Stage Select

Transformers Thread

As per usual, Hasbro releases their Transformers months ahead of the original release date. So My War for Cybertron Studio Series Gamer Edition Megatron arrived on Sunday. He looks so dang good. Might be one of my favorite tank Megs alt mode but I LOVE his bot mode. Thinking of getting one for my nephew for Christmas.

Also, Armada Starscream was on sale for $21 on Amazon. YOINK! He'll be at my doorstep on Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Much as I love the more high end figures from the Studio Series and Legacy lines, I really like the gimmicky, more child friendly Transformers. I found some one step EarthSpark figures, Bumblebee and Soundwave and it is just endlessly enjoyable to just transform them back and forth. They remind of Transformers you would find in Happy Meals back in the day. I guess it's the kid in me.

The Rise of the Beasts Beast Alliance Battle Changer Optimus Prime is so freaking fun to transform back to truck and bot mode. He's also pretty detailed for a smaller figure. Yeah, he isn't much for articulation, but he's got the freaking sword attached to his hand and he has a simple, fun transformation. And I dig his armored truck design. Much as I love the trailerless Prime truck we usually get, I love it when Hasbro changes up the design.

Edited by RegH81

Thar Studio Series Ultra Magnus looks GODLIKE. Had my eye on him ever since he showed up for Pre-order on Amazon. Maybe I'll treat myself to him for Christmas.

Hasbro is effin' up! My Target and Walmart never have the Buzzworthy Bumblebee Rise of the Beasts Optimus Prime or the Rise of the Beasts Voyager Class Prime. Both those figures look sick AF and it pains me that he is never in stock. Same deal on Amazon and other online retailers I shop at. 

Me and pre-orders on the Transformers front have been terrible. Via Amazon, I  missed out on the Gamer Edition Prime (BKA Optimus Prime from the War for Cybertron game)  and now the Animated Legacy one. Animated Prime is still available at most other retailers, yet they charge shipping. Gamer Edition Prime is going to be a re-pack with the upcoming wave. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
  • 2 weeks later...

Target canceled their pre-orders for Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee Rise of the Beasts Voyager Class Optimus Prime. The figure being a Target Exclusive wouldn't have been bad if there was enough supply to meet the overwhelming demand. I don't think I'll ever own an legit version of this Prime without paying 70$ or over 100$ and I ain't tryna eff with that. Soooo, I looked into KO versions and ordered this guy. Comparisons between the KO and official version are pretty interesting.

23 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Target canceled their pre-orders for Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee Rise of the Beasts Voyager Class Optimus Prime. The figure being a Target Exclusive wouldn't have been bad if there was enough supply to meet the overwhelming demand. I don't think I'll ever own an legit version of this Prime without paying 70$ or over 100$ and I ain't tryna eff with that. Soooo, I looked into KO versions and ordered this guy. Comparisons between the KO and official version are pretty interesting.

You looking for one? Let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you with ROSS stores nearby, there may be  copies of the Kingdom ARK toy selling for $60 . The MSRP was $170 back in 2021.

This is on a store by store basis so you'll have to explore if you're feeling up to it.

Other figures sighted:

Velocitron RID 2001 Scourge (MSRP - $55. Now-$17) I have seen this at 2 stores in the last 2 weeks here in Tampa, FL.

Retro Titans Return figures - Hardhead, Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, and Highbrow MSRP - $20 .Now -$10

Reissue Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron MSRP - $30?   Now - $13    I have seen Primal once.

Target has a 25 % off toys coupon on their app. Valid until Nov. 18.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

TF Animated has had its first episode uploaded to the TF Official youtube channnel.

(it is on Tubi, but this one seems like 15% petter visually. It's is marked as 1080p on youtube.)

I still need to finish this show. I wasn't a fan when it first came out, but it grew on me. Just never got around to finishing the latter half of Season 2. I honestly enjoyed the fact that Optimus Prime was not the Supreme Leader. 

This arrived today - I'll let you all know my thoughts later.

PXL_20231209_190033000.MP.jpg?ex=6587f95

Deathsaurus - 

I'll step through each aspect. 

• Packaging 
    • While the box art is great, inside it's nothing but cardboard boxes without any print. For a made to order release, you'd think there would be a little better care. It's not like how the current releases are (e.g., accessories wrapped in tissue paper) but it's a far cry from Victory Saber.
  • Accessories
    • Couldn't ask for anything else. You can recreate almost any moment in the show.
    • I do wish that the mace had fixed points (e.g., MP Megatron v2). There isn't a way to have any dynamic posing with it. 
  • Deathsaurus
    • It's great. The right level of complexity while keeping true to the original design. 
    • My only complaints would be that 
      • Tigerchest (BKA Tigerbreast) doesn't slot in as well as I'd like. It occasionally pops out when I fidget with the main figure.
      • One of the tabs going from the robot arm to the "Griffin" legs requires perfect alignment to seat properly. 

If you were a fan of the character, you missed out. Now seeing how much it's going for on the aftermarket, I wouldn't do it. It was already pretty steep as is. 

Also, I got a few other figures in over the last few days. The standout is Armada (Legacy) Optimus Prime. A lot of love went into that figure. 

I am really hoping for a RID Optimus Prime (AKA Fire Convoy). 

More figures were dropped. I got the Optimus Prime/Soundwave two pack for Transformers: Reactivate.

Soundwave - It's "fine"

Optimus Prime though . . . it might be one of the best Voyager Prime's we've seen (and yes that includes Earthrise).  The transformation scheme new but at the same time familiar. It reminds me of how the 07 Classics Prime showed up and showed out. At almost $65 USD, I can't say buy it for the Prime alone, but if you did, you won't be disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 2:49 PM, OPTIMUS124 said:

I am really hoping for a RID Optimus Prime (AKA Fire Convoy). 

On 1/30/2024 at 7:56 PM, DangerousJ said:

The new Haslab crowdfunding item will be 

Omega Prime from RID 2001.

It includes RID 2001 Optimus/Fire Convoy, God Magnus ,and a deluxe figure that transforms into Magnus' gun

$250 US

If it reaches the goal, it will release in Fall 2025.

GO BOY CONVOY!!!!!!

I pre-ordered this the day that it went up!

TF Marvel US artist Jose Delbo passed away at 90.

He drew the comic for 2.5 years and drew 25 issues making him the most prolific.

He also had long run on Wonder Woman in the 1970's.

He had some quirks such as:

- always drawing Soundwave with a mouth.

-drawing Starscream with only one "ear"  due to a misinterpretation of his character model.

-drawing some characters as very close to their toy form (Thunderwing with his obtrusive backpack)

I think his best work was the cover to Issue 50. (bottom right image in the Twitter post)

RIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Holy shit I just saw the trailer for TF: One and it looks AMAZING. The voices were jarring at first but other than that I really dig the look and vibe. 

Animated, Bee talks, takes place on Cybertron, no humans/Earth. 

This checks almost every box for me haha. I will say that I’m already preemptively sad but Megatron’s inevitable decent into evil.

😔

Edit: Comes out my birthday month 🙌🏽 

Edited by Vhozite