Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Aew is a good spot for a constant paycheck but its not even like its the end all for guys. Almost every aew guy except the top ones are working the indies so i dunno whats the benefit for midcard or lower to sign. 

Even top AEW guys work indies. Moxley works lots of indies. Kenny Omega did the occasional DDT show. I think the bucks and Cody are really the only ones who don't.

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Even top AEW guys work indies. Moxley works lots of indies. Kenny Omega did the occasional DDT show. I think the bucks and Cody are really the only ones who don't.

Obviously they do it for the love of the game is the biggest difference. They don't need the money

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Aew is a good spot for a constant paycheck but its not even like its the end all for guys. Almost every aew guy except the top ones are working the indies so i dunno whats the benefit for midcard or lower to sign. 

Because the only ones Matt would have to worry about being a bigger draw than him are the top guys that AEW protects and keeps around for special appearances only when it comes to indies.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Brock is right, but to be fair, when WWE wrestlers do find a way to get over organically, they cut their nuts off.

Not much the wrestlers can do when they have little to no control over their character or booking due to an out of touch mad man changing things on a whim, then subsequently blames you when the gimmick and story bombs

Edited by HD-Man
23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Brock is right, but to be fair, when WWE wrestlers do find a way to get over organically, they cut their nuts off.

Not much the wrestlers can do when they have little to no control over their character or booking due to an out of touch mad man changing things on a whim, then subsequently blames you when the gimmick and story bombs

In this day and age the best way to succeed in WWE is to get fired, be successful elsewhere and making the company take notice so they want you back. They is the route that Lashley, Drew Mcintyre, Christian, and a few other took to reach high levels of success in WWE.

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

In this day and age the best way to succeed in WWE is to get fired, be successful elsewhere and making the company take notice so they want you back. They is the route that Lashley, Drew Mcintyre, Christian, and a few other took to reach high levels of success in WWE.

That method definitely seems to work. Once your stock is high enough elsewhere then you can come back and kinda call some shots in WWE. You could probably add Brock himself to that list since he went and made himself a bigger name in UFC to the point he doesn't need WWE

I don't care about CAW-dy so it's whatever, but you'd have to be a proper mark to believe this part given everything that's happened in the last 2 years.

Other than what's going on with Ali right now, WWE nullified a ton of the big re-signings they did to prevent the AEW exodus, instead throwing people out the door at an alarming rate even when they were in the middle of an on-screen feud or push as was the case with Black, Keith Lee and Braun Sthrowman.  The fear of that perception has long since come to pass and given they just pulled in over a billion dollars in revenue and are expected to sell out numerous stadium shows beyond Wrestlemania and the Saudi stuff (Royal Rumble, Summerslam, rumors of UK stadium shows, Australia Super Showdown etc)...if WWE is bringing someone in from AEW, it'll likely be with a much less impressive deal barring true difference makers like Bryan, Punk, or even MJF who WWE is reportedly super high on and are expected to try and poach as his deal comes in in a couple years.  

This is al on top of reports that WWE doesn't want "rasslers" anymore and would rather recruit from the NCAA or minor leagues of real sports.

Edited by Psychoblue
35 minutes ago, Volt said:

At least two of these are NOWHERE like the others.

Especially Drew "Happy Neck" McIntyre. 🤣

Drew was absolutely in that tier throughout that pandemic, he's just the odd man out right now.  Roman vs Drew for the title is expected to be a program somewhere down the road, maybe Summerslam.  Drew also won a title off of Brock and defeated Goldberg which only happens when WWE wants to baptize someone.  

If Cody was facing someone in that tier, though, it'd probably be him or Lashley.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

I'm starting to think Happy Corbin is going to get a bigger push like Naomi.

Last Smackdown, the announcers were talking about how he's been undefeated 1v1 since winning the jackpot. I can see him and Drew getting a match on Wrestlemania.

Could be blind fanboyism tho. Dude's funny af. 🤣

Corbin always had potential but they couldn’t decide if they wanted him to be Laimbeer or Shawn Bradley.  What he has now is a better fit for him.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, HD-Man said:

If Cody doesn't have some level of creative control in WWE, this is a bad move in every way except financially. If he's wise he won't sign for more than a year or two.

Given he had complete creative control in AEW and it was largely garbage that ruined every piece of goodwill he had prior to his stint there, if WWE wants to bring him in as a heel they should use every idea he has.

6 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Given he had complete creative control in AEW and it was largely garbage that ruined every piece of goodwill he had prior to his stint there, if WWE wants to bring him in as a heel they should use every idea he has.

Well, that's a valid point, I can't argue against it. Cody's angles besides Dustin and MJF have been terrible. WWE "creative" might be an improvement 😂

9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

His stories were pretty comprehensive imo. Just because the anthony angle was a miss in some parts doesnt mean his whole aew career was garbage. 

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Aew really gave us a fucking mixtape for black history month and that was it. Lmfao. 

Like at least wwe gives us a promo video. ☠️☠️☠️

Like, did nobody black backstage see that this was a stupid idea? Or were they too scared of gettin Lio Rush'd out of AEW

A video package or simply developing interesting black characters and giving them some spotlight would've been enough. Donate funds to an HBCU or something 😂

Just now, HD-Man said:

I can see right now alot of AEW guys gonna have short careers, I love alot of the crazy spots they do to entertain us but no way that shit is good in the long run

Luckily its only weds for most. This is what alot of people said about the indy guys who jumped to wwe like bryan and punk. It ended up working out for them all. 

Lol sami kept getting broken for no gawd damn reason