Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

20 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Ken is really stressed out and at the start of his hero arc. Maybe people should wait and see what becomes of him as a father and business man before passing judgement. 

Like do these zoomers know how much heart this man has beneath that fiery exterior? He’s gonna come through. 

I’m rooting for Ken!

Those zoomers don't know how is to be a parent. How often are men in Ken's position tend to be active fathers? I commend Ken for wanting his son around when he is conducting business. 

17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The english version omitted the introduction narration box. It wasn't presented when I read it. 

They leave out the introduction of Ken's board of directors who are established in Metro City. The introduction of Kalima and the Nayshall fighting arena. Not like we don't know who and what they are given they tell you about them eventually. The glaring one was Albert Jackson though as Ken just calls him by his last name throughout the issue. Just weird they left that part out.

2 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

They leave out the introduction of Ken's board of directors who are established in Metro City. The introduction of Kalima and the Nayshall fighting arena. Not like we don't know who and what they are given they tell you about them eventually. The glaring one was Albert Jackson though as Ken just calls him by his last name throughout the issue. Just weird they left that part out.

Considering Albert is Ken's advisor and had the same role for his father he should be using his first name given how personal their relationship should be. 

Spoiler

The man pushed out of an exploding car. He wouldn't do that if their relationship was strictly professional

Is weird (in a cool way) to me see everybody suddently start liking Luke lol

Back to SFV debut  up to 24h ago me defending Luke was like

Zoro Kuma GIFs | Tenor

Tbh 5 May 2023 Luke seem the same he's ever been, feels like people simply stopped hating the char for what they think he is and started notice what he actually is lol

Better late than never i guess 😄

Here what I am thinking now if this is a gentle swansong to Ken Masters to future SF

I find the crypto related funny but I never liked the idea of it put in SF storyline. they could have done something better

I feel that later on

Mel will regret being distance with his father and feel sorry that he misunderstood his father that cause his father problems or something else bad...

This push Mel to later on wants to lived by his fathers honor by being a good fighters

Mel will be trained by Luke because he could relate to his loss or something father related.

############

I had a fanfic on the SRK thread of story that I personally want Mel to be trained by Ryu, but this was before the last season of SFV before Luke being reveal.

That Mel ask Ryu for help to be trained as a fighter because of what happened to Ken.

Ryu being forced or ask not by means similar to Sakura but rather to honor a friend through his son Mel is something Ryu would oblidged depending on how Mel would approach him.

Either Ken went missing or something else. thus making Ryu a master of Mel by ods and situation not by choice.

Looks like.they are clearly building on Mel for the future and the turn is Luke or Ryu as might become his mentor

While Lifen is guaranteed to Chunli

#########

In SF Manhua 

Mel was handed by Ken to Akuma as someone to trained him and be a mentor to him.

While Urien became Sean's Mentor instead

20 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Here what I am thinking now if this is a gentle swansong to Ken Masters to future SF

This isn't Ken's swansong, this is Ken's MNK moment.

Do you guys remember this scene in TTTB?

This is the aftermath of Ryu after a moment overcoming his own demons to attain a degree of Mu. I'm a firm believer that Capcom plans its lore for SF years in advance. The line that Ryu delivers to Ken afterwards only completely makes sense in the context of what could happen in SF6.

Ken will need to find and tap into his true power to overcome this obstacle before him. He might not go "violent" if he fails, but he will possibly lose everything else he holds dear.

Edited by Daemos

It's kind of bittersweet but now Ken is on the most level playing field he's been with his buddy Ryu since they're both these homeless wanderer's now. Ryu has always been this way, but now Ken is in the same position but we know he's had more at stake to lose. 

In terms of story the reason why Ken usually gets back into fighting once he has his family is ultimately because of Ryu. Sure his family makes him push himself once he gets back into it but we always see the repercussions of his attachments. He always seen himself as one step behind his old friend. Then he goes out to find Ryu in order to test himself, this happens both in SF2 and SF3.

