Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Toonami thread: It's the weekend!!

Well finally this season of JoJo got to the part that interests me... the main man, our Lord and savior DIO is on the scene and actually doing shit, folks.  It was funny watching characters confused by the "WORLD" stand/ability....that's top tier shit there, man... when your enemy has no idea what the hell is going on...with powers like that...even if they figure it out it is most likely too late at that point.  I am still not really down with the main concept here of characters not really intending to engage in battles directly though.  

Edited by MillionX

Stardust crusaders.  Yesterday was the episode where joeseph and Kakyoin ended up in a fight with Dio and got a taste of his stand, The World.  I won't spoil it beyond this:  They did NOT win.  I'm guessing there's  about two eps left, maybe three.  Jotaro might try to mix it up with dio next  week, but no idea where polnereff is.  It's closing in on the end either way.  I mean, we KNOW JoJo's gonna win. I can hardly wait to see how.

finally getting caught up... hell yeah that episode of Hero Academia was GOLD.  All Might is "that dude", man.... holy shit.

It's so great for this show to come along... the world was in desperate need of a new shonen/action show to be "the new hotness" now.  

*sidenote--the latest Jump Force trailer reveals that oh yes...the Bleach characters are in and hell YES that includes AIZEN.. 😮  yeah that is SO bought.

Well.  Two hot surprises for August 18th.  

1:  Looks like Attack on Titan has a third season. Also looks like we'll be getting it.

2: JoJo's Bizarre adventure will continue.  Next week is the end of Stardust Crusaders.  August 18th is the start of Diamond is Unbreakable.
3: Also, the return of OPM.  mid-August will be great.

On 8/5/2018 at 12:34 AM, MillionX said:

sheeeeeeeit, this is the shit... finally, Dio's arrival has made JoJo's great again.  There is no way anyone should realistically be able to beat this guy though.  If you have time-stop ability in addition to being a godlike super vampire... these people shouldn't stand even the slightest chance of surviving.

Also to add to that...after revealing his power, Dio during the opening for the episode, stops the intro long enough to get around Jotaro and position himself for the fight. Only other anime character to stop a music sequence was Aizen. No lie that was a kinda cool touch.

these bastards are trying to sneak the damn show past me, man... I just randomly checked out CN and My Hero Academia is already on... so I just got "lucky" catching it right now since they apparently moved it up in the schedule.  I guess this is because Attack on Titan is debuting at the 10pm slot tonight.

*as usual in this sort of story... the ones that don't look human anymore really got the raw deal... I'd love superhpowers, sure... but I'd still like to look human. (*though a monstrous transformation would be a cool power; I'll take that....sheeeit, I'd like to have the "vampire lord"form from Skyrim... or the Wizard's Archon from from Diablo 3...or just a general "monster form" of myself like Zarbon from DBZ)

Edited by MillionX

Okay.  that intro was fucked up.  Coulda let her have some damn breakfast at least.  

Josuke is.....................Another JoJo.  I don't even know if I could spoil it if I tried.  Let's just say that it's starting off on the same rails as the rest of the bizarre adventures, which is a good thing.

Just watched the hunter episode and it happened.   "Nobody has ever been that nice to me before!!" 

KuTyuw9.gif

LOL!!  Certain death stands before her and it's the kindest thing that's happened to her?  I'm fucking dying over here!  I guess Komiki is just gonna keep on giving the King those "L"s.

dammit I fell asleep even though I took a  nap earlier in the afternoon... now for the wait on it to appear on "OnDemand"... I really am just going to hook up that ancient VCR like I've said before and just do the "timer record" thing like back in the day.  I am not sure how it is on other services but here on Comcast, at least with CN Toonami, the shows don't even show up on there until Monday... I don't have their dvr function; I would most likely have to upgrade my level of service for that.  

Aw man!!!  Midoriya using those Dale Earnhardt Sr. tactics in a race.   You can't win if you're stuck in a wall.

