Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

The original outfits look great. The SF6 designs for veterans and newcomers have grown on me with how well executed they are with the character personalities and all, but I still think the originals are much better for the most part.

Btw, speaking of fixing outfits, I'm bothered that they haven't fixed Chun Li's SF6 outfit in all these months: the transition from the upper part of her dress to the real-time-physics skirt is super clumsy.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

1- Who is deleting all the Shadaloo remnant info and also info on JP on the internet (seen in comics and mentioned in Cammy story)? It's not JP, he works alone. My guess is that it either is Neo-Shadaloo or Shadaloo itself doing this.

2- Another thing is that Cammy, possibly because of her nature, can sense PP as we saw. I think the feelings that Cammy can't escape could be her "sensing" Bison in the void - they are biologically linked, why not spiritually? A little bit of copium here but it is possible.

3- What is Dhalsim talking about in his story? Who is Lily's spirit that made him think it was the SNH? Is it the red power (Necalli) ? Why does Lily refer to the spirit like this other person that needs to grow stronger before it can fight? Lily going to turn into Evil Lily? Capcom wouldn't throw the SNH reference there for no reason.

4- What was Juri's warning about? Where did she get her information? And what is it?

5- Some characters are wearing outfits that were not just released in the trailer. Are they in the game or will they be released at a future time?

6- This one has been covered by Cest and me but it seems JP never had an appetite for fighting until SF6. So I hope what is teased in his story actually becomes a thing in an expansion like Aftermath.

Hide contents

1- Not sure this reply to the question, but JP in the comics does'nt work alone, there was the bird mask thing

2- I think ASF and Ed/Falke story showed that all people touched by PP somehow resonate with it to some extent

3- This is interesting, i seen nothing of that, have you pic/link?

4- Cool thing about Juri is that her being more than willing to do things heroes would not allow her to be a step ahead lol, curious to see how things evolve, but i think we will keep see her with that ASF style allignment

5- WHERE? Show Cestus stuff

6- Yeah, if they follow up correctly i think we will see JP retry the Nayshall tournament thing, but for his own pleasure rather than with a profit meaning

7 hours ago, bakfromon said:

All this talk about crotch line in pants makes it sound like you just want to see a virtual 🍆 print.

Line is line of the char as a whole not the crotch lol

Btw if alt was done well you will not see it because upper gi lower part will cover it like in SF4/SFV lol

4 hours ago, bakfromon said:

About Zangiefs arcade mode story

Reveal hidden contents

Wait til Mika hears about Gief tag teaming around the Colluseo with Marisa. I bet he's going to get an ear full of a microphone speech a chair shot to the head by Nadeshiko and a spinning DDT. No Flying Peach tho🤣

Lol i love the whole Gief-Marisa thing, called it first day i seen her 😄

Curious to see the reaction of Mika (can be good excuse to get her in), even if Gief-Mika never had any romanticim to me, feel Capcom never pushed on it like they did with Sakura for Ryu

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Luke is nice and all but nobody will, can, or should replace our man Ryu.

Anyway, the character usage data is what is the most telling.

Yeah, Ryu is an icon but what i am saying is compare to other SF protagonist like Rashid.

Luke would became appealing to this gaming generation and how his role would interact to the players in WTM and his narrative.

Combine with the marketing gimmicks, SFV Luke is kinda fail but they had a second chance in SF6 and SFV kinda made them learn from their mistake. SF6 which seems a bit different interpretation of Luke, he seems humbled.

The passing of torch happening. Ryu remains iconic and pop cultural but Luke is successful than the other previous attempts that became the centerfold but latter push back.

Edited by Shakunetsu

Alex's game flopped.

Abel's game was the first SF game in nearly a decade. No one cared about the new stuff people wanted the nostalgia.

Rashid's game flopped in it's first year.

Luke is the only protagonist with a good game backing him. It also helps that he has a personality, a rival and isn't a coward who backs down a from a fight. I'm going to play Luke just as Capcom intended: Modern Controls + Wifi. 

Edited by BootyWarrior
3 hours ago, BornWinner said:

It happens in Dhalsim’s arcade.