Well now he doesn't have those same commitments but he's still struggling due to the circumstances. He's depressed of course, but now he could learn to detach from the material things just like Ryu.

I hope Sean comes up down the line. He, Luke and Jaime would make a nice trio of new gen, international warriors. Especially if the story focuses so much on Ken, it only makes sense he show up at some point. I think he'd make a good partner for Kimberly too, considering her uncle was working for Ken. 

His gameplay is already different than a regular shoto, so he wouldn't be a clone and with a good modern redesign, he can surely work in 6.

I think he has a good chance to come back since Ken is basically the main character of this story it seems.

Would be interesting to see him take on characteristics from both Ken and Laura’s styles on top of his own. 

However, if he doesn’t show up I think Laura will.

If Capcom follow a 4 character plan for the seasons then it’s gonna get very tight. I have no idea how they will pull it off.

13 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's Shitaku. They just bitched about Nintendo black listing them, after they advocated pirating Metroid Dread at launch, and followed up by posting an article with all the Tears of the Kingdom leaks. Fuck Shitaku and I hope they go belly up soon.

Shitaku is a cancer on the internet. They can't fail and go the way of other garbage peddlers soon enough.

There was a superhero you had to fight in Metro City called the Watcher in the recent WTM preview. It would be so much cooler if we randomly run into Q throughout WTM, and if you beat him he gives you a clue.

Who watches the Watcher? Q! That's who!

edit-

This is also very cool. They've stayed true to the original outline of Metro City.

Final-Fight-30-Anos-Beat-Em-Up-Briga-de-

i5PBnjt.png

I guess the dark areas may open up later?

Edited by Daemos
3 hours ago, Daemos said:

There was a superhero you had to fight in Metro City called the Watcher in the recent WTM preview. It would be so much cooler if we randomly run into Q throughout WTM, and if you beat him he gives you a clue.

Would be better the superhero was named Captain Commando seeing as this character is already covered in Capcom yellow and blue with the Capcom logo C plastered around his body. Either way @ShockDingowould enjoy the reference

So apparently outside of Haggar's stadium, there are flags of countries from around the world.

Flags with characters playable in SF6:

Brazil (Blanka)
China (Chun, AKI)
France (Manon)
India (Sim)
Italy (Marisa)
Jamaica (DeeJay)
Japan (Ryu, Akuma)
Mexico (Lily)
Russia (Gief, JP)
South Korea (Juri)
UK (Cammy)
USA (Ken, Guile)

Germany (Ed?)

Flags without characters:

Kenya (Elena?)
Spain (Vega?)
Thailand (Sagat? Adon?)
Turkey (Hakan?)

Notably no flag for Rashid (KSA or UAE).

If I include the other names on the Graffiti wall - Sakura (JPN), Bison (? or USA), Vega (? or Spain), Ibuki (JPN), and Rainbow Mika (JPN) they would all be hypothetically covered by this flag arrangement too.

Edited by Daemos

The conclusions you have drawn out about JP on Resetra are logical@Ryce. In particular I enjoyed reading how you connected Oro's character story, his thoughts on Bison, to JP. Would be great if you share the full theory here for discussion. Presenting your ideas there is like casting pearls before swine. :bison:

7 hours ago, bakfromon said:

It's kind of bittersweet but now Ken is on the most level playing field he's been with his buddy Ryu since they're both these homeless wanderer's now.

Somehow, I doubt Ken is sleeping on the streets.

6 hours ago, Dracu said:

I hope Sean comes up down the line.

If Dan comes back a 3rd time before getting Sean back once, I'm gonna be pissed.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

If Capcom follow a 4 character plan for the seasons then it’s gonna get very tight. I have no idea how they will pull it off.

20 seasons.

Edited by DarthEnderX
18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Funny thought, since we know crypto exists in SF I'm willing to bet Shadowloo had their own crypto scam and called it Bison Dollar. 

