Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Hes basically an older brother to mia. Shes talked about how he helped her through some really dark times from an abusive relationship she was in and hes has her back ever since 

Yeah I remember reading about it. Shelton isn't just a really good wrestler. He's a really good dude. It's cool to see people rib each other in good fun. I guess that can happen outside of Megashock in the 2020s.

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

What's sad is that I see no clear direction for the WWE title for WrestleMania. Said if Lashley retains who will he face? 

Bobby definitely won't retain, they're going with title for title at Mania, Reigns vs Lesnar #5644677. Bobby deserves better than being some transitional champion 

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Why, them chicks never seen a black man before? 😂

Nigga im just cute 🤣

But im also in an area that prob doesnt have alot of fit black dudes. Not a big minority population in the city this shows in

Edited by Maxx

So two things about this bracket that nagged at me:

1)  After Pat Patterson died and you guys mentioned the Cream Team stuff, the only stuff I could find on it via google was from Billy Graham...and while Billy may be my fave old-timey wrestler, he's not exactly the most reliable source for this sort of thing.  

EDIT:  Forgot that I saw Piper mention it, but then he winds up working for WWE again on and off until his death.  That is the part that gets me.

2)  There is no way GRR should be above OTE.  Let's say the Ring Boy Scandal held the test of time and deserved to be #1, you can't in your good conscience put GRR over the Owen stuff or the Snuka stuff.  I'd say Crown Jewel was WAY worse because of the timing of it.  

EDIT2:  I just looked at the full bracket.  Some of the stuff definitely deserved to be on there, but they were beaten by shit that really doesn't hold a candle to them.  How they hell did Vickie, who up until recently I thought was one of the most fondly remembered heel managers in the last 20 years (even my ultra casual dad remembers "the Wheelchair Lady") win over the Hassan angle?

Edited by Psychoblue
37 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

He realized with all his experience and repute, and with AEW assimilating all the other big indy names, he could not just be a bg fish in a small pond, but the BIGGEST fish.   I love his new character and I'm happy for him.

Aew is a good spot for a constant paycheck but its not even like its the end all for guys. Almost every aew guy except the top ones are working the indies so i dunno whats the benefit for midcard or lower to sign.