Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

2 hours ago, Dracu said:

Deep Fake Ken's hair reminds of SFV Battle Outift Ken's hairstyle. At least that's what I think they were going for.

Deep Fake Ken is awesome idea for two reasons

-Links incredibly well with JP saying vids content can be used as a powerful weapon

Spoiler

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/comics/assets/images/story1_en/19.jpg

- I was in fear he could be some Neo Shadaloo mutant freak with shapeshifting abilities, would have given Capcom strong chance to throw at us some crap Evil Ken shotoclone for the shit-eating crowd.

If is just deep fake video thing they have no excuse for it 🤞

7 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

- I was in fear he could be some Neo Shadaloo mutant freak with shapeshifting abilities

You really don't think highly of Capcom lol.

I thought it was a PP-brainwashed Violent Ken at first because of the hair (SvC: Chaos played with the idea in a concept art) but it's clear JP doesn't like to get his hands dirty. Bison would've been less surgical.

Anyway this whole Deep Fake/Amnesia thing is very timely and in the spirit of the times. I like it a lot, and it really sets Terra NP apart from SS and Shadaloo.

Edited by Daemos
9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm so confused now. Chun's bios say that she retired from Interpol but she's leading the investigation on Ken here. I have to guess the last time they met was during SF3 as she was rather vague in her response.

May be because she lost Ken while he was under her custody before the events of SF6, plus they likely know them being friends and suspect she let him escape

Btw even if she did'nt helped him, let Ken being hold under arrest by one single cop was hilarious stupid move, knowing Ken's character and abilities

Could be that in SF6 she just gave her resignation

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

I thought she did that at the end of 3S in her ending? But either she came back for this special assignment or the prequel story will end with her resigned like you said.

@ShockDingo

Notice the similarity with JP match winpose (timestamped)? 

The plot thicc'ens!

Edit- Moment 37 is canon?!?

twNKEe8.jpg

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

The plot thicc'ens!

Edit- Moment 37 is canon?!?

twNKEe8.jpg

Chun-Li: The last time we met was at a tournament.

Ken: ... Yeah, I don't remember.

Chun-Li: You parried my faster-than-lightning kick before you kicked me in the face?

Ken: Uh... well, I...

Chun-Li: It's got over 7 million views on FooTube?

Ken: C'mon it probably wasn't that special...

Chun-Li: They named a historical moment after you beating me up! And to make matters worse, Li-Fen never lets me hear the end of it!

Ken: ... ... ... This is awkward... How is the little girl doing btw?

Chun-Li: Good, thanks for asking.

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

May be because she lost Ken while he was under her custody before the events of SF6, plus they likely know them being friends and suspect she let him escape

Btw even if she did'nt helped him, let Ken being hold under arrest by one single cop was hilarious stupid move, knowing Ken's character and abilities

To be fair to Chun, Ken had a gun shot wound, head trauma and she threw him against the wall moments before calling Li Fen. Ken was in no shape to make an escape.

Just a side thought but how many times has Chun come out of retirement to become a cop? She quits after 2 then is back for 4+5. She's supposed to be retired during 3 and 6 but I guess since Ken is one of her friends she's back out of retirement? But only for this case because during WTM she's back to being retired. 

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I thought she did that at the end of 3S in her ending? But either she came back for this special assignment or the prequel story will end with her resigned like you said.

Well, would be a small retcon, can see it happen tbh

Just watch how SFV already changed some SF3 events (Gill-Urien stuff)

56 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

To be fair to Chun, Ken had a gun shot wound, head trauma and she threw him against the wall moments before calling Li Fen. Ken was in no shape to make an escape.