EDIT:  Looks like a MHA movie will be in theaters somewhere near the end of September.  Commercial looked hype as the show.  Might be worth my time to get off my ass and go check for  it.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

hahah---My Hero Academia---- it was funny that the one kid made it through by using his BALLS to stick to the hot girl's back 😆  ...and oh yeah she is the finest on the show so far. 

As expected, the action sequences in Titan continue to be absolutely RIDICULOUS.  I'm loving it....worthy of the old ECW "HOLY SHIT!" chants.

DB Super -  I see they're at the point now with my favorite intro... I can't get enough of that intro and the song....I'm accustomed to hearing the original japanese lyrics though at this point but I still love it.

Pop Team is so damn terrible... I can't tolerate it.

Edited by MillionX

Damn and a half.  If there was any belief that this series of JoJo wasn't going to be action packed, that shit just got cured.   Killed a fucker and his little dog too.  Bloody good revenge for the kind of asshole who would let their stinking mutt shit anywhere they damn well please.  Still, Angelo looks like he's gonna be one of the ones to watch for the next week or so.  Hopefully the JoJos don't ora his ass too soon.

welp, THAT ended in true JoJo fashion.  Life inprisonment in..................THE ROCK.

Savage Garden?  Man.  I know that nothing we currently have can top Roundabout, but damn.  That just ain't gonna do it.  

................And they really should've went with 1000 words, or To the moon and back.  Just sayin.

well... Hunter doesn't seem like a show that's easy to jump in at any point.... since I never watched the beginning then naturally I have no idea what's going on, and don't really care about the characters yet.  I'd have to start this one over...but it seems like such a ridiculously long show.

sheeeeit, today's plan worked perfectly; I slept around 6 pm so I was good to go on seeing all my shows this time.  I'm still admittedly old-fashioned in that I prefer to see things on the original broadcast, as opposed to waiting on "OnDemand" to get caught up.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this fucking PS Vue.  Shit's been stupid all week, but I only noticed tonight because of you-know-what.  Man I ain't really trying to wait weeks for this bitch to clear out its problems, but I don't really see another answer.  Hopefully bitching at customer support will fix things by tomorrow.  Hopefully.  Unfortunately, that means I won't be giving any play-by-play tonight.  Maybe later.

13 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Man, this fucking PS Vue.  Shit's been stupid all week, but I only noticed tonight because of you-know-what.  Man I ain't really trying to wait weeks for this bitch to clear out its problems, but I don't really see another answer.  Hopefully bitching at customer support will fix things by tomorrow.  Hopefully.  Unfortunately, that means I won't be giving any play-by-play tonight.  Maybe later.

I switched to Youtube TV.  I like the interface better.  Maybe give that a shot instead?

On 9/17/2018 at 3:04 AM, Angel said:

Prison school had the greatest cavalry battle of all time.

giphy.gif

Gif only slightly related.

I bet she hates cold weather.  And clothing shopping.  You know Amazon ain't trying to deliver for her.

On the good news side, looks like PS Vue has corrected whatever problem it had and I caught up.  Unfortunately, there wasn't really anything worth reporting.  Meh.  While waiting, I stumbled across a series on YouTube called Armed Girls Machiavellism.  It ain't all that, but It's short enough to binge in a few hours if you happen to be trying to do some extensive work on a project while you're near a computer screen.  

sheeeit, I forgot to mention this earlier... but the "XCOPY" ability that one dude has... that's some REALLY good shit to have in a world like that with so many superhuman abilities have become a real thing.  That ability would be one of my top choices, even considering there's a time-limit... I'd assume you could just do the copy again and keep getting extra 5 minute intervals of using other people's powers....a longer time limit would be preferable, of course...like at least 25 to 30 minutes.

*DB Super--good to see we're at the point of that "Limit Break" song being the intro... I can't get enough of that shit, man... I recently downloaded it, both the japanese and english versions....they are now in my "Training Montage" playlist, perfect work-out theme music there. *edit-- aw man, they've cut the song already...the song and intro sequence still plays but it's now a noticeably shorter edit. 

Edited by MillionX