but some custom characters that can do those or have mutant like deformity,

just by giving a logical explanation why they are extra ordinary than the usual human roaming around the established canon.

16 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Characters that are player avatars ain't meant to be complex. They just are. Thinking too much on it defeats the purpose.

Yet if they are ALL considered canonically existing in the universe as is. So there has to be an explanation and logic behind it

That get's a passed if only ONE is considered canon and everyone are just playing one representation of a character existing in canon.

Why ONE gets a passed?

Because that makes him/her special and not a disservice to the backstory and establish familiarity on mythos, but when it becomes ordinary to an average human existing on SF canon without genetical and technological enhancements...

That creates huge conflict, complication and the GAP between the established FIGHTERs has been downgraded and lowered

Edited by Shakunetsu
10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

To me the CAC is canon. It's just their story can easily be ignored as they don't affect things to a significant degree. CAC is a filler episode

So answer me this: Canonically speaking, did Ryu -who is adamant on never taking a student because he still has much to learn- take a complete nobody as a student?

Edited by Daemos
5 minutes ago, Daemos said:

So answer me this: Canonically speaking, did Ryu -who is adamant on never taking a student because he still has much to learn- take a complete nobody as a student?

No because he will never take on students while he is still on his own journey. From Ryu perspective, he probably sees the CAC as a teacher seeing how they are getting Ryu to do new things like learning to use the internet

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

No because he will never take on students while he is still on his own journey. From Ryu perspective, he probably sees the CAC as a teacher seeing how they are getting Ryu to do new things like learning to use the internet

So you agree that at the very least the master interactions cannot be wholly canon. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Everything else is "bullshit", whether you add ballet and swan feathers or try to stick to your traditional martial seriousness which apparently gives your moves more gravitas, even if you are a clone whose eyes go black when you're too excited and in both cases you jump higher than a 10 story building while rotating your opponent as if they are in a tornado, before catching them again and drive them to the ground. You can like whatever artistic license you want, but don't tell me one is "non-bullshit jūdō" or "believable" because they're absolutely the same level of bullshit from a realistic point of view.

Not to interfere with your debate with him, but cut just this part wich link to the position i gave you at begin

Of course the "bullshit" there to me is the addition of ballet in a moveset i would have prefered as pure -SF fantasy- martial art (or talking wishlist specific case Abel's Sambo/Judo), i think i explained my issue was the introduction of ballet rather than claim Abel is believable in terms of real life

I think we can all agree on general all characters do impossible/exagerate stuff, because everything in SF goes within SF stylistical spectrum

Then you have levels at that, be it the char trying to be somehow grounded despite still going through SFhuge exageration filter, or the char take intentional extreme departure from the traditional style he/she's supposed to rep, wich is Manon's case

Sure you can absolutely debate 1% "bullshit" or 99% "bullshit" should not matter because it's all "bullshit", then we can agree to disagree as to me these levels of difference in character's concept exist and have a visible result on how the character end up be ingame

Ultimately is about wich kind of characters you like to get in a SF cast, tastes will give you the direction to define what is bullshit to you*

Devs themselves (think was Nakayama) explained in a vid they thought make a char centered around simple Judo would have been "boring" to them, so the whole ballet thing was an addition to the formula they specifically wanted to add to departure from traditional archetype, even if would have been surely a fantasy/exagerate one

End of the day if let's say you want use game editor to create a character based on Judo or with Judo element, exagerate or not an Abel like moveset would make it feel more wannabe serious/legit (or to use another word, the gravitas you mentioned) while trying doing same with Manon, the ballet element will inevitably get in your face even if unwanted, because it's deeply connected with everything she does

Reality is Manon is a char with tons of personality, wich work great for the char himself but is not as versatile as moveset template for a created character (unless you plan to do it full ballet based one, that would actually be much easier in comparision)

*tbh i don't consider Manon a bullshit character, even if was hoping for her to be very different as Judo-Savate mix

Manon as a whole is a good addition to SF, yet her intentionally bizzarre moveset still leave me wish we get Abel at some point, simple as that

6 minutes ago, Daemos said:

So you agree that at the very least the master interactions cannot be wholly canon. 🙂 

I can agree. I find some of the master interactions to be out of character to be honest. There's no way in hell Juri would tell her life story and open up about her business dealings to a complete random who was once a target. Ken taking on another student during a period of his life where he's pushing everyone who can help him away.

