Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

seYkMeP.png

Like this stuff is gonna be really cool. @ShockDingoyou mentioned earlier about having a discussion for a plot guide update, I think in light of how canon will develop in SF6, it's important to play through WTM and see what can be used and what should be dismissed.

Like if your avatar beats Juri or Akuma in a fight, that kind of shit should not be canon. I'm not even sure if if the Cac or Avatar should be canon. Does the he/she have an entry in the plot guide if they are a character that canonically interacts with the universe?

4 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Or she is German, and she dresses like that because she's T. Hawk's wife, and she lives with his tribe.

There could be multiple ways to fix well the bullshit they did, but problem is till they don't confirm it in the canon we have nothing 🥲

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

Hide contents

At the moment it is it seems.

Possible spoilers ahead-

I've done a terrible thing which is consume as many reviews on WTM and as much leaked content as I can get my hands on. I just couldn't wait, and boy am I disappointed with the canon content so far. Like I suspected, the comic could not be sustained in game. Maybe they had difficulty including more characters in the narrative, or maybe they just didn't care as much.

SF6 at this time does not address loose ends from SF3 and SF5 at all, certainly not satisfyingly. In terms of how much actual progress is made for the returning characters, it's less than SF4 and SF5.

Given Capcom's history of handling SF's story, I hope there is an expansion to each individual character's story somehow because WTM is just not it, and this can't be what will carry us into SF7. Like it can't omg.

I'm not worried at all, guess story will be truly developed in future, when we get more characters

We got the hint after comics event JP still is in Nayshall and fueled by PP he's developing a taste for the tournament gimmick that push him out of his usual logic way to do thingsz...

My guess is that this will push him to do a new tournament pretending to do it for some complex reason, while on reality he just tasted blood/conflict and wants more... that will be the chance for Ken to join it, reach the final and finally fight JP face-to-face

If they do this by itself would be a respectable way of execute what elements so far only hinted

3 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

We got the hint after comics event JP still is in Nayshall and fueled by PP he's developing a taste for the tournament gimmick that push him out of his usual logic way to do thingsz...

My guess is that this will push him to do a new tournament pretending to do it for some complex reason, while on reality he just tasted blood/conflict and wants more... that will be the chance for Ken to join it, reach the final and finally fight JP face-to-face

This would be a respectable way of handling things and giving the new villain some space to show us what he's got/into. He says he was only interested in the money, but clearly something else is making him hungry for more.

A WW tournament can bring everyone together. Ken comes for revenge, and that drags his buddies who care for him into the action packed showdown. 

Edited by Daemos
26 minutes ago, Daemos said:

This would be a respectable way of handling things and giving the new villain some space to show us what he's got/into. He says he was only interested in the money, but clearly something else is making him hungry for more.

A WW tournament can bring everyone together. Ken comes for revenge, and that drags his buddies who care for him into the action packed showdown. 

If Luke and Ken reach semi-final, pretty sure Luke will let Ken pass on the final even if he improved after their first fight

Luke vs JP: “As much as I want to give you a piece of my mind, I’m not the guy who’s got a score to settle.”

9 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Luke's everywhere in SF6's marketing but the real main character is Ken.

Luke is basically a product of a boardroom.

He has elements from Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Guile harvested and repackaged into a Zoomer. It works, as formulaic as it is, it really does. I would like him a lot more if Capcom weren't trying so hard to make everyone like him by forcing him onto everything. With the impending commercial success of SF6, Luke will likely be propelled into stardom by association. We'll never not see him again.

Hopefully if we get a super edition, the game will have Ken on the cover. He's been a side piece for so long, and instead of giving him his hard earned moment they find another, younger, and more attractive blond white man to take the spotlight.

Edited by Daemos
2 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

Luke's everywhere in SF6's marketing but the real main character is Ken.

He will be a "protagonist" as Rashid was in SFV, do something important without be the one actually fighting the final boss

My guess was and still is, his role may be have to fight Ed (bit like Rashid fought #2 FANG)

They seem designed to have even rivalry, both young, around same size and both using mainly punches

Now going really fantasy guess, but would be cool if happen and Luke use against Ed the same left liver hook counter  Ken used on him in the comics to finish their fight

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

SF6 at this time does not address loose ends from SF3 and SF5 at all, certainly not satisfyingly. In terms of how much actual progress is made for the returning characters, it's less than SF4 and SF5

You need to take on a character as a master and give them gifts for the deep dive for their character.

