Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

28 minutes ago, Tatsuroko said:

Dhalsim took Ryu's SnH punch like it was nothing

Dhalsim took Ryu's SnH punch like it was nothing telling him to quit the SnH bullshit, all while blocking a strike from Necalli in Torrent of Power state 😄

34 minutes ago, Tatsuroko said:

and had a deep conversation with Oro about some of the greatest powers the world has known.

To be fair story does good job involving Sim with Oro to show he's knowledgeable enough to be even just involved in that conversation, but also show that Oro is on another level both as fighter and as scholar

11 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Why is Dan in the weaklings section and not the energy projectors section, but Sean is in the energy projectors section and not the weaklings section?!

I really dislike this recurring idea of Dan being automatically the lowest. even thou I dislike Dan as a recurring playable character. 

11 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

The tiers themselves don't make any sense.  Like, having a weapon automatically makes you stronger than people without weapons?  Making Poison stronger than Balrog?

Weapons in general dont makes sense either in street fighter. weapons do no relevance anymore in the current SF, as they entered anime like ideas of fighting. SF is basically becoming like dragonball and other anime in the case of weapons logic to be specific, sometimes it kinda make sense and sometimes it doesn't lol. Weapon aren't that special like in IRL

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, mikros said:

I should have read your comments before giving EH a click for that list. Now I feel bad.

Here's something I breathed out in 5 minutes that's 10x better than that shitastic list

l3hhMwv.png

Notes:

1- Does not include some SF1 characters.

2- Characters within each tier are loosely ordered from left to right.

3- Characters can punch up 1 tier and could win but it would be an unfavorable matchup on varying degrees.

4- Characters separated by 2 tiers or more will be crushed by higher tiers.

5- Tiers based on most recent canonical appearance, known potential power levels, interactions, and/or history of fighting  (Does not include SF6).

6- Q is actually unknown, that's a placeholder.

7- Akuma is Shin Akuma in the canon. There is no distinction, that is a gameplay device only.

8- Dan is last for the lols... Mostly.

Edited by Daemos
48 minutes ago, Daemos said:

yeah nobody has encountered him or seen him fight

as for me I dont have tiers other than 4 classification like i said before in SRK

Beyond Master/Whatif/Complete(Shin Bison and Akuma)

Masters

Veterans/Youth that are mentored 

NewGeneration/Youth/Thugs that has no mentors

NewGen and Thugs cannot go toe to toe with Masters and Beyond Master 

Veterans can fight Masters and Beyond Masters

NewGen and Thugs can fight Veterans

Something like that rather than auto lose theres a bit of ambiguity but there is a seems likely to Lose.

Like 2 Layers above can stand a chance but 3 layers above cannot

1 hour ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Retsu appeared in WT, and he has his own moveset (@5:20)

That's cool 👍

But he have just unique stance and the jump kick special

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/streetfighter/images/8/88/Retsu_Taxx.jpg

rest is Ryu

Guess Carlos will be similar, we seen he have his old FF2 stance and the

Carlos Final Fight Sticker - Carlos Final Fight Sword Stickers

Maybe rest will be just some char normals

Would be cool if our avatar can learn specials from non main cast characters, after all in SFEX Ace had some unique moves too... he even had wink at VF, TK and KoF lol 😄

PS: @Miðgarðsormin the vid is possible see also the man we thought could be Sodom, but seems just a random dude

4 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

I'm still wondering why they aren't adding "Q" there or even some random twelve/eleven mimics roaming and spying around the globe?

I do understand Shadaloo characters and army like Cyborgs, Seth Clones and etc wouldn't appear this time because Shadaloo is destroyed in the current presentation but surely be later added.

They Bison would likely be playable and be reveal alive later.

Bison would likely be more even playable than Boxer and Sagat. I believe the one that would return among the Shadaloo Higher Ups is either Bison and Claw as a DLC compare to Boxer and Sagat.

Next would be Urien and Cody, since those were the most characters that cannot be replace and popular.

Urien, Bison, Cody and Sagat are the best bet of DLC. Maybe Alex soon.

It would be a surprise if they manage toput Ingrid in world tour or as a playable characters. That's the real shock they could bring in SF6.

