Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, Lord_Vega said:

Sweet! I also heard that, this time, the book is in english, without a japanese version...

I heard the same thing. Strange that the Japanese audience isn't getting the book in their native tongue this time around... I saw the unboxing with Nakayama-san and Matsumoto-san during their Q&A session a couple weeks ago. Nothing but English materials.

25 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I mentioned this a page or two ago.

Also I think that's Retsu with Dan behind Ryu. Maki also in the background like you mentioned.

Yes. you did. but I brought the dialogue itself 😄

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Isn't that Sakura and Kei beside Maki?

Hum, that seems to be the case. She's thrilled seeing Ryu shirtless. LOL

*sigh* I can't find anyone who has bonded with JP yet....

14 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

*sigh* I can't find anyone who has bonded with JP yet....

Same. I want to know his max bond secrets... And where is that damn cat of his!

There is so much going on in WTM. It's so RICH in content - both trivial and informative. 

Stuff I am interested in right now:

1- Really studying the SiRN facility and talking to everyone. I think Seth or Shadaloo are involved. 

2- Bond Maxing Cammy, Guile, JP, and Chun.

3- Checking the shops for trinkets and easter eggs.

4- Anything that points to acknowledgements of SF3. Specifically, if Gill is on the billboards, there has to be a clue somewhere in the world about his wacky televangelism. 😄 

I think WTM is a roaring success and addictive. I really hope they go beyond adding new optional masters to max out, but actually adding new plotlines with more chapters to complete.

While the story itself is basic as fuck and predictable, the world they built and the level of detail has never been done before in a fighting game. Some scenes in the city and in Nayshall are absolutely GORGEOUS. And truth to be told, I found myself rooting for the people of Nayshall towards the end and I hope we get the chance to liberate them in SF6.

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Ryu talking about Gouken (timestamped)

lol Chunli doing shopping for Ryu, they are now starting building connection.

However Sakura is established one. Let's see how they progress each one in a meaningful narrative way in the future

For me, I preferred Ryu and Chun both single, specially Chun li.

I think them being married would be soon a sign of a major reboot, both characters are essential to be single but idealize as a pair on marketing but no commitment and real attachment. Romantically inclined but not committed.

Chun li cannot afford to be back seated as a character, she an icon.

EReqRpE.png

Yet I don't mind Ryu being like Gon's Dad, Ging Freecss leaving his son to become a hunter or something

Like his son goal is meeting his father from his journey across the world, like in the greed island episode. because his father is constantly moving forward and improving.

Yet I preferred Ryu's future to be more like Rouwe from Galaxy Fight

That him being soughtout by new generation of fighters and old fighters

Edited by Shakunetsu
7 hours ago, Daemos said:

MGYMUXh.png

JP art from the game. The First Order is coming!

DBfrRuJ.png

JP Master card. It seems only after you complete the main story of WTM will the game begin to officially acknowledge JP's fake name, PP, and ties to Shadaloo.

EPnEDV7.png

@CESTUS IIIis Li-Fen confirmed? 😄

No 😄

She genius IQ and recognize devs being pathetic if they can't come up with something else, props to her

But

with Chun, Jamie and AKI we are already full of chinese doing Kung Fu, while i still not see Muay Thai, pure Boxing, Capoeira and Jiu Jitsu

Pls, fuck off Li Fen

7 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Ryu talking about Gouken (timestamped)

Also, after he mentions Gouken, there's a artwork of him, Dan, an old man that resembles the one from the beginning of SFV and Maki. Can anyone identify the old man's name?

Yeah definitely Retsu

Btw Ryu could have carried all that thing by himself lol

How old is Ryu from Street Fighter? - Quora

7 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Found something nifty to keep us from grinding in WTM:

I'm thinking if do like this or use FC to unlock costumes anyway, so i can use DT to buy other stuff rather than gifts for Masters

Anybody else got same thought?

Also, can we farm Zenny forever in WT?

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

She genius IQ and recognize devs being pathetic if they can't come up with something else, props to her

I know I know (and I agree that this is lazy btw). But I still don't think this is another Shadaloo story completely. I think there is a B or C plot about reviving Bison but most if not all of the cast will be shielded from it. I don't even think JP knows about it (though he might be laundering money unknowingly for them).

