Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

13 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

That last bit is absolutely untrue.  

Jimmy Snuka, Junkyard Dog, Pedro Morales, Tiger Mask, Antonino Rocca and countless other minorities and immigrants had their best years as babyfaces.   

Foreign bad guys were only bad guys if something contemporary was going on at the same time.  Iron Sheik, the Koloffs etc all had Cold War/Gulf War etc heat.  After that you had the violent madmen like Original Sheik or Abdullah.  

It’s harder to pull off now because WWE is an international publicly traded juggernaut.  

Tiger mask isnt wwe lol

Also my comment was hyperbole. Ali is the first middle eastern babyface i ever remember existing in wwe. 

Edited by Maxx
7 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Tiger mask isnt wwe lol

Also my comment was hyperbole. Ali is the first middle eastern babyface i ever remember existing in wwe. 

Yes he was.  1982 MSG v Dynamite Kid is considered one of the most influential matches ever because of the kind of match and where it was. Vince on commentary put him over huge, shame the English commentary hasn’t been ported from the Network yet.

5 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Yes he was.  1982 MSG v Dynamite Kid is considered one of the most influential matches ever because of the kind of match and where it was. Vince on commentary put him over huge, shame the English commentary hasn’t been ported from the Network yet.

He isnt wwe.. Hes njpw. When im speaking about the roles people had in wwe im speaking on wwe employees. 

Im not talking guests in wwe 🤣 i shouldnt have to explain that. 

21 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm bias when it comes to that bag carrying situation with Lio, you a grown ass man, carry yo own damn bags, asshole. That shit ain't in my job description 😂

Bruh 1st round pics with guaranteed contracts out here carrying bags, its not that serious. I'm honestly more put off when teams go out to dinner run up five figure bills and leave the rookie to pay for it. It's one thing to carry bags, it's another thing to play someone's money. When you play with someone's money, you play with their emotions.

giphy.gif

I feel you, but I ain't goin for it. I carried one of my captains bags a few years ago once and felt like a whole bitch. Never again better get yo big grown ass up and tote your own luggage..

I'll clean the boat and all that cuz that's what I signed up for, fuck yo bags tho 😂

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

He isnt wwe.. Hes njpw. When im speaking about the roles people had in wwe im speaking on wwe employees. 

Im not talking guests in wwe 🤣 i shouldnt have to explain that. 

Given Tenryu and Kitao were brought in and explained away as "Yokozuna's friends" and fellow heels, I had to make sure 😄

The tickets I got for Supercard of Honor are ringside in the same venue I went to for Winter Is Coming last year. I made sure after the seat debacle last time to actually get ringside seats.

Edit: fuck ROHs presale ticket system. I had to pay up for Honor Club just to access the page for the presale, and the passcode to get tickets was part of the name of the event and 2022. God fucking damnit.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

GCW seems lit from all the pics and vids I saw tonight. May have to watch some of their events even tho I'm not a fan of death matches 

And I'm salty, there's a Terminus event the day before I go back to work next month 😭

lmfao  gcw event looks like a shit show. just the hype overrides anything bad. the fact ftr didnt come out to face the briscoes is such a let down. it feels like that fued is not going anywhere because aew refuses to advertise anything relating to the two

Edited by Maxx
5 hours ago, Maxx said:

lmfao  gcw event looks like a shit show. just the hype overrides anything bad. the fact ftr didnt come out to face the briscoes is such a let down. it feels like that fued is not going anywhere because aew refuses to advertise anything relating to the two

Social media overhyping shit is why I didn't buy into Matt Cardona being as great as he is right now (which he is, he gets the coveted Psycho Seal of Approval).  When I was told about how great Jericho was in NJPW, it was him being flabby, vulgar and embarrassingly carried by his opponents.  That was the start of me labelling him the Midlife Crisis Man.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

If anything, the Briscoes seem to be keeping the hype alive themselves all on their own through social media

57 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Social media overhyping shit is why I didn't buy into Matt Cardona being as great as he is right now (which he is, he gets the coveted Psycho Seal of Approval).  When I was told about how great Jericho was in NJPW, it was him being flabby, vulgar and embarrassingly carried by his opponents.  That was the start of me labelling him the Midlife Crisis Man.

Jericho was good becauss it was different from what you normally saw in njpw. But i guess its really how tou view the current booking of the product. Since gedo is taking alooooot of cues from America now in terms of booking. He was flabby but jericho can move and this is coming from someone whos hates maga-ericho. 

7 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Time to see if this is the last straw that gets JC to turn on Punk.

Drama Popcorn GIF

I doubt it Corny loves Punk and knows he doesn’t give a fuck who gets pissed off.

@HD-ManHe ain’t lying though especially after you listen to some of the stupid stories which is basically ends up with whoever buys Taker the best booze gets off easy.

Edited by Grimmjow316
9 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'm assuming wrestlers court is probably responsible for some of Punk's start and stop mini-pushes in WWE. I don't blame him for feeling that way 

Lol 100% remember when wwe started making everyone wear suits to and from events except for like taker and Cena. I remember punk hating out because it didn't make sense for his gimmick and for who he was as a person 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lol 100% remember when wwe started making everyone wear suits to and from events except for like taker and Cena. I remember punk hating out because it didn't make sense for his gimmick and for who he was as a person 

Finlay confirmed that Punk had nuclear heat from Day 1 with both the brass and the veterans because in their view he was acting like he was a star when he "hadn't done anything yet' because ROH was non-canon to them.  Keep in mind this when ROH was less than five years old and had already fallen behind TNA.  

10 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

By most accounts it was until Taker took over and also HHH got a run at it. Pretty much when the egomaniacs took over the “fun” was over.

Triple H reminds me a lot of Lebron.  Both of them try to strongarm their locker rooms into adhering to a culture of unforgiving accountability that in theory should lead to long term gain for short term unpleasantness, but instead more often than not creates a culture of malcontent where people can't wait to get out rather than buy in.  

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Triple H reminds me a lot of Lebron.  Both of them try to strongarm their locker rooms into adhering to a culture of unforgiving accountability that in theory should lead to long term gain for short term unpleasantness, but instead more often than not creates a culture of malcontent where people can't wait to get out rather than buy in.  

Triple h being the law is like a politician who everyone knows cheats on his wife trying to tell you to be moral. 

The way Brock is shitting on Lashley this entire feud not taking him seriously at all, Lashley better win or this will be one of the most one sided feuds in history.

While I'm definitely enjoying face Brock, Lashley looking bad inferior with this current booking. But I'm probably just reading too deep into it as usual