Stage Select

The Sonic Thread: The Year of Shadow. It all starts with this.... Sonic X Shadow Generations 10/25/2024 followed by child murder in Sonic 3 movie on 12/20/2024!

On 4/15/2024 at 4:45 PM, DangerousJ said:

Ok it is confirmed.

When I heard about this, I thought it might have been a late April Fool's joke. But, nope, this is legit. I'm about it. He I want him to say "Whoa" at least once.

I binged Knuckles a few moments ago aaaaaand I gotta say that I don't feel strongly about the series one way or the other and that's probably the biggest sin it has.  The show gave me a few chuckles especially out of the first 2 eps and then....there's a sharp down turn that the show has a hard time recovering from.  There are some interesting things here and there lore wise for this universe pertaining to G.U.N., Eggman, and a potential set up for Iblis that frankly came out of no where.  But the show is pretty much Wade's quest to be a warrior with misadentures and shenangans feat Knuckles.  Saying he's barely in it is going a bit far but....He's definitely not the focus and he's more of a side character.  Knuckles does get some growth but it's a backseat to the absolute ridiculous shit surrounding Wade and his family issues.  If you go into this expecting a show with the normal family friendly schlock with Knuckles just along for the ride you can get some entertainment out of it but don't expect this to really move anything forward or any hints about any set up for Sonic 3.  To be honest it's really kind of hard for me to even recommend this for a once watch....I'll probably never feel a want to watch this series again.

Knuckles is really the best thing about this and his interactions with the characters and it sucks that he isn't really the focus because when he isn't there...it really suffers.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

@Sonichuman can you confirm?

Ep 4 was bizarre and quite almost literally a fever dream.  I was probably more focused on the random Iblis lore and this completely went over my head.  I'd have to rewatch it cause nothing about it being a Penders reference jumped out at me at first.

So...looks like Sonic 3's competition is Mufasa (on the exact same day) and Kraven the Hunter.  It'd be pretty aweome of Sonic 3 manages to go for the 3peat.

Also there's rumors starting to come up that the trailer is going to show up within the next 2 weeks potentially.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2024 at 4:50 PM, Sonichuman said:

This maybe, maybe be the one 3D Sonic I might like.
Most 3D Sonic games fail to give to you that feeling of actually going fast,
I don't know about the Parkour thing, but if the player can do moves that you saw in the Animation opening of Sonic CD, and make it fun, it could be for me Sega might of finally got 3D Sonic right.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/shadow-doesnt-need-a-gun-he-is-a-weapon-sonic-team-talks-shadow-generations/

I can't tell if some people are legit mad about this or not...but Shadow carrying a weapon has always been silly and has never not been silly purely because of what he is and what he's capable of.  If they ever were to go back and completely remake Shadow the Hedgehog then I can't imagine them keeping the guns in.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Here's another video that deep dives into Archie Sonic and Ken Penders saga. This one goes into Penders rivalry with Karl Bollers, issues with his editor and how Ian Flynn replaced him. I had no idea Ian wrote 30 issues of a fan comic before writing the real deal

....I did not know that Ian Flynn did Other M that is crazy to me.  That was definitely one of the better fan comics back in the day when I was trying to just find something to read and satisfy my fandom back in the day.   Kinda interesting that both lead writers (This includes Evan Stanley.  The comic she's known for is Ghosts of the Future before she got hired.  I haven't fully read all of it but you can easily look it up and it's pretty interesting seeing where she started drawing wise versus where she is now and how much in line with the current comic's art style it is) started on fan comics that made waves in the community before getting hired for the actual official comics. 

Didn't know the stuff involving Karl Bollers either.  What a fucking plot twist in him defending Ken in the trial.

23 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I am SUPER JEALOUS.  Everytime they've come near where I live so far its been the exact same time frame as Magfest.  By all means please let me know your thoughts.

I just hope Johnny and Jun show up. Supposedly they pop up for some events and since Minneapolis is a big showbiz city I’m hoping they pop by. I think I’ll cry if I sing Endless Possibility with Johnny. I don’t even care about celebrities and this is my first concert, but I’m hyped. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

I just hope Johnny and Jun show up. Supposedly they pop up for some events and since Minneapolis is a big showbiz city I’m hoping they pop by. I think I’ll cry if I sing Endless Possibility with Johnny. I don’t even care about celebrities and this is my first concert, but I’m hyped. 

Johnny hasn't gone to any of the concerts in awhile from what I've seen in my feed.  Ohtani and Jun still go occasionally, think Ohtani went to the one a few weeks ago.  Jun I haven't seen go in roughly a month.  If I see a post about any of them going to Minneapolis I'll let you know.

Edit:  Come to think of it...probably the reason I haven't seen Jun announce going is because he's doing music for SxS Generations.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Johnny hasn't gone to any of the concerts in awhile from what I've seen in my feed.  Ohtani and Jun still go occasionally, think Ohtani went to the one a few weeks ago.  Jun I haven't seen go in roughly a month.  If I see a post about any of them going to Minneapolis I'll let you know.

Edit:  Come to think of it...probably the reason I haven't seen Jun announce going is because he's doing music for SxS Generations.

I’d be crazy hyped, but I’m going to enjoy it anyway. 

1 minute ago, Dayaan said:

Agreed, but… what if? 👀

I'm not gonna stop you from holding up that candle for him but I'm just making sure you know you'll be holding it for a loooooooong time.  Ian has a hard enough time trying to convince Sega that the freedom fighters can come back and Sega OWNS those characters.