Well, guess lot depend how much they want tone down SFers to more human level in the comic... for many versions of SFers we seen in various media one gun shot in the arm would not be much big deal, just remember ASF Chun knocking down a steel gate that would give a bulldozer a run for his money 😄

In my headcanon a fighter of Ken level with 3 limbs still working could probably take out a SWAT team knocking each fucker out cold, or at very least successfully escape

I can see it as a decent advantage that at elite levels allow Chun to put Ken to sit on his ass like she dit, but fact itself she had to use force to make him stay there should have hinted that maybe let a single cop (even if good) alone with him was'nt best idea

Seems just one more wrong decision of her interpol career lol

To be fair, could really be just udon bullshitting us by not writing properly what a SF char should be able to do... effectively see Ken having to do the wound trick raise eyebrows lol, one could argue Ken does'nt need it

But playing devil's advocate for udon, that choice may be due Ken wanting to be 100% sure to create the scenario where he could knock the cop uncounscious with the very least possible risk of harm him, so he wanted trick him into lower his guard and get him close enough to left basically no reaction window... like get him where he could just swift tap him on the chin or even just choke him out, surely seems a scenario where he can keep violence level at minimum compared to have to flying spinning back kick the poor fucker (who's just doing his job) across whole room 😄

Edited by CESTUS III

I'm waiting for Shadaloo boses and Secret Society DLC and World Tour incorpration

Along with Guest and HIDDEN Challenge NPC that are related to Shadaloo Bosses and Secret Society. 

What if Bison became a non-playable character but a Challenge instead? Along with Claw? Same with other Secret Society boses

I wonder what would be the reaction?

6 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Just a side thought but how many times has Chun come out of retirement to become a cop? She quits after 2 then is back for 4+5. She's supposed to be retired during 3 and 6 but I guess since Ken is one of her friends she's back out of retirement? But only for this case because during WTM she's back to being retired. 

I mean any news of "Shadaloo remnants" is bound to send shivers down her spine, so maybe that brought her back. She also seems to working on something bigger involving money laundering as she mentions with Li-Fen.

4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What if Bison became a non-playable character but a Challenge instead? Along with Claw? Same with other Secret Society boses

Looking at all the available information, I think there is a very high likelihood that Dictator and Boxer are slated to return in the next season. I would've preferred Dictator and Claw, but more likely it is Boxer. Not sure how and if they will be incorporated into WTM, but they wouldn't go to the trouble of including extremely popular characters then making them unplayable.

12 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

I can see it as a decent advantage that at elite levels allow Chun to put Ken to sit on his ass like she dit, but fact itself she had to use force to make him stay there should have hinted that maybe let a single cop (even if good) alone with him was'nt best idea

I find it interesting that she pulled a gun on him. She only ever pulled one on Bison in the canon (maybe Vega?). This just goes to show how much damage was done to Ken's reputation that even his good friends are suspicious.

41 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

If they did simple retcon,  would be like

Chun Dad 🪦

SFA - SF2  👮‍♀️

SF2 ending 💃

SF4 Bison return 👮‍♀️

SF5-SF3 👮‍♀️

SF6 prequel 👮‍♀️

SF6 👩‍👧

EDIT: actually would be even easier, if instead straight ignore SF3 retirement, they just transform it into Chun took a break from Interpol to take care of Li Fen

Edited by CESTUS III

@CESTUS IIIThis is accurate.

I'm guessing in the time between 3 and 6, Chun-Li primarily wanted to put more focus on opening up her school, taking care of kids, and li-Fen. While at the same time, her Director role in Interpol would give her less time in the field and more time closer to home, where she can flip flop between the two when needed.

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever
27 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I find it interesting that she pulled a gun on him. She only ever pulled one on Bison in the canon (maybe Vega?). This just goes to show how much damage was done to Ken's reputation that even his good friends are suspicious.

