Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

There's a trend of WWE guys going to AEW and looking like shit physique wise after. Say what u will about WWE, but they ain't gonna let u get away too long looking like slop. 

Yea man, looks are really important there. 

I assume because it's a highly produced show and Vince is a fan of muscles as we know.

I'm actually surprised Piper Niven is allowed to wrestle there, tbh.

21 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Also I don't understand how "touring" affects your gym schedule. It's not even like AEW has the hectic traveling schedule WWE has

Oh that is not even an excuse LOL 

You wrestle once a week, goddamit.

Is he afraid he won't be as quick and agile? 
Because this guy puts that argument to rest too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSElUFmS69mIqFHZ7pKIkc

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

FKHIco4XsAwY0wV?width=328&height=606

@Maxx When you make it big and sign that juicy 6 figure deal with AEW, please don't forget your roots and go to the gym for an hour and a half in between bodying the locker room in FT3s.  Cole looks like he's been following CM Punk's UFC diet without any of the physical activity involved in the workout part.

Im actually curious how he doesnt look fit. For the way he moves in the ring hes clearly athletic. 

If i move as much as him i lose weight and i end up gettin cut... Im amazed he moves and is as active as that and his body stays that way. 

I have legit quesfions about his health because my body would never look like that if i moved as much as him. 

At least for kyle i totally get his reasoning. Working out and being diabetic is hard and messy. 

Edited by Maxx
45 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Im actually curious how he doesnt look fit. For the way he moves in the ring hes clearly athletic. 

If i move as much as him i lose weight and i end up gettin cut... Im amazed he moves and is as active as that and his body stays that way. 

I have legit quesfions about his health because my body would never look like that if i moved as much as him. 

At least for kyle i totally get his reasoning. Working out and being diabetic is hard and messy. 

Yeah, if he's dealing with health issues on the side then hopefully he's getting those addressed.  

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I know Chris hero has a hard time maintaining his physique due to his medical issues. 

Hero is different because his weight has fluctuated throughout his career even before his first stint in FCW/NXT.  With Adam Cole this transformation happened immediately after he left NXT so it lends itself more to him just not putting in the work anymore vs him dealing with health issues, but again we'll see what happens.

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Hero is different because his weight has fluctuated throughout his career even before his first stint in FCW/NXT.  With Adam Cole this transformation happened immediately after he left NXT so it lends itself more to him just not putting in the work anymore vs him dealing with health issues, but again we'll see what happens.

He has thyroid issues snd depending on your medicine it causes weight gain. Prednisone is a steroid that causes weight issues. I had to take it for asthma as a kid snd caused me to be fat snd its a common medicine for thyroid issues.. My mom had to take it 

Oh Really WWE 🤣 :

"Here is an update on Jeff Hardy. John Laurinaitis called Jeff Hardy to get him back a few weeks ago, including an offer to put him in the 2022 Hall of Fame class. Hardy turned it down and asked for his drug test results because he knew he wasn’t going to test positive for recreational drugs. It took Hardy and his wife six weeks to get the results back." - WON Dave Meltzer

18 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Oh Really WWE 🤣 :

"Here is an update on Jeff Hardy. John Laurinaitis called Jeff Hardy to get him back a few weeks ago, including an offer to put him in the 2022 Hall of Fame class. Hardy turned it down and asked for his drug test results because he knew he wasn’t going to test positive for recreational drugs. It took Hardy and his wife six weeks to get the results back." - WON Dave Meltzer

Don't beleive anything out of Uncle Dave's mouth when it  comes to the E since 2016.  

Just now, Maxx said:

Soo big dave tends to lie... But the hardys have been adamant since the release jeff didnt do anything to be released for. 

Im wondering if jeff got a really bad concussion and they mis took it as him being high. My ex got a concussion at jiu jitsu and it looked exactly like someone on drugs

WWE has a lot of problems but they don't fuck around with stuff like that especially since Benoit.

And the Hardyz aren't exactly responsible for their own health decisions especially after how Matt took matters in his own hands in that match he had with Sammy G in 2020.

5 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

WWE has a lot of problems but they don't fuck around with stuff like that especially since Benoit.

