Stage Select

The Hip Hop and R&B Thread

• 3 months later...

Anybody here watch battle rap? I watch/listen to it a lot at work and I find it pretty entertaining. No music or beats just guys (and sometimes girls) just saying crazy out of pocket shit for a few mins then hugging after lol.

Pro tip: Always fast forward through the long ass intros, especially on URL battles.

White on white crime

Sparring match between teammates 

image.thumb.jpeg.257189719e85fd63e83a77cb1c9d76a4.jpeg

Character assassination (3rd round)

Edited by Vhozite

I watch battle rap for a few people, but my one of my favorite battle rap battle moments isn't even a line.

When T-Rex was battling Charlie Clips, he turned in a trash first round. At the end of it, he said "easy". Someone from the crowd yelled "WHAT?!" in genuine confusion. That was an omen for the whole battle, and I laugh when I think about it to this day.

As far as battle rappers, my faves right now are Rum Nitty and Danny Myers. I'm probably forgetting a few.

5 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

When T-Rex was battling Charlie Clips, he turned in a trash first round. At the end of it, he said "easy".

lol this right here is exactly how I feel about every Tay Roc battle. He will scream “THATS LIGHT” after the crowd gasses every generic gun bar I genuinely cannot watch his rounds anymore.

My 2 favorites would be Twork and Surf (#FreetheWave), but those dudes choke rounds so much it takes away from my enjoyment when they are actually cooking. Cal, Geechi, and Nitty I can enjoy more because their performances are much more consistent. 

• 4 weeks later...

I might have to ween myself off hip hop fr im real tired of the money/drugs/hoes raps, and the conscious stuff just not hit at all lol. 

It all sounds great and other genres don’t have the struggle or word play angles, which  is why I still listen. But deep down I feel like it all perpetuates negative stereotypes of black people. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 8:26 AM, Vhozite said:

I might have to ween myself off hip hop fr im real tired of the money/drugs/hoes raps, and the conscious stuff just not hit at all lol. 

It all sounds great and other genres don’t have the struggle or word play angles, which  is why I still listen. But deep down I feel like it all perpetuates negative stereotypes of black people. 

theres always stuff like digable planets and the pharcyde if u dont want "gangsta" rap

Don't care much for the music video of this song but the song's a banger. I like most of her songs on the Planet Her album like: "Need to Know" and "Woman" and "Get Into It (Yuh)"

So yeah without further ado here is the she-devil

One of my current celebrity crushes lol

EDIT:

After watching the video and listening to the music again, I realised that she's trolling the trolls lol. She's literally riding a troll and feeding the trolls in the music video loooool. The female Eminem.

That song is basically this:

Edited by Jion_Wansu
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe it’s because I’m older now and not as into mainstream hip hop but all this hip hop beef lately is corny. I say this as someone who regularly consumes rap battles and enjoys disrespect and character breakdowns/assassination. 

Even if i did think it was cool this feels like it should’ve happened 10 years ago. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Supposedly, he's fed K-Dot those lies. 

He fed this man fake info, it's a setup, and he took this long to drop the response.

press-x-for-doubt-x-for-doubt.png

That's not even getting into a few of his bars that are just verifiable lies. There is video of him calling a 17 year old fan on stage. Milli Bobby Brown was 14 when Drake was messaging her. 🤨

Edit: Yeah I knew I hadn't gone senile, at least not yet.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He fed this man fake info, it's a setup, and he took this long to drop the response.

That's not even getting into a few of his bars that are just verifiable lies. There is video of him calling a 17 year old fan on stage. Milli Bobby Brown was 14 when Drake was messaging her. 🤨

K-Dot didn't even mention her name and Drake put it out there. Sure these are all lies. Drake tried to double-down on what you can hear in "Mr. Morale" and that's all he had. That track was clearly the white flag. 

