Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

if yall want a fucking brutal match and not in a czw way. watch jordan devlin vs ilja from this past week...they beat the fuckin shit outta eachother. falls counte everywhere. weapons was out.

As brutal as the not takeover match with Walter vs. Ilja? Cause that match was absolutely insane. 

walter killed him poor dragunov then used the dragon balls to keep whipping his ass

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

As brutal as the not takeover match with Walter vs. Ilja? Cause that match was absolutely insane. 

walter killed him poor dragunov then used the dragon balls to keep whipping his ass

Different kinda brutal but similar. Because this match was a falls count everywhere so they were beating eachother all over the place. 

Internet is tripping balls.  It definitely wasn't the best Rumble but acting like it was a complete travesty is ridiculous.  Thank goodness i stayed off my phone for the most part while watching.  When I heard people shit on Roman/Seth I knew what time it was.

I don't agree that predictability was bad in this situation.  Sometimes things are predictable because it's adhering to common sense.  Having someone win out of the blue might get good for a couple of weeks of buzz but it would come at the expense of months of buildup with the stuff they've been setting up for much longer.  i'd rather see things play out to its conclusion without taking unnecessary detours until the iron has cooled and can't heat up like it did prior.

The way a lot of FGC Wrestling feels about Kenny Omega, right now I feel about this current give not shits Brock and aspiring Oscar winner Roman.  They're on a different level and it's a big reason why the Fed keeps making money hand over fist even as they either fire or mishandle the rest of the card.

Mens rumble definitely needed more returns/cameos though.  I appreciated that they had a continuing plot thread throughout the show with Roman snapping and getting the one-up on Brock only for Brock to open up the final showdown, but they could have had guys like Ryder or RVD or Masters etc to kill some time in between.

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, Lantis said:

I think people were just overreacting at the so-called "forbidden door" being open and they were just creating a bunch of unrealistic scenarios in their mind of who else would appear in either Rumble.

Yeah I knew no one like Okada or Mox was going to show up (have to admit I held my breath wondering if he was going to save Seth from Roman's beatdown though), but I think it was within reason to expect one of the Impact/NWA/GCW guys formerly of WWE's midcard to show up.  All the same, people getting upset that didn't happen kinda justifies Nick Khan's approach to "cutting the fat" as much as he has...because people will get more hype for returning stars even if they were already past their expiration date when they left the first time, than the guys that are still there.  It reinforces Nick's apparent belief that keeping a core roster for 50-60 around and use "forbidden doors" as needed for brief stints is not only more cost effective but creates more buzz  than having a huge roster.

"How can I miss you if you don't leave?"

7 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Internet is tripping balls.  It definitely wasn't the best Rumble but acting like it was a complete travesty is ridiculous.  Thank goodness i stayed off my phone for the most part while watching.  When I heard people shit on Roman/Seth I knew what time it was.

That was straight up hatin, but let's be real, overall, this was pretty messy.

Ronda coming back is ok, don't have much of an opinion about her because I legit never watched her wrestling lol.

But the whole deal with Lashley/Lesnar and Roman/Seth felt like a car crash. Everything was going well, some interesting plot and then... this.
You know they're hitting the brakes on everything so Brock can face Roman in Mania, but that Roman vs Seth storyline was good. How are they going to conclude this now?

I have no idea wtf they're supposed to do with Lashley now too. Guess he's rolling through some fools to assert dominance. That match really could've gone better.

Low key boneheaded writing fr.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

That was straight up hatin, but let's be real, overall, this was pretty messy.

Ronda coming back is ok, don't have much of an opinion about her because I legit never watched her wrestling lol.

But the whole deal with Lashley/Lesnar and Roman/Seth felt like a car crash. Everything was going well, some interesting plot and then... this.
You know they're hitting the brakes on everything so Brock can face Roman in Mania, but that Roman vs Seth storyline was good. How are they going to conclude this now?

Considering Brock winning the RAW title was an audible after Roman was down with the sickness (thank god he didn't take a dirt nap given his medical history), I had a feeling they were going to figure out a way to get "back on course" to what the first plan was given how long they've invested in the Heyman drama.  

Typically the challenger for whoever the RR doesn't face has their opponent decided in the Chamber so that'll be what happens there.  

@LantisFace Brock vs Heel Roman has been the wave when the opposite wasn't (there are some people blaming the creation of AEW directly on that last feud), and with Heel Roman headlining WWE's most profitable years in their history with TV deals expected to be even more lucrative...I'm thinking WWE is trying to coronate Lesnar as the new face of the company.  5 years ago this would have been laughable but the current Brock Lesnar ethering people on the mic as well as the ring has completely revitalized him.  

Edited by Psychoblue
55 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The finish of the match was shit. I'm sure that's what most people are down on. There's no need to prolong the program with Seth when Lesnar is the goal. 

The finish of that match was perfect.  Set up a good side arc for Roman to continue pursue in the next few weeks and add some intrigue before finally facing Lesnar.  It also protected Seth from eating the pin clean so that they can have the blowoff at the Chamber match that'll decide who faces Brock. 

3 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

The finish of that match was perfect.  Set up a good side arc for Roman to continue pursue in the next few weeks and add some intrigue before finally facing Lesnar.  It also protected Seth from eating the pin clean so that they can have the blowoff at the Chamber match that'll decide who faces Brock. 

They can just put Roman in the chamber match if they need to give him something. Stretching feuds is something that's grown thin with me. This program with Seth didn't need another PPV

46 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Man, you know WWE women division is shit if they have to bring back Lita to challenge for the women title. 

That makes no sense tbh. And I don't mean it just because apparently the broad is 46.

But damn, they gotta have someone better in the bench to job real quick. Hell, bring out Alexa Bliss from... whatever the hell she's doing out there.

Honestly, the whole story looks like a dumpster fire until they can finally get rid of Roman/Brock at Wrestlemania #177013.

You know things are bleak when Austin Theory's goofy ass is consistently one of the best parts of the show.

I might have to cut off Raw and stick to watching only SD. 🤣