1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

You need to take on a character as a master and give them gifts for the deep dive for their character.

We'll see the quality of the information that they divulge but from what I gather it is mostly a recap and trivia. Like how much of it moves the character's story forward in relation to what's happening in the universe. 

Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

With the impending commercial success of SF6, Luke will likely be propelled into stardom by association. We'll never not see him again.

Perfect 💎

At this point MMA stereotype rep should be there to stay in SF

Just wish they improve his actual MMA... lot has been done from the days of SFV, but LOT still to do

Send the guy to train under* Laura in Brazil**, if all his ground grappling is the shit RNC without hooks i seen in the comics (reason Ken got free like that lol) dude needs lot of Matsuda family help, rather than him training Sean lol

*fully intentional

** omg somebody bring him there, with his geography skills he will end up somewhere in Africa

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Send the guy to train under* Laura in Brazil**, if all his ground grappling is the shit RNC without hooks i seen in the comics (reason Ken got free like that lol) dude needs lot of Matsuda family help, rather than him training Sean lol

Who says he's training Sean, Laura probably sent Sean up their to each him the basics. Luke's got the ground game of Gyril Gane... That aside, I wonder how much info is yet to be found. Seems like in a basic 20 hour run, you can only truly get to know one of the master characters. I have feeling their is more to be discovered.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Who says he's training Sean, Laura probably sent Sean up their to each him the basics. Luke's got the ground game of Gyril Gane... That aside, I wonder how much info is yet to be found. Seems like in a basic 20 hour run, you can only truly get to know one of the master characters. I have feeling their is more to be discovered.

Is possible Ken sent Sean to train with Luke

After all they're about same age (SF6 Sean and Luke are somewhere around middle 20s i think), and Ken had good scrap with Luke wich may have made him suggest Sean to go train with him... after all is likely in SF6 Ken is'nt even training Sean anymore, given the whole new lifestyle and revenge stuff

Can see Ken be like "I've stuff to do, meanwhile you can go train at the gym of that guy in MC, i know him he's good"

Would not even be first time Ken sent him to some friend

Ending for Street Fighter III-Sean(Arcade)

I think Sean appears as a jobber for Luke in WTM. Not sure it will improve his chances of joining the game unless he takes Dan's spot in the later seasons.

I remember Max talking about how the Capcom devs did not intent Sean to be good at all in earlier iterations of SF3 and corrected it in 3S by intentionally making a shitastic character balance-wise. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The game glosses over the fact she was kidnapped by Urien? Or does her kidnapping in ASF overdrive the Urien one?

I think during a scene when you have to save her from the Mad Gear, she mentions that this wasn't the first time she's been kidnapped. LF mentions Chun-Li rescued her when they first met. But I also think she mentioned that there were a couple of times when Chun-Li had to come to her rescue (probably refering to SF3)

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The game glosses over the fact she was kidnapped by Urien? Or does her kidnapping in ASF overdrive the Urien one?

No idea if they talk about it, but untill confirmed otherwise are two different events

Second time (SF3) i guess Chun did the rescue privately, not as part of an Interpol operation

It says a lot when Chun's and Juri's arcade mode stories are fundamentally the same, and yet Juri's is the one with much better character depth.

I wish Chun's was a little more of polar opposite to Juri, which would be perfect for their rivalry. Juri is still bitter, and has not truly moved on from vengeance. Where as Chun-Li has, as evidenced with her moving on with her life, teaching kung fu and adopting Li-Fen. Chun-Li has found peace, and Juri still can't let it go.

And that was the thing that I felt lacked with Chun-Li's arcade mode story. Prologue  had a lot of exposition. No mentioning of Li-Fen or that Chun-Li's life taking a new and peaceful turn. Hell, give us some Chun and Li-Fen fun and fluff as an arcade prologue! Show them going shopping or getting sweets! I'd be happy with that. Or at least have Li-Fen be a component in both Chun's and Juri's arcade modes. Li-Fen would give Chun-Li a reason to fight. And Juri can see Li-Fen as either A) A new chain to pull whenever she wants to mess with Chun, or B)  maybe a turn in a new direction, after seeing Chun-Li move on and put M. Bison in the past with the addition of Li-Fen, maybe Juri could go find a new reason to fight to help her close that M. Bison chapter in her life.

