Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

This match will always be interesting in my memory.
For some reason as a 9 year old, I was hyped for it cause Perfect was my man and a face at the time so I wanted to see him kick Doinks ass.

But my parents took me grocery shopping so I missed it... I remember asking the kids at school the next day who won and they said it was a tie. I didn't believe them.
Now I watch it and damn, my elementary school friends never worked me.

2 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

I hate wrestling right now

I can watch njpw because there is a crowd

But damn this empty arena with wwe smackdown crowd noise synching is so bad

I can watch guys i like but man this sucks

Guys like brody, drew, roman, jey, io all deserve to be in big ass arenas with throngs of screaming fans

Yea it sucks.

But at least the few fans in the crowds help a bit.

13 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I'm not really either. I think 3 star general is a perfect nick-name for the guy. He's really not that outstanding in the ring, but he seems like a decent guy and seems to want to make a good product for the fans. 

Bingo.

He's very plain in the ring, albeit still more exciting than Miz/Orton.

But his ridiculous entrances and over the top outfits coupled with his desire to bleed and die for the fans make for an interesting dynamic.

At least his tattoo looks slightly less worse with his black hair 😄

33 minutes ago, odin said:

I'm not a Cody mark at all, but I think his gimmick is incredible.

He's going to bleed like a stuck pig tonight.

Which him not being blonde sucks. Bleacher hair turning orange is a cool effect

Brown hair cody looks like a 60s planet of the apes extra

Cody is okay as a worker. He had such a great match with Dustin last year,  but Goldust is one of the all time best workers in wrestling. Dude has been elite level since his second comeback in 2010.

Orton and Okada are two of the most fundsmental basic guys in wrestling. But they are so fucking good.

Miz is like cody just okay. But with enough character and with the right opponent he can do some good.

I hate gargano and ciampa. But i like Adam Cole. Kyle, kushida, thatcher, io, keith lee are guys i actively seek.

It is sad how braun has morphed into big show after only 5 years

Edited by DrLariat
40 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I'm not really either. I think 3 star general is a perfect nick-name for the guy. He's really not that outstanding in the ring, but he seems like a decent guy and seems to want to make a good product for the fans. 

The guy knows how to tell a story and get people emotionally invested in a match. Being capable of that is far more impressive than having a 5 star match.

I just saw the spot where Holland got injured. Jfc his left leg went all sortsa twisted and in ways it shouldn’t. 

I hope he didn’t tear anything major but fuuuuuuck. That looked so god damn brutal 

Edit: Ember Moons outfit she wears when she comes to the ring makes me think she currently plays or has played a Gamma World campaign. 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Luther has been a death match wrestler for the majority of his career. Of course he will be shit.

One of my main gripes with AEW... Too many favours for sub-quality wrestlers.

And if Cody's gimmick isn't a rib on 2000s HHH.. I'm not on board. Don't like how Brodie kept the belt warm for him while he was away filming some shit.

Who's left to beat? Zombie Kanyon?

1 hour ago, Makrow said:

Can someone educate me on who that Quan Chi wannabe mofo was? I've seen some terrible wrestling but that guy takes the cake.

So danhousen or warhorse. Both suck. But chikara is gone so in a sea of kickpads mcflippy those 2 stand out despite being small guys 

I hope that AEW reaches out to NJPW with some tag teams. I mean putting FTR, Best Friends, and Pillman Jr/Little Ass in the tournament could be fun

I still want Pillman Jr to do a BOSJ which was in the cards for him

Last year AEW was trying to make the first match on Dynamite Pillman Jr vs Liger...that would have been cool

G1 climax update... Bullet club civil war part 2 continues 

Day 13, G1 Climax 30 standings 10/10/2020:

A Block
Kota Ibushi (5-2) 10 points
Will Ospreay (5-2) 10 points
Jay White (5-2) 10 points
Kazuchika Okada (5-2) 10 points
**STATISTICALLY ELIMINATED**
Jeff Cobb (3-4) 6 points
Minoru Suzuki (3-4) 6 points
Taichi (3-4) 6 points
Shingo Takagi (3-4) 6 points
Tomohiro Ishii (3-4) 6 points
Yujiro Takahashi (0-7) 0 points
B Block
Tetsuya Naito (5-1) 10 points
EVIL (4-2) 8 points
Juice Robinson (3-3) 6 points
Zack Sabre Jr. (3-3) 6 points
Hirooki Goto (3-3) 6 points
Toru Yano (3-3) 6 points
SANADA (3-3) 6 points
Hiroshi Tanahashi (3-3) 6 points
KENTA (2-4) 4 points
**STATISTICALLY ELIMINATED**
YOSHI-HASHI (1-5) 2 points

All of champions right now are brown, an immigrant or PoC ancestry. Finally the World means something in World Wrestling. Take notes Tony, unless youre trying to tell me something with how all those white North American guys in the upper card are “Elite”

EDIT: A quick check and Fandango is part Cherokee and Baszler as Chinese ancestry. Tony what ARE YOU DOING.  Do you secretly wish for the Sammy Sosa treatment?

spacer.png

Edited by Psychoblue
Correcting info
On 10/9/2020 at 6:28 PM, Makrow said:

Can someone educate me on who that Quan Chi wannabe mofo was? I've seen some terrible wrestling but that guy takes the cake.

