Stage Select

The DBFZ General: v3 SSGSS Edition (NOT CLICKBAIT)

1 minute ago, Scanman said:

SSJ Goku, Blue Goku, and Base Goku obviously are though. 

Nah. A reskin is exactly what it sounds like: a reskin. Videl's alternate costume is a reskin. 

Each Goku is a different character, sometimes with entirely different move sets. Even the ones with similar normals behave different. 2M is a very different button depending on which Goku you're playing, and that's just one example. 

Black, UI, and the fusions do not have the same model. I don't know how you could even look at those 4 characters and think they look like each other, outside of having spiky hair I guess...? 

The Vegeta's are even more different from each other than Blue, Base or SSJ Goku. 😂

Martian could you please remove that reddit link you posted? It autoplays for some reason and it's a little annoying.

What TODs do you guys actually learn? Right now I have a ton saved and I'm filtering through them figuring out what is -actually useful-. A lot of TOD's really aren't super practical, like "corner 2H solo sparking 3 bar TOD".

I figure the 2M (or 5M for Cooler), 2 assist sparking combos are usually pretty good. It's pretty cool to hit someone from anywhere on the screen with a 2M and 0 bars, then suddenly their character is just dead.

On 10/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, Scanman said:

Martian could you please remove that reddit link you posted? It autoplays for some reason and it's a little annoying.

What TODs do you guys actually learn? Right now I have a ton saved and I'm filtering through them figuring out what is -actually useful-. A lot of TOD's really aren't super practical, like "corner 2H solo sparking 3 bar TOD".

I figure the 2M (or 5M for Cooler), 2 assist sparking combos are usually pretty good. It's pretty cool to hit someone from anywhere on the screen with a 2M and 0 bars, then suddenly their character is just dead.

I put it in a spoiler. That's strange, it doesn't autoplay for me. 

A solo, sparking, 3 bar TOD actually is viable. If you can get a solo TOD off 2H, fuck it, spend however much meter you need. The anchor will usually have some to spare anyway. 

2M Tod's scale really well but depending on who you're playing it could be less or more hard to pull off. You gotta catch people slipping. Some 2M's don't scale as well either like Kid Buu's. 

To me, a "practical" TOD just needs to be cheap and off of a reasonable starter. These Broly 5LL whiff combos are what I'd call the exact opposite of practical. 

Even if you need both assists and sparking, if you can kill a character with your point, and for like 1 bar? Hell yeah, go for it. I have some TOD's with Beerus and Kefla that only need 0.5 to start. 

Case in point:

And hey, if you can kill a character with 4 bars but you don't gotta use sparking? Absolutely worth it too. 

Edited by M A R T I A N
3 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

do not focus on the ToD they distract from so many other valuable aspects 🤕

too many people crazy about em

Yeah I remember you saying that before, but I feel as if I've reached the point where I'm only losing due to the number of touches I get (if that makes sense) rather than just losing due to fundamentals.

Anyway it's rainy season in Vietnam and half the country doesn't have power, so it's not like there's many people to play with anyway. Might as well get OP TUH MULL

I watched some of the US tourney last night and Reynald is killing it with Krillin.  The game looks like its in a really good place righr now in terma of balance among charactera with the different team builds I'm seeing.  Just needs a few more tweaks to some of the lower tiered characters and it could reach a great place.

What do you guys think if they gave goku black an actual command grab with the zamasu call in. Just don't have the beam come out on whiff and obviously shorten the distance. Just speed up the start up frames to the better command grabs in the game. They wouldn't even really need to change the animation and would help him with his biggest weakness.

Also, I'm really pumped for the east coast tourney that's coming on in an hour. Pretty much has all the players I've been watching lately at NLBC and HOC

11 minutes ago, Flighflighflugit said:

What do you guys think if they gave goku black an actual command grab with the zamasu call in. Just don't have the beam come out on whiff and obviously shorten the distance. Just speed up the start up frames to the better command grabs in the game. They wouldn't even really need to change the animation and would help him with his biggest weakness.

Also, I'm really pumped for the east coast tourney that's coming on in an hour. Pretty much has all the players I've been watching lately at NLBC and HOC

Well it would def help with him not having a low 2 L.   Maybe they could speed the start up by a couple frames and then give the move more recovery for balance?  Black has good tools and buttons and excellent movement but he's just not good anchor material.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:22 AM, Sonichuman said:

So...Chris G got mad at lag and rage quit the tourney.  When he stopped moving during his match I didn't think he was going quit the whole damn tourney.  Jesus lol.  I get it...but everyone knew what was up when they agreed to this.

Thought it would be cool to see Chris use his unique team in high level but dude doesn't know how to relax and have some fun. Everyone knows online isn't going to show who the guaranteed best is and he just didn't want to hear randoms talk shit on him for losing in an online tournament lol

8 hours ago, Flighflighflugit said:

Thought it would be cool to see Chris use his unique team in high level but dude doesn't know how to relax and have some fun. Everyone knows online isn't going to show who the guaranteed best is and he just didn't want to hear randoms talk shit on him for losing in an online tournament lol

I mean...He didn't get completely washed like Lord Knight and he would have had 6 more opportunities for redemption since its round robin.  Super shame really.

4 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I mean...He didn't get completely washed like Lord Knight and he would have had 6 more opportunities for redemption since its round robin.  Super shame really.

Yeah, I honestly think it's really dissapointing behavior on his part. He agreed to his opponent and the fighting conditions MONTHS beforehand. Quitting and acting like you're surprised by the same netcode that's been shitty for 3 years now is the definition of setting yourself up for failure. 

On the other hand, this netcode is trash and I think Namco needs to be sent that message in whatever way they can, because again, it's been almost 3 years that we've been stuck with this delay based trash. 

On 10/20/2020 at 12:22 AM, Sonichuman said:

So...Chris G got mad at lag and rage quit the tourney.  When he stopped moving during his match I didn't think he was going quit the whole damn tourney.  Jesus lol.  I get it...but everyone knew what was up when they agreed to this.

I get protesting the netcode, but this is not the way to do it.  Totally unprofessional on his part, he should have just manned up and continued the tourney.  Everyone else has to deal with the same shit.