I like that in Juri's pre-boss fight, Chun is showing compassion and empathy of Juri's history. And you can hear in Juri's voice and in her words that it's cutting deep to the truth. Chun's pre-boss fight is just a tease of a returning evil, but it doesn't give any more information than that.

14 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@Chun-Li_ForeverI wonder if her ending is separate from Chun’s. Like did they have two encounters or is it two perspectives on the same encounter. 

It would be uncharacteristic for Juri to turn a new leaf btw. She is Chun’s opposite, so she can only go darker morally speaking IMO coming out of her doubts. Otherwise, might as well retire her.

I believe that it's the same encounter from different perspectives. Juri and Chun meet up, Chun tries to get Juri to stop pursuing vengeance, while Juri warns Chun-Li that evil still lurks in the shadows waiting for the right moment to pounce.

I think Chun either wins or is close to winning, as she stays that "she didn't get any more information out of Juri", so Chun probably at worst entertained Juri enough for her to to spill a little something before bailing out. 

Some spoilers on Ken's story

Spoiler

The most of it is involved in Guile's story. I pretty much predicted everything involving Ken. Guile's story gives more insight to the matter and establishes more of a connection with him and his brother in law than any other game so far. 

Guile wants to help find where Ken is hiding. He asks Luke if he knows any leads and of course Luke by now knows Ken was framed. 

Guile finds Ken in Metro City and guesses correctly that Ken stays there in order to keep tabs on the Masters Foundation.

Even though Ken's name is cleared he chooses to keep his family estranged and stay on the run. This is probably out of shame of getting played by JP and getting his son involved and kidnapped. 

Guile's unsuccessful in talking Ken into going back home and being a family man. 

We were definitely wondering if anyone involved in Ken's life who had any sort of clout would try to help him out of this situation and we get that in the form of Guile. Even though he wasn't able to talk Ken out of his decision he is motivated into investigating Nayshall more. Maybe he can get some leads from Chun and track down Ryu to help bring his brother in arms back to his senses. Guile's like the Captain America in all this and he's definitely the one to lead the charge in reforming the World Warriors again. 

Edited by bakfromon

On that channel that @bakfromon posted from Ken's story, almost all arcade stories are available:

https://www.youtube.com/@8thstagegaming/videos

Some artwork that we already saw aren't there... like Juri's parents and Luke as a boy with that military dude, Lily with her father (and mother?). So I wonder if the story can be expanded.

And... it seems the art gallery will be bigger than we think:

Spoiler

Edited by Lord_Vega
38 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

What's wrong with it?

Trouser crotch being super low, guess this pic show it easily

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYT0dt6X0AEU30C?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Beside looking like crap also on pratical level feels like he would have trouble kick anything above a knee lol... of course "realism" never been much a thing in SF and there are times fuck it in name of aesthetic is the right thing to do

But in this case look like crap, look unpratical and killed the dynamism of the line, now feels like a short legs sack of potatoes stuck to the ground

And would look even lower if Ryu's belt had proper knot and not that loose shit they gave him in 6, imagine belt staying firm parallel to the ground rather than sloping down, then would be even more evident how they ruined the line

I understand and even see it working on Default wich have it similar, but on nostalgia one was fucking amateur mistake

Too bad it's the one i will use the most lol 🥲

*praying for a decent non-bearded alt* 🕯️🙏🕯️ 

Edited by CESTUS III
2 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Some artwork that we already saw aren't there... like Juri's parents and Luke as a boy with that military dude, Lily with her father (and mother?). So I wonder if the story can be expanded.

These are the bits of art you gather through interaction with your mentor in WTM or by completing objectives/arcade mode.

Edited by Daemos
17 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Trouser crotch being super low, guess this pic show it easily

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYT0dt6X0AEU30C?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Beside looking like crap also on pratical level feels like he would have trouble kick anything above a knee lol... of course "realism" never been much a thing in SF and there are times fuck it in name of aesthetic is the right thing to do

But in this case look like crap, look unpratical and killed the dynamism of the line, now feels like a short legs sack of potatoes stuck to the ground

And would look even lower if Ryu's belt had proper knot and not that loose shit they gave him in 6, imagine belt staying firm parallel to the ground rather than sloping down, then would be even more evident how they ruined the line

I understand and even see it working on Default wich have it similar, but on nostalgia one was fucking amateur mistake

Too bad it's the one i will use the most lol 🥲

*praying for a decent non-bearded alt* 🕯️🙏🕯️ 

All this talk about crotch line in pants makes it sound like you just want to see a virtual 🍆 print. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

General comments about the direction:

- They got different artists again to submit. They look really good.

