Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, DarthEnderX said:

So is that supposed to be Juli, or Noembelu?

That's Julia. She has the same skin tone, eye color, and hair color as Julia. Noembelu (Little Eagle) has a darker skin tone and black hair. Plus she has the same bangs in SF6 art and Juli. Juli actually has long hair that is tied up in her doll look, she just has it in a single braid behind her now. 

Julia (Juli)

528249-juli.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Chun-Li to Manon: "You've got incredible potential. Work tirelessly and you'll go far."

Thoughts: I love the mutual respect between the two. I think Chun can sense the similarities of the combination  graceful movement  from her ballet and the power and technique in her judo. Very much like her Kung Fu. 

And even a beautiful woman such as Chun-Li herself can see Manon already has the charisma to be an icon in the fighting and fashion world. Hoping she's one of the characters that makes a big impact on the fanbase to be featured again in future SF games and media.

Chun-Li to E. Honda"A sumo restaurant? You come up with such entertaining endeavors."

Thoughts: Not too surprising. Honda is indeed a man of Sumo and business. I do think the Business side of Honda may be overlooked from his overall character. First a bathhouse in SF5, then a restaurant in WTM in SF6. Say what you want about Honda, but you can't deny the man is an entrepreneur. I do think Chun is impressed with Honda, the man is making it in the world, promoting his sumo, and I bet raking in all that sweet fight money as well.

Def a hint of teasing in this one. Chun does tease that beating him grants her a free trip to his bathhouse. I'm curious if Chun wants to leverage her connection with Honda for a free meal at Honda's restaurant. 

TOE9TRt.png

JP To Chun-Li: "Strength is neither good nor evil. Psycho Power is no different."

Thoughts: Interesting for sure. I do think before JP, the evil side of Psycho power would be M. Bison, and the good side (of a similar power) would be Rose. And we'll soon see where Ed's alignment will be when he appears in SF6.

I wonder if Chun-Li senses the potential threat that JP possesses. If she can sense his psycho power, then that should be more than enough reason to have her on edge (again). Def a more capitalistic version of M. Bison. But potentially equally as dangerous.  

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever

The one time I saw Cammy’s Arcade was with that doofus that skipped through it all, but I think I remember seeing her saying something like “I have something to fight for.” and it shows a picture of Juni. 

They’ll probably never directly confirm it, but I feel they don’t need to. The two have had scenes together in every game since Super SF4.

Edited by BornWinner
1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

TOE9TRt.png

JP To Chun-Li: "Strength is neither good nor evil. Psycho Power is no different."

Thoughts: Interesting for sure. I do think before JP, the evil side of Psycho power would be M. Bison, and the good side (of a similar power) would be Rose. And we'll soon see where Ed's alignment will be when he appears in SF6.

I wonder if Chun-Li senses the potential threat that JP possesses. If she can sense his psycho power, then that should be more than enough reason to have her on edge (again). Def a more capitalistic version of M. Bison. But potentially equally as dangerous.  

Pathetic. Can’t even be honest with himself about what he does and what he is. He’ll make excellent fodder for his appetite.

2 minutes ago, mykka said:

Why did they make Juli look like Noembelu?

only other version you ever saw of Juli was her being brainwashed in Shadaloo uniform (wich of course will wear no more) how we do know that this was'nt her usual attire before be kidnapped? 

Of course to this day STILL believe it's all bullshit and Juli was german to combo with Juni as a duo, while Noembelu was T.Hawk's girl before them realized animate Noembelu too as her own char would have took time/resources... but if we must accept Capcom's lazy ass decision that Juli was from Thunderfoot too, her returning to dress in the style of the tribe make sense

The girl in the concept art looks like the missing girl in Hawk’s SF4 story. 

I don’t think Juli is a native Thunderfoot. The Udon take while not canon, can make sense of the situation (she was the daughter of a German who helped the tribe and was staying with them when kidnapped).

7 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

only other version you ever saw of Juli was her being brainwashed in Shadaloo uniform (wich of course will wear no more) how we do know that this was'nt her usual attire before be kidnapped? 

Of course to this day STILL believe it's all bullshit and Juli was german to combo with Juni as a duo, while Noembelu was T.Hawk's girl before them realized animate Noembelu too as her own char would have took time/resources... but if we must accept Capcom's lazy ass decision that Juli was from Thunderfoot too, her returning to dress in the style of the tribe make sense

I just cant with the inconsistency of her design though. Juli (and Juni) look like different characters from every game they appear on

Street Fighter Alpha 3/Juli - SuperCombo Wiki

Juli combos (Street Fighter 5 story) : r/StreetFighter

Juni - Street Fighters video games - Character profile - Writeups.org

Is Decapre Actually Juni? - Street Fighter V

Edited by mykka
30 minutes ago, mykka said:

Why did they make Juli look like Noembelu?

They didn't Julia has a lighter skin tone, different hair color, and a different hair style.  She's shown with her hair loose in T.Hawk's Prologue and Epilogue.