20 minutes ago, Daemos said:

i passed that part yesterday

Pretty sure to remember Ryu does a point at NOT wanting recognize you as "student", but simply as person that train in same place he does

So technically Ryu will train with you and teach you stuff, but as fellow martial arts practitioner that walk same path of him, looking for the meaning of strenght to find yourself and all that

In other words Ryu is bullshitting hard to be our master without interfere with the lore portrait of him lol

3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

i passed that part yesterday

Pretty sure to remember Ryu does a point at NOT wanting recognize you as "student", but simply as person that train in same place he does

So technically Ryu will train with you and teach you stuff, but as fellow martial arts practitioner that walk same path of him, looking for the meaning of strenght to find yourself and all that

In other words Ryu is bullshitting hard to be our master without interfere with the lore portrait of him lol

To Ryu the CAC is a training partner and not a student 🤣

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

To Ryu the CAC is a training partner and not a student 🤣

I can only considered that as a solo, but if he has multiple training partner WTM Custom Character that's where the conflict would happen along with the other weird and complex stuff like the extending body parts and deformed physique 

The CAC is a vehicle to update us on the current happenings in the world of Street Fighter. Instead trying to craft a story around the cast. They did so around the CAC. This allowed a more coherent story than ASF. It also allowed the act of improving your CAC to give deeper insight into the cast than would be conveyed otherwise. You study under them and learn a lot of about who they are, what they've been through, and what they are currently up to. All the info you get from Cammy about the dolls being a prime example. You see that both she and Decapre are making an effort to make up for lost time. You wouldn't get that in the typical way Capcom tells the story of SF. 

33 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The CAC is a vehicle to update us on the current happenings in the world of Street Fighter. Instead trying to craft a story around the cast. They did so around the CAC. This allowed a more coherent story than ASF. It also allowed the act of improving your CAC to give deeper insight into the cast than would be conveyed otherwise. You study under them and learn a lot of about who they are, what they've been through, and what they are currently up to. All the info you get from Cammy about the dolls being a prime example. You see that both she and Decapre are making an effort to make up for lost time. You wouldn't get that in the typical way Capcom tells the story of SF. 

I mean that's okay as long they(all CAC) are not ALL canon in the SF universe

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's all good and true, but I still would like some actual story progression for the characters themselves as well as interactions between them within WTM (ASF style). They didn't even participate in the main plot of WTM.

I really hope we are at the start of WTM because this mode has so much story telling potential. 

11 minutes ago, Daemos said:

That's all good and true, but I still would like some actual story progression for the characters themselves as well as interactions between them within WTM (ASF style). They didn't even participate in the main plot of WTM.

I really hope we are at the start of WTM because this mode has so much story telling potential. 

The thing is, there really isn't much story to tell for most of these characters. What is story progression for Dee Jay, Honda and Blanka? For a lot of the returning cast their story will need to connect with Ken or need a reason to be involved in Nayshall. Of the newcomers only Luke and Kimberly have any stakes.

7 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Looks like SFA3 Ryu vs Bison with Sakura, Sagat and Ken is getting erase?

Is this an official Art? 

FyEQc0faAAIun7r?format=jpg&name=4096x409

No one's talking about how Ryu isn't using a Metsu Shoryuken against Sagat to scar him? Because the Shoryu was supposed to be a forbidden move like Gouken's moveset suggested. 

Are we all accepting the fact that Ryu wasn't possessed by SnH during his first fight against Sagat and had just landed the SrK as it was meant to be used?

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

The thing is, there really isn't much story to tell for most of these characters. What is story progression for Dee Jay, Honda and Blanka? For a lot of the returning cast their story will need to connect with Ken or need a reason to be involved in Nayshall. Of the newcomers only Luke and Kimberly have any stakes.

Well we'd have to come up with 2-3 mid to low stake plots running parallel. 

For example, you could have a Mad Gear B plot happening in Metro City that only briefly intersects with the A plot which is saving Nayshall from the money laundering international tournament circuit.

The Mad Gear plot could drag people like Honda in it because they are ruining his new restaurant. I know that sounds absurd but it also makes sense within the context of the universe.

They don't all have to be involved in the main plot like ASF anymore. 5 characters here, 10 characters here, and then a lot of characters just doing their own thing.

No global level threats this round. The only global "problem" is all these seemingly unrelated tournaments popping up around the globe funneling fighters and money back to Nayshall. But I think this isn't apocalyptic so everyone is just doing their thing. Hell you could even have fighters like Dee Jay participate in these circuit to plug their new album.

52 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Well we'd have to come up with 2-3 mid to low stake plots running parallel. 

For example, you could have a Mad Gear B plot happening in Metro City that only briefly intersects with the A plot which is saving Nayshall from the money laundering international tournament circuit.