That's because she's acting as an Interpol agent arresting him, and not as Chun Li

Actually apply correctly the procedure allow her to follow personally the case despite them being friends and eventually clean Ken's name if he's innocent

She even tell him "for your own safety"

Kinda opposite reason (but same concept) she does this vs Bison

Spoiler

Cpt. Retro Ghoul on Twitter: "Chun Li don't need no gun to take M. Bison  down. #StreetFighter https://t.co/mMQsbTX8pe" / Twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXdkiAxXsAAZC-P?format=png&name=small

She throwing away the gun is like to say she's not going to face him as a cop, but as Chun Li

3 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

If they did simple retcon,  would be like

Chun Dad 🪦

SFA - SF2  👮‍♀️

SF2 ending 💃

SF4 Bison return 👮‍♀️

SF5-SF3 👮‍♀️

SF6 prequel 👮‍♀️

SF6 👩‍👧

EDIT: actually would be even easier, if instead straight ignore SF3 retirement, they just transform it into Chun took a break from Interpol to take care of Li Fen

Retcons aside, I thought she was retired for a second time during SF3 to do her teaching. Ryoredcyclone mentioned this during his blog post for Li Fen during SFV story.

spacer.png

I also had assumed that when Li Fen was kidnapped by Urien that she conducted her own private investigation. So her retirement count by SF 6 would be up to three. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm curious about this date on her ID badge

4Wl9HZH.png

She joined Interpol in January 75?

They should had convey her membership with interpol through other ways

Or just words without the need to showing ID, they are already having problem with Age consistency and years.

They dont really need to validate anything about that to the readers

Saw the stream and it was fun. Random details that stuck out to me;

From the stream they showed some world tour mode:

-Canary Crate gang are trying to rise up; they're a new gang and have shabby boxes compared to the nicer Mad Gear ones
Possible that Mad Gear revival rose up from this and once successful left stragglers to rot? Or they're just copycats?

-Bosch picking several fights with Canary Crate gang, looking for info on Mad Gear (17.58)

-According to one Canary Crate member,  Mad Gear now tied to a huge organization

- The team Did a TON of stuff with mocap, even Blanka's rolling attacks. They used wirework

-Tried an oil painting style, but devs thought it looked too close to SF5 so went with current SF6 style

-Junkyard Smallz mentions the prez aka Abigail, ran off somewhere & the surge of Mad Gear goons 4:24

-When designing Kimberly, they went through a lot of concepts, at one point thought of cyberninja

-During the unboxing did a close up of the Lilith sticker and put focus on it. (Here's hoping for DS in the future hah)

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

Retcons aside, I thought she was retired for a second time during SF3 to do her teaching. Ryoredcyclone mentioned this during his blog post for Li Fen during SFV story.

I also had assumed that when Li Fen was kidnapped by Urien that she conducted her own private investigation. So her retirement count by SF 6 would be up to three. 

And i agree with your perspective, i only remember Chun Li as kung fu figure in SF3, i ever associate it with these ending pieces with her teaching kung fu to kids

Also the way she resqued Li Fen from Urien (with their little challenge/game) did'nt felt like much an interpol mission, just her going alone in some G-Project base and making an one-to-one agreement with Urien

I'm only saying that i think they may ignore her second retirement happening during SF3 and make it happen right after SF6 prequel

Actually now that you make me think about it, it's even more tricky lol

When they made her retired in SF3 back in 1999, has been likely made as direct sequel of SF2, so her being retired in SF3 was'nt he "second quitting" but still same retirement from SF2 ending

Street Fighter Ending GIF - Street Fighter Ending Sf2 - Discover & Share  GIFs

linking directly with

Justin Wong on Twitter: "OMG CHUN LI LOOKS SO GOOD BRUH WHO IS JAIME AND  THE OTHER FEMALE CHAR?!?!" / Twitter

I think is only after SF4  came out (adding bunch of fresh new shit happening right after SF2) that we had a Chun that returned being a cop in the gap between SF2 and SF3, because before SF4 existence there was nothing between SF2 and SF3 😄

Back in 1999 release SF3 Chun was still ok to live normal life after Bison been -somehow- destroyed in SF2

SF4  made the first retcon making Chun return as cop after SF2, something that iirc was'nt mentioned in SF3TS

6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Why is Velma in this comic?

