Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

spacer.png

Chun's favorite food is crepes but you probably won't be able to get them from Meteo City. You'll have to travel to France and possibly beat Manon. 

Only after you travel to France and get crepes as an item and then back track to Metro City and gift them to her is how you'll win Chun's ♥️

I'm sure there will be no shortage of sweets to purchase around Metro City and Nayshall. But only the most authentic crepes from France is what our beloved deserves, nothing but the best from the best for our Queen Waifu.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Well, if i flight to France and beat an olympic judoka just to get her some crepes, i expect next scene to be

Street Fighter II: Animated Movie Chun-Li vs Vega, best game to movie scene  ever? | Page 3 | NeoGAF

Stop! Stop! Capcom has given us too much power already! Goodness, save that for the Max Social Link cutscene at least.

(Lol, and the Li-Fen walks in and makes it a typical romcom anime scene XD)

36 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Li-Fen was not 3 or 4 during SF3. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Maybe he was referring to Mel who was 3-4 in SF3 and got them mixed up.

I agree with this. Li-Fen may be small, but she at least seems to have developed some form of speech and logic that would suggest child genius but above the physiology of a toddler (like Mel).

8-9 years old sounds feasable, though I wouldn't throw out the possibility of her being maybe a year or two younger (6-7). She is a genius and a prodigy hacker at a young age.

Everyone loves to use Mel as a pinpoint for where the timeline should be placed in SF. How about using Dhalsim's wife and son. They're technically in the series in for a wider timespan. 

Everyone forgets that Sally was literally a teen mom at 17 having Dhalsim's son during SFA2 which is only a year after the first game.

His last canon appearance is SF5 and he's basically still a kid shorter than his mom.

In SF6 he's hit his growth spurt and is a young man at this point. Sally is probably in her mid to late 30's

spacer.png

Reason we use Mel is because when know exactly when Eliza told Ken she was pregnant, and we can use her pregnancy, then his birth and age to pinpoint the passage of time to within a few months to a year or so.

But yes, Datta is also useful.

Edit- He looks like a 16-18 year old in SF6. So based on that:

SF1  to SF3 = 10 years approximately

SF3 - SF6 = 5-7 years.

Poor Bison has been without a body for almost a decade?! 😭

Edited by Daemos

Since Eventhubs bites off of us, I figured I'd do the same (but at least I'm giving credit lol). Here's their theory:

Judging by her appearance in SF5 and SF3, we believe Li-Fen to be around 6–8 years old during those games.

The girl in the SF6 trailer appears to probably be in the 14–16 year old range.

Using those numbers, we can get a relative picture of 6–10 years passing between the end of Third Strike and Street Fighter 6 (assuming our estimation is correct).

That would be quite the massive jump for the series considering most of the events in the story up to this point have taken place over like a decade.

This 6–10 year hypothesis does make sense with what Capcom is seemingly trying to do with the franchise now by introducing a brand "new generation" of fighters beyond the previous bunch that were already given that title.

Plausible....?

11 hours ago, Daemos said:

Of68UiV.png

Goodbye Space Haggar.

Sigh..........Amusing but still damn that stings!

Crushing dreams out here but its not only Nakayama with this mindset.

Every title where the two powerhouses could have finally clashed, has been met with the purposeful exclusion of one or the other. I think the most obvious one was MVC3 where Haggar was chosen as CAPCOM's grappler rep and Zangief finally takes a vacation. This, despite the fact that the russian has filled that particular role since the birth of the crossover series SFVX.

I mean they've done more than enough to differentiate their movesets over the years as fighters and we all know Capcom isn't afraid to have multiple shotos in one title.

I guess it just boils down to the fact that Gief and the Mayor practically look like brothers. Even this is a cop out considering Haggar was a pro wrestler and can literally change his looks to suit a gimmick if that's what you're so hung up on.

