Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

13 hours ago, Daemos said:

Well she is staying true to her Roman/Greek heritage who had more relaxed views on bisexuality than the Judeo-Christians that came after.

We truly are in the Capgod era again. 

I have to apologize to Capcom. I thought they were going to beat around the bush when it came to this aspect of her character but ain't it. They are going all in. They need to do this more often

52 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Fx2vEWXXsAAbho_?format=jpg&name=large

@ShockDingo Never give up!

I'm still waiting to add the shit i did during the demo days, so far i'm just WTM mid run trying to collect as many clothes/moves as possible

Then i will pass a day importing all characters in a single save data session lol

This will be my Q

https://i.ibb.co/0VvxhF1/Q.gif

Moveset will probably go like

Basic Moveset: Marisa (waiting G)

Moveset will probably be a mix of Marisa, Luke and Blanka (wild hunt), will have to find a way get moves without overlap commands

Super Arts:

Lv1 Marisa

Lv2 Luke

Lv3 Marisa

54 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's funny because he hit the softest ground ball he could then stretced to reach first base but even so he's going easy on the other team. I think it would have been way easier for Sin to just teleport around all the bases to get a homerun of course you couldn't show that in one frame of artwork easily

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DaemosI didn't think of the prototype ED angle. Good catch man. They do seem like they could fit him. I know there are like a half dozen or so specials that aren't from the current cast out side of character I mentioned in the spoilers. Off the top of my head it's these moves

Knife Toss

Air Knife Toss

Molotov Cocktail Toss

Airplane Spin Body Slam 

Shoulder Charge

Missile Dropkick 

Aerial Leg Drop

Rising Flying Kick

"Cross Counter" Uppercut

Counter Front Kick (Animation is different than Marisa's Qadriga)

Edit: More than half dozen, looks to be about 10. Did I miss any....besides the moves for the character I won't mention for spoiler reasons.

Carlos' sword slash is sick as hell.  Also annoying as hell to fight against.

6 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Carlos' sword slash is sick as hell.  Also annoying as hell to fight against.

How the hell did I forget that one, especially with me dropping a few rounds to him purely because of it. Okay that makes 11 moves now. Anymore left to make a dozen?

Edit: Side note Rant, the good and the bad of the custom character situation. The custom move sets are large but more restrictive than I thought. I thought the limit would be identical inputs but it's identical motions. So a QCF+P move locks you out off adding a QCF+K move. The way it allows you save different looks means that you only need to grind World Tour once. You can buy all the all costumes pieces unlock all them and save the character lock you want. It even lets you name the file. The Rogue I created in the demo transferred over and I save it before creating Gouka. Also I don't like the costume piece color system. You can just select color. You dyes and unless I missed something there are only four color options. I wanted to make Gouka where brown but I ended give her a red gi top and blue gi bottom. I would have went all blue but the bluish top is a different shade and the fact that it didn't match was driving me bunkers.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Cody being the mayor it makes sense why he isn't easily accessible. Lucia is a beat cop. I figure she would be at one of the police check points

Maybe she's in his personal guard, yeah it's reach but I'm trying to help them out here.

Edit: I need to start working on my Dhalsim mastery so I can get Gouka an air fireball.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Still playing through World Tour Mode and avoiding spoilers so I haven't been in the thread much over the flurry of activity but I just gotta say that Capcom has absolutely knocked it out of the park with this game. The amount of character and personality in the SF-world cast is absolutely amazing. Game even had me cracking up a lot with the text messages (Ryu in particular is hilarious)

Sincerely,

Ryu

5 hours ago, The Slick Tony said:

Tweets aren't embedding properly for some reason 😅. But, anyway, Gief pulling a submarine makes Street Fighter vs Marvel Superheroes make a lot more sense now.

https://twitter.com/TheSlickTony/status/1665905666194587648?t=TGdSPcWlT6pBF8JCZ1mF3w&s=19

That's very cool

I know he had tons of great feats in SFV but these imho pale in comparision of Birdie throwing a fucking train out of rails back in Alpha days

Well Gief had a the cossack dance train pulling

but still not the same

But now, pulling a gigantic submarine, and more than that, pulling a gigantic submarine THROUGH SOLID ICE BREAKING WHOLE AREA?