Posted (edited)

This is a likeability battle at this point. Ppl have already chosen there sides. It was fun and engaging but now im ready for the Kendrick/Drake beef to be over. It aint even about the lyrics and music anymore, its about who ppl like more. Fans are bias and insane and don't seem to realize it

Edited by HD-Man
6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

This is a likeability battle at this point. Ppl have already chosen there sides. It was fun and engaging but now im ready for the Kendrick/Drake beef to be over. It aint even about the lyrics and music anymore, its about who ppl like more. Fans are bias and insane and don't seem to realize it

I'd have to agree. Art is subjective; Drake makes catchier songs, but Kendrick does a much better job telling stories and painting pictures with words. I do appreciate that Drake acknowledged this in his latest track. 

22 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I'd have to agree. Art is subjective; Drake makes catchier songs, but Kendrick does a much better job telling stories and painting pictures with words. I do appreciate that Drake acknowledged this in his latest track. 

I just don't understand why Drake would seek out a beef. it's not his lane. He's already popular. There is no benefit. Nearly every time he beefs it ends in a negative for him. Just to stick to club and radio hits.

19 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Drake responded. 

Love the beat but Kendrick already GG'ed him!!

19 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Supposedly, he's fed K-Dot those lies. 

Emilia Clarke Laughing GIF

That's more bullshit than the crap you can find in a pasture on a ranch!!

21 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Edit: Yeah I knew I hadn't gone senile, at least not yet.

I don't believe he fed Kendrick's camp info. This should be the easiest thing for him to prove. He should have the messages, DMs, emails, calls, whatever tf he used to get the info out there. Honestly, he probably should have made this known when he responded to meet the grahams with an IG story. 

21 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Whenever I look online it seems the general consciousness is that Kendrick got this. The Heart Part 6 has more dislikes than likes and I've seen people pick apart its content. 

On 5/6/2024 at 12:39 AM, HD-Man said:

True and frankly, I don't care either of these negros. They make great music and I am here for that but both of them is entitled as fuck in their own ways that makes me pity the youth who want to crown them as the best of anything. Most rap beef is stupid in the end but the longer this goes on the more both of them will look like asses IMO. 

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

What I don’t understand is how/why Rick fucking Ross is clowning Drake.

This the same nigga that said “Put Molly all in her champagne…she ain’t even know it.

I took her home and enjoyed that…she ain’t even know it” 🤨

You aren't wrong. Apparently it's because Drake what he always does and messed with his ex. Drake always messing with his homie's girls. Da fuck is wrong with this man. You can have damn near any woman you want, why going after ones that are connected to your homies. Some dude posted a video going over the issues people had with Drake and damn near every issue was the result of Drake smashing his homies girl or ex.

15 hours ago, Vhozite said:

What I don’t understand is how/why Rick fucking Ross is clowning Drake.

This the same nigga that said “Put Molly all in her champagne…she ain’t even know it.

I took her home and enjoyed that…she ain’t even know it” 🤨

According to Ross, Drake sent a C&D to French Montana on a project he was working on. French is one of his boys. 

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So am I the only one that is suffering from diss track withdrawals? I was bitching about the constant drops last week. Be careful what you wish for. 😅

Drake is the one that needs to produce another one. The Heart part 6 was trash because he was playing defense. What Kendrick needs to do is drop a video for Not Like Us. 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Drake is the one that needs to produce another one. The Heart part 6 was trash because he was playing defense. What Kendrick needs to do is drop a video for Not Like Us. 

After The Heart Part 6, I don't want know if it would be wise for Drake to drop anything else. I mean it would be good for us, because Kendrick will probably drop two the next day. For Drake, he seems like he wants away out. If he's heart isn't it, he's just going to drop more The Heart Part 6 level stuff. I think he thought Family Matters would be a kill shot and Kendrick didn't even get that track an hour to breathe.

12 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

After The Heart Part 6, I don't want know if it would be wise for Drake to drop anything else. I mean it would be good for us, because Kendrick will probably drop two the next day. For Drake, he seems like he wants away out. If he's heart isn't it, he's just going to drop more The Heart Part 6 level stuff. I think he thought Family Matters would be a kill shot and Kendrick didn't even get that track an hour to breathe.

Unless Kendrick has another angle to attack from there's no need for him to drop any more. What he put out there is already damning and caused huge reputational damage. He ended it on a high note.

If this continues it has to come from Drake.