That's Dr. Luther, he was a hardcore wrestler in Japan back in the early 90s.  Right now Jericho and friends are trying to get all of their buddies in on the money mark's cash flow before TNT decides it's too embarrassing to allow on their network, so expect more random guys from yesteryear huddle in while the money is still good.  

5 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Was it in any way progressive or was it more caricature stuff like what Sonny Kiss does?  

Not my bag. Lgbtq is a spectrum, not everyone is gonna be one way. Some people are like sonny and more flamboyant and some are more subdued. I do know the main event was about one of the famous gay luchadors. I just came across clips on Twitter. I think it's called big gay brunch 

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Not my bag. Lgbtq is a spectrum, not everyone is gonna be one way. Some people are like sonny and more flamboyant and some are more subdued. I do know the main event was about one of the famous gay luchadors. I just came across clips on Twitter. I think it's called big gay brunch 

As long as there's a broad mix it's not too bad.  It can be a slippery slope where it goes from appreciation to appropriation.  I'm sure everyone dreaded what was going to happen when Sonya Deville pushed that she was LGBTQ but so far she's been handled well.  On the other end there was when that Liv/Lana wedding mess happened and Lana went on twitter defending it as progressive showing off a bi drama.  YIKES

Edited by Psychoblue
2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

As long as there's a broad mix it's not too bad.  It can be a slippery slope where it goes from appreciation to appropriation.  I'm sure everyone dreaded what was going to happen when Sonya Deville pushed that she was LGBTQ but so far she's been handled well.  On the other end there was when that Liv/Lana wedding mess happened and Lana went on twitter defending it as progressive showing off a bi drama.  YIKES

Can’t ask for much out of a carnie spectacle like wrestling lol

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

With Sonya she isn't openly acknowledged as LGBTQ on WWE TV. The most we get is her having a pride flag on her gear.

According to Miro, there was no plan for Liv/Lana. It was thrown in for shock value.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

With Sonya she isn't openly acknowledged as LGBTQ on WWE TV. The most we get is her having a pride flag on her gear.

According to Miro, there was no plan for Liv/Lana. It was thrown in for shock value.

Sonya being LGBT has been acknowledged a few times as well as the rainbow sash she had tucked into her ring gear occasionally.  They just don't make it ALL she's about.

And that was exactly my point about Liv/Lana.  That was a bad way of doing it.  

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Lars can't catch a break. 

He also doesn’t deserve one. 

Watching NXT. 
its frustrating but also not surprising that NXT has yet to explain why Ciampa is such a grumpy guss now. 

its a shame that Drake went from sympathetic white meat baby face back to comedy character. They really could have done something special with Drake. 

damn. Toni storm looks hella generic without the cake on her face. 

I want Johnny and/or Candices track suit(s)

lol. The gargano’s getting a tv was more important than Austin theory’s entrance. Brutal but agreeable 

lumis’s delayed spine buster is fucking gorgeous. 

shotzi is probably the hottest women’s wrestler wwe has had in a long ass time. Maybe ever. I love absolutely every single thing about her. 

Ember with the furry tail is the ultimate boner killer. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

shotzi is probably the hottest women’s wrestler wwe has had in a long ass time. Maybe ever. I love absolutely every single thing about her. 

Hotter than Asuka and Kairi???!!

Also watched Fighting With My Family today. Fun movie. I popped for the Kip cameo lol

4 hours ago, odin said:

Hotter than Asuka and Kairi???!!

She’s the whole package to me man. That hair, being Filipino, the piercings, the tattoos from head to toe, the fashion sense, the attitude. I love it all. 

Kairi is super cute. Asuka and Io are gorgeous. Most the women in wwe right now are incredibly attractive in their own ways.  Don’t get me wrong, I want Bianca Bel Air to bench press me. I love them all dearly. But Shotzi just  slaps (god I hope she slaps) different. 

Suicide Girls was my jam going up. And now-a-days it’s Burning Angels. I have a type man. What can I say. Lol

Edited by iStu X