5 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

I know in canon Restu is supposed to be old. Even in the artwork where he's featured with Dan they don't really hide this fact. 

spacer.png

Who knows? Maybe he's good friends with fellow senior citizen Zeku too and learned the age rejuvenation technique.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

Here's something I breathed out in 5 minutes that's 10x better than that shitastic list

l3hhMwv.png

Notes:

1- Does not include some SF1 characters.

2- Characters within each tier are loosely ordered from left to right.

3- Characters can punch up 1 tier and could win but it would be an unfavorable matchup on varying degrees.

4- Characters separated by 2 tiers or more will be crushed by higher tiers.

5- Tiers based on most recent canonical appearance, known potential power levels, interactions, and/or history of fighting  (Does not include SF6).

7- Akuma is Shin Akuma in the canon. There is no distinction, that is a gameplay device only.

8- Dan is last for the lols... Mostly.

List is already much better, but even not touching the many gray areas, few points where i disagree (in some case is the order, but is true you admit is loose)

-Oni what if should be higher than Oro and normal/shin Akuma on same tier as Oro, as we know they clashed in SF3 and they had to call it a draw to avoid mutual destruction

Personally would have an S+ tier where you have Oni, Oro, Akuma, Gouken, in this order

-Ryu at this point should not be listed below Bison, beated him extremely comfortably in SFV even tanking his last special without even block, plus we know Oro consider Ryu and Gill equal in terms of potential. So without count SF6, we still have SF3 Ryu who had time to train/improve after ASF

Plus the fight with Alex shows he's at least these 2 tiers (to consider it straight one side) above the young wrestler

Last i think MnK Ryu is at very least equal to Evil Ryu

-No way Dudley is 2 tiers below Balrog. SFV Rog could not harm Zangief (but i concede, strange match up), SF3 Rog lose to Alex in the mixed martial arts tournament getting KO'd by a punch (lol i HATED that part). Dudley imho fuck up Rog in a very one-side match, but beyond my opinion would say he's at very least equal to Rog

-Adon is underrated. It's normal, everybody ever forget Adon, but still dude is a savage. Sub Boss of SF1, Bison admit to have understimated him, defeat Sagat(in his bad period to be fair) and Ken in SFA, lose fighting with Akuma and PD Bison (actually on the latter goes like Nash having upper hand at first in ASF, then the machine turn the table).

Lose rematch with a SF4 Sagat that recovered his pride/strenght, but they seem evenly matched at first in th intro

Would say if not very bottom of A tier, he surely deserve at least B+

-Have Alex and Gief both in A tier is correct, but even if in same room sadly (as Gief fan) Alex should be ahead... he defeat Zangief in SFV direct fight (i guess to close the deal they had with the interrupted tag team match), where as very rare case Gief served as Arcade final Boss

-I think have Rose and G on same tier is right, but Rose should be ahead as have more important feats so far and when they fought Rose won

-Hugo two tiers below Alex and Zangief feels bit low tbh, we know he can at least put up some sort of wrestling rivalry with Alex (as mirror of Hulk/Andrè) and iirc at some point in SF3 fought with Ryu, losing but managing to withstand his Shin Shoryuken showing incredible toughness wich forced Ryu to follow up with some sort of hadouken to finish the fight (was it canon? I don't remember)

-Not sure about Zeku being an entire tier above Guy, considering Guy defeated him to become Bushinryu Master

Would drag Zeku down to basic A, on same floor with Guy and Cody (who's slighty better than Guy, as you placed him)

-Falke should be at least on same tier as Ed, if we talk up to SFV (possible in SF6 Ed is much stronger) if i remember correctly Falke defeat Ed in their sparrings... likely due better discipline/training, but still

Think for how story focus on him Ed will end up have better potential, but as far as SFV they're on same level, Falke even slighty higher possibly*

-Scamkura should sadly be at least one tier higher

-Ken should be surely be ahead of Fang, he defeated him pretty easily to begin with

-Have no idea how to place Twelve, but feels bit high lol

-Laura two tiers below Zangief feels bit harsh, their grappling clash felt kinda even as long it lasted

*fun thing now tht i think about it Ed who's smart and know Falke, in a serious/unfair fight would probably try knock the staff off her hands, then she would be instant much weaker 😄

But that's speculation on my side... even if is true we have an example of a fighter (Vega) who can fight just as good after losing his weapon, while Falke due the nature of her PP is much more like Rolento or C.Viper

Well, I gave my shot at a Street Fighter canon tier list, since it was a pretty slow day at work and I had some time to pull it off.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Some general rules:

- The tiers are not strict hardlines. A fighter being below one tier, doesn't mean he's completely hopeless against higher tiers. 