Spoiler

Like the only direct involvement the Remnants (who are unidentified right now, they could be Neo) is hiring Juri to abduct Bosch who makes a deal with them for a PP upgrade. The other thing thing they are doing is that they are deleting all information online about JP and any leads to remnants of Shadaloo. So they are both "helping" JP and also they could've killed him with Bosch.

They also helped indirectly organize some of the preliminary tournaments around the world that feed into the main one in Suvalhal. Could be tied to the money laundering scheme.

I think JP still has an interesting and unique tale to tell regardless of his current/former ties to Bison/Shadaloo. Shadaloo was the biggest criminal organization the world - the narrative surrounding the fall out of ASF and the power vacuum left behind was always in the cards I think especially when you consider that they've been "gone" for almost a decade of game time.

The other thing is I think or hope there is another story that is going to be told.

Lily's arcade IMO hints at something big that could be coming, and like it was mentioned here - it could be tied to the spirit of the Earth/Gaia.

Edited by Daemos
16 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

As a Ryu x Chun-Li shipper myself, GIVE ME MORE CAPCOM!!!

I thought you like her for yourself HAHA

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

An acknowledgment of Ken’s SF3 story and of Sean’s existence from Ken’s bonding!

Glad that they still acknowledge him hopefully become a playable character or at least a NPC with a significant role in later expansion

Edited by Shakunetsu

I gotta say, I'm disappointed at how assigning Specials works for the CAC.

I was hoping I'd be able to pick a move, then choose the input for it.  So I'd have, like, 4 QC moves(Forward Punch, Back Punch, Forward Kick, Back Kick), and 4 DP moves(same).  Unfortunately, every move is locked to it's standard motion, and you can't have 2 moves that share the same motion.  Even if they have a different activation button(so, for example, you can't have a QCF+P move AND a QCF+K move).

This DRASTICALLY limits the combinations of moves you can have.  And pretty much guarantees that if you're character has 8 specials, you're going to be stuck being a combination motion+charge character.

Spoiler

LOOOOL! Dudley doing everything with his gloves is... he glued them on his hands and wasn't able to take them off ever since.

That could be a reference to Roberto Gómez Bolaños "El Chavo", a mexican comedic television sitcom that aired from mid 70's to early 90's. There, there's an episode where Don Ramón tries to teach Chavo boxing. However, Don Ramón was gluing some pictures on his album, and Chavo gets glue on his hand and, forgetting this detail, puts the boxing gloves, gluing them.

Also, Li-Fen acknowledges being kidnapped more than once....

Edited by Lord_Vega
1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

I gotta say, I'm disappointed at how assigning Specials works for the CAC.

I was hoping I'd be able to pick a move, then choose the input for it.  So I'd have, like, 4 QC moves(Forward Punch, Back Punch, Forward Kick, Back Kick), and 4 DP moves(same).  Unfortunately, every move is locked to it's standard motion, and you can't have 2 moves that share the same motion.  Even if they have a different activation button(so, for example, you can't have a QCF+P move AND a QCF+K move).

This DRASTICALLY limits the combinations of moves you can have.  And pretty much guarantees that if you're character has 8 specials, you're going to be stuck being a combination motion+charge character.

Bro you should have expected this. Remember Street Fighter EX3? Remember Ace from that game?... Of course not because it was forgettable. Anyway the custom character is exactly like Ace from that game where you could pick different moves for them but none of them could share the same input. 

Capcom literally played the waiting game and repackaged Ace from SFEX3 made him customizable and then built an adventure mode around him. 

The market changed but Capcom really didn't🤣

Hide contents

LOOOOL! Dudley doing everything with his gloves is... he glued them on his hands and wasn't able to take them off ever since.

That could be a reference to Roberto Gómez Bolaños "El Chavo", a mexican comedic television sitcom that aired from mid 70's to early 90's. There, there's an episode where Don Ramón tries to teach Chavo boxing. However, Don Ramón was gluing some pictures on his album, and Chavo gets glue on his hand and, forgetting this detail, puts the boxing gloves, gluing them.

Balrog/Boxer did the same in the cartoon.

and another acknowledgment of SF3! It really happened!

Reveal hidden contents

Whaaaat, for real ?! Oh snap that's wild, who did you talk to to learn this in game?