Chapter 2: A Good Fake

"Jinkies Scoob! It seems that Ken was really innocent after all, and the real wrongdoer was no other than a certain Johann Petrovich, who wanted to frame Ken Masters in order to take over Nayshall!"

"Yes, and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids and that dog of yours!"

Edited by Phantom_Miria

Here's a funny item from WTM. It's called Gelato Incubo translates into (Ice cream Nightmare). It's what looks to be Ice cream topped with Guile's most hated food Natto! It's effect actually weakens the player. 

spacer.png

Fact is actually stranger than fiction as this concoction actually exists!

spacer.png

I wonder if this is the present you can give to Ryu to have him like you more to teach you his ways. Of course if you give it to Guile he might just Somersault Kick you in the teeth. 🤣

Edited by bakfromon

Here's a look at the World Tour Map from the Developers stream. Not sure if it will be presented like this in game but it gives us an idea of where they say the different places you'll vist are located. spacer.png

Biggest take aways are where Nayshall is located and Metro City. Nayshall looks like it's close to Nepal and Bhutan without actually eclipsing either while still being located in real world China. 

Metro City has moved again for the third time in SF history (they can never pin point an exact location lol). Now it looks like it isn't even in the USA like it's stating. It's as far North as to be on the border of Ontario and Qubec next to the Hudson Bay in Canada. I wonder if they got the Hudson River confused with the Hudson Bay because Metro City is supposed to be NYC🤣

Edited by bakfromon
8 hours ago, mikros said:

According to Nakayama, Chun Li's partner Tsujimoto is inpired on one of the soldiers in Van Damme's movie, played by kenzo Tsujimoto.

Ok so this confirms that the Nayshallese looking man from a few pages earlier is not Tsujimoto (unless he got a tan).

@bakfromon

I honestly think that is an error (referring to Metro City). We can clearly see the Statue of Liberty in Metro City so unless Capcom are officially changing the location of Liberty Island in its universe, then Metro City is in New York state.

I don't think it would be such an issue were it not for the fact that in some SF games they make reference to New York city (SF3 comes to mind), like if we could just retcon all these it'd be great.

But I like this direction of Capcom-only cities/countries for plot. It means they can cherry pick the best RL parts and get creative if they want.

We'll see if Japan and Europe get a city too.

6 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

"Yes, and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids and that dog of yours!"

This guy is racist as fuck! BLANKA IS NOT A DOG!!!!

Credits to SF Reddit's u/altanass:

1. You can create music playlists
  2. Modern controls purpose was to attract a wider audience but also controller types accessibility. (No other questions on modern controls or concerns of it)
  3. They wanted a character with a staff, and JP's style is based on a real fighting style
  4. Luke's forearm's are huge because of his fight style and to contrast to Jamie being more slender
  5. PS4 crossplay to other platforms confirmed
  6. Go and bond with JP and you might see other characters (like his cat)
  7. It takes 2 years or more to create and develop a character
  8. Devs main Marisa, and Deejay respectively
  9. End of SFV overlaps with 3, and SF6 is of course after 3
  10. Marisa was made because the devs wanted a Large Female character, and based her on pankration
  11. Animations are (mostly) mo-capped and then tweaked
  12. Devs had a clear idea which legacy characters to bring back, but new characters took a long time to conceptualize.
  13. SF6 contains everything devs wanted in a street fighter game. Including World Tour.
  14. Jamie was originally an older character but was then made younger and then a breakdancer. His animations were created by two different people (breakdancing v drunken boxing)
  15. World Tour cinematic was created by the capcom staff who did Marisa and Luke's design. Arcade illustrations are done internally and externally.
  16. They had tried an oil painting style before the realistic style but it seemed too similar to 4. They then settled on the realistic style because the new characters have a more civilian style
  17. Music was composed internally. Sound team settled on a theme and found the right fit. The hip hop theme is of course within previous titles, but they wanted to bring a more modern sound.
  18. Kimberly was the most difficult to design. Even with the underlying concept, the direction to take her was difficult. Chun Li was difficult to finalise as many had different ideas.
  19. New system mechanics were designed because SFVs were easy to execute but the moves were different per character and that caused stress, but with the SF6 system its universal so the characters are more uniform and you know what each mechanic will basically do on all characters. Players can then learn each mechanic one by one as universal building blocks.
  20. Ken is a more integral part of the story because ... he's a popular guy. We have the World Tour and also the prequel comics. (They didnt really answer the question most likely due to spoilers)
  21. Fighting games retain communities no matter their age, and World Tour is designed so new players can get to grasps with the game so they can meaningfully play against other players.
  22. There was a strong need to cater to an audience who wants to know the lore hence World Tour and who might not necessarily want to play the normal modes
  23. The Mad Gear collection box takes 3 grown men to open, but it's worth it for the Lilith from Darkstalkers sticker it comes with. Note: Capcom's most expensive edition does indeed come with a copy of the game unlike a certain other game developer. The artbook is designed as in-lore magazine (or at least the cover is). You can wear the box like an in-game Mad Gear goon. The box is so good that the interpreter does not even interpret for over 5 minutes.
  24. Reminder: open beta next week