- I say that a character from one tier can give a good fight to another character one tier above. The same character would be able to stand-up to someone two-tiers above, but they'd have a very hard time. Three tiers difference is game over. For example: Sakura could give a good fight to Laura. She could also be able to stand up to Chun-Li. However, Rose beats her any time.

- Characters inside a tier are ordered left to right but many differences are minor. When comparing tiers, the further right you are, the harder match you'd have against a higher tier. For example: Elena is the same tier as Poison, but she'd give Laura a harder match than Poison would.

- What separates the tiers is the power of the bosses. For example if someone is able to take Barlog on their own in a one-on-one he goes into that tier. If a boss could handle two characters at once, the two are automatically one tier below, since they can't give the boss an even match.

Now, let's get into specifics:

Jobber Tier : Sean is shown losing to nobodies, so he's the weakest of the bunch. Dan, for all the jokes at his expence, is only ever shown weaker than other Street Fighters. I place Rufus above since he's at least a contender to the American fighting tournament, which is popoulated by people like Ken and Nash, so he must be a bit more competent than Dan. He also learned Martial Arts by himself, while Dan was actually trained by Gouken and he's still weak.

Street Fighter : Basically the Final Fight bosses and people who could defeat one on their own. These people are very close to those one tier above, but I see Barlog as above a FF boss and since he could take anyone of them I think this placement is fine.

Heavenly King 1 : Anyone that can defeat Barlog single-handed. I think most of the SF2 classics go here. They'd beat Barlog but Vega would be a real struggle for them. Left to right placement is not really applicable here. All of these guys are pretty much equal.

Heavenly King 2 : Anyone that could beat Vega. This is probably the one where it's the toughest to place them from left to right. I think Rashid and C.Viper are pretty much equal, both being secret agents using gadgets, so an argument could be made for any of these people moving left or right. However, if we judgde by who could actually defeat Vega the easiest, I think the tier makes sense. Viper fights slow, while Rashid is quick on his feet, so he's a better match to Vega than she is.

Heavenly King 3 : anyone who could beat Sagat. FANG is his replacement, so they must be pretty much equal, though their styles are different. Q is a secret boss, so while we know nothing about him, there must be something to his name. Nash, Rose and Necalli could give a good fight to people like Bison and Ryu, so they must be at least here. Zangief is consistently shown as a powerhouse in all the games so I don't see him loseing to Vega and Barlog. Dudley is cleary outclasses Barlog, so he's up there as well. Kage gets beaten by Sagat, but Sagat struggles a bit, so it's fair to place him close to the end. And Twelve, while we know little of him, since he's Urien's assassin, I think he'd more or less be on par with Vega, however, since he can copy anyone's style, I give him a little edge.

Mid Boss : these are people who, if they weren't outshined by the big bads, could probably beat anyone. I think Urien is equal to Seth and so below Bison. However, as Seth is a boss, he's above most of the rest of the cast.

Heavenly King 1 : Whoever can defeat Bison. Noooot many people. Ryu for sure. Gouken would, since he's on par with Akuma and Gen would probably do decent, since he was on par with Akuma too. Prime Gen might actually be able to defeat him!

High Boss: Akuma is consistently shown above everyone and whenever he puts a weaker show than usual, he always come back stronger. He also defeats post ASF Ryu, who beat Bison, so there's that. Gill is hard to say since we saw little of him, but he's clearly hiding his true power.

S+++ : Oro is the master. He'd probably be able to beat Akuma as he is currently. Oni is juiced up Akuma, so it could go either way between them. I don't see Gill surviving Oni and so they go a bit higher.