- I really like the "street level" to a lot of these. Everything feels intimate and grounded. Like everyone knows one another and they are meeting friends. It's charming as a fan.

- The music in these is actually great and fitting.

- The Arcade Stories succeed (more or less) in giving you a sense of the character, who they are, what motivates them. It falls in line with the worldbuilding I mentioned earlier. I think their goal here is to introduce the characters to a new generation more than address our desires for closure or progress.

- I like that they found ways for the legacy characters to meet the new characters as rivals. I thought Lily and Kimberly would be grate on me more because of their child-like demeanors but on contrary I really their presence.

Aside from the obvious thing with Ken needing a resolution which we may or may not get in WTM. Here are other questions raised by arcade stories 

Spoiler

- Who is deleting all the Shadaloo remnant info and also info on JP on the internet (seen in comics and mentioned in Cammy story)? It's not JP, he works alone. My guess is that it either is Neo-Shadaloo or Shadaloo itself doing this.

- Another thing is that Cammy, possibly because of her nature, can sense PP as we saw. I think the feelings that Cammy can't escape could be her "sensing" Bison in the void - they are biologically linked, why not spiritually? A little bit of copium here but it is possible.

- What is Dhalsim talking about in his story? Who is Lily's spirit that made him think it was the SNH? Is it the red power (Necalli) ? Why does Lily refer to the spirit like this other person that needs to grow stronger before it can fight? Lily going to turn into Evil Lily? Capcom wouldn't throw the SNH reference there for no reason.

- What was Juri's warning about? Where did she get her information? And what is it?

- Some characters are wearing outfits that were not just released in the trailer. Are they in the game or will they be released at a future time?

- This one has been covered by Cest and me but it seems JP never had an appetite for fighting until SF6. So I hope what is teased in his story actually becomes a thing in an expansion like Aftermath.

A personal wish of mine given that we have a  criminal thriller mystery type story with Ken and JP and the way WTM is built with the 2 main hubs and everything else side hubs is that there's a crime solving aspect like the old PC Carmen Sandiego games. 

JP's alt costume gave me this idea for some reason with his hat and trench coat. 

Besides the friendship building you would do with the World Warriors there would also be some optional mystery solving regarding JP and who he is. Given enough clues you could find around the world map your character would initiate the World Warriors into their own investigation into JP and his business in Nayshall and eventually a secret ending involving a showdown against him

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks like Capcom successfully transitioned their SF protagonist.

So far Luke seems successful as a new protagonist for SF.

Because of how they portray him in the narrative.

For clarity i never liked Luke but they are successful now, beyond marketing and promotional but how they build up Luke's character in SF6 compare SF5.

Edited by Shakunetsu

My last batch before the game release. 

Juri Vs Manon

IMG_2673.png

“I don’t wanna hear any crying, rich girl. You’re big and strong, ain’tcha? Bwahahaha!”

Marisa Vs Guile

IMG_2674.png

“There are few things more satisfying than fighting someone with ironclad defense!”

Ryu vs Dee Jay

IMG_2675.png

“There’s no depth in how you fight, but no darkness either. That’s for the best, I think.”

Jamie Vs E. Honda

IMG_2683.png

“My medicine’s kinda like an energy drink. Don’t think it’s a good pairing chanko stew, though.”

Jamie Vs Dee Jay

IMG_2684.png

“Haha, give Jamie Siu a groove to break to, and he’ll rock those tops all day long!”

Lily Vs Jamie

IMG_2681.png

“Show me around when I visit your town, okay? I’m gonna take so many photos!”

Dee Jay Vs Blanka

IMG_2676.png

“I can hear the rhythm of the jungle pulsin’ through ya!”

Dee Jay Vs Cammy

IMG_2677.png

“Music isn’t something ya understand. It’s something ya feel!”

Manon Vs JP

IMG_2678.png

“I usually live and let live, but you? You, I despise.”

JP vs Manon

IMG_2679.png

“Ballet is truly one of humanity’s finest achievements.”

JP Vs Ryu

IMG_2680.png

“Indeed, the path to strength is never-ending. Those who walk it are destined to expire along the way.”

It’s been fun gathering these for the thread the past few months. Will be nice to have them all once the game comes out.