Stage Select

The NFL Thread: 2024 Offseason: THE DRAFT IS HERE, ATLANTA STOLE CHAD'S PENIX

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

I dig what Prime is doing for TNF, but I do NOT like the digital white line graphic used to mark the line of scrimmage on the field. It looks too much like the actual lines on the field.

I'm honestly not impressed with quality of the stream . It looks like the 720p quality YouTubeTV had when I first signed up for it.

1 o’clock (EST) was prime time for comeback season today. Eagles, cowboys, jets, and I think the Bills all came back to win after initially trailing. I only watched the Eagles game but seems like a lot of good close games. 

Also coming to this season I definitely did not expect us to be a 4-0 team. I know scheduling and weather today are factors but it’s still cool to see after last season.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

Unless it's Primetime 😂

He got a playoff win to his name, that's a lot more than some other QBs listed above him right now.

I blame a lot of his earlier problems in Prime Time on the fact that he was playing on the garbage Deadskins for most of his career. 

Edited by Psychoblue
15 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

That Vikings defense couldn't stop a sneeze but maybe it's time we just admit that Kirk Cousins isn't a bum. There's been a good number of clutch comebacks from him now.

seriously-laugh.gif

If the games on the line and you need to have the win, Kirk ain't it my friend. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
28 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

He got a playoff win to his name, that's a lot more than some other QBs listed above him right now.

He did, and I was super stoked. But the dude is still inconsistent in prime time. Which sucks because he can definitely lead a comeback drive. He's a great QB, but the inconsistency is super frustrating. I'm hoping he can get over the mental block or whatever it is with this new system and KOC coaching him, but the game against the Eagles has me worried.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's an insult to trash bags. Why they wasted cap space and draft capital on Costco brand Prince Harry is beyond me. It's organizational malpractice. 

I dunno, when Wentz has time, he plays pretty well.  But we've only seen that in one game this year, the first game, and then in the second half of game 2.  The past 2 games he simply has had zero time.   

I'm not saying he's Tom Brady, but with the line in shambles the way it is right now, no quarterback is going to do a damn thing. 

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I dunno, when Wentz has time, he plays pretty well.  But we've only seen that in one game this year, the first game, and then in the second half of game 2.  The past 2 games he simply has had zero time.   

I'm not saying he's Tom Brady, but with the line in shambles the way it is right now, no quarterback is going to do a damn thing. 

Wentz holds onto the ball way too long. Our Online isn't playing great but a lot of the sacks he takes in on him. Remember when he was with the Eagles our D-Line sacked him 8 times? Our D-Line was playing well  that day but his tendency to hold onto the ball helped. It's like his internal clock is two seconds behind. It sort of reminds me of RG3 before he got benched. He was getting sacked at a high rate and when he got benched for Cousins our line looked better because he was getting the ball out on time. If we picked him up as  free agent it would be one thing but we gave up assets for him. And the cap hit cost us our D-line depth.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wentz holds onto the ball way too long. Our Online isn't playing great but a lot of the sacks he takes in on him. Remember when he was with the Eagles our D-Line sacked him 8 times? Our D-Line was playing well  that day but his tendency to hold onto the ball helped. It's like his internal clock is two seconds behind. It sort of reminds me of RG3 before he got benched. He was getting sacked at a high rate and when he got benched for Cousins our line looked better because he was getting the ball out on time. If we picked him up as  free agent it would be one thing but we gave up assets for him. And the cap hit cost us our D-line depth.

I know he holds the ball too long, and yeah, some of those sacks were 100% on him.  I never said otherwise.  His pocket awareness is awful.

But he's also not incompetent enough to put in noodle arm Heinicke or Howell.  Those guys will get obliterated as well.  Neither of them are NFL starter caliber and hopefully Howell can be at some point.  With RG3 there was a competent QB in Cousins right behind him.  We don't have that luxury right now.

If Wentz went to FA, there is no chance he would have came here.  I'm glad we didn't end up with Trubisky though.  He's been benched for the Steelers first rounder.

3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Today I bought my Cousins jersey to annoy all the Deadskins fans here in RVA. Cpt. Kirk is likely going to retire holding all of the Vikings passing records and that garbage defense is going to ensure whatever he, JJ and Cook do amounts to empty stats.

What should have been a blowout win instead turned into yet another Cousins led comeback. 