Edited by Dracu
10 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

List is already much better, but even not touching the many gray areas, few points where i disagree (in some case is the order, but is true you admit is loose)

-Oni what if should be higher than Oro and normal/shin Akuma on same tier as Oro, as we know they clashed in SF3 and they had to call it a draw to avoid mutual destruction

Personally would have an S+ tier where you have Oni, Oro, Akuma, Gouken, in this order

-Ryu at this point should not be listed below Bison, beated him extremely comfortably in SFV even tanking his last special without even block, plus we know Oro consider Ryu and Gill equal in terms of potential. So without count SF6, we still have SF3 Ryu who had time to train/improve after ASF

Plus the fight with Alex shows he's at least these 2 tiers (to consider it straight one side) above the young wrestler

Last i think MnK Ryu is at very least equal to Evil Ryu

-No way Dudley is 2 tiers below Balrog. SFV Rog could not harm Zangief (but i concede, strange match up), SF3 Rog lose to Alex in the mixed martial arts tournament getting KO'd by a punch (lol i HATED that part). Dudley imho fuck up Rog in a very one-side match, but beyond my opinion would say he's at very least equal to Rog

-Adon is underrated. It's normal, everybody ever forget Adon, but still dude is a savage. Sub Boss of SF1, Bison admit to have understimated him, defeat Sagat(in his bad period to be fair) and Ken in SFA, lose fighting with Akuma and PD Bison (actually on the latter goes like Nash having upper hand at first in ASF, then the machine turn the table).

Lose rematch with a SF4 Sagat that recovered his pride/strenght, but they seem evenly matched at first in th intro

Would say if not very bottom of A tier, he surely deserve at least B+

-Have Alex and Gief both in A tier is correct, but even if in same room sadly (as Gief fan) Alex should be ahead... he defeat Zangief in SFV direct fight (i guess to close the deal they had with the interrupted tag team match), where as very rare case Gief served as Arcade final Boss

-I think have Rose and G on same tier is right, but Rose should be ahead as have more important feats so far and when they fought Rose won

-Hugo two tiers below Alex and Zangief feels bit low tbh, we know he can at least put up some sort of wrestling rivalry with Alex (as mirror of Hulk/Andrè) and iirc at some point in SF3 fought with Ryu, losing but managing to withstand his Shin Shoryuken showing incredible toughness wich forced Ryu to follow up with some sort of hadouken to finish the fight (was it canon? I don't remember)

-Not sure about Zeku being an entire tier above Guy, considering Guy defeated him to become Bushinryu Master

Would drag Zeku down to basic A, on same floor with Guy and Cody (who's slighty better than Guy, as you placed him)

-Falke should be at least on same tier as Ed, if we talk up to SFV (possible in SF6 Ed is much stronger) if i remember correctly Falke defeat Ed in their sparrings... likely due better discipline/training, but still

Think for how story focus on him Ed will end up have better potential, but as far as SFV they're on same level, Falke even slighty higher possibly*

-Scamkura should sadly be at least one tier higher

-Ken should be surely be ahead of Fang, he defeated him pretty easily to begin with

-Have no idea how to place Twelve, but feels bit high lol

-Laura two tiers below Zangief feels bit harsh, their grappling clash felt kinda even as long it lasted

*fun thing now tht i think about it Ed who's smart and know Falke, in a serious/unfair fight would probably try knock the staff off her hands, then she would be instant much weaker 😄

But that's speculation on my side... even if is true we have an example of a fighter (Vega) who can fight just as good after losing his weapon, while Falke due the nature of her PP is much more like Rolento or C.Viper

I did this real quick from memory but I would change a few things in the mid tiers. A few points though:

1- Reason why I put Oro ahead of Akuma is we do not have any indication that Oro used both hands with Akuma in SF3. I put Oro top because 2 handed Oro is probably something incredible. His understanding of all the different kis also makes him well aware of everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Oni could be SS+ and Oro is S+.

2- As I mentioned in the notes, a character one tier below can punch up and win but it doesn't make them in the same tier necessarily. While Ryu was able to defeat Bison in the end due to special interactions between MNK and PP, he had help from Gill-Nash who sacrificed himself so that Ryu can finish Bison. This alone still places Bison in the upper echelons. I think SF6 Ryu will probably end up in S tier.

3- Rog beat Necalli which is why I placed him there. Don't have much to work with for Dudley. But I'm indifferent with moving Dudley one up. Gief is a raid boss though.