I've highlighted the parts that stuck out to me.

I think #7 is interesting. I knew it takes about 18 months to create one character, but 2 years or more just goes to show you how much work goes into these. I think it also helps explain why we hear about Rose and Oro appearing in SF5 years before they actually show up.

#14 I think could be Lee or Gen's Appentice.

Edited by Daemos
8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Falke is in shambles. 

I honestly don't think we're gonna see Falke (or any Neo-Shadaloo members, but especially Gorilla) as anything other than NPCs in WTM. Falke IMO was a failed attempt at a staff character. She could've been so much better. Just useless and stiff (pun!).

12 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Metro City has moved again for the third time in SF history (they can never pin point an exact location lol). Now it looks like it isn't even in the USA like it's stating. It's as far North as to be on the border of Ontario and Qubec next to the Hudson Bay in Canada. I wonder if they got the Hudson River confused with the Hudson Bay because Metro City is supposed to be NYC🤣

Idk what bullshit they do with location but Statue of Liberty to me seal the deal 😄

8 hours ago, Daemos said:

But I like this direction of Capcom-only cities/countries for plot. It means they can cherry pick the best RL parts and get creative if they want.

We'll see if Japan and Europe get a city too.

I'm fine for story locations, but i hate it if we start get characters from made-up places

Good example would be Bosch if really ends up be from Nayshall, burn great oppurtunity of get Indonesian/Pencak SIlat rep

Getting reps from RL nations ever been very core thing of SF, one thing i LOVED was see SF6 concepts getting flags... it mean they still have heart at right place, loved also how most of new stages have strong national vibes

Every char getting personal stage in their super stereotype nation was such great part of SF2 charm, sadly we lost it in follow up chapters, but at least SF6 so far gave almost everybody a place that can work as "home"

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Falke is in shambles. 

Never Heard Of Her GIFs | Tenor

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

#14 I think could be Lee or Gen's Appentice.

Yeah i think  Jamie owes lot to this guy

First Round of Characters | Concept / Rejected Art | Activity Reports |  CAPCOM:Shadaloo C.R.I.

also, his moveset is also born stealing whole idea from another dropped concept

Neo Donkus on Twitter: "@illusClaire shoutouts to King Cobra, a potential  SF4 character who never made it past the concept stage. Another Gi Guy, but  the little changes go so far in

This guy was supposed to fight using a personal mix of kung fu and breakdance, they even made up the name for the style: Breaking-Fu 😄

On 5/11/2023 at 7:24 PM, Hawkingbird said:

Is there an established character you guys want to see show up in world tour? I'm hoping to see Dean from Final Fight 3 and an adult Roy and Tiffany from Rival Schools.