I'm satisfied 😆

Regarding Bosch and his secret backers/People who may have hired Juri

Spoiler

IvSw7pv.png

wRST10A.png

"It" being Shadaloo

Curious to see what exactly is there motivation. Going after JP may be interpreted as them being anti-heroes. I'm glad Capcom haven't completely forgotten about SF5's plot setups at least.

We'll find out soon enough.

Edit-

Also both Retsu and who could be interpreted as Geki 2 can be seen standing side by side as finalists in the 5th Suval'hal Tournament.

QIZtzVZ.png

Edited by Daemos
20 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DaemosI didn't think of the prototype ED angle. Good catch man. They do seem like they could fit him. I know there are like a half dozen or so specials that aren't from the current cast out side of character I mentioned in the spoilers. Off the top of my head it's these moves

Knife Toss

Air Knife Toss

Molotov Cocktail Toss

Airplane Spin Body Slam 

Shoulder Charge

Missile Dropkick 

Aerial Leg Drop

Rising Flying Kick

"Cross Counter" Uppercut

Counter Front Kick (Animation is different than Marisa's Qadriga)

Edit: More than half dozen, looks to be about 10. Did I miss any....besides the moves for the character I won't mention for spoiler reasons.

There's this super late game guy.

10 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There's this super late game guy.

Yeah I know, I didn't want to mention him for potential spoiler reasons.

Spoiler

He has Bosch's move set. IMO he's the hardest of the unique fighters. Sorry Sheng Long. Also, one of the characters that uses Lily's move set may be the personification of her wind spirit. I can't remember her name but she wasn't human by the dialog you have with her and she had wings IIRC.

Also, I noticed two other moves I forget when playing yesterday. 

Jumping Front Kick

Charging Jump Double Axe Handle Blow

You can craft a couple of unique characters with these moves.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He has Bosch's move set. IMO he's the hardest of the unique fighters.

Spoiler

Interestingly, he says that if we meet again he will reveal his final form. So maybe there's more to him in later seasons.

I haven't seen the Lily Wind Angel. Where is she?

What do you guys think the two new stages are gonna be?

My guesses are they will give Rashid a new stage for WTM (for Middle Eastern representation), and the other stage will be either be Neo-Shadaloo (Germany) or Akuma.

Alternatively, they could give Akuma a dark and stormy version of Ryu's stage or some cave in Nayshall. Maybe during the day he is a street vendor there but at night you can find him in a cave for training.

6 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Just fought Max and Somsak, both movesets were incredible but at least got some personal moves

Street Fighter: Other Characters / Characters - TV Tropes

Street Fighter Character Reference | Street fighter characters, Street  fighter, Fighter

It annoys me that doing their quests doesn't unlock their special moves.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

Rashid is the obvious one.

For AKI, we already have Chinatown.  For Akuma we already have Japan.

That leaves Ed with either Germany, or a Neo Shadaloo base.

Edited by DarthEnderX

For the hypothetical Neo-Shadaloo base stage, I hope the rest of Ed's side show freaks are relegated to NPCs on the stage that you can get to know.

Don't need them to take up space on the character select screen for at least the next 4 seasons.

@ShakunetsuNo I think SiRN are their own thing. But have developed robot fighters that we see towards the end of their chapter. They look like monitor cyborgs so they could be related to Seth. Needs more investigation.

Edited by Daemos

Another aspect of JP’s character that I like. 

IMG_3194.gif

This is his animation when he loses to timeout. After expressing some shock, he claps for the opponent. I would think this is sarcastic or he’s trying to save face, but this is his low health round win.

IMG_3196.gif

“Very good. Very good indeed.”

He compliments his enemy. In fact, it’s the only time he isn’t dismissive when he wins a round. This combined with his timeout animation tells me that JP likes to be challenged, showing more interest in a person the closer he is brought to the brink. It’s probably why he shows interest in the CAC. Because they defeated him cleanly, JP finds them interesting enough to teach them.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:01 AM, DarthEnderX said:

Like, Sodom's truck is a shop in this game.  Why would you have that in the game, and not have Sodom himself AT the shop, unless you were planning something for him later.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sodom was planned for a later season, and then his master area is just the lot behind his truck.