The Mad Gear plot could drag people like Honda in it because they are ruining his new restaurant. I know that sounds absurd but it also makes sense within the context of the universe.

They don't all have to be involved in the main plot like ASF anymore. 5 characters here, 10 characters here, and then a lot of characters just doing their own thing.

No global level threats this round. The only global "problem" is all these seemingly unrelated tournaments popping up around the globe funneling fighters and money back to Nayshall. But I think this isn't apocalyptic so everyone is just doing their thing. Hell you could even have fighters like Dee Jay participate in these circuit to plug their new album.

I like your ideas. Damnd will need to be in the playable roster for the Mad Gear subplot to work.

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

-Could reply you're actively ignoring parts of what i say that don't fit your theory 😄 -

The "parts that don't fit my theory" are you just referencing other video games and anime.

Yes, I realize that photographic reflexes are a pre-existing trope in fiction.  But I'm trying to explain the CAC's abilities within the scope of established Street Fighter lore.  And the only characters that can do what the CAC does, to the EXTENT that the CAC does, are Seth and Twelve.  Both artificial lifeforms specifically designed to copy other fighters.

It would also explain why your character doesn't have any kind of "real" motivation.  Just a vague "I need to learn what "strength" is".  Which is exactly the kind of thing an android designed to copy other fighters without knowing it was an android would be programmed to think.

Certainly, it could all be handwaved away by Capcom as "gameplay and story segregation".  But it's also possible that it's not, and it's all being set up intentionally.

Also also, it would explain the absolutely inhuman monstrosities that players are allowed to make.  😛

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Making them an robot is such an insane reach to justify a gameplay function.

I just feel like calling it an "insane reach" is ignoring most of the stories SF has ever told.  Artificial lifeforms has practically been the focus of SF for, like, the last 3 games.

Edited by DarthEnderX
5 hours ago, mykka said:

Her not appearing in the artwork and Cammy saying they lost a doll pretty much confirms it tbh.

That's assuming Cammy isn't wrong.  She is, after all, only telling the story from her own perspective.

Considering Marz had a Disney "fell off a cliff" death, it's always possible that she's alive.

That said, I don't really need or want her to be.  "Laptop Doll" was not one of the Dolls I was ever hoping was going to become playable.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

There's no way in hell Juri would tell her life story and open up about her business dealings to a complete random who was once a target.

The entire point of the Bond system is to represent your relationship with that character.  At the higher Bond levels, the point where she starts telling you those things, you're no longer a "complete random" to her anymore.

And even then, she's like "Haha, that was all a lie, loser." which is exactly the kind of thing I would expect Juri to say if she ever found herself accidentally being sincere.

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

I mean that's okay as long they(all CAC) are not ALL canon in the SF universe

Well, obviously.  I would hope that, if the existence of the CAC is considered canon, that they're only ONE CAC.  And not EVERY CAC.

It's one thing to think maybe one person was able to get Ryu to train together with them.  It's another to think Ryu was shown how to work a cell phone by a million different people he was sparring with.

Edited by DarthEnderX
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Speaking of that, I'm annoyed they made up a new gang in the Crows to be Mad Gear's rival gang.

It should have been the Skull Cross gang.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Damnd will need to be in the playable roster for the Mad Gear subplot to work.

Please, god, no.  Damnd is second only to Abigail in terms of lame FF bosses.  His entire gimmick is summoning mooks, and that is not a gameplay mechanic I want to see in a playable SF character.

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The Crows are stationed in Nayshall.

That is...incorrect.  I just played through that portion of the game.  Both gangs had a battle to see which of them would represent Metro City in the underground fight tournament.

You run into their leaders in Nayshall later, but that's because they'd already bought their tickets before you beat them, so they're there on vacation instead.

Edited by DarthEnderX

Here's an interesting thought

Never touch SF6 yet, but I came across this another FGC guy in FB

in FB I have a circle of FGC friends not locally based but from internationally toy collectors and international gaming community

He has a thought that SF6 feels like 2  separate games merge together, the world tour according to him seems a different game.

So I remembered something that happened in 2021

Remember the leak list of games from the Ransomware attack?

9.jpg

it leaks Akira stage, Daigo's model and some of Rose alternate costume but NO TRACES of Luke nor the multiplayer Team based SF6 that rumors claims that ONO was pushing... but it never exist.

However

There was this SUPER SF6 and a brand new Final Fight game? No Darkstalkers on the list.

I was thinking what if SF6 and Final Fight merge into a one game as the SF6 we had today.