4- Agreed about Adon.

5- Reason why I kept Zeku top is because he can literally de-age himself. An extremely unique power. More importantly, he's like the first Strider. It felt appropriate but again this is all gut feeling and conjecture. You're right about Guy beating him (but sometimes I feel Zeku sandbagged so he can go and do his thing, he seems like a party animal).

6- I only placed Ed above Falke because of his potential. Bison sees him as more suitable than Falke, so likely because Ed's ceiling is higher than Falke. Again, conjecture.

7- Agree about Scamkura. She did learn just from watching Ryu. That's prodigy level.

8- Agree about Ken.

9- Twelve's placement definitely has a smidge of wishful thinking in there. But I think he's supposed to be a super soldier and perfect "human" specimen. That has to amount to something.

10- I'm indifferent about Laura tbh. Her youth played a part in her placement.

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

Yes, I saw it... But they named him ゴモラ GOMORRAH so I forgive them. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's fucking genius 🤣

Would have been even funnier if he was bit like Sodom... like different samurai helmet, different weapons

33 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

I know in canon Restu is supposed to be old. Even in the artwork where he's featured with Dan they don't really hide this fact. 

spacer.png

Who knows? Maybe he's good friends with fellow senior citizen Zeku too and learned the age rejuvenation technique.

Yeah, noticed that 😄

I doubt there would be much canon explanation, Capcom just takes lot of liberties on these things when the char has been around for years

Easy example is Lucia looking way more mature in Final Fight 2 than she does many years later in SFV lol

Spoiler

Final Fight 3 - Lucia by elcioch on DeviantArt

to

Lucia's Costumes to get Inspired for SFV Contest | DashFight

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I did this real quick from memory but I would change a few things in the mid tiers. A few points though:

1- Reason why I put Oro ahead of Akuma is we do not have any indication that Oro used both hands with Akuma in SF3. I put Oro top because 2 handed Oro is probably something incredible. His understanding of all the different kis also makes him well aware of everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Oni could be SS+ and Oro is S+

I think it's pretty fair/logical to consider implied they went pretty hard, so both hands Oro vs "shin" Akuma

The gimmick to limit themselves is something they do against who they don't consider worthy of more effort, but seriously doubt that this can apply to a fight that was called a draw and stopped because they realized it would have resulted in mutual destruction

3- Rog beat Necalli which is why I placed him there. Don't have much to work with for Dudley. But I'm indifferent with moving Dudley one up. Gief is a raid boss though.

Rog defeating Necalli while silly writing* is definitely a feat, but counting SFV and SF3 Rog also loses a lot, badly too

-Was completely unable to do anything to Gief

-Lost to Ed, feels likely played a role, but still Ed is not that elite

-Urien bitchslap him (no  shame as Urien is powerful, but seems to do it easily too)

-It's true was 2v1 and did'nt lost, but Mika tanking his punch using the face was a big L for Rog mighty punch

-Alex knock him out with one punch

On other side without many feats aside impress Gill (who returned the car), by SF3 time Dudley was boxing world Champ (but was called champ already in SF4)

Plus SF3 literally insist at show us on same page Balrog being on big decline next to Dudley wearing gold

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your  hope for DLC | Page 268 | NeoGAF

If they fought in SF3 era i'm pretty sure Dudley would have put on Rog the beating of his life

Prime vs prime would be maybe be much close fight, if you have SFA Rog or even before his timeline debut in SF (i think Rog is in constant decline compared to his boxing ring days) vs SF3 Dudley, but would take lot of speculation lol

*they could have at least explainedt hat Necalli was roaming around in weakened state, because he still did'nt eaten any fighter since his awakening

That could have worked

5- Reason why I kept Zeku top is because he can literally de-age himself. An extremely unique power. More importantly, he's like the first Strider. It felt appropriate but again this is all gut feeling and conjecture. You're right about Guy beating him (but sometimes I feel Zeku sandbagged so he can go and do his thing, he seems like a party animal).