11 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

I'm pretty sure you mean she's hitting you in the face with her foot which you'd probably enjoy too so I guess you'll take it however it comes. 

Idk out of nowhere this single mom started text like 5 messages, then asked if i did martial arts and i was like "yeah a bit" and then she's like "i understand, you got very beautiful posture" and sending emoticons

I think would happen with other avatars too, but with V.Rosso privilege activated this mean shower scene incoming 🤔

Jokes aside i noticed a thing

Somebody ( @Daemos? ) focused recently on Dhalsim feeling SnH or some sort of evil spirit when fighting Lily in Mexico

But it's not the only

Singing Wolf (who Lily compare to Dhalsim in terms of perception) when our avatar reach Mexico say "Evil Parasite" (at least in italian version, he say Parassita Malvagio"), wich cause Lily to fight us, because she thinks he's talking about us

After the fight Lily say we are not-evil and that SW must have done an error (or that maybe she translated wrong his ancient language), but she say HE NEVER DO ERRORS

So both Singing Wolf and Dhalsim feel this evil presence while in Mexico/Thunderfoot place

Another intersting thing is the "parasite"

"an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense."

I'm truly starting to believe that this guy

Necalli | Wiki | Amino Fighters Amino

after SFV beatings returned to sleep in whatever aztec tomb in mexico, and something is waking him up

PS: another possibility is that he's talking about Lily and her spirit but i doubt... the spiri is with her whole time she fights and Sim have no more that feel after their fight

Edited by CESTUS III
26 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I'm truly starting to believe that this guy

Necalli | Wiki | Amino Fighters Amino

In English it was translated to "Evil Pest" which is kinda parasitic.

The only character unaccounted for that is evil, a pest, in Mexico, and reeks of SNH is Necalli.

Perhaps Nakayama wants another opportunity to do the character justice? They can fix the hair, the voice acting, completely reimagine the concept and with the RE Engine, they can do stuff like this:

And if he's added to World Tour mode, maybe he can have a decent background story.

I just hope it's not Evil Lily.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Chun Li is hitting on me on whatsapp

Did she already caught you looking at her legs? 🤣  I'm loving those surprised faces they do. Cammy is SO CUUUUTE!

Spoiler

spacer.png

Sakura, Dan Blanka... and Gen! I wonder if this isn't from the Zero days...

Spoiler

spacer.png

Ken, Eliza and Mel

Spoiler

spacer.png

Guile, Chris/Amy (Guile's daughter) , Laura, Sean, Lucia (?) and Dee Jay

Spoiler

spacer.png

If you wanna be rich, You've got to be a beatch (Cammy artwork)

Spoiler

Fxn0VYSWAAQoHwg?format=jpg&name=large

Cammy, Decapre and Dudley

Spoiler

spacer.png

6 hours ago, ShockDingo said:

Whaaaat, for real ?! Oh snap that's wild, who did you talk to to learn this in game?

That was on twitter, with part of the above picture with Cammy and Decapre. Wonder if it's real.

Bosch

Spoiler

Just saw Bosch on the first place at the podium. So, if you lose against him he's the winner. Cool! I wonder if that's a one shot fight without continue like final battle in the arcade version of Zero 3.

9 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

I wonder if that's a one shot fight without continue like final battle in the arcade version of Zero 3.

It is. Whether you win or lose, it ends. It doesn't make a difference though in what happens next besides the position on the podium.

There are a few fights where I think it is impossible to win (Juri in the beginning for example before the abduction).

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Using my impeccable translation skills, I can see that it says that "I'm only here to prepare the way for Vega* to come next season".

What a great guy JP ❤️

*Vega is the true Japanese name of M.Bison.

If only you could actually read what it was saying then it would probably be more of an interest to you... Actually not really it just mentions that JP was in charge of financial affairs for Bison so he was Shadaloo's accountant. Makes sense why he's laundering money.

"私は、あの男の下で、金融関係を 取り仕切っていました"

Under that man, I was in charge of the financial affairs.

Edited by bakfromon
1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Gen is alive or this was just memories before SFV? hoping his well

https://twitter.com/Hatsubara_8chan/status/1665287474887938048

FxxJ6qbaQAAx6Na?format=jpg&name=large

Those are definitely memories since Sakura is still in her school clothes and Gen looks like he's desiged in his Alpha attire. 