Hide contents

3gSFvVw.jpg

vpT1g09.jpg
4yokotR.jpg

DntFOe8.jpg

Maybe Lili’s spirit of the wind is more malevolent than we are led to believe? I thought this was one of the more interesting developments in arcade.

thie is pretty interesting 

To some extent we got hint her spirit may be against negative forces, as it warns Lily against JP's Psycho Power

But who knows, in the side story with Oro, Dhalsim himself mentally added Soul Power (wich is azure like Lily's aura there) to the list of ki that can be dangerous, wonder if can be that

Another -warning, crazy theory- is that Gaia/the world is getting human avatars (destined to bring destruction) related to the elements, would be curious to see what G would say about Lily's wind spirit

I would be inclined to exclude Necalli, even if is a shame they wasted hia concept in sfg

Curious to see how things develop

This looks like the new CRI website: https://www.streetfighter.com/6/buckler

Fucking Buckler... IT'S NOT THE SAME!!! 😭

4 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

1- Not sure this reply to the question, but JP in the comics does'nt work alone, there was the bird mask thing

I meant he doesn't seem to be part of an organization atm. The NGO Terra NP is just a front, one of many like his names. Perhaps that bird-like insignia is a clue.

3- This is interesting, i seen nothing of that, have you pic/link?

Dhalsim's arcade mode, but the encounter is repeated in her arcade mode also.

5- WHERE? Show Cestus stuff

Blanka-chan costume for Blanka in WTM and his arcade. JP wearing the Nayshalli traditional outfit in his arcade mode. Blanka's actually rendered, so I am sure it is in the game already and unlockable.

6- Yeah, if they follow up correctly i think we will see JP retry the Nayshall tournament thing, but for his own pleasure rather than with a profit meaning

I think there is a tournament in WTM Haggar Stadium (saw it in one of the youtube reviews), but low level stuff for your Cac. Not sure if JP is behind it and if that's all that he meant.

This looks like the new CRI website: https://www.streetfighter.com/6/buckler

If they replace all Kiki stuff with actual good artworks would be great day, but i find it extremely unlikely

I think there is a tournament in WTM Haggar Stadium (saw it in one of the youtube reviews), but low level stuff for your Cac. Not sure if JP is behind it and if that's all that he meant.

No, for JP i was thinking another Nayshall great tournament in the arena involving main cast and maybe few others, all due him starting to feel PP corruption and trying to justify it behind some rational  profit reason

Would be also great way to get some new "pure fighter" kind of characters for main cast

Btw too bad they put in CC/WT nowhere near same passion of main game, they could do SO MANY quick easy to do mixes for CC enemies yet for the little i seen they seem to usually just slap one style and done

Cameos like Retsu or Carlos seems got bit more care

Curious about the CC tournament, may be chance for some interesting cameos

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, BootyWarrior said:

Abel's game was the first SF game in nearly a decade. No one cared about the new stuff people wanted the nostalgia.

For how was treated as completely irrelevant character, SF4 could have got SF6like kind of success and Abel would still not be recognized, they completely wasted his huge potential

Literally whole Capcom effort at promote him as anything has been 1 -very good- artwork by Senno Aki

Ryu vs Abel by Senno Aki | Jeux, Jeux video

2 minutes ago, Daemos said:

The first full walkthrough is out and it is a whopping 17 hours!

If i think i will have to go through all that shit for every CC i plan to make 🥲 ⚰️

Must say my woman our lives must take different paths, wonder what we will do with new home we just bought

15 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Hate to say it but I don't think this will advance our canon discussion in the slightest. 

That's what I've been saying for the last 2 days. However, there is bound to be something useful in this mode. It is painting the universe we've been discussing in vivid details.

Edit- Like these drinks being sold at shops

AcgT9oS.png

Shadaloo found a new way to rule the world - energy drinks!

Edited by Daemos
Just now, Daemos said:

That's what I've been saying for the last 2 days. However, there is bound to be something useful in this mode. It is painting the universe we've been discussing in vivid details.

I've been saying this for months now since they announced this mode although I've been hopeful. 