It really is kinda insulting this time around especially since we have a mainstream SF title, actually set in METRO CITY and HAGGAR is NOWHERE to be found. It's so bad that because of the giant memorial statue, everybody myself included, assumed Haggar was dead LOL!!!

Ahhhh well good to know i'm not the only one wondering why Big Mike never got his time to shine in Street Fighter! Infinite sadness.

Edited by Counterstrike
6 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Okay, I think we have a more concrete answer for how much time passed since SF3. I was listening to the localization director Andrew Alfonso and he said Li Fen was around 3-4 years old during SF3 and by the time of SF6 she’s teenage. So seems that we’ve advanced 9-10 years. I like it!! Go to 41:22 for that bit.

So, SF6 takes place in 2009 since 3S was in 1999?

EDIT: Based on the Mortal Kombat 1 game coming out with the lore and such; this could be a way for an SF/MK crossover. Vega's psycho power has opened a portal to the Mortal Kombat timeline and is preparing to invade that timeline, etc.

Edited by Jion_Wansu

Tbh will be fine get Haggar as WorldTour NPC (just like Retsu),  who uses Zangief style and have one unique special (metal pipe pls)

I've no problem with them picking Haggar over Zangief in some shitty MvC or crossovers, but if they ever have to guess wich chose for SF pls give me Zangief 100 times out 100

I understand the argument they can coexist in same cast... but reality is i don't buy it, unless we talk a very big (40+) cast at late DLC seasons

Reality is if we get to welcome the next big body pro wrestler after Gief, i would pick  either Alex who's more different from Zangief and much bigger SF name than Haggar, or Hugo who as giant bring an unique archetype that to some extent is in SF since SF2* and in SF6 is still missing atm

SF2 T.Hawk

SF3 Hugo

SF4 Hugo

SFV Abigail

Tbh ingame SF2 T.Hawk was just slighty bigger than Gief, but stats wise was supposed to be way larger back then: 7'7" (230 cm) vs 7’0” (214 cm), 357 lbs (162 kg) vs 254 lbs (115 kg)

Original idea was have him as giant

But reality even in later games, Hawk never had that much size over Gief, to the point stats even changed and Gief is heavier than Hawk: 399 lbs (181 kg)

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

How old is Li-fen in SF6? Taka mentioning that she is wearing high school uniform when the second issue of eclipse of the sun released. She's pretty short for a high schooler.

Nakayama says she is cosplaying as a highschooler and that she isn't on Twitter.

That speaks to her state of mind possibly and wanting to appear older. Children can go through that at around 12-14.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Not of a fan of that guy or the way he talks. His energy doesn't match Street Fighter or complement it.

Where is the SF6 cinematic?

We all know SF is going for a more urban feel this time around so they found the most  overhyped generic modern rapper from the past 2 decades to represent the “street” in Street Fighter.

It’s a good marketing move because everyone knows him and SF. I haven’t liked Lil Wayne since I was in high school but he does match the urban vibe they’re going for in SF6. He doesn’t match SF as a whole but aesthetically he definitely matches SF6.

32 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:
Spoiler

1- Ha! Told you about the knife being Chekhov's Gun!

2- Kalima! ❤️ We'll bring down that vampire!
3- If Kalima's assessment of JP's motivations are true, then what a pitiful villain. All for money? MEANINGLESS!
4- His name is fake! Which means the accent is FAKE! He's just JP! He is an ALPHABET!