And the Hardyz aren't exactly responsible for their own health decisions especially after how Matt took matters in his own hands in that match he had with Sammy G in 2020.

Given jeffs drug abuse i can totally see their first move is thinking drugs over concussion. Its less a fucking around and more a straight up mistaken diagnosis. 

Look wwe doctors aint exacrly world class brain surgerons over here. See cm punk 

Edited by Maxx
54 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Given jeffs drug abuse i can totally see their first move is thinking drugs over concussion. Its less a fucking around and more a straight up mistaken diagnosis. 

Look wwe doctors aint exacrly world class brain surgerons over here. See cm punk 

Yeah and the doctor armored up with lawyers because he can't have people popping off like that out of pocket because malpractice can ruin his whole career beyond just being the WWE doctor on call.  No offense to Punk but having heard his stories there were a lot of steps he missed that could have saved both him and that  doctor a ton of headaches during his staph infection, speaking as a fellow health professional.

if it was coming out of someone other than the Hardyz mouth I can believe them, but WWE wouldn't outright fire Jeff over a suspicion.  This is triple true if it was a "bad conussion" like you say because they don't want another Benoit situation on their hands especially on the cusp of a big sale to Disney or Comcast.  They'd test him on the spot, and if the test  came back a certain way which it almost certainly wouldn't over a bad concussion, they'd either fire him, get him to rehab or tell him to recover. 

TL;DR there is absolutely zero chance WWE would mistake a concussion for drug effects, because they require very different sort of tests and WWE has based a large chunk of their medical program about those two things.  Citing CM Punk's staph infection is missing the point, and it's laughable that people would give the Hardyz of ALL people the benefit of the doubt when doing what's best for their own health after what's gone on the last two years with them both.  They're just going to enable each other until the next scare happens to one of them, then rinse and repeat until it's something they can't recover from.

Edited by Psychoblue
4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Jeff was out of it during his last house show and walked away mid match. Given his history the WWE thought he might have relapsed. I don't blame the company for taking the stance they took. 

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Jeff was out of it during his last house show and walked away mid match. Given his history the WWE thought he might have relapsed. I don't blame the company for taking the stance they took. 

Im saying concussion til proven otherwise. 

I can believe that. Remember the debacle when the Kabuki Warriors vs. Charlotte and Becky. Now one even had that thought of Kairi suffering concussion except for Becky who protected her the best she could, none of the officials checked on her through that match. Fuck Charlotte btw damn bitch.

Edited by Grimmjow316

I know, I know, we just got done shitting on Uncle Dave's non-AEW word.  I feel like he posted this as a way to needle the smarks since they've taken Joe's new gimmick personally.  Buuuut...

A friend of mine called me earlier this week and told me that Joe Gacy is the first wrestler in years that has made him want to tune in every week to see what he's up to. Shoutouts to Chainsaw for making the leap, I'm loving this character too!  It's like late FCW Bray with a Right to Censor flair.  

Ppl been sleep on Joe Gacy, been telling ppl for awhile he's one of the bright spots of 2.0. He's killin that gimmick, it's both hilarious but can get REAL dark if need be. And that Gacy name had to have come from the real life serial killer clown, which is an added disturbing touch 

And looks like they shipped Big E back to Smackdown to team with Kofi, which seems to point to them giving up on his singles run or he's just there until Xavier gets back 😭

Edited by HD-Man
39 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl been sleep on Joe Gacy, been telling ppl for awhile he's one of the bright spots of 2.0. He's killin that gimmick, it's both hilarious but can get REAL dark if need be. And that Gacy name had to have come from the real life serial killer clown, which is an added disturbing touch 

And looks like they shipped Big E back to Smackdown to team with Kofi, which seems to point to them giving up on his singles run or he's just there until Xavier gets back 😭

Theres a rumor big e wins the rumble as a swerve 

20 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Theres a rumor big e wins the rumble as a swerve 

Right now there's no one with any clear momentum other than the challengers and the champions, so I could see this happening.  If Rollins pulls off the upset I could see this being the move while Roman faces Lesnar for the other strap.