Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

2 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

His goal was to be in wwe. But his shot into wrestling was doing indies in uk until Balor saw him. Got him hooked up with Fale. 

Like dude only been at this for 7 years. Him being this good is crazy

That's not the story he's telling. He didn't meet fergal till he went for the tryout according to the podcast

What do you think is going to be the legacy of New Day? They were the most successful black stable since Nation of Domination. Are we gonna have kids doing the hip shake when they say they are world champions now? Does being black, nerdy and a massive wrestling fan get another rung of acceptance publicly?

Dont spend a lot of time on twitter or other media spaces to get a gauge on it.

17 minutes ago, Sonero said:

What do you think is going to be the legacy of New Day? They were the most successful black stable since Nation of Domination. Are we gonna have kids doing the hip shake when they say they are world champions now? Does being black, nerdy and a massive wrestling fan get another rung of acceptance publicly?

Dont spend a lot of time on twitter or other media spaces to get a gauge on it.

They are one of the top most successful stables ever. Not just black. Theirs a few points to hit on with their long lasting affect on the industry. 

-be yourself. Time and time again it's been proven that being an aspect of yourself in the ring allows you to be the most successful. Look at people like ric flair who don't know how to turn their character off. He became his character and his daily suffered for it. Fans recognize and have always respected authenticity over fakes for the most part. 

-they didn't change the wheel in terms of the black experience in America. They change the wheel in terms of prowrestling industry looking at people and wrestlers who embrace their nerdy aspect. Black nerd culture was already on the rise in the mainstream way before new day, they see just another aspect of this. 

-being yourself also outside the ring and you can walk the kayfabe line but these guys have always been from what I've heard and seen the same people in and outside the ring. We see it in their podcasts and streams online. You don't have to present a character, again not nessisarily a black thing because it's just a general culture shif t in prowrestling. They have forced their friends to embrace more publicly their nerdy side. Look at Tyler breeze most likely pre Xavier he might not be so public about his love of games. He might try to live up to his stuck up character. 

-see black people on TV will always be important. We always need to se people like us in these spaces to let us know we can do it. Another culture shift in prowrestling is the look. You used honestly look like big e. Kofi isn't a big dude but he combined his athleticism with his personality that makes him loveable. When you are true all around people wanna support you. Kofi mania happened because we have always wanted to see him succeed and it was a shocker where we all collectively went "wait.. Is this something we can have? Kofi could win?!" no one expected Kofi to get a push and when we saw that every fan was behind it. Because it wasn't just black champ it was also he appealed to people because he's truly a prowrestling good guy. 

This may be a lil redundant but overall their impact is being authentic. When you are authentic and true you can overcome any obstacles. You present yourself in a way that whatever preconceived notions people have about size or race go away. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

"When asked whether White would entertain going to WWE eventually, the leader of the Bullet Club divulged that joining WWE is not even on his "radar" and prefers pro wrestling to "entertainment". With that said, White hedged by saying he would not close the door to joining WWE entirely."

Sounds like a Nak move. Go to the WWE when you wanna cash in and not worry about giving 100%. 

3 hours ago, odin said:

Sounds like a Nak move. Go to the WWE when you wanna cash in and not worry about giving 100%. 

He grew up only on wwe. Never heard about njpw until the dojo

I like jay white. Dude moved to florida instead of tokyo for reasons.

I mean jay shoring up njpw us might be a reason

I mean Kenta chose to stay in florida

New Day is a hof tag team. Kofimania was cool as hell. But to me it was a waste of big e's youth

Big E should have been pushed hard

Cool now but dude should have been there in 2016

Edited by DrLariat
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

It’s almost like wrestlers lie about their career paths all the time

oh wait they do 

Especially on talk is jericho. We are talking media savvy, guy who is a legit main eventer in new japan. With an online presence 

Plus everything on jericho's podcast is a work nowadays. The last honest shows were the drunkfest with gallows and Anderson 

According to that doc njpw put out and finn shoots. It was finn who set him up with the young lion tryout.

Edited by DrLariat

I'm going to believe Jay has no interest in wwe atm until proven otherwise. Literally the only thing reported is wwe wanted him. He's never given any indication he wanted to leave for wwe . When he got into wrestling he wanted to go to wwe purely on the fact he didn't know about anything in wrestling. In gonna believe his words over people's assumptions. 

