Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

11 minutes ago, scorp said:

100% agreed.

Unless they are my close friends, I don't wanna be around random stinky neckbeards!

I’ve been to both Mic Foley’s and Jake the Snakes one man shows and I’ve never been so infuriated by my surroundings in my life. 😂

Just some of the most garbage takes and opinions about wrestling I’ve ever heard. Being in a bubble is always bad. You should always listen to other opinions and opposing view points. But if hearing them slowly makes me mentally retarded I don’t want to hear it and I’d rather live in my bubble

Edited by iStu X
14 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’ve been to both Mic Foley’s and Jake the Snakes one man shows and I’ve never been so infuriated by my surroundings in my life. 😂

Just some of the most garbage takes and opinions about wrestling I’ve ever heard. Being in a bubble is always bad. You should always listen to other opinions and opposing view points. But if hearing them slowly makes me mentally retarded I don’t want to hear it and I’d rather live in my bubble

Agreed. Just let me enjoy wrestling with friends that all enjoy wrestling lol

Bum ass Fox Sports had issues and made me miss everything up to the end of Nakamura vs Jimmy Uso. SMH.

And apparently, they're looking forward to running Kofi vs Ridge Holland until everyone in the New Day is out of commission. 

Oh well, at least we got a Happy Corbin video package.

Hey, Woods is back! 😮

34 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I was bout to say Xavier Woods been back, wtf everybody trippin over. But I forgot I saw him at a house show last week which is usually non-canon lol

Plus he was supposed to be the third man vs Fight Night, but Big E's injury has derailed that so they were probably figuring out how he could still get his Mania paycheck.  

13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Idk why Ricky Starks isn't considered one if AEW's many pillars. He can talk, is charasmatic, looks like a star and has been dropping bangers for awhile. Honestly he's ahead of Jungle Boy IMO, he just isn't quite as popular 

The phrase is cliche but he has the "it" factor. Dude got signed for one match and they liked him so much they signed him long term. One of the best decisions AEW has made. 

I didn't enjoy Smackdown last night. The amount of recaps was annoying, most of the matches were lackluster and the show didn't engage me at all. I didn't care until Roman came out in the main-event segment. The best thing I say about my experience was the kid who was sitting in the row behind who was completely into it. His reaction to things were fun to listen to and witness.

No more attending WWE TV for me. Left like a waste of money

Edited by Hawkingbird

@HawkingbirdSounds like you could learn from that kid on why WWE is having a massive surge of financial success and lately at the gate despite all the hate the product gets.  I use my dad as a litmus test on what's over because he's uber-casual and can point stuff out that we'd be numb to as longtime fans.

Speaking of which...

It's interesting that Punk and Brock are compared here because the way they look at the business are totally different. While Cornette does favor Punk, in a way he advocates all the stuff that JC warned against when it came to the Indy style, the fanbase it attracts, and the perception that if you're not a super fan yourself you shouldn't be in wrestling. Brock is in it for the money but that allows him some objectivity on focusing on what works and what draws so that he can create the best deal for himself. Brock willing to share that advice with others is a good sign for the future because back in JC's era, most of the top guys were former legitimate athletes who came to wrestling by being recruited or when their first choice in athletics ran dry. Can you imagine Punk trying to recruit Enes Freedom when he said a while back he wanted to try pro wrestling after his NBA career finished?

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

@HawkingbirdSounds like you could learn from that kid on why WWE is having a massive surge of financial success and lately at the gate despite all the hate the product gets.  I use my dad as a litmus test on what's over because he's uber-casual and can point stuff out that we'd be numb to as longtime fans.

I envied that kid because I wanted to enjoy the show like he did but I couldn't. Kids like that honestly to make watching WWE shows better. If my nephews were fans I would them along. 

1 hour ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I don't know about all of the matches announced so far for Supercard of Honor. Seems the highlights from the matches announced are Briscoes vs FTR, and Lethal vs Moriarity.

Bandido vs gresham for the world title unification *

RAW was actually watchable and much better than this week's SD, it's usually the other way around. SD was running in place the whole night other than the Brock segments 

EDIT: Khan said he had a big suprise at the end of Supercard, I'm guessing Brian, Punk or Samoa Joe shows up to challenge the winner of Grisham and Bandido

Edited by HD-Man
5 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

RAW was actually watchable and much better than this week's SD, it's usually the other way around. SD was running in place the whole night other than the Brock segments 

EDIT: Khan said he had a big suprise at the end of Supercard, I'm guessing Brian, Punk or Samoa Joe shows up to challenge the winner of Grisham and Bandido

Gresham wants bryan or punk.. Since they already ars setting up punk vs hangman its likely Bryan. 

Gresham in bryans group makes too much sense

22 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I didn't enjoy Smackdown last night. The amount of recaps was annoying, most of the matches were lackluster and the show didn't engage me at all. I didn't care until Roman came out in the main-event segment. The best thing I say about my experience was the kid who was sitting in the row behind who was completely into it. His reaction to things were fun to listen to and witness.

No more attending WWE TV for me. Left like a waste of money

That smackdown sucked compared to what we've been getting.

I guess they're playing it safe because of how close Mania is.

22 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

About that Ricochet push..... 

Bro got folded up like laundry, wtf was that about? 🤣

And he's up in a triple threat against both members of the same tag team. Truly befuddling booking. I thought Balor had it bad enough.

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Ricochet won the belt and lost 3 matches back to back in 7 days. Dude crazy if he resigns, NJPW would love to have him back 

I could see him going back to Dragon Gate. He was treated like a god there. He’s only the second gaijin to ever win their top title (PAC being the first) 

Edited by iStu X

Why it could be a work:

-it's MJF, working the AEW smarks!

Why it could be a shoot

-It's Tony Khan, who is famous for this sort of thing in his tenure as Jaguars and Fulham FC president

-MJF was close to Cody Rhodes, who set himself on fire for AEW only to be told no one wants him

-Helwani only does interviews with WWE guys, from Roman Reigns to Nick Khan

-Nick reportedly has targeted MJF as a top priority when his contract expires, envisions him as the perfect top heel to compliment Bron and Gable like HHH was to Stone Cold as Rock.

-Cody was an EVP who had access to everyone's contracts and also was as close to HR as it got for the talent, so he knows what it'd take to lure guys over

-Lately there have been more guys speaking out about where AEW can improve after 3 years of silence, even guys still there like Arn, indicating that not all is well

-I want to see @scorpreact if MJF actually did jump over to the company up north.

34 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I haven't seen an MJF interview where he wasn't clearly in character. I'm willing to bet that interview is largely a work

Which makes it funnier that there’s a news bit that TK was mad, and that it was with Helwani.  

we’re working ourselves into a shoot!

38 minutes ago, Maxx said:

That shits a work of the highest order 😂. In the last 5 years when have you ever seen mjf not be in character? 

I know it's a work, I just think TK is enough of a mark to think he's being real and chastising him for it.  

Allegedly MJF's contract isn't due until 2024 anyway.  

Edited by Psychoblue