Yeah these are cool things but not necessary push him higher than who does'nt

Btw i agree with the possibility Zeku could have known that Guy have the heart at the right place (wich he proven refusing to kill Zeku), and was happy to leave Bushinryu  in his hands... but till proven contrary by canon elements,  i have to assume they both went all-in in a straight fair fight, both NOT wanting to kill each others but neither wanting to lose

Would not risk to assume the old master have to fake the loss for the younger disciple to win, specially considering ever in Bushinryu Zeku was likely around same age of Guy when he defeated Genryusai... and given what strict moral code Genryusai had (was a believer the successor should take the role killing his master) i really doubt he went easy on Zeku

6- I only placed Ed above Falke because of his potential. Bison sees him as more suitable than Falke, so likely because Ed's ceiling is higher than Falke. Again, conjecture.

Yeah i believe it too and i think SF6 will prove us right(i also very doubt we will see playable Falke at all lol), plus as said the fact she can't use PP without an object is a big limit

She's not even like Soul users that CHOSE to use an object as (likely healthier) method, she straight does'nt have the ability to use PP with her body alone

But if we stick to SFV events in direct combat Falke have upper hand or she is at least equal

9- Twelve's placement definitely has a smidge of wishful thinking in there. But I think he's supposed to be a super soldier and perfect "human" specimen. That has to amount to something.

Idk, i believe real Twelve potential started when story ended, but before that gave me the vibes of something that can be still keept under control

SF3 ending self-aware Twelve may do same quality jump Seth did compared to other clones

10- I'm indifferent about Laura tbh. Her youth played a part in her placement.

She may be young, but in grappling world she's treated with respect like a vet, Mika literally call her "one of Zangief's grapple buddies"

Zangief himself treat Laura as fellow grappler/equal to the point in Mika's story even "defeating" Laura ingame, canon wise get just described as Mika doing better than Laura thought, then Zangief tell Mika to step aside and watch him and Laura grappling, like to say Mika have still LOT to learn watching two Masters fight

She's the reason i thought the interrupted Tag Team fight was in favor of Alex-Laura, Zangief would have got to face two fighters of similar level to him, with only noob Mika on his side lol

Then we seen Gief lose even the 1v1*, but this is another story 🥲

*would love if was ever said that Alex invented his SFV CA -wich is done in his arcade ending- specifically to knock out Zangief (that in SFV seems almost impossible to KO, neither Ken's life best srk nor a suckerpunch by Rog could get the job done) in that fight, would be insanely cool and would give credit both to Alex instinct/improvisation and Zangief getting recognized as an unique challenge that require unprecedented measure

Edited by CESTUS III

Not to bash everyone making tier lists and all for the characters I know it's all in good fun and makes for interesting discussions but I still think canon tier lists are all dumber than an ice coffee maker. 

42 minutes ago, Daemos said:

@CESTUS III

Here's an updated one

sfpowertierlistpre62.png

Like why is Sagat ranking lower than Dhalsim or Gen? Forget about ASF (we know Capcom has given Guile's and Chun's character intro's for 6)  the guy is a former Boss character. Necalli gets smacked down by everyone he fought why is he so high? Ingrid not a SF....then why include her? Save some room for the FF or Slammasters characters if we're listing Non SF characters at least they're SF canon. 

Edited by bakfromon

Chill I didn’t make the template. So I didn’t have a choice in which pictures are there. Ingrid was there and added in response to Ultima.

Secondly you proceed to say they are dumb but then argue over a character’s placement in a hypothetical. Whether you like it or not, players have opinions on this and it generates a lot of reactions as seen on EH and Twitter. So discussing it and forming reasonable opinions isn’t dumb. There is enough information to make accurate guesses more or less.

I also explained the logic in the notes of the previous post. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Your Ingrid placement gets you an instant passing grade from me @DaemosThat said, I thought from SF3 on Ryu was stronger than Evil Ryu. Haven't really go to look at the list in depth. Being a work an all, but shouldn't Evil Ryu be below SFV/SF3 era Ryu.

It's a little gray but Evil Ryu is basically a non-canonical polar opposite of MNK Ryu, the highest potential form of this character (unless he too can become an Oni).

I think as SF6 Ryu will be closer to his "Ryu Final" or "Master Ryu" form, the latter we had hints of in the SF5 boss battle, this will push him in the S tier surely. I think Akuma will mirror his development and become much closer to Oni canonically just to offset him.