Sending thousands upon thousands of suckers spiraling in despair after losing all their savings to BisonCoin is exactly something Shadaloo would do!

:bisontest:

41 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

20 seasons.

I would honestly be surprised if we get more than 5 seasons as PS6 is rumored to come out in 2028.

Also if you look at how much work goes in each character + the cosmetic DLC + the potential 2 new areas in WTM (Japan and "Europe"), it's really a lot more work than SF5's seasons. Like I didn't realize it until I saw all the trials and things you can do in WTM. It's a lot of work from so many different parts of development in tandem.

I hope their team is bigger otherwise I think 4 characters per season looks to be the new normal. They could turn it up if they are given a little extra money for an expansion pack like "MK11 Aftermath".

IF this is all true then:

- 1-2 or no more new characters for a while (SF5 S2 will never happen again).

- They will probably prioritize big names mostly for each season with the possibility of a 1 or 2 less known characters that slip through.

But again I *really* hope we get 6 without sacrificing quality.

16 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I would honestly be surprised if we get more than 5 seasons as PS6 is rumored to come out in 2028.

Also if you look at how much work goes in each character + the cosmetic DLC + the potential 2 new areas in WTM (Japan and "Europe"), it's really a lot more work than SF5's seasons. Like I didn't realize it until I saw all the trials and things you can do in WTM. It's a lot of work from so many different parts of development in tandem.

I hope their team is bigger otherwise I think 4 characters per season looks to be the new normal. They could turn it up if they are given a little extra money for an expansion pack like "MK11 Aftermath".

IF this is all true then:

- They will probably prioritize big names mostly for each season with the possibility of a 1 or 2 less known characters that slip through.

But again I *really* hope we get 6 without sacrificing quality.

I think that one of the producers confirmed that DLC characters will be integrated into world tour. That will be additional work on top of everything else.

I don't think will never get a SFV season 2 again. I can see Capcom using world tour as a testing ground for new characters. If Bosch ends up becoming a darkhorse I can see him being promoted to the playable roster.

Fuck Bosch. Give me Kalima! XD

Seriously going by all the potentials from the bits and pieces gathered (all conjecture)., I’m okay with these early seasons.

S2 - Dictator, Boxer/Claw, Sakura, Mika,

S3 - Ibuki, Elena, Hakan, Sagat/Adon

2-3 SF2, 2 Alpha, 2 SF3, 1 SF1 and 1 SF4. Seems balanced, but a little dry/predictable except Hakan.

That’s why I hope for 6, so they can allow less popular characters to join and be carried in a season pass.

Edited by Daemos
2 hours ago, Daemos said:

GOOD.  I don't need newcomers taking up muh DLC slots.

2 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

At this point @DarthEnderXyou deserve "everyone is here" lol

I'm not going to get EiH with this art style.

The only way to get EiH in SF is to have an art style that will still look great after 10 years of DLC.  Because it has to look good enough that'd you'd port it forward to the next console.  And that won't happen with SF6's realistic art style.  Realistic art styles always age poorly.

Contrast that to, say Xrd, with is a PS3 game, and still looks incredible today, because it's just trying to look like anime, and succeeding perfectly.

If I ever get my cel-shaded Alpha 4 game, THAT will be my only chance at getting EiH in SF.

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Flags without characters:

Kenya (Elena?)
Spain (Vega?)
Thailand (Sagat? Adon?)
Turkey (Hakan?)

Even if i would still need Dudley (unless i get Rog), it would be a pretty damn good selection

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Fuck Bosch. Give me Kalima! XD

Nah

Bosch can be the Pencak SIlat indonesian rep SF needs as we speak

Plus Bosch seems to have his own 3D model (i think same for DamnD and Rudra), Kalima seem made with editor tool guess she will stay NPC

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Seriously going by all the potentials from the bits and pieces gathered (all conjecture)., I’m okay with these early seasons.