Someone at the SF subreddit pointed out that the guy who is at Sodom’s truck could be Sodom. This is what you get when you speak to a NPC close to it.

Spoiler

SPOILER_IMG_3217.webp

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

My guesses are they will give Rashid a new stage for WTM (for Middle Eastern representation), and the other stage will be either be Neo-Shadaloo (Germany) or Akuma.

Alternatively, they could give Akuma a dark and stormy version of Ryu's stage or some cave in Nayshall. Maybe during the day he is a street vendor there but at night you can find him in a cave for training.

As I think I remember the devs saying that national variety is quite an important point for the game, I’d predict the following: 

Rashid - Saudi Arabia. His desert palace (maybe a beautifully tiled inner courtyard with palms and fountains with Azam watching) Either that, or something super hi tech, like the top of a skyscraper or a super-yacht. They may even place him somewhere like Monaco, alternatively. 

AKI - China. Pretty sure she’ll be on the existing China stage, though maybe it’ll be deserted or in a different lighting / colouring.

Ed - Germany. A castle that acts as NeoShadaloo’s HQ. Or a German Bierkeller (remember they’re leaning further into national stereotypes than ever!) 

Akuma - Japan. Pretty sure he’ll have Genbu, but reskinned for nighttime. 

On 6/3/2023 at 8:02 AM, Shakunetsu said:

lol Chunli doing shopping for Ryu, they are now starting building connection.

However Sakura is established one.

Dark Sakura is making her debut in SF6...

On 6/4/2023 at 4:09 PM, CESTUS III said:

Sagat/Adon - Muay thai moveset and gears

Dudley/Balrog - Boxing moveset

I would be more than fine with Adon and Dudley replacing Sagat and Balrog in this game

On 6/4/2023 at 5:05 PM, Daemos said:

- Ninja village with Ibuki with a cameo by Geki or Geki 2 would be great.

Rose + Tarot card minigame in her Italian abode. We can see cameos by Menat/Maggio etc.

- If Capcom can pull off a tasteful Kenyan locale for Elena, I'd also be down for that. It'd be like learning stuff from a different culture and we get meet some of her tribesmen.

Yes to all of these, please

On 6/4/2023 at 8:44 PM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

A Bond with Chun-Li: 4

jb66thsg804b1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=3eb7378b38109864417c064856e070898c5f322d

I totally agree, she is totally rocking that casual outfit and I'd love to see it as a DLC costume for her

On 6/5/2023 at 10:16 AM, Counterstrike said:

Cody,Guy,Maki and Lucia have all been given the SF treatment so that leaves out Haggar,Dean and Carlos. Anyone of these characters would be a welcome addition to the cast ,each boasting modified designs and  movelists.  Win win in my book!!

I dont think Maki really counts. She was basically copy/pasted from CvS2 onto a port of A3 that barely anyone had access to...

I still want her to make an appearance in an official mainstream SF title, and there is demand for it too

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Someone at the SF subreddit pointed out that the guy who is at Sodom’s truck could be Sodom. This is what you get when you speak to a NPC close to it.

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_IMG_3217.webp

But them confirming Sodom is the owner of... Sodom's truck/business, is not surpring tbh

Gomorrah could be simply his #2 and most loyal employee, keeping business going on while Sodom is away

We have similar case for Abigail's workshop, some minion clearly say Abigail is the owner but that at the moment is not there

Another point for believe they're likely two different people is a possible little wink at SF2V anime, where there was two villains called... Sodom & Gomorrah 😄

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/Sodom_%26_Gomorrah

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

These are indeed the most logical options

Rashid alone will bring whole middle east representation in SF6

Ed definitely deserve a NeoShadaloo stage, plus Germany would be unique in current options

A bit a deviation, but i find kinda sad some chars did'nt got the stage where they could have got a strong theme... talking just to parts i reached in WT

Ken -> could have got the worksitem kinda like this

http://iplaywinner.com/picture/super-sf4-newstages-42.jpg?pictureId=3992173&asGalleryImage=true

Honda -> the sumo restaurant is perfect they would need to polish it a bit but would be great theme for him

Luke-> i consider MMA  cage his stage, butthe Buckler gym would be even more loyal to his concept