Spoiler

I'm hoping there's some sort of secret ending because that was just dismal. Although it's amazing to think that JP managed 5 Nayshall tournaments after his first one

Bosch 💣😵💀

JP

I feel like ASF was way more satisfying as a SF story even with it's flaws it had a sense of conclusions. 

@bakfromon

Spoiler

ASF as a story was pure SF. It was just executed in a very mediocre and rushed way. At the very least it was an canon story about the characters we all love.

WTM is an isolated story about characters that never really existed until now. It's hard to care about anyone when the characters we want are all sidelined and optional. We get a sea of faceless or forgettable jobbers to grind through just to reach a poor climax that was done last game better.

I'll do a more in-depth analysis of WTM in the coming weeks, combing through it for juicy canonical morsels. 

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

The first full walkthrough is out and it is a whopping 17 hours!

Just gave quick look

Andore at 09:06:59 have some Judo like throws (including a special spinning one) and a roll... wonder if Abel have a +1% chance or if is just unused material from early Manon development 🤔

4 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@bakfromon

Reveal hidden contents

ASF as a story was pure SF. It was just executed in a very mediocre and rushed way. At the very least it was an canon story about the characters we all love.

WTM is an isolated story about characters that never really existed until now. It's hard to care about anyone when the characters we want are all sidelined and optional. We get a sea of faceless or forgettable jobbers to grind through just to reach a poor climax that was done last game better.

I'll do a more in-depth analysis of WTM in the coming weeks, combing through it for juicy canonical morsels. 

Judging from the behind the scenes videos, world tour was always kept to focus on the next generation of characters. I don't mind the veterans taking a backseat as the story for most of them is over. Charlie has been avenged. Let him be a family man.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Judging from the behind the scenes videos, world tour was always kept to focus on the next generation of characters. I don't mind the veterans taking a backseat as the story for most of them is over. Charlie has been avenged. Let him be a family man.

You misunderstand - ALL characters take the backseat. This isn't about the new gen, WT's story is an orgy of NPCs with your CAC smack in the middle of it all.

6 minutes ago, BootyWarrior said:

spacer.png

That's 2 official sources where Capcom called Abel a protagonist. C. Viper was never the main protagonist. In the vanilla version of SFIV the first character you see is Abel.

Viper is the character Capcom used to push the plot of SF4. In the aftermath trailer, ties that bind and having a direct tie to Seth. They can say he was a protagonist but he wasn't in practice.

Edited by Hawkingbird

Edit-

Spoiler

What JP says to your Cac at night implies he is a new user of PP unlike Bison. Who taught him? Why? And how the hell does he know Bison?

Total jobber. But I really enjoy his character and the VA is brilliant.

Edited by Daemos
7 minutes ago, Daemos said:
Spoiler

What JP says implies he is a new user of PP unlike Bison. Who taught him? Why? And how the hell does he know Bison?

What do you mean NEW? One who we never encountered before (and we know there are at least other two students of the same master who taught Bison, so...) or one who has learned it in the last 5 years (veeeery doubtful)?

Just now, Miðgarðsorm said:

What do you mean NEW? One who we never encountered before (and we know there are at least other two students of the same master who taught Bison, so...) or one who has learned it in the last 5 years (veeeery doubtful)?

One who learned it recently. Possibly also using body modifications or technology (that cane?) to enhance his connection. He's clearly more advanced compared to all the other characters that were imbued with PP in the last few games and this one.

10 minutes ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Doesn't make much sense, honestly. Unless he IS somehow connected to Neo Shadaloo. Maybe Ed will tell us more, when he comes.

He's a money launderer not a martial artist (the story mentions that he is laundering money for a yet unnamed criminal organization). He says he's still getting a hang on using PP.

This guy is not one of Bison's peers or even students from those old forgotten tales. The answer is more obvious and simple... Some remnant of Shadaloo survived and is working with him discreetly. And I'm not referring to Neo Shadaloo.

Who is he laundering money for? Is he the person FANG made dealings with for money in the short story? Was the gift of PP given in return for the money?

Ed and AKI could shed more light on the situation, but this story is even more basic than previously imagined.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Viper is the character Capcom used to push the plot of SF4. In the aftermath trailer, ties that bind and having a direct tie to Seth. They can say he was a protagonist but he wasn't in practice.

