Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

The Butch era of Sheamus' stable off to a great start so far.  Get well soon Big E.

I want to like Ridge because he looks like Swole Corey Taylor but he's just not ready yet.  It's like when Apollo Crews first got called up in a rush but with the opposite problem.  

Edited by Psychoblue
16 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Big E doesn’t deserve any of this. WWE doesn’t deserve Big E.

Big E got the shit end of the stick in a title reign AND a broken neck now yet he's still positive and more worried about calming everyone else's fears than worrying about himself. We definitely need to be more like E, he's too good 

Edited by HD-Man
12 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

He also hurt himself in NXT doing some kind of apron thing that went sideways.  

He massively fucked up one (both?) of his quads during a match vs. Orcan and Birch. He caught Orcan from the outside but his leg went in several directions it was not supposed to. The injury side lined him for over a year. 

This was a few weeks before McAfees stable was supposed to debut. 

Edited by iStu X
12 hours ago, Maxx said:

So im watching this and i think its both guys fault. Theres def some kinda of miscommunication because ridge was scooping him as if its from standing and his opponent jumped. I don't know if ridge is totally to blame 

Sounds like when Triple H did an accidental Tiger Driver to some jobber in like 96 with the Pedigree before it got over.  It was supposed to be as normal but the jobber thought it was going to be a butterfly suplex so he went up way too high.  

Took my nephew to his first wrestling event, he got to see his favorites, the Usos and Shinsuke. Cool to share a common interest and bond together, can't wait til he gets older and understands it more

Also the house show was in Pensacola, which means Roman was STUPID over. Ironically they didn't boo his opponents either Drew & New Day. Roman even signed a ringside fan's poster mid-match while still being heel-ish about it,  he's a cool ass dude 

Also, Sasha and Naomi are fuckin delicious in person, like TV doesn't do em justice 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbEqfqau6zp/

Scott's on life support. Once his family is in place they will discontinue life support. I'm going to lose the one person on this planet I've spent more of my life with than anyone else. My heart is broken and I'm so very fucking sad. I love Scott with all my heart but now I have to prepare my life without him in the present. I've been blessed to have a friend that took me at face value and I him. When we jumped to WCW we didn't care who liked or hated us. We had each other and with the smooth Barry Bloom we changed wrestling both in content and pay for those......alot that disliked us. We were the "Outsiders " but we had each other. Scott always felt he wasn't worthy of the afterlife. Well God please have some gold plated toothpicks for my brother. My life was enriched with his take on life. He wasn't perfect but as he always said "The last perfect person to walk the planet they nailed to a cross " As we prepare for life without him just remember there goes a great guy you ain't going to see another one like him again. See Ya down the road Scott. I couldn't love a human being any more than I do you

Like shit man.

Still grateful that he was able to live as long as he did all things considered. By all means and purposes he should have died before he was even 40. But he still stuck around for his redemption arc and we were all here for it

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

Then why are they getting the whole family together to discontinue it, rather than the hospital or something saying "it's safe to take him off now". I could be wrong here; what Nash said is maybe not the whole story. But it's not looking good.

Because its low. More often than not they die once taken off life support but their are instances people do survive and breath on their own power. 

RIP Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon aka genuinely one of my favorite wrestlers off all tine. 

The terms “one of the most gifted” and “one of the best of all time” gets thrown out a lot when a wrestler dies but Scott Hall was genuinely both of those and he proved it every night he laced up his boots or grabbed a mic. 

He revolutionized the industry in so many ways and I’m not talking about being a founding father of the NWO either. He totally changed how wrestlers and companies shot vignettes, worked promos and constructed matches for the better. His wrestling mind was miles and miles ahead of his compatriots. As was his charisma and dedication to his craft and more importantly family and friends.

It always hurts when a wrestler or personality from the sport  you’ve held dear almost your entire life dies but only a select few have genuinely made me cry tears of loss and sadness. For better or for worse, Scott Hall is one of those people. 

If there’s a heaven out there god better be sure to say “Hello” to The Bad Guy. 

razor ramon wrestling GIF by WWE

Edited by iStu X

RIP Scott Hall. Back in the day, I loved him as Razor Ramon even before I ever saw or knew Scarface was a movie (I mostly knew the name from the Houston Rapper and talk of the original gangster movie). My condolences to all in his life and his family, losing someone is rough but surgery complications hurt a lot especially the aftermath.