1 hour ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I'm so confused now. Chun's bios say that she retired from Interpol but she's leading the investigation on Ken here. I have to guess the last time they met was during SF3 as she was rather vague in her response. 

Li Fen has Nemesis on her PC. I'm liking this girl the more I learn about her. 

Comic imply that the secretary is the one who setup Ken. It's got to be a red herring or she's in cohoots with JP.

Astute observation!! Can't wait to find out how JP is related to Amnesia. So I'm guessing the drones shot Tsujimoto, especially since Ken left the "safehouse" and the drones were trying to tail him... The gravity of the story reminds me of SF2TAM.  Cammy assassinated Mr. Sellers, we saw Shadaloo drug smuggling and Ken was getting brainwashed.

I really need some relief from all the darkness we've seen in the three issues (including #0). I guess Luke is comic relief, but man even he was ruffled by the frame job. Li-Fen I guess was moreso to lighten the mood and offer more insight with the deepfake, but I was so focused on what happened with Ken that I couldn't get myself to even smile when she talking with Chun. I needs the resolution now Capcom!

Edited by ToreyBeans
10 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

Cammy assassinated Mr. Sellers

Cammy is also one who suffered from... Amnesia due to Bison's Psycho Power brainwashing. 

In JP's case Amnesia is a counter technique which implants a Psycho Power bomb which tracks his opposite and then detonates...What if it not only implants a Psycho Power bomb but also brainwashes his victims (in canon). 

What if the insurgency was against JP initially and then he brainwashed them into his loyal subjects. Only to be his pawns to be detonated in a terrorist attack that would be blamed on another (Ken).

12 hours ago, Dracu said:

- I say that a character from one tier can give a good fight to another character one tier above. The same character would be able to stand-up to someone two-tiers above, but they'd have a very hard time. Three tiers difference is game over. For example: Sakura could give a good fight to Laura. She could also be able to stand up to Chun-Li. However, Rose beats her any time.

I agree, that's kinda how my tier work like i mentioned in the thread earlier but i divided it more into 4 category and not fully tier with characters on it.

I didn't make a list but rather just mentioned categories because i prefer ambiuity and fluidity since solo confrontation are essential to the narrative of fighting games. 

8 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Like why is Sagat ranking lower than Dhalsim or Gen? Forget about ASF (we know Capcom has given Guile's and Chun's character intro's for 6)  the guy is a former Boss character. Necalli gets smacked down by everyone he fought why is he so high? Ingrid not a SF....then why include her? Save some room for the FF or Slammasters characters if we're listing Non SF characters at least they're SF canon

I feel that put

This is why I didn't create a chart and list but instead divided them in a 4 category like 

Shin/Gods, Master, Veteran and etc like thug or those among the average

because in narrative sense it makes no sense for a fighting game to have a complete detailed tier of characters the ambiuity and fluidity in solo confrontation are essential to the narrative of fighting games. 

while some narrayive events in fighting games like in alpha are fought by 2 characters against one to match up and make it reasonable why the better one lose

44 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I agree, that's kinda how my tier work like i mentioned in the thread earlier but i divided it more into 4 category and not fully tier with characters on it.

I didn't make a list but rather just mentioned categories because i prefer ambiuity and fluidity since solo confrontation are essential to the narrative of fighting games. 

I feel that put

This is why I didn't create a chart and list but instead divided them in a 4 category like 

Shin/Gods, Master, Veteran and etc like thug or those among the average

because in narrative sense it makes no sense for a fighting game to have a complete detailed tier of characters the ambiuity and fluidity in solo confrontation are essential to the narrative of fighting games. 

while some narrayive events in fighting games like in alpha are fought by 2 characters against one to match up and make it reasonable why the better one lose

Good point but hear me out. The new 🍑 tier list works like this. The veteran Cammy is known for bringing the cakes🎂🎂 but newbie Manon is packing some hardcore crepes 🥐🥐  Interpol Chun's got some mean meat buns 🥟🥟 and the tierlist is all for fun🤣. (This is my walkout rap for the characters)

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

The Terra connection is VERY interesting.