S2 - Dictator, Boxer/Claw, Sakura, Mika,

S3 - Ibuki, Elena, Hakan, Sagat/Adon

2-3 SF2, 2 Alpha, 2 SF3, 1 SF1 and 1 SF4. Seems balanced, but a little dry/predictable except Hakan.

That’s why I hope for 6, so they can allow less popular characters to join and be carried in a season pass.

Hope for Muay Thai to join SF as late as Season fucking 3 should be ruled as crime against humanity

31 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I ever wanted new chars

But in SF6 all i ask is to be able to use my creations ingame in decent way (so not limited to WT or crappy hub)

33 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I'm not going to get EiH with this art style.

And yet your greatest chance of EiH is me going cocaine on SF6 editor, what a world we live in 😄

5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Hope for Muay Thai to join SF as late as Season fucking 3 should be ruled as crime against humanity

I’m only following the clues. Who knows what the order is (I think graffiti first). However there was a large new concept art of Sagat in Nakayama’s office next to the SF6 stuff. So maybe he comes sooner. Especially if 6 per season.

It’s a solid selection nevertheless. And if Hakan really is coming back, god I hope they fix his hair!

Edit- I think any NPCs from WTM will likely receive the Kolin treatment if they become playable (new model and everything). So I wouldn’t put too much stock in the quality of the model itself.

If the character receives a lot of airtime in the story (like Kolin) I think it’s a bigger indicator.

Edited by Daemos
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Why are you so averse to the series evolving itself?

i actually really hope we get a shock like SF5S2, it was something else and Capcom had real balls to pull it off with SF5’s launch. But maybe for the Super expansion or in later seasons. The base game has a lot of new characters compared to 5 so we can afford to focus on oldcomers for a bit.

49 minutes ago, Daemos said:

i actually really hope we get a shock like SF5S2, it was something else and Capcom had real balls to pull it off with SF5’s launch. But maybe for the Super expansion or in later seasons. The base game has a lot of new characters compared to 5 so we can afford to focus on oldcomers for a bit.

I would like for Capcom to bring back characters that been out of focus for a while cough*Necro, Remy, Sodom, Eagle* cough. I have no faith that they will so I want seasons largely consisting of newcomers. 

11 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Dan should be put into retirement as a side background character, Sean is some that is active in fighting & improvement in lore while Dan's lore is more retirement 

His Dojo is already in Metro City right next to the construction site Ken's working on. Ken's situation is even sadder when you realize Dan has become more successful in his business now and Ken has to see this while being a laborer😭spacer.png

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Why are you so averse to the series evolving itself?

Change is only good when it improves things.  Change just for the sake of having change benefits nobody.

I prefer my evolution in small doses.  Incremental change is easier to manage and ensure a certain level of quality.  Trying to change too much at once is a recipe for failure.  We don't need another SF3.

Edited by DarthEnderX
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would like for Capcom to bring back characters that been out of focus for a while cough*Necro, Remy, Sodom, Eagle* cough. I have no faith that they will so I want seasons largely consisting of newcomers. 

We need only look at the way they chose characters in SF5's season to understand the logic underpinning their selections with each pass. They need to package each season with 1 or 2 highly played/wanted characters (usually a shoto). These characters would then carry the other characters in the pass for the mainstream.

Akuma is the biggest shoto outside of Ryu/Ken, and he was able to carry an entire season of nobodies.

Sakura/Sagat are extremely desired shotos, Sakura more so, so Capcom can get away with crap like Falke in S3.

Season 4 had Evil Ryu, the other biggest shoto outside the 3, and he was able to carry a season full of freaks with the help of Poison (Seth, Gill, Lucia, and Honda are not exactly popular characters)

The final season had the least popular shoto - Dan and possibly with the help of Rose to do some heavy lifting.

----

Do you see the pattern? Each season seems to always have a shoto - a variant of Ryu, be it girl Ryu, dumb Ryu, Evil Ryu, or Evilest Ryu - to market the season. There are very few SF characters that are NOT shotos but have star power that can rival them.