Why would Jay White jump ship now? Wouldn't make sense imho. He just turned 28 (We're almost the same exact age, weird) and is one of the biggest draws in NJPW. If it wasn't the cursed year of 2020, I'd say move to NXT, but right now, they aren't getting house show money or touring, he'd probably go to NXT which is in a ratings battle with AEW, which would add pressure onto him to draw. 

Moving companies right now if you're in a stable environment and a big part of the company would be a bone headed move. But I can see him coming to WWE in 2022. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Vince is a mad man. Becky is due to gave birth in December and Vince wants her back in January to work a Wrestlemania angle with Ronda Rousey. I personally don't care. That ship has sailed. Let Becky be a mom for more than a month. 

😂 This fuckery has not changed. He will still for a pregnant woman if he can

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Vince is a mad man. Becky is due to gave birth in December and Vince wants her back in January to work a Wrestlemania angle with Ronda Rousey. I personally don't care. That ship has sailed. Let Becky be a mom for more than a month. 

He was having 6 month pregnant maria doing 24/7 title segments. Vince is shit

Say prop 25 passes does wwe just stop touring california. When will wwe term their wrestlers as employees? Vince only has these guys working once a week, but once travel starts things get different.

WCW guys were always full on turner employees. Why is vince late to that?

4 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Say prop 25 passes does wwe just stop touring california. When will wwe term their wrestlers as employees? Vince only has these guys working once a week, but once travel starts things get different.

They aren't stressing touring for the next two years minimum. I think this was Def a plan to wait out and see how the election shakes out. Andrew yang is still sayin he's gonna fuck Vince up of Biden is elected. 

2 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Vince is all about cutting corners to maximize his profits. He exposed the business in the 90s in court so state athletic commissions can stop regulating him, he cheapest out the stunt team responsible for Owen's safety harness resulting in his death, only 8% of the company total revenue is used to pay the wrestlers when other professional sports league pay like 20%. Vince is shit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGiD0sipqUy/?igshid=4c0d1kabaz8x

So Kharma post this. I recognize it. She only had a 1 episode arch same with other black girl. The asian and latina characters have had literal zero build.

It is all backdrop for the true stars the white people. 

This was a problem with wwe for a long time. The last poc in the writing team until 2 years ago was patrice o'neal in 2004.

After him it has been white guys writing for everybody. The last female writer with any say left in 2016.

WWE still guided by backwards old white dudes. Heyman getting directly involved with the roman/jey program and influencing roman to use his clout. You know no writer could come up with the realness in the promos.

New day just tore shit up.

MVP spearheaded most of hurt lockers booking.

A lot odn

Fuck this guy. Janella flew everybody into indiana without having them bubble. No testing of audience 2 weeks out. No testing of crew. The wrestlers are also dumb for doing this show.

And OC, wardlow, and moxley worked this show. AEW runs a sloppy shop. I mean that ben guy got covid and he was there for one show maybe.

Janela out here running mudshow would have done better doing this outdoors

6 minutes ago, odin said:

don't know how to book heels anymore

is he the heel tho?? Mox felt like the heel in that trailer. Chuck Liddell  was going on about how this is going to be the ugliest fight of this guys life, then it shows Mox land a superman punch... They make mr MMA look like an underdog

glen campbell GIF

Hope Mox pulls a Brian Pillman and brings a gun, shoots mr. MMA in the foot in the first round. THAT would be an interesting twist

17 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Lol retribution gets dominated by hurt business and jobs 

Then get taken out by the fiend 

I thought both were heels

Strowman was a face on smackdown but resorted to a low blow

Keith Lee major face wins roshambo with strowman 

I think Keith Lee has one victory since being brought up to the main roster.

RAW does it again!

I like that we’re finally getting legit pushes from wrestlers in NXT with solid ideas about where they’ll be on the card and who they’ll be feuding with. 

Kushida will likely be pushed to NA or Main title. 

Bronson is going to be in NA title picture 

UE are going back to tag division to elevate it. 

moon is definitely going to be a major player. I see Io dropping the title soon. So the women’s card will be Dakota, Moon, Shotzi, maybe Xia. 

Edited by iStu X