Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Speaking of MAGA, these rumors about what all is in the Free the Narrative promotion or whatever its called is hilarious. Rumor so far is Austin Aries, Del Rio and possibly some previously cancelled wrestlers 😂

One of their interview guys told me I should apply for a commentary spot.  While I have way too much on my plate to commit to it assuming I'd even be eligible, given all the fanfics about me on the socials especially with the FGC/wrestling fandom crossover crowd, going to majors as the guy who commentates the Cancelled Wrestlers Fed would get me that juicy nuclear heat!  

Also if wrestling is fake, how do you explain this!?  

Edited by Psychoblue
8 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

So I know Kross is an anti-vaxxer and Flip IIRC was part of the big UK blowup.  What did Moose do or say?  

Flip Gordon is an RoH guy. Former Amy national guard. He not UK.

Moose posted fire emojis upon the fed announcement. If he said anything that points to his political affiliation I don't know about it

3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

So I know Kross is an anti-vaxxer and Flip IIRC was part of the big UK blowup.  What did Moose do or say?  

Flip was anti vaxx ans super conspiracy nut. More or less why he never got hired to do aew even after being so close ro the elite for years. He was literally there from the beginning but shot his career in his own foot

Edited by Maxx
3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

With the exception of that feud with the Fiend, Goldberg tends to give back, I like that about him even if I'm not his biggest fan

I think about Moxley's insanely low opinion on Brock Lesnar because he wouldn't let him do all the hardcore stuff in the Mania match that he does in his matches today, and I think because of that a lot of people have misconceptions about him and Goldberg being selfish.  The issue is that their idea of who they want to do the job for rarely coincides with who people think they should do the job for.  You can tell that Lesnar and Goldberg have a way higher opinion of guys like Roman, Lashley, and D-Mac because they look the part and look at the business a certain way, while guys like Moxley at least in their own view are more concerned about getting all their shit in rather than doing what's best for business in their eyes.  

Edited by Psychoblue
10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I never thought Goldberg was selfish other than that one time. Brock doesn't seem to give AF about booking mostly as long as he's paid. I kinda do wish I knew what happened between him and Moxley tho

Brock likes working with people but i dont think he cares about his character and peoples view of him in wrestling. Everytime i hear some random shit like brock wants to work with bryan... I just think oh he just wants to do some cool shit in the ring. 

15 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I never thought Goldberg was selfish other than that one time. Brock doesn't seem to give AF about booking mostly as long as he's paid. I kinda do wish I knew what happened between him and Moxley tho

between Brock and Moxley? Iirc Brock had a UFC fight lined up or was contemplating doing another match so he wanted to not do anything overly risky in the match that could lead to a major injury. Moxley thought that was him being greedy and not wanting to do business. 

brock has no issues helping people get over. He and Heyman both told Vince for close to a year that Brock wanted to drop the belt to Joe and then help the company build Joe as the next monster. Vince kept saying no because to him it didn’t make sense to put Joe in that position. 

Edited by iStu X
11 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I think about Moxley's insanely low opinion on Brock Lesnar because he wouldn't let him do all the hardcore stuff in the Mania match that he does in his matches today, and I think because of that a lot of people have misconceptions about him and Goldberg being selfish.  The issue is that their idea of who they want to do the job for rarely coincides with who people think they should do the job for.  You can tell that Lesnar and Goldberg have a way higher opinion of guys like Roman, Lashley, and D-Mac because they look the part and look at the business a certain way, while guys like Moxley at least in their own view are more concerned about getting all their shit in rather than doing what's best for business in their eyes.  

Heyman in an interview with inside the ropes said that Brock turned down all of Moxley ideas because he already setup his UFC return against Mark Hunt. Brock didn't want to do anything that could jeopardize the fight. 

6 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

It says something about a) how much the new regime thinks of Cesaro given the money that's been thrown around with new deals lately and b) how little they fear AEW by letting someone everyone wanted to go over there walk off as unceremoniously as this.

Word is they actually tried to resign him but couldn't come to terms, it's said WWE is disappointed in losing him which is odd since they did fuck all with Cesaro when they had him 

36 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Well, they actually let Cody go and Cage gotta stay so.....Cage is just as confused as all of us 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yea I was referring to you saying they don't want those guys going to another promotion.

If they let Cody go to WWE if he wants, I'm sure they wouldn't care about Cage going there haha