@mykkaYeah the lack of consistency annoys me. Just like Ken having blue eyes randomly when they are supposed to be brown.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
30 minutes ago, mykka said:

I just cant with the inconsistency of her design though. Juli (and Juni) look like different characters from every game they appear on

Kinda being picky. Many characters look different from each game. It's a different art direction.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130366?lang=en

This is what we last know about her and it retrocons anything that came before it that contradicts it.

So either Juli was kidnapped while in Germany with Juni, or she was kidnapped with Noembelu back at the Thunderfoot Tribe.

Edited by Daemos
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DaemosCapcom just retconned Juli into being a Thunderfoot tribe member all along. Which is par for the course with The Dolls, I mean look at Santamu. She went from being Vietnamese in Alpha 3 to being Ethiopian in SFV.

They also appear to be holding on to some of her German roots. Otherwise why mention her studies in Germany or that her birthplace might be Germany.

I'm thinking right now that she is either 100% or half Thunderfoot that was studying abroad when it happened (we know there is a major Shadaloo facility there). She has no memory of being a Thunderfoot or what came before.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Juni is Cammy’s family. Practically her sister. They are not lesbians. You can be emotionally attached to another without it being sexual. These two went to hell and back and literally have no one else besides the dolls.

Idk man Cammy's new cat charm on her phone looks a bit like they're more than just friends.

spacer.png

"Thinking about you J"

Juni mentioned it's a charm she gives Cammy in the text. 

55 minutes ago, mykka said:

SF protagonist Ryu changed hair color multiple times, same goes for Vega, Zangief, Chun Li  and some others

Ken changed eyes color, Zangief and Rose too

Lucia somehow is younger in SFV than her age in Final Fight 2 debut, many years before in the timeline

SFV Urien is bronze skin/silver hair as normal form since childhood, in SF3 it was just his combat form while pale and blond as normal self

Birdie gone though more shit than a lv99 Pokemon

Characters far more important than Juni and Juli got multiple design changes, is part of SF history

JP Vs E. Honda

IMG_2376.png

“So that was sumo, was it? A delightful bit of entertainment, certainly.”

JP Vs Marisa

IMG_2377.png

“Sustenance and a spectacle, hm? The desires of the masses are unchanging.”

I was able to see JP’s arcade on YouTube.

Spoiler

The setting is Nayshall, a terrible rainstorm over the developing country. JP sits in a throne room, clothed in some ceremonial robes. He states that hosting a tournament was a front for money laundering. But he ends up realizing that by hosting it, he encountered a ton of people because of it. Those that want to be friends, those that try to stop them, and those that are trying to use him.

His final boss is Kimberly who is investigating her uncle’s disappearance. She calls him by his “Johan” alias and tells him that Jackson used to work for him. JP denies so, beating her away and telling her goodbye.

Nayshall looks to be in it’s twilight hours as the tournament concludes. A number of fighters lay unconscious in the fighting area while JP sits on a throne. JP saw how the masses will swarm to an event like this and recalls that Bison liked to use tournaments to further his world domination plans. He finds it illogical. Yet, he finds some enjoyment in it. The final scene of his story has him do an evil laugh as his Psycho crystals fill the room.

Edited by BornWinner
3 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

TOE9TRt.png

This resonate with Oro-Dhalsim dialogue

"Psycho Power, Ki, the power of Yoga, the Satsui no Hado."

And Soul Power too, Dhalsim added silently. Oro closed his eyes and rested his chin on his hand, muttering.

"You know what I think? These powers are all the same, when you follow them to their root."

Interesting part here is i think is while Oro was being honest, JP is a master of lies and bend the narrative to fit his needs as we seen in comics

One of best way of lie is tell the truth

JP as scholar may be aware of Oro's theory either because they interacted at some point, or because he came to same conclusions by himself studying psycho power

I think there he's just bullshitting Cammy after being exposed as PP user, just like he will bullshit Ed or Falke to lure them in

Trick is, the theory itself being possibly true does'nt necessary proof JP is not evil 😄

Ah, the definitely not evil hobby of impale people alive

#notallimpalers

Street Fighter 6: Novo vilão? Jogamos com JP; Confira o gameplay exclusivo  - Combo Infinito

Spoiler

JP thinks he’s not evil. That Bison was illogical or veritably mad. That he has a more firm grip on his reality, yet he follows in his footsteps blindly. Then laughs maniacally like a Saturday morning cartoon villain alone in a dark room full of spikes. Who’s mad? You are JP.

We’re not getting an origin story for him or a conclusion. We’ll be lucky if they even explain how this guy learned PP or whether he even knew Bison personally or was just a fan.

Edited by Daemos
26 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:
  Hide contents

Boy Luke (and a late 90's early 2k PC)

Seems bit similar haircut to what Luke sport in SFV lol

spacer.pngStreet Fighter V/Luke - SuperCombo Wiki

Who's that guy, maybe some big brother/cool uncle that raised him after father's death?

May have been some kind of role model for Luke growing up, may explain him being cocky/showboating/smiling while his father felt all the opposite in the few parts we seen of him... humble, silent and serious

40 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Excuse you. He is defending himself against the terrorist known as Ken Masters in that image. You have to do what you can to protect yourself from that mad man.

