Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Toonami thread: It's the weekend!!

sheeeeit, this new lineup is the real deal.... db super, my hero, shippuden (at a decent time for once), leading into Boruto, then new episode of db super, flcl, Attack on Titan and Jojo's.  This is so much better.... the only weak point in all that is actually FLCL for me, since I never know what the hell is going on in that show.... I only half-watch it because the alien girl is hot and the VA's voice for her is a key part of the hotness.

*props to Sasuke on the redhead... though he probably didn't hit tho... redheads are the real prime time.

*heh, "going beyond the limit breakkkk"... I can't get enough of that intro, man...

huh... Goku is up next against this "Jon Tailbain from Darkstalkers" lookin' dude...

Edited by MillionX
  • 2 weeks later...

I set the damn alarm and still missed 3 damn shows, man... 4 if you count old-ass DBZ at the start... I woke up but apparently forgot and just went right back to sleep again.  At least I caught DB Super though.... sheeeit, it seems like Whis can do anything, man.... baby not born yet?  *BOOM MAGIC SPELL* the baby's here NOW...and with no painful labor for the lady.  

haha, funny that Yamcha automatically assumes they'll try to recruit his sorry ass for the team. He doesn't realize he's the "joke character" on the roster🤣  Vegeta already summed him up years ago with my favorite line-- "clear the trash OFF the battlefield."

The Naruto ep  the,"Captain Ahab" episode:

Um, why does the fish have a rinnegan? 

Also, why does it have a Gundam's sword for a nose?  That fish really played nice by not running them through.

First question:  Never mind.  Looks like it was a victim of ,"That" jutsu..................or a ninja star to the face.  Still don't know about the weaponized nose though.  

ok yeah I had to do it... that theme from My Hero was recently added to my "Training Montage" playlist on the ipod.  the way that theme builds the hype is perfect as more exercise theme music.

sheeeeit, I'm barely following what's going on with Attack on Titan this time, even though I have not missed an episode.  I have some very simple taste, especially when it comes to anime... I really just want more cool action and violence.

Liking the Boruto so far.  It's kinda sorta following the old Naruto formula, but it's different enough in the right way to be exactly what it is, the son continuing where the father left off.  

Also:  Can Toonami start showing only Toonami type commercials?  That fucking Gumball commercial makes me want to throw people at oncoming dragons.

Yes brothers and sisters.  It is time for Mob Psycho 100.  Lets find out where this goes.  

EDIT:  Barely a minute in and mom gets the,"Damn you'se a bitch" award.  Poor kid bends a spoon and gets lectured until the food rots.  Throttle back a little before the kid blows his top.  From what I've learned, you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! First place gets the bondage treatment!!! Congrats Bakugo!!  You earned it!!

EDIT:  Also, what's up with bondage girl?  She shows a little skin and men faint at her feet.  Not sure what to say about that, but she chose the world of the heroes.  Yay for our side...............I think.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

amazing... Black Clover has managed to turn it around and get me hooked at this point....I've only been watching it again for the past couple of episodes.  I'm not sure this has ever happened before with me... usually if a show is terrible and fails to hook me in the beginning it's a lost cause.

Well one thing is slightly similar... I thought Smallville was bad in the beginning but I stuck around basically because of the hot girls, and it got much better later on.

Hunter X Hunter - bruhhhh "Godspeed" powerup is THE SHIT, man.  

*alien girl is so damn HOT on this show FLCL, man...goddamn she is one of the finest anime bitches ever, man....DAMN 😳

• 2 weeks later...

heh, this episode of DBZ was a classic, imo.... the one where Yamcha is firmly cemented in pure jobber, chump status.  Mannnn when I first  heard that line from Vegeta I laughed for a long time, man...

"Give them a moment to clear that TRASH off the battlefield." Nice. 😄

...and think about it... he got this guy killed with a lowly Saibaman... laughed about it...and ultimately STOLE his girl. 

lol. Yamcha looks at the Suicide Squad and said,"Beginners!! Amateurs!!  You call that death!?  I'll show you how to DIE!!"

yamcha.jpeg?rect=0,62,720,359&auto=forma

MHA did not disappoint.  Deku is learning the ropes quickly.  He'll be ready to slap bitches in no time. 

Also, this new commercial. Megalo Box?  I never even heard of this one.  Looks like on December 8th, I'll get my first look.

hahah that was another thing that was hilarious when I first saw it... when Chaotzu went all suicide-bomber on Nappa.... but it was all for NOTHING!  They even said "He blew himself up for NOTHING!!!"  As big-dawg Nappa floated there laughing🤣

*ha, and then Gohan letting the team down because he got scared... it wouldn't have worked anyway; Nappa was way out of their league.  Only Ape-form Gohan would've posed a serious threat to him.... and I suppose Krillin's Destructo Disc ability.

Edited by MillionX

In all honest, Black Clover has grown on me over the past few weeks.  It did start off pretty meh, but once they get down to the action it's a different story from before.  Hopefully we'll soon see the end of Discount Uvogin and we'll get on to the next chapter.  I've actually forgotten why they're down there in the first place.

EIDT:  This marks my 404th post.  If the machine had error'ed out it would've been perfect.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

yeah, I hated Black Clover at first but now I've been watching regularly the past couple of episodes.

and that makes me think, back on "URINE".....it would be funny if someone on Black Clover had "urine magic"....all spells involving magical manipulation of piss.  I envision this as like water-style jutsu from Naruto but y'know...with piss instead of water....haha piss-style.

I would've bought the My Hero Academia season 2 blu-ray but I noticed it said "part 1", and fuck that.  That's some bullshit from the old VHS days, when they'd just give you a couple of episodes per tape....at least back then it was understandable due to the limitations of the format, but there's no excuse now.  I always want full seasons each time.

hahah, Hunter is on...and now it's time for me to be endlessly amused by how that 1 guy's hair looks like a clump of doo-doo on his head.

Edited by MillionX

huh, that's 1 subtle detail I forgot about the Saiyan saga era.... Nappa was so much stronger/faster than everyone...and this was while he had heavy armor on...and of course Vegeta was significantly stronger than him.  Realistically, this is another example of a moment in a story where the good guys should NOT have eventually prevailed.

...such a shame that Nappa was a short-lived character.  

ohooooo I remember this was around the time that in the old censored version, Nappa blew up a helicopter or something and someone said "look, I can see their parachutes!  They're ok!"😄

*whoah...in this version Krillin actually calls it "Kienzan" instead of "Destructo Disc"!  I was not expecting that.

Edited by MillionX

MHA went down good as expected.  I liked watching the kids take down a monster that the hero association had been after for God knows how long.  Still, I'm betting everybody wants to know what's the tie between him and All Might, but that can wait.  Unfortunately I missed last week's JoJo, but thankfully it's as Million would call it,"A monster of the day" kind of format.  Missing one isn't going to throw the story off and I can catch up at my leisure.  Speaking of Jojo's  New intro.  It's okay.  Josuke:  The rat hunter.  🤣  Savage Garden ending though.  Meh.

EDIT:  Finally watched the first ep of Megalo box.  Nice.  Not too hard hitting (Yes, that was a pun wrapped around some irony) but it is enough to make me come back the next week.  The japanese are getting good at turning first episodes into cliffhangers that draw you in.  I like that.  

Edited by Deadly_Raver
  • 2 weeks later...