Stage Select

The One Piece Thread: Gear 4th!!!

Spoiler

So what y'all thinking goes wrong here for Saturn? I feel like we are going to see Kuma somehow influence the Pacifistas making them to rebel. Best case scenario is that it is all of them across the world and some of them were the ones that took out the Marine ships tailing the Egghead refugees.

19 hours ago, Wellman said:
  Hide contents

So what y'all thinking goes wrong here for Saturn? I feel like we are going to see Kuma somehow influence the Pacifistas making them to rebel. Best case scenario is that it is all of them across the world and some of them were the ones that took out the Marine ships tailing the Egghead refugees.

Spoiler

My slightly spicy  hope for 'what goes wrong for Saturn' is that the people showing up are the Revolutionary Army.  Egghead turning into a Kuma vs World Gov't story means this is 100% in their wheelhouse.  If Dragon shows up hype levels gonna be at 1000%.

Other obvious thing on-deck is that Luffy is almost fully recharged and ready to dance again.

Well then... 

Spoiler

Vegapunk really did plan ahead. He added a secret ultimate authority level to obey Bonney above the Gorosei...nice but not surprising it costed him life itself. I wonder with this new knowledge, will the government just push forward the next gen Pasfista and dismantle the Kuma models asap. 

Our old giant friends are back! It makes sense as we're planning on going to Elbaf next so this should mean we're going to be leaving Egghead maybe in the next chapter or two? Usopp will be happy to be reunited with his big bros. 

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

There's a lot to digest this chapter, but apart from the cool stuff like G5 Luffy duffing a Gorosei in the face and Sanji blocking a laser beam, Catarina Devon touching JayGarcia might be the most game-changing event this arc. If her copying ability is perfect it could mean through her Voidbeard gains control over the Seraphim since Gorosei don't need an authority chip, just their direct command! The balance of power could shift in an instant since Gorosei are unlikely to directly speak to these Seraphim normally and their hierarchy supersedes anyone else. This isn't even counting the other shenanigans, but I don't think Devon could infiltrate the Gorosei ranks because I feel their busoshoku haki/ instincts can sus out any such ability user.

It's crazy that I forgot about the giants halfway through this chapter! 

2 hours ago, Sacr3D said:
  Hide contents

So is Kizaru that shook at Sanji blocking his attack or is he shocked cause he was going to kill his former friends.

Spoiler

Got to see it as Sanji being strong enough to block his attack. I still think he is half passing his attacks and maybe feed Luffy. But even Franky was like "How you do that Sanji". 

Sanji breaking laws of science, criminal behavior for real.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got home to read.

Spoiler

That dual page layout of the five elders...WOW...But can our elder giants hang in this fight? To be fair we haven't seen them fully go all out so...I'm betting at best everyone escapes. I fear Dorry/Brogy won't survive the five elders as these opponents are the literal world government. Shoutout to Zoro for taking out Lucci. The man is gunning for jobber status now

@*.:White ShadoW:.*get in here bruv! this week was insane!

10 hours ago, Wellman said:
  Hide contents

I don't know which is better, Luffy becoming a baseball player complete with helmet or the giant robot finally getting the fuck up to do something.

Spoiler

I think in hindsight the giant robot was always going to be the deus ex machina answer to how overpowered the gorosei would be.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:23 PM, Sacr3D said:
  Hide contents

Luffy turning into a baseball player was something else.

This gets even crazier, the time compression he did in order to gnaw a tree into a baseball bat, paint it, get a baseball helmet from hammerspace and return all the venom droplets in one swing is pretty much reality warping. Luffy seems to be getting more used to his Toon Force capabilities and becoming more free. 

With the Gorosei, their immortality I figured is due to the Ope Ope no Mi immortality surgery performed on them throughout the ages, but the way they regenerate doesn't seem to be organic but transcends biology. They're literally reconstituting limbs from thin air. It makes me feel that their existence or abilities are born from Imu itself and not traditional mythical Zoan abilities. It also makes me wonder how ridiculously OP Imu is.

Another thing I noticed is Jinbei's reaction to their haki, all of them are crackling with conquerors haki in general and their speech bubbles seem inhuman.  Makes me think that their human forms are almost to suppress their bestial forms, which is something I theorized Kaido to have  earlier.  Nusjuro's speedy half-transformation made me think this could be true, but who knows?  (I really hope to see Nusjuro vs Zoro in the future!)

BTW, if anyone is keeping a tally— Lucci is currently 0-3 vs the Strawhats.  It's a pity Zoro couldn't finish the job.  

• 4 weeks later...

Finally Oda's back in action!

Spoiler

Nujsuro's silhouette with his katana dripping blood was badass, I gotta admit he looks like the scariest of the Gorosei to face 1 v 1.

Some things I noticed off the bat:

•  Marcus Mars' observation haki being so keen he could sense a Den Den Mushi is kind of crazy. Which leads me to...
  • Topman Warcury's armaments being so tough even Luffy's Red Roc which could penetrate Kaido's CoC coated exterior actually did damage! This might be the most impressive display of defensive haki thus far!
  • Luffy's transformation being reliant on food is interesting, and it seems the amount might matters as well, since he didn't go straight into Gear 5. 
  • I feel the Den Den Mushi is really a rouse and the countdown/ tampering is supposed to initiate some other device or contraption. Vegapunk is probably playing 4D chess with his reveal.
  • Stussy has barely had screentime and she's already putting herself on the chopping block. I have a feeling her abilities will allow her to survive.

All in all another incredible chapter!