5- SHADALOOO!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Wow so much cool stuff

Best stuff

-Ken being the cause of Luke's big scar is cool af

-Kalima figure is turning really interesting story wise, yet i'm more convinced she's unlikely to become a char (even if i would like a full knife user)

-Wonder if "Tournament Ken" with the sleeveless hood jacket is going to be his third costume

-JP using other names like Jean Philippe... wich is still "J.P." is awesome

-I think Kalima mistook JP motivation because she knows nothing about PP, she seems to legit believe was all about money, but i think lot of the mess Li Fen later speak about it's made to feed JP with PP, then he move to ruin another place

Maybe Kalima calling him a "vampire" to some extent was closer to the truth than she expects lol

-Not sure the fuck is "Sambal" because i don't want believe they just random change the name of Sambo for no apparent reason lol

-Luke's ground grappling suck dicks, 3 months whitebelt would be slapped for not using dem hooks

-Poor guy got nerfed in the comic in terms of brute firepower, stand and bang fist-fight it's like the only scenario where he should have edge over Ken lol

-Interesting the whole Li Fen part

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

that was a good final issue. But the ending seemed a bit rushed?

How did Ken escape, and how did he went back to Metro City?

Interesting that Luke got his eye scar from Ken's punch. His left cheek one seems a mystery though.

Now ppl might believe that a regular Shoryuken CAN make a scar....

@CESTUS III

You nailed on your post regarding Gill and SS! Later I'll address some bits!

Edited by Lord_Vega
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

You don't know Sambal? It's the traditional fighting style of SOUTH WASARAS ISLAND! 🤣

Don't understimate them, after Judo x Ballet (because remember, Judo it too boring) and Kung Fu x Breakdance

Capcom will try throw at me Sambo x Samba

I don't even understand, my soul died already when Capcom replied to my " italian male rep for SF6 pls" with Waifu Agrippa ⚰️

1 hour ago, Lord_Vega said:
  Hide contents

spacer.png

Hide contents

Interesting that Luke got his eye scar from Ken's punch. His left cheek one seems a mystery though.

@CESTUS III

You nailed on your post regarding Gill and SS! Later I'll address some bits!

Spoiler

It's possible that Ken made his escape when being transported back to the states. 

I asked Nakayama about Haggar and he's retired from wrestling post SF3:

https://twitter.com/takaNakayama/status/1661952421353107456

(huh, none of the Twitter links I post seem to be working these days

Also Cody is still the Mayor of Metro City:

https://twitter.com/Shockdingo/status/1661948818093486082

Edited by ShockDingo
3 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Also Cody is still the Mayor of Metro City:

https://twitter.com/Shockdingo/status/1661948818093486082

I hope this means he comes back.

I will miss Haggar, but I would never want him to take the place of Zangief in a main SF game. If they could reinvent him as something that is truly unique then perhaps he could rejoin SF's roster. Til then bring back our man Cody!

I'm also not sure what's going on, none of my twitter embeds have been working these last few days here also. I just screencap now.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

It's possible that Ken made his escape when being transported back to the states. 

For anyone wondering about what happens to Ken after the comic. 

Spoiler

I posted this earlier in the thread. By the time SF6 happens Ken’s name is already cleared of suspicion which means he was found not guilty of being a terrorist.

He doesn’t escape but is instead let go. You can even hear Luke stating in the story trailer that Masters was set up. Chun Li says it too in her win quote against him.  People know he was set up.

The damage is already done and his reputation is tarnished since his misjudgments brought that upon himself. He more than likely can’t go back to being Vice chairman of his company or really anything related to that. He says his life can never be the same after the Nayshall incident so he does his thing with construction.

In SF6 he’s not escaping from the authorities or on the run, what you see is Ken’s life now for the time being. He’s more than likely living in Metro City because that’s where his company’s main headquarters is located (the tall Master’s skyscraper). He probably wants to keep tabs on his company from as close of a distance as possible.

Edited by bakfromon
14 hours ago, Daemos said:

Not of a fan of that guy or the way he talks. His energy doesn't match Street Fighter or complement it.

Here @Daemos The Japanese marketing for SF6 seems more of your taste. It features the classic SF2 AM Japanese climax theme. It features an actual athlete. It’s goofy as hell like SF usually is. 
Do you think that this energy matches and compliments what SF is going for?

Edited by bakfromon
8 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

1- Interesting that Luke got his eye scar from Ken's punch. His left cheek one seems a mystery though.