This unfortunately creates a bottleneck in each season. If 15-30% of each season pass has to be one these "star" characters, then everyone else in SF are basically fighting for the remaining slots in addition to the new devs "ideas" for new characters.

I generally like the idea of SF5-S2, it's a nice treat for developers to flex their creativity especially after they give the bulk of the fanbase what they want (Season 1). But it won't happen in SF6 because they flexed in the base roster which means they need to give fans what they want during the seasons. Also they used the Akuma card already to carry stupid Ed and Rashid.

I don't think anyone here wants another Lucia or even Akira situation. As nice as it was to have a guest character, most of us would've wanted Eagle or Sodom.

The potential for Hakan is an interesting choice though. I did not see it coming. Would've preferred one of the SF3 freaks over an SF4 freak.

Edited by Daemos
25 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Change is only good when it improves things.  Change just for the sake of having change benefits nobody.

Agreed. 🙂

I know people think that bringing back the WWs in SF6 was a misfire, and to that I say that this is the best they have ever looked and played. That is evolution done right. This is progress to me and what I hoped would happen for a post-3S SF game.

If you are going to bring in "apprentice" characters for example to replace the predecessor, then they better make sure that not only is it necessary/wise, but also actually better because otherwise you will piss off the old and the new.

I love "new" characters that are GENUINELY and utterly new and good. Like characters that cover new stereotypes, nationalities, fighting styles such as Rashid and FANG.

43 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I prefer my evolution in small doses.  Incremental change is easier to manage and ensure a certain level of quality.  Trying to change too much at once is a recipe for failure.  We don't need another SF3.

speaking of change

whatever we need as a change is improvement and fix not radical change like 80%. it more like a total brand overhaul just plastering the name SF on it.

12 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I know people think that bringing back the WWs in SF6 was a misfire,

yet im all for diverse casting for initial roster, SFV Vanilla did it better

Edited by Shakunetsu
12 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

yet im all for diverse casting for initial roster, SFV Vanilla did it better

I think you have to take into account the 5-8 year time jump.

This is the first post-SF3 Street Fighter. We all missed the SF2 characters in SF3, and Capcom clearly wanted an entire new generation of characters. The only way to really do that without falling into the SF3 trap is to bring back all 8 WWs to carry 8 new characters. If the new characters are poorly received, people have the WWs to fall back on. But if the new characters are great, then everyone is happy.

The ones that stick out are Rashid and Ed, but I think they are here this early for story reasons.

I also think SF5 had the best and most balanced year 1 SF roster, but I can get behind what they are doing now (for now).

8 hours ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Issue#0 review.

What does JP want with artifacts? I hope we get some ancient temple sections of Nayshall in WTM.

Also Juri really needs to find something to do with her life. Going after graffiti artists is a new low for her. This is the same person that could singlehandedly take on an army of soldiers and Guile/Chun-Li.

9 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

SF6 is too much change at once. The world tour mode in its entirety is that. Open world, created characters, mix and match movesets. It could have easily been its own game. 

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Also they used the Akuma card already to carry stupid Ed and Rashid.

While i understand and agree with the overall concept the wording give me brain cancer 😆

We should definitely stop allign ourselves with capcom feedin crap-eaters pretending to agree that greater popularity = greater quality

In terms of product sure, more sales more success

But as fans we should be allowed to have greater expectation on devs integrity to wanting combine great sales with great quality

"Stupid" Ed and Rashid have each far greater uniqueness and help variety waaay more glorified sprite-edit Akuma wuld ever offer

We have no choice but to bend to marketing rules, but at least we could refuse pretend to believe their bullshit

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

SF6 is too much change at once. The world tour mode in its entirety is that. Open world, created characters, mix and match movesets. It could have easily been its own game. 

WT alone does'nt have the quality to be a PS5 era game, without SF brand pushing it

Character creation in SF as a fan is a dream becoming true, just wish they handled it waaaaaaaaay better, while i will probably have to wait Seasons to see it fixed (if they ever will)