Man I am torn between wanting to dig into these spoilers...or just wait until the game comes out and then binge.

i think the prequel stuff is meant to be enjoyed and digested before the game. Once the game is out the thread is gonna get flooded. Having this information like the name of JP’s NGO or the bird mask group Amnesia helps solve the puzzle.

it’s also fun to make predictions and see if they stick. Can’t do that as much when the game starts.

Edited by Daemos
Spoiler

What’s going on between JP and Kalima? The way they looked at one another. It’s like she knew it was him and was saddened. And he knew she knew and was saddened by it too as she walked away.

Is this why she went missing?

Also Terra are the ones who hired Luke, so that brings our “protagonist” into the fold directly. But how will Ryu tie into this? Somebody help poor Ryu!

edit- oh and Deep Fake Ken’s hairstyle is badass. Very nice touch.

Edited by Daemos

I'm still not following much of the current phase of the story in SF6 other than knowing the bits.

I think, I feel less interested than before not because its not bad or not because its not a Ryu story( I never wanted Ryu as the center of future stories). but rather the current settings isnt the thing im interested. 

Maybe its because its not a familiar settings that I wqs hoping, like Shadaloo or either Secret Society as the main big baddie. Its not bad narrative but it's just not for me.

I think they even doing a better job here than SF5 story, It's really just the settings and main villain that is not im personally interested into.

JP seems an interesting and good designed villain but my biases and expectation catch up on me. 

So I'm on a wait and see situation that I'm just waiting how this will end and how this will effect the future of the SF games.

Hopefully we will see some Urien, Gill and Bison back along with their organization in the later season. I prefer Neo Shadaloo became the main baddie but I understand that it cannot like its not enough to appeal and it cannot be seen that intimidating like the previous 2 organization.

Maybe Urien and Gill would came in a DLC with Alex in the later season along with new NPC bosses

While the Shadaloo's Dictator and Claw would be earlier release with package of new NPC challenge characters that is related to Shadaloo

I don't think characters like Seth, Rufus and others from SF4 that aren't CViper would ever be DLC in SF6.

Edited by Shakunetsu

Questions to ponder regarding JP and Terra NP:

Spoiler

I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself but this could become a perfect segway into the G arc. JP is the head of Terra, and G President of Earth, are they one and the same?

Is JP a subordinate of G like how his ending depicted many fighters falling under his spell? Or is JP the head of the Alphabet people?

Are bird masked minions the same as iron masked minions? Hypnotized soldiers?

What is actually going on in Nayshall? Is JP/G using the rise (and fall?) of Nayshall to generate dark money for his other projects?

What's so special about mount Nayshall that compels JP to recreate an ancient fighting arena for a modern tournament?

15 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Not to bash everyone making tier lists and all for the characters I know it's all in good fun and makes for interesting discussions but I still think canon tier lists are all dumber than an ice coffee maker.

My position is ever the same, aside the fun as fans debating it, it's not perfect science but vague attempt at understand what Capcom think of SF food chain, because definitely SF have -LOOSE- food chain approach to the cast

Interactions are surely linked to story's needs but Capcom seems to have an idea of cast hierarchy and mostly stick to it

I also find interesting see how different chapters (and developers) may change it through time, with effects on the lore

Like, Zangief used to get basically no respect, then SFV (and a bit SF4 too) suddently treated him waaay better than they ever did lol

Or Sim being ignored since forever, suddently starting to become a recognized figure of wisdom

Is Amnesia a scam though?

Or were they a legitimate endeavor that was hijacked by Terra NP? I think the name may suggest that they could be "minions" like Q who don't remember anything about their past. Alternatively, it could just mean that the world won't remember them or they don't want to be remembered.

I noted the the parallels between Bird Mask and Guy Fawkes in issue 1 nice to see Capcom double down on it. Does the bird have a connection with the bird emblem on Ed or the other brooch emblem (that looks birdlike) on JP... Need to know!

Edited by Daemos
6 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Good point but hear me out. The new 🍑 tier list works like this. The veteran Cammy is known for bringing the cakes🎂🎂 but newbie Manon is packing some hardcore crepes 🥐🥐  Interpol Chun's got some mean meat buns 🥟🥟 and the tierlist is all for fun🤣

Is all for fun, but any 🍑 tier list not mentioning Kimberly is crime

Whoever designed that body either was blessed by gods that day or knows me very well lol