2- Now ppl might believe that a regular Shoryuken CAN make a scar....

@CESTUS III

3- You nailed on your post regarding Gill and SS! Later I'll address some bits!

1- The left cheek one is here

Spoiler

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/comics/assets/images/story4_en/33.jpg

2- Bare knuckle strikes can easily cause cuts in real life, imagine in an anime world of essentially superhuman martial artists... what's bit strange is the shape of Luke scar, but tbh Ken skills justify him having such sharp punch

Shoryuken in particular iirc was said to give the fist steel-like hardness, no doubt it can scar people 😄

3- Cool, looking forward to read your stuff 👍

Edited by CESTUS III

Lol tbh both feel cringe af to me, with jap one having at least bit of old school capcom/japanese games vibes, but that's nostalgia working on me

But again did'nt liked much neither, and the obsession to try push marketing elements like the whole urban shoehorned shit or huge focus on  the people -while make sense- stylistically feel weak and moving away from SF core

The price of capcom trying to make SF6 very mainstream and handjob non-SF fans with "this is the cool game of the month!" vibes lol

I liked this though

It truly throw you in SF world, while integrating the created character element in very smooth way... see him interact with SF icons in cool cutscenes is so much more satisfying than just stare at it running around and punching poor quality (models AND chara design) generic NPCs lol

But ultimately who cares about trailers quality, i just hope they help as much as possible to sell SF6 to the highest amount of people, so it can push Capcom to release more SF/DLC contents lol

Get their money capcom

Edited by CESTUS III

Best Dee Jay yet!

edit- I loved me some Ono but these gentlemen are wonderful. You can feel their love for Street Fighter!

This video should remove any doubt that Lily is not Hawk’s daughter or that JP is not the main antagonist of this chapter. 

Bison was also there! I think I caught a sketch used for the SF2 their office! Good sign!

Edited by Daemos
  • Btw vid confirm JP as Boss and even talk about pressure they feel designing new bosses due comparision with the past, ironic how was main debate here in last days lol
  • Easy to see, Deejay nostalgia alt
  • Wall shows Sagat (was already seen, but still interesting) and a kinda chibi Bison, plus some names i'm not sure were identified/seen
  • Also there's a concept next to Honda (on his left in concept design wall) to the left, is something unseen (seem a male with light color pants and jacket maybe matching) but definitely too blurry to see shit beyond general proportions
  • It's possible see a concept of Ed, but no costume, just the physical model
  • Some new concepts, the awesome Ryu ones i posted and a shitty Ken one that remind bit the training gear concept of SFV but done much worse, hope does'nt pass lmao

Would suck if JP  stood for “Just Playin”  as in

“Just Playin it’s me Bison in another skin suit. Lol yea Shadaloo is no more I turned everything into Amnesia because y’all keep forgetting who I really am. Im an international fundraiser fighter/streamer now and I’m all for producing content! Now who wants to see my cat named Cyble?”

20 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

“Just Playin it’s me Bison in another skin suit. Lol yea Shadaloo is no more I turned everything into Amnesia because y’all keep forgetting who I really am. Im an international fundraiser fighter/streamer now and I’m all for producing content! Now who wants to see my cat named Cyble?”

I can't see Bison setting aside pride to mock himself. JP seems to view Bison with derision.

26 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

It's kind of a bummer that they brought in this new villain, even gave us his name. then before the game is even out they reveal that it's all fake. 

Like the prologue answered a lot of questions but there is so much more unanswered:

1- If Nayshall is just one of a string of countries that JP infiltrates and destabilizes for money, then why are we still there? Why is he still there? Why hasn't he moved on to another country already?

2- Is money an end for JP or is it a means to an end? If the latter, what could he be possibly doing that would require so much money? For whom?

3- Is Terra NP just a shell company, one of many like his name, or is it the central NGO that he uses to do what he does? Is the "Terra" significant at all?