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I just feel like calling it an "insane reach" is ignoring most of the stories SF has ever told.  Artificial lifeforms has practically been the focus of SF for, like, the last 3 games.

Nothing indicates that the CAC is an artificial lifeform. What you have is speculative. 

2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Please, god, no.  Damnd is second only to Abigail in terms of lame FF bosses.  His entire gimmick is summoning mooks, and that is not a gameplay mechanic I want to see in a playable SF character.

Damnd and Edi. E (where is he in world tour!?) are the only major FF bosses that need to make the jump to playable. Damnd gameplay mechanic has been used for Mika and Akira for SF5. Too late for that. 

ABOUT CAMMY, DELTA RED, THE DOLLS 

0:57 So, it's been more than a decade and you two didn't bond yet?

1:22 Cammy being found by Delta Red, all wet, exactly like the SSF2 Gamest Special describes!

1:37 Huum, how Cammy would've known that? The updated USF2 (actually SF2HDRemix) ending didn't say anything like that. Only that she was Vega's clone, which she didn't believe him... The original SSF2 japanese ending however, do mention that she was meant to infiltrate the British Empire.

2:18 LOL Cammy mentions that Decapre is her twin sister... even she being almost one year older....

4:46 I wonder if she's speaking only for the 12 Dolls or even about the low-rank ones.

4:47 Cool! So she has a incestuous relationship with Juni? What a girl! Breaking taboos!🤣

4:55 Yep! That's about März. She's probably dead. Also, in SFV, she mentions that some Dolls might not want to be saved. THAT would also be an interesting story. A Doll that wasn't brainwashed, but was evil herself.

Edited by Lord_Vega
10 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Looks like SFA3 Ryu vs Bison with Sakura, Sagat and Ken is getting erase?

Is this an official Art? 

It's official art. It appears while you're talking with Ryu and he's wondering what strong opponents he would meet and what places he would go. And that he would be willing to pass on his knowledge like he did with the CAC.

Events with multiple outcomes, like SFA3 (destruction of Vega's body and the Psycho Drive), SF2 (multiple endings happens) and SF4 (fighting Seth and the destruction of B.L.E.C.E.) weren't depicted here.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Oh where have I seen that before...

LOL nope! That's from A Shadow Falls....

spacer.png

Who knows when Vega gets released as a DLC he might say something along the lines like "I'm immortal. I even commited suicide to escape from those darn Street Fighters! Of course I came back in a new body!" followed by a laughter. Although, I have the feeling that Nakayama dropped the body hop thing....

If not, you'll have to wait until SF7.... 

Speaking of ASF, the bonding chat with Guile is LITERALLY a summarized version of ASF...

10 hours ago, bakfromon said:

No one's talking about how Ryu isn't using a Metsu Shoryuken against Sagat to scar him? Because the Shoryu was supposed to be a forbidden move like Gouken's moveset suggested. 

Are we all accepting the fact that Ryu wasn't possessed by SnH during his first fight against Sagat and had just landed the SrK as it was meant to be used?

I though that this was already been solved? The SF1 ladder in SFV shows exactly this, not only that but Beyond the World and Climax book also mentions Ryu scarring Sagat with a regular Shoryuken. Well, Ken also scarred Luke's pretty face with a regular punch move.

The bolded part... wasn't that only for Gouken himself that he refrained to use the Shoryuken? If that was forbidden, why did he taught it to Ryu and Ken? Doesn't make sense. I thought that the prohibition was only on the Masahiko Nakahira's SFZ manga...

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Nope! Look at what Bison is wearing. Look at his hair! It’s Alpha3/SF2! Victory is mine!!!!!

Nooope! LOL,the scene is the same with the exception of Ryu being on front. While Vega might be in his SF2 incarnation (he does wear a cape there), you forget that in SFV he wears a cape and his hair is black in Nash and Vega's story mode (referring to the Zero era) where Nash is shown getting shot. However that isn't depicted in-game because Vega's Zero skin wasn't made at that time. And lazy Capcom didn't update the skin in those story modes.

Also, take a look at the art below:

spacer.png

Vega is with his hair white, however, when he faced Seth in SF4, it was still black....

If it was a nod to the aftermath trailer, why Ken and Cammy aren't on the scene? 

Why it's the same 3 heroes from ASF in the same position (something that doesn't happen in the aftermath trailer)?

Why not Ken, Ryu and Guile?

Or Chun-Li, Ryu and Cammy?

Besides, you seem to forget that 4 months ago, Capcom itself showed us a timeline where SFZ3 and SF2 are separate events....

Edited by Lord_Vega