Dan's Dojo is actually in Metro City too but it's not open yet. He's probably still having phone issues because his phone number isn't listed on the sign. 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

In English it was translated to "Evil Pest" which is kinda parasitic.

The only character unaccounted for that is evil, a pest, in Mexico, and reeks of SNH is Necalli.

Perhaps Nakayama wants another opportunity to do the character justice?

Tbh they CAN explain Necalli's SFV failure in a way that does'nt compromise the char canon wise

Going by prophecy, he was supposed to

• Lv0 Necalli: just woke up, weak but still able to prey on Ryu due SnH
  • Lv1 Necalli: absorbed Ryu, have now the power to absorb Dhalsim
  • Lv2 Necalli: absorbed Ryu and Dhalsim, have now the power to absorb Bison
  • Lv3 Necalli: absorbed Ryu, Dhalsim and Bison, have now the power to eat the world as the prophecy shitjustgotreal

Watching ASF, he was successful at defeat Ryu and trigger his SnH (wich would have probably gone to his advantage), but Dhalsim presence there prevented him to absorb Ryu and go into Lv1

Every Loss he got afterward can make sense

Dhalsim -> according to the prophecy he wold need to be Lv1 to do it, was still Lv0

Bison -> according to the prophecy he wold need to be Lv2 to do it, was still Lv0

Balrog -> this is not in the prophecy, but can make sense if we consider he just woke up from centuries of sleep and never had the chance to eat, while having bunch of fights/defeats... canon wise at that point is reasonable consider

Akuma -> at this point this does'nt need much explanation, would have required Lv3 for him to have a chance, while he still was at Lv0 lol

Problem is i don't see Capcom give us much explanation, would not be surprised if ends up like "hey guys Necalli is back, maybe you remember of him from SFV! Bad guy eat people!"

Btw happy if necalli returns, deserve another chance (even if having no faith in coward devs may doom his 2nd chance too lol)

The full Ken/Sean interaction thanks to @Scotia

Edit-  Another Bison, Sagat, and ? Sighting!

FxweXZfWcAAGFZN?format=jpg&name=large

Seen like that 3rd seems like Necalli, but would say Balrog is more likely due hairline shape (wich was very typical of Rog) and his role of former Shadaking... if you add Vega between Sagat and Rog, you get whole SF2 boss run lol

Juri concept arts

FxplHaPX0AApRGR?format=jpg&name=large

☝️ First on the left is best, give me great Taekwondo vibes, give it to me as Outfit3 now ❤️

Watch some edgy shit steal his slot 🥲

Adon makes an appearance

FxxFBt_aAAENsp7?format=jpg&name=large

Fun thing is that jaguar indeed exist in brazilian amazon forest, where is the apex predator too... and have nothing to do with Thailand

Blanka have every right to watch Adon like "wtf are you talking about?" lol 😆

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

If only you could actually read what it was saying then it would probably be more of an interest to you... Actually not really it just mentions that JP was in charge of financial affairs for Bison so he was Shadaloo's accountant. Makes sense why he's laundering money.

"私は、あの男の下で、金融関係を 取り仕切っていました"

Under that man, I was in charge of the financial affairs.

I did translate it actually using Google image translator. That's why I said what I said.

Many pages ago I said that JP reminds me of Seth 2.0, turns out I was right he's in charge of a different division in Shadaloo's former massive empire. I also said that it doesn't make sense that money is his end goal, he has to be laundering it for a reason. The FANG short story gave us the reason IMO.

It never made sense to me that Bison has a peer (from a forgotten old story) that was hidden for decades when all known Psycho Power in the SF universe comes from him (that's the point of Bison killing his master IIRC).

There are still a few unknowns that we need to find out. According to Li-Fen, JP would always leave his target nation after stealing the money but this time he stayed in Nayshall for 4 years. 

I think after the amount of money JP laundered from the first Nayshall tournament someone paid him a visit and offered him power and resources. JP now with immense Psycho Power was able to greatly multiply his profits.

He then worked with others to create something like Capcom's Pro Tour to funnel money into Nayshall from around the world, all the while becoming more and more corrupt with power. The CPT revives Street Fighter, and JP's tournament circuit revives Bison. Art imitating life maybe. 

Edited by Daemos