4- The most obvious one is - is JP an alphabet man like G? Or an alphabet like FANG and AKI? FANG also goes by many names, and his short story mentions that he has been making deals with a lot of bad people to resurrect Bison. Is JP one such bad person? Is he even Russian? Did it start out that he is Russian and they changed their minds after (I say this because of the graffiti of his name)

5- So JP plotted to have an exhibition match between Ken and Luke before the tournament to spike prices of crypto or whatever the fuck he is selling/buying. Butwhat is the significance of the tournament that followed? Did it even happen? Are these tournaments money making schemes? Or is there a mystical layer to this?

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I can't see Bison setting aside pride to mock himself. JP seems to view Bison with derision.

As he should. Bison got no drip, went after a karate man for years to body jack him with nothing to show for it, inspired no loyalty in his men expect for the one guy who is dead now, had one of his robots steal his R&D from under his nose and branched off. Produces nothing but Ls.

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

It's kind of a bummer that they brought in this new villain, even gave us his name. then before the game is even out they reveal that it's all fake. 

Tbh i like it, we know he uses ever these two letters for his fake identities, so "JP" is indeed an effective way to call him till we know his full name

3 hours ago, Daemos said:

2- Is money an end for JP or is it a means to an end? If the latter, what could he be possibly doing that would require so much money? For whom?

Maybe i'm reading too much on Kalima's words calling him a "vampire who will suck this country dry", but i think would be cool if she's unintentionally gone closer to the truth than she thinks

Bison wanted to spread negativity to feed is own PP through an exceptional chaos/crisis, as results he ever found a proportional opposition... and lost multiple times in relatively few years

JP words of derision toward Bison don't seem to be about his goal, but about the foolishness of the method "through violence" as something only a "veritable madman" would do

What if JP simply pick, as Li Fen say, on some nations one by one presenting himself as benevolent investor and after a nice period at begin he turn these countries into absolute hellish places where he can feed his PP, then move out changing identity to find a new place to vampirize

His smooth method never caused any organized  ASF/Avengers style opposition (actually one of the "avengers" even thought he would be good business partner), because outside nations where he's operating (with local people like Kalima realizing too late what he is) basically he was invisible as villain till the day genius IQ hacker Li Fen started to dig on him looking for something

Money in this scenario allow him to keep doing this ever in more advanced ways and larger scale, plus money laundering would also allow him to move his wealth to the next identity

Would be cool and fit story we seen so far

Edited by CESTUS III

That's probably what JP is doing @CESTUS IIIbut to what end is important?

Bison was a fighter at his core and just like Akuma or Ryu wanted to be the strongest. His method of forcing the world into fighting was a means to get the best fighters to come at him (which he succeeded in doing) so he can fight.

JP isn't as interesting in being a fighter it seems, and the accumulation of money on its own is rather poor ironically as a motivation. We'll see what he's really after if anything at all.

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

That's probably what JP is doing @CESTUS IIIbut to what end is important?

Bison was a fighter at his core and just like Akuma or Ryu wanted to be the strongest. His method of forcing the world into fighting was a means to get the best fighters to come at him (which he succeeded in doing) so he can fight.

JP isn't as interesting in being a fighter it seems, and the accumulation of money on its own is rather poor ironically as a motivation. We'll see what he's really after if anything at all.

Psycho Power is fueled chaos and strife. JP causes the very thing that fuels Psycho Power from the shadows while portraying a false façade of benevolence. It's hard to taste defeat when people don't even know you're the enemy. Moreover his method has people welcoming him with open arms to allow him to continue his subterfuge to great affect. As @CESTUS IIIbrought up, if not for Li-Fen his modus operandi would be unknown and he could continue to move about the world unabated. Without Li-Fen helping Chun Li, Ken would have been the fall guy for JP's activities in Nayshall. While Ken would have been incarcerated, JP would have moved on to a new NGO and new country.