I didn't realize you're in Richmond, that's cool. I don't have any beef with Skins fans. I just can't stand Snyder and what he did to that team. It's a great fanbase though. I watched the end of the Commanders game and was hoping they'd pull out the W. That was a tough loss.

As for the Vikings, yeah they shouldn't have let the Bears come back. But it was a divisional game and those are tough. And the Bears did that to the Niners in Week 1 and got the win. They're not as bad as their record, and I don't trust the Vikings are as good as theirs. 

Cousins made some clutch plays today, but he also threw a stupid pick that cost the Vikings points. I advocate for the guy- I have his jersey, too. But he's inconsistent at best on nationally televised games, as we saw against the Eagles. 

5-0 baby 🦅 

That said, if we play the Cowboys the way we played Arizona yesterday we are going to get our pockets ran. Even the commentators are talking about “a win is a win” but there were big issues yesterday.  There was a point in the game our offense was only running 2 or 3 plays in a loop and couldn’t buy a trip to the end zone. Miracle Gannon’s D held them to 17 despite getting almost 0 pressure all game. 

Also did anyone see that ridiculous roughing the passer call on Brady?

5 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I was joking in general about how he's gotten calls his whole career. But yeah, that was pretty bad. Not the worst I've seen, but definitely a bad call.

Oh yeah he definitely always gets calls his way not arguing that. This was the most blatant “is this game fixed” tier call I’ve seen in a while tho.

Curious what you’ve seen that’s worse. The missed PI on the Saints/Rams game was bad but that’s technically a no call.

Edited by Vhozite
14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Curious what you’ve seen that’s worse. The missed PI on the Saints/Rams game was bad but that’s technically a no call.

Oh I was talking Brady specifically. I've seen a lot of calls go his way when he was with the Pats. My good buddy is a Phins fans and it became a running joke with how many calls Brady would get his way.

Maybe saying I've seen worse is a stretch, but I've definitely seen calls that were on par. That one you posted from yesterday is pretty hilarious.

Edited by Chadouken

Was at the Commanders game and hadn't been to Fedex since 2011 when we got smoked by the Eagles.

It's so sad to see what has happened, but it's 100% because of Snyder running it into the ground.

The thing that amazed me was how empty the parking lot was for the tailgate.  And it never really filled up much.  We were there at 9:45am and didn't have any lines to wait in or anything.  We used to be waiting in line on 495 in a backup at 8:30am when we used to go.  They had 5 outhouses and never once did I have to wait to piss at the tailgate.

Then going into the stadium - no lines.  Walking up the back/forth ramps - we were the only people in sight.  Going to the bathroom - no lines, even at half time.  The place is so empty like half the vendors were not even open.

But that won't stop them to rip us off for beer prices.  Oh and the $8 bottle of Aquafina water that I got my nephew.

Here was the 10am video I took.

And here was the one I took at like 12:15pm right before we started walking.  Still empty af.

Sure there are more people, but there used to be NO parking spots when I used to come.  None.  Completely full. You would have to dodge people playing cornhole when driving through the lot.  It is just a ghost town now.

21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Given our common interests, how did we all not bump into each other at some point back in the day? There are quite a few of us from the Richmond area.

There’s going to be a FG meet up at the Draftcade in the Short Pump outdoor mall on Nov 2 (Wednesday?) at like 6:30. We can stop by then.  I’ll wear the Cousins Vikings uni

Edited by Psychoblue
7 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

There’s going to be a FG meet up at the Draftcade in the Short Pump outdoor mall on Nov 2 (Wednesday?) at like 6:30. We can stop by then.  I’ll wear the Cousins Vikings uni

I live in SC now. I visit VA regularly but haven't really lived their since 2008. If it were on Saturday maybe but I can't do anything midweek. I'm 4 and a half hours away now.

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I live in SC now. I visit VA regularly but haven't really lived their since 2008. If it were on Saturday maybe but I can't do anything midweek. I'm 4 and a half hours away now.

Yeah back then I was at college at Marshall U and any time I was on summer break I was usually doing part-time jobs or the only link to buttons was Jinmaster on AIM and even back then something felt odd about his invites. 

someday somehow!

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Yeah back then I was at college at Marshall U and any time I was on summer break I was usually doing part-time jobs or the only link to buttons was Jinmaster on AIM and even back then something felt odd about his invites. 

someday somehow!

We gotta get @Chadouken too. Gotta have that top tier troll game to lighten the mood. 😉