Veritable madman indeed

Edited by CESTUS III

nw3Q91t.png

Chun-Li to JP"Psycho Power is abohorent. You cannot be allowed to use it for your own ends!"

Thoughts: Makes sense, Chun-Li has always been wary of people with Psycho Power. Obviously her history with her and M. Bison. But even for the Neo-Shadaloo characters, Chun-Li has never trusted them because of their psycho power aura.

I think what interests me the most is if Chun-Li and JP ever met post-comics and into SF6. I'd be very interested to see what would happen when Chun-li discovers for the first time JP using psycho power and his genius behind all the stuff at Nayshall. I'm also curious if JP would be all the reason Chun-Li would need to jump back into Interpol business again.

HEqHMXd.png

Chun-Li to Dhalsim: "Facing you is less like training, and more like meditation."    

Thoughts: First, from a online standpoint, I wish I had this kind of mentality whenever I play against Dhalsims online. It's been Chun's worst MU, and always makes me want to chew my nails off.

Second, def can sense the friendly respect between the two, even when fighting against each other, in friendly or a little more serious combat. It does sound a little funny in retrospect when Dhalsim lands a Super Art on Chun-Li, either burning her alive or headbutting into her midsection, or vice versa with Chun-Li kicking him in the face, that they can call all of that "meditation". 

I can see Chun-Li having meditation sessions with Dhalsim, and using his meditative training into her own Kung Fu and her own teachings as well.

(Not sure if I've done this one)

0RTtuTO.png

Blanka to Chun-Li: I'm always on my guard. Play around in the jungle, and you'll get eaten alive.

Thoughts: I'm guessing Blanka has seen some wildass shit as a Jungle protector and tour guide. Def don't see Chun-Li having the jungle instincts that Blanka has, probably wouldn't last a few days on the TV show Survivor.  Probably would get in trouble with an anaconda, or have a monkey steal her hear ribbon for her oxhorn. Or fall in the river and get attacked by piranhas. 

Decent quote, good advice to Chunners. 

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever
5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Or she is German, and she dresses like that because she's T. Hawk's wife, and she lives with his tribe.

4 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Or she is German, and she dresses like that because she's T. Hawk's wife, and she lives with his tribe.

She definitely has Thunderfoot genes in her blood according to Capcom. I think what's vague is when and where did she meet Hawk. If she was in Mexico, what was she doing there? And if she was in Germany when then did she meet Hawk?

57 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I'm also curious if JP would be all the reason Chun-Li would need to jump back into Interpol business again.

Spoiler

At the moment it is it seems.

Possible spoilers ahead-

I've done a terrible thing which is consume as many reviews on WTM and as much leaked content as I can get my hands on. I just couldn't wait, and boy am I disappointed with the canon content so far. Like I suspected, the comic could not be sustained in game. Maybe they had difficulty including more characters in the narrative, or maybe they just didn't care as much.

SF6 at this time does not address loose ends from SF3 and SF5 at all, certainly not satisfyingly. In terms of how much actual progress is made for the returning characters, it's less than SF4 and SF5.

Given Capcom's history of handling SF's story, I hope there is an expansion to each individual character's story somehow because WTM is just not it, and this can't be what will carry us into SF7. Like it can't omg.

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

It's Carol from Captain Commando! Another cameo of an enemy from the past. 

Oh snap, one of the Basia sisters?! Hah, aw man. I've had complicated feelings on if I'd want Captain Commando to truly be connected to SF, parallel universe, or a fictional property in SF. Looks like they're getting something going though.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

In terms of how much actual progress is made for the returning characters, it's less than SF4 and SF5.

Ya know, I started thinking about the story structure for SF6.  It's as if it's more of a celebration/festival for SF than anything extensive. Reminds me of KOF's dream matches. It was just stills and congrats. Now that my expectations are tempered, I won't trip too hard over the lack of content.

Just now, ToreyBeans said:

Ya know, I started thinking about the story structure for SF6.  It's as if it's more of a celebration/festival for SF than anything extensive. Reminds me of KOF's dream matches. It was just stills and congrats. Now that my expectations are tempered, I won't trip too hard over the lack of content.

There's a great deal of world building being made. Like you get to know more of the characters, their personalities, likes/dislikes outside of fighting. I think they will keep doing this throughout the seasons where each new characters get their area and their laundry list of "tasks" for you.

But WTM is not really about them. 

The character prologues in arcade are basically the recap of their story (which we all know by heart). Previously I said that the arcade stories felt like they were meant to lead into something bigger like WTM, and that's not really the case anymore. I think the arcade endings are the endings. Unless they add an extension or the character appears in someone else's arcade story, that's all we're getting in terms of raw/live canon.

4 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I think the arcade endings are the endings.

Yeah I think you're definitely right. I read tons of reviews and the endings are pretty much it for any sense of "closure". I don't think SF6 has to be completely amazing on terms of story (of course at this point it and we have no choice). But I imagine like you that we'll eventually have some sort of story campaign mode in later seasons. My other request is remixed classic tunes for the returning characters. I'd like to hear what a revamped Ryu theme would sound like from Terayama-san and company. Not that I dislike the new stuff; I'm just greedy for more!!