She more like a promotional character than a lead, even the trailer has raise more interest about Abel confrontation with Guile. it was more of a tease

compare to Viper vs Chun and Ryu vs Ken that is completely just a promotional trailer

Edited by Shakunetsu
35 minutes ago, Daemos said:

He's a money launderer not a martial artist (the story mentions that he is laundering money for a yet unnamed criminal organization).

Devs said themselves his style is based on a real martial art (Bartitsu, likely) and even without count PP tricks as old man he can do his cane fighting shit against best martial artists of the world

He's clearly more than a simple financial criminal

1 minute ago, Daemos said:

Okay. He’s still unlikely to be a longtime PP wielder (his own words).

So the idea that he is one of 2 students alongside Bison just got shot to shit by Capcom. 

Hide contents

The guy lost to your Cac ffs. This is Necalli tier jobbing.

About the ending

Spoiler

Even though JP loses he mentions to the player if the win is satisfying to them. He's definitely trying to play mind games in his loss because visually all's you did was beat up an old guy with a cane. It's not a satisfying win at all especially when the fight just before that with Bosch was essentially unwinnable. JP is basically taunting the player saying sure you can beat me but you couldn't even beat your rival to claim 1st place in my tournament and now you never will.

Curious about something.

If your CAC uses the fighting style of a character that uses a weapon, like Lily or JP, is there any customizability for that weapon?  Or do you just use the same ones they do?

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

If they replace all Kiki stuff with actual good artworks would be great day, but i find it extremely unlikely

Kiki's artwork was fine for a character encyclopedia that had to cover, like, 300 characters.

I'm wondering if the real purpose of the CRI was to be a character database for Capcom for making SF6's World Tour...

Edited by DarthEnderX
20 hours ago, Daemos said:
  Hide contents

- What is Dhalsim talking about in his story? Who is Lily's spirit that made him think it was the SNH? Is it the red power (Necalli) ? Why does Lily refer to the spirit like this other person that needs to grow stronger before it can fight? Lily going to turn into Evil Lily? Capcom wouldn't throw the SNH reference there for no reason.

If Lily is Juli[a]'s daughter, she might have some Psycho Power residue in her? Juli[a] underwent genetic enhancements, probably some of it would pass to her offspring through her ovules (although a woman doesn't produce new ovules during her life, unlike men, who keeps sperm cell production from puberty until their death).

Now... if Lily IS Hawk's daughter, I wonder WHEN Juli[a] got pregnant... Lily's age would really clarify that.

-Hawk saved Juli[a] when Shadaloo fell for the first time in 1988;

-There's nothing backing up if she was with the Thunderfoot tribe during SF2;

-We know that she was captured again by Shadaloo/S.I.N. in late 1993/early 1994 when SF4 happened;

-Hawk rescued her (?) when SF4 ended in early 1994;

-In 1995/1996 she was again in Shadaloo for A Shadow Falls.

My bet is that Juli[a] was pregnant between the SFZ3 and SF2 gap. So she might be around 17-19 yo.

MAJOR SPOILER

Spoiler
On 5/24/2023 at 9:02 PM, CESTUS III said:

Dude in chain salmost sure is Bosch, beside stripes i seen a modded version of him and the torso musculature (wich is NOT same as a created char) seems to match

My guess is after losing with Juri he got captured and experimented on with Psycho Power (see the purple on his scars)... maybe Juri is working for JP?

Wonder this will mean if we ever get him as playable he will be a PP user... my first guess was him falling under SnH influence, but seems we may fight him as victim of PP brainwashing

Yep! It IS Bosch and that's EXACTLY what happened. I havent seen the whole world tour, but it seems that a girl that Bosch knows (his sister?) is a dancer on the Nayshall tournament final ceremony, and the champion belt, which was meant to be given by JP to the champion (the young king is nowhere to be seen).... JP hands the task to that same girl after pressing a button which triggers a countdown. Bosch senses it and charges towards the girl, grabbing the blet from her hands and throwing it out the arena... the belt explodes, killing Bosch in the process. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!😪