Well, as start i would like see them show as many former playable SFers as possible, nice way to include them even if they will never make it into SF6 cast

I liked they dig in the past as far as SF1 Retsu, hope to see rest of SF1ers too... to begin with i expect to see Eagle, who's helping Ken in SF6 apparently

From non-playable cast i want to see the most

-Can't even imagine Rashid without Azam or Necro without Effie

-Would like to see D.D. and Rook, they was cool and was sad CFAS being cancelled resulted in them disappear

Spoiler

Capcom Fighting All Stars/capcom fighitng all stars | JCR Comic Arts

same for Avel

Spoiler

cfas04.jpg

-As many Neo-Shadaloo freaks as possible, think there's potential for pretty unique/original stuff involving Ed part of the story

Spoiler

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition |OT| Gone Gold | Page 288 | ResetEra

- Delta Red team, ever been some of the coolest NPCs of SF

Spoiler

Cammy White finally has a costume that gives her pants in Street Fighter. |  Page 6 | ResetEra

-Belger! This guy used to be underworld king of MC, but never touched SF beyond very small stage cameos
He's full of tricks, can make fun bonus fight

Spoiler

belger-finalfightcd-artwork.png

-Tom, i think he have some truths to unveil, even if WT maybe will not be best place for it

Plus ever been curious what his fight style could look like

Spoiler

The Street Fighter Code – Street Fighter Game Lore Theories

-Grown up Maggio be JosephJoestaresque to keep the Menat/Maggio-Caesar/Joseph parallel alive 😄

Spoiler

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/cHvogcarT9qySy1-8DzJjAB7si-SntlbbDhXn8YERQADj1cPc3V_5m6uLZVYD9SEt1KhKpjWkIMZyF_BrXekNkKm-J1uBEtUHuKjoWRaICMcrCjzmPoQqo5Y472wE8t1IbVJL80kZQ=s1600

-SF3 judge girls

Rare SF3 judgement screen - Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

-Ninjas of Ibuki's village

Spoiler

Street Fighter III: New Generation - Animated Stages / Backgrounds - Art  Gallery

-Never understood the deal with this guy, looked like he had the potential to become an actual SFer able to rival Guile... then never gone beyond be a background NPC idiot lol

Spoiler

Byron Taylor is still holding secrets within Street Fighter 5's story and  we finally have an idea as to what they might be

-These two guys, definitely.

Street Fighter Intro GIFs | Tenor

Need to see them many years later still throwing jabs and straights in front of a crowd next to that building

Would give me nostalgia lol

We even had a new updated version of Max in SFV, getting beated up by Alex

-We owe this guy a fight, 99% sure will happen lol

karin-btlr3.gif

11 hours ago, Daemos said:

I honestly think that is an error (referring to Metro City). We can clearly see the Statue of Liberty in Metro City so unless Capcom are officially changing the location of Liberty Island in its universe, then Metro City is in New York state.

It's a made up city and it can be placed wherever the developers want to place it. Regardless of the fact that it may look like New York City. 

In SFA Metro City was placed on the West Coast. This contradicted FF and after that they've held steady in placing it on the East coast closer to where New York would be.

Now's it looks like they put it in Canada. So either the developers this time around are as good at geography as Luke is or they put the location there for other reasons. 

All the other locations are where they're supposed to be except for the USA. Guiles aircraft carrier should be over water but its clearly marked on land. It looks like it's close enough to North Carolina which has multiple bases so that makes sense too. 

Even Nayshall which is completely made up just like MC is somewhere close to where it would make sense given what they're depicting in the game. Nayshall is somewhere in the Himalayas maybe Tibet. We'll see when the game comes out but mistake or not they say Metro City is geographically in what we consider Canada.

Just blame the map on Luke if things don't make sense. Nigeria is in South America and Metro City is in Canada which is definitely apart of the USA.

Edited by bakfromon