Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread: Now Featuring Animated Avatars

a brief update on Bloodlines 2
https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/dev-diary-10-these-past-months-were-about-side-quests-and-traversal?fbclid=IwAR2sddfjDa2rPgtzCUjdBLv5aEbJc_PksHnv1QFMvROfVWFPHkoZ0HftcJ8

mainly they're apparently set and locked down the details of sidequests, and put more into the traversal aspect of things:

"*It always was central to our vision to make players feel like a vampire through gameplay. One side of it is to create this freedom in movements that a mere mortal could never experience. This led us to the decision to expand your baseline Thinblood abilities to traversal - you can use Chiropteran Glide, Mentalism Pull for specific objects or Nebulation through vents at any time, regardless of your primary Thinblood Discipline choice. We went through the game, particularly the hubs, and investigated all the ways we could make them even more exciting and seamless for you to use. These powers have been with us for a long time, and we can fully leverage their potential uses throughout all levels for puzzles, rewards, and perhaps some secrets for you to find.*"

For those weirdos like me who *still* hadn't bought DOOM 2016 yet... it's actually on sale now for $9.99 at least on Live....sale lasts for the next 11 days apparently.  I was already going to buy today or this weekend and noticed it just now.  I was going to get it last weekend at 20 bucks(!) but procrastinated yet again; good thing

something will have to get the boot though... my hdd only has 60 gigs left at this point and the game happens to be 60 gigs and some change.

In other news... the Batista Bomb is now in Gears 5 apparently

and today is the day Hyperparasite hits Switch (and the other consoles)

Gears 5---another good run on Horde mode...only 1 person disconnected!  This was set to "Beginner" though so it's not like there were any threatening  scenarios that happened...teammates only got downed on a couple of occasions... but naturally since I was playing as Jackbot, of course I had that covered.  Jackbot is the greatest support character I've ever had the pleasure of playing, man.  With a good Jack on the team you will cruise through all the waves unless we're talking something like Insane difficulty of course, where enemies just glance in your direction and you're downed.  

ohhh and that golden, perfect scenario occurred on wave 20.... Brumak shows up, and a pouncer spawns close to it.  This is always an amazing setup for Jack.  I hijacked the pouncer and demolished the Brumak in seconds.  Each of the "quills" that pouncer shoots from the tail does 610 points of damage, and it's a shotgun-like blast of quills... so at something like 10 to 12 quills we're talking at least 6,100 per shot, it's just SILLY  🤣Nothing can handle that kind of damage...and with the rate of fire there... in no time you've done what...4 hits for 24,000+?! Ridiculous.   Since the Brumak is obviously a huge target, it's impossible to even miss....so he's going to take every bit of that damage.  I also have that skill-card that makes it so hijacked enemies explode when it's over so that's even more damage to anything in the area when the creature I'm controlling dies or my ultimate ends.

Jackbot, man... THE greatest support character I've ever played.

Edited by MillionX

...some interesting details of how vamps will be soon ESO due to the Greymoor expansion

It really is a shame that this is an mmorpg though.  It's safe to say I will never be a big fan of that whole genre...and this is the final Elder Scrolls that will be worth a damn, sadly.  I have absolutely no hope in TES VI.  I think it will be a complete train-wreck and laughing stock of the industry just like Fallout 76 was.  F76 exposed that pitiful company for what it truly is.

There is another CDC points offer for the MS Rewards thing… it’s 2000 total again; claim first 1000 by clicking on it, then another 1000 for earning any achievement in any game… sheeeitttt, I’m sitting on quite a nice amount of points now…and those little gift cards worth $1.25 are only 1,600…at the very least this is adding up enough for me to get DLC for something…

haha and those little "rewards" that are only 5 points---I just realized that by "Check out this featured game!", it literally is just that.... checking it out on the store page; you don't even have to buy whatever it is.  I just got an extra 20 points by looking at the store page for Thief, Cuphead, and 2 movies.

edit---another annoying thing that will most likely become the norm in the near future----they will stop even putting "Requires an internet connection" in the description for these games.  I just checked Warhammer 40k Inquisitor Martyr again out of curiosity to see if it says that..... partly because I have a friend who's into the game that doesn't seem to believe me that it REQUIRES the internet to work.  Sure enough, these asswipes didn't bother to explicitly state the requirement anywhere in the description.  It does have the phrase "persistent world" in there, which should be an immediate red flag though....maybe they figure that's enough of an indicator, I guess.....just still seems like a shitty thing to not have it clearly stated.  There was another Warhammer game like this a few months ago; I forgot the game but it's not something I would've been interested in anyway...... unlike Inquisitor; basically it was a guaranteed day 1 purchase for me UNTIL I found out it requires a connection, even if you're just going to play solo/story....something that is still a ridiculous and unacceptable concept, imo.

Edited by MillionX

More Vampire stuff on the way... unfortunately for me it's more in the "visual novel" category, which I'm not a fan of.  (give me some 3rd person action/adventure more like Vampyr, or even an isometric "Diablo" style action-rpg and I'd be all over it day 1)

Diablo shenanigans---the "Gem of Ease" continues to be the most insane power-leveling item I've ever seen in a game; I got it up to level 30 or so then checked it out on a fresh character for a minute, just to once again see how fast this would go...
 Level 1 Witch Doctor.... went straight into "torment VI" difficulty.  I killed one enemy and immediately leveled up to 25. 😄 With each kill it kept jumping up by "chunks" of levels.  In a couple of minutes this character was already level 50.

(*Reference-- this item "Gem of Ease" turns down the level requirement of a level 70 weapon to 1, so a new character can equip it...the result is a character that's 1 hitting with the attack power of a level 70.  It also adds bonus experience to each kill.  You can further boost the exp gain in other ways too.)

Also...

🤣 Actually, I forgot that game even existed.  I'm not a fan of the "battle royale" thing in the first place.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:22 PM, Angel said:

ppl really be acting like these wack ass walking/ladder climbing  simulators are the epitome of gaming because they have good graphics with a modicrum of actual gameplay.   Shit is wack

anyways this exist

Greatest crossover of our time.  Look how Rock wields that spatula.  GLORIOUS.

Hell YEAH! I'm so glad someone swiped this "Nemesis" idea once again...now it's in Doom Eternal!!!

• Empowered Demons
  • * When a player is killed in the single-player campaign, the demon that felled them is beefed up and transported to another player’s game to fight again! Take out an Empowered Demon and you’ll not only be rewarded with tons of health and ammo, but also bonus XP to progress in-game events.

I'm a big fan of that shit ever since Diablo 3... I wouldn't mind if this concept just kept making the rounds...it would be a long time before I got tired of seeing it, actually.

haha I don't think the handicap---I mean PC-version of D3 ever got the nemesis monster, actually. I'm sure that side of the fanbase would downplay it like it's nothing though, of course. 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/15/doom-eternal-major-update-empowered-demons-and-more-xbox/

Delicious.

yeah, "games as a service" is the worst possible thing to happen to the industry, imo... of course I'm sure most game dev companies feel the exact opposite for obvious rea$on$

On another note--- Mortal Kombat continues to make dream match-ups possible:

Delicious.

^I was actually thinking of getting that soon... though for me it would be *kinda* tough going back to street-level shenanigans when you get to be so godlike with the superpowers in part 4. (*they really should've just made part 4 a new franchise unrelated to SR, I think.

On another note... holy goddamn SHIT look at UI Goku, man....

*Banderas.gif 😳🥒