Stage Select

NBA Thread - Rigged Edition

Steph has to be top 5. There's no way he wouldn't be considered at this point. He might have been a driving factor in teams encouraging the three point shot, but the stats actually show that 3 point shooting has become a less valued shot while Curry continues to win with it, along with his passing, handling, etc.

A cool video explaining shot value, skip to 14:14 if what I said made zero sense.

7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I honestly don't know who I'd put in my top 5 other than my obvious 3, Jordan Kobe and LeBron.

Real talk?

I'm picking Curry over LeBron. It's not even a diss or anything, but Curry straight up changed how the game is played worldwide and has proven time and time again that what he does on a court can't be replicated.

3 hours ago, Volt said:

Real talk?

I'm picking Curry over LeBron. It's not even a diss or anything, but Curry straight up changed how the game is played worldwide and has proven time and time again that what he does on a court can't be replicated.

Curry has the luck of having a very competent front office most of his career, LeBron not as much. Lebron is straight up better than Curry individually and statistically as a player. They both have 4 rings but LeBron was Finals MVP of every single ring and unequivocally the best player on both teams, plus he was getting it done defensively 

If you wanna talk influence, sure Curry has Bron beat, but from a straight up stats and skills perspective, LeBron can play every position on the court, has been playing at an elite level almost 20 years, so he wins IMO. I feel like Bron is downplayed because of his losing Finals record and ppl's personal dislike of him as a person

I feel like with Curry, ppl are prisoners of the moment right now, not knocking him whatsoever tho cuz he's definitely elite as fuck, but you take away KD from those two Warriors championships, Bron would have 6 rings

Edited by HD-Man

In terms of achievement, he is definitely a top 10 player. But if you're forming a starting 5, its really hard to make an argument of him over a lot of other more well rounded players.  He can shoot really well, but when make an all star 5 you could have Magic Johnson or Stockton passing to Shaquill O'neal and that'd be near broken TBH. But If you take Curry over some of those guys, you can't really say that he'd be a bad choice of a player either. Curry is definitely a beast.

13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

If you wanna talk influence, sure Curry has Bron beat, but from a straight up stats and skills perspective, LeBron can play every position on the court, has been playing at an elite level almost 20 years, so he wins IMO. I feel like Bron is downplayed because of his losing Finals record and ppl's personal dislike of him as a person

I feel like with Curry, ppl are prisoners of the moment right now, not knocking him whatsoever tho cuz he's definitely elite as fuck, but you take away KD from those two Warriors championships, Bron would have 6 rings

A big reason people shit on LeBron is  because people get caught up in dumb conversations for the sake of it. A lot of the athletes are hyper competitive even into their old age so they don't want to give newer players their flowers. Like when Golden State broke the single season record. Wtf do the 96 bulls have to do with the current season? but instead of spending time appreciating what was happening, almost all the media turned into a pissing contest.

Constantly comparing players to Jordan is a massive disservice to the players. I like some of the old physicality too, but a chunk of cleaning that up lead to players playing longer and making more money. Back in my day, yeah back in your day you didn't get paid shit compared to what they make now so 🤷‍♂️ . I'm glad Laimbeer popped you in the mouth for pocket change.

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

And that's my point. 🙂

All the rest doesn't really matter to me. Curry is unequivocably the best there is at what he does. It's not even remotely close to a contest.

Well, the rest kinda should matter since basketball is a game of skill..... but ok 🤷🏾‍♂️

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was expecting more of a back and forth. But both Denver and Miami have just been the better teams in these finals all the way through. The Lakers and Celtics don't suck, but the better teams have just been taking control when they need it and pushing them back. 

Really Nuggets vs Heat does have the potential to be a interesting match up. But I don't see the Heat having an answer to Jokic while Murray is healthy too.

Nuggets vs Heat has an interesting storyline going into it. First franchise finals with the guy who arguably got shafted for MVP by a notorious choker. Jimmy Butler coming up and potentially getting a ring finally. I think that's way more interesting than watching LeBron again tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Jokic is pure gold man.

The Joker baby!

https://news.italy24.press/trends/625855.html

"In an interview with ESPN he declared: “I drank more than 3 liters of Coca Cola a day”. One of his nicknames was, in fact, Fat-Cola. When he showed up in Denver he was 22% body fat. At the end of a dinner at an executive’s home that first night, he ate a one-pound tub of ice cream by himself, to the shock of those present."