Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

4 hours ago, scorp said:

I read the Bucks book and he was never super close to them like they were with Kenny.

Good on Cody for trying though, he's given his body like crazy for AEW, so it might be better for him to make more money and have it be a lighter load.

Ive always believed that he bucks were closer to kenny and adam. Cody comes from a very traditional prowrestling background. Never believed he was ever that close to the other elite 

On 3/19/2022 at 7:53 AM, Psychoblue said:

EDIT:  Bro, twitter is in SHAMBLES over Cody officially re-signing with WWE.  Why are they getting so up in arms about CAW-dy?  

No matter how anyone feels about Cody the guy was one of the building pillars of WWE's new competition. For him to leave the company he help build to go back to Vince is huge. That would be if Verne Gagne left the AWA to join Vince. 

Considering how Vince and Co have systematically dismantled almost everything related to Triple H, I think Cody will be fine. And many former WWE guys have said much worse about the company and still came back.

As long as you haven't slept with Steph, you can return eventually 

23 hours ago, Maxx said:

Its a rumor but literally nothing vince has done towards the legacy of macho man has ever made us think its not true

The most reasonable explanation I've heard is from George Steele, who worked as an agent when all that went down and beyond.  He said that Vince was extremely close to Savage and Savage leaving like he did was something he took personally. 

As for the affair bit, only wrestling fans would hint at something like that en masse at live shows whenever Steph was on TV in the 2010s.  

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

The most reasonable explanation I've heard is from George Steele, who worked as an agent when all that went down and beyond.  He said that Vince was extremely close to Savage and Savage leaving like he did was something he took personally. 

As for the affair bit, only wrestling fans would hint at something like that en masse at live shows whenever Steph was on TV in the 2010s.  

Vince has literally had all his close friends leave him or screw him. But savage is the one who he holds a grudge against even after death? I dont buy that. 

Just now, Maxx said:

Vince has literally had all his close friends leave him or screw him. But savage is the one who he holds a grudge against even after death? I dont buy that. 

Vince definitely dropped that grudge even before Savage died.  Savage was doing a lot of promotion for WWE All-Stars before his death and the video package Savage had on RAW made it look clear as day that all was forgiven.  

55 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

WALTER just slapped the ever loving fuck outta this new guy on 2.0. Jesus, probably one of the hardest chest slaps I've ever seen from him

Duke Hudson has been around but he's not really notable beyond looking like Frank Kaminsky.

I'm way more excited for the prospect of Dexter vs GUNTHER, not because the match will be good (it probably will though) but it's a classic case where a big bruiser who has a ton of momentum faces someone who is also treated as a threat that other wrestlers worry about.  You're not entirely sure who's going to come out on top since both are so protected. 

If they're gonna push this LA Knight vs Walter angle, they need to tell LA to hold back on the mic, he cooks Walter every time. It's kinda remjnding me of how Cole did Kross, but not quite as bad.. 

If they wanna preserve Walter's aura, they need to keep Knight away from that mic 😂

Edited by HD-Man

I got a feeling LA probably moving to the main roster after this feud. Honestly he SHOULD, dudes too good to be in developmental, he's pure money.

I'm sad I'm just now catching on to him, I see alot of Rock and Stone Cold in him 

Edited by HD-Man
Just now, HD-Man said:

I got a feeling LA probably moving to the main roster after this feud. Honestly he SHOULD, dudes too good to be in developmental, he's pure money.

I'm sad I'm just now catching on to him, I see alot of Rock and Stone Cold in him 

He's Hollywood rock

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

He's Hollywood rock

I def see that version of Rock in Knight, and he has the Austin swagger about him too, body language wise. I'm definitely a fan now 

Hope Vince does right by him on the main roster, he's just the guy they've been looking for, hopefully his age won't deter them from pushing him to the moon 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It better not. When you look at the main-eventers on the main roster they are all in their late 30s to early 40s. That's within LA age range. Austin Theory is the only 20 something that's getting a push.

Yeah but the difference is that all those guys have been on RAW and SD for years if not a decade or more to build up that reputation.  LA Knight coming up to the main roster would have to be a fairly brief stay at the top and that's assuming the other guys waiting in line are willing to give up their spots to make room for him.  Do you push LA Knight over Owens?  Over Rollins?  Over Drew?  Sure WE can say that to a few of them but Nick would have to be certain the short term gain is worth the long term risk.  This is the same fanbase that rioted when 40+ year old Jeff Hardy was in ONE 24/7 sklt.  We also flipped out when Madcap Moss, who is early 30s, eliminated AJ Styles from the Rumble.  

I think he can do good though, I'm just being realistic on what it would take for that to happen and being WWE just tossed 3-5 million a year at all the guys I mentioned, it's asking a lot.

Bron Breakker is likely the one getting the moon push and I am ALL for that.  That's one case where you gotta establish him as a star as quickly as you can even if it means stepping over all the guys I talked about en route to him reaching the top, then you can worry about building challengers afterwards.   

Edited by Psychoblue
7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm getting tired of Nyla Rose always being a title contender for a face champion. She's terrible. Layla Hirsch should have been thunder rosa first challenger.

She’s still feuding with Kris and Red, I think that match they had a few weeks ago didn’t impress the fans, and in the back. The match felt awkward so maybe keep them apart for a while. 

I know they want to build up Kris but man she needs desperate work on her promo game because it’s fucking awful.

Edited by Grimmjow316
4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Don't know why anyone would but you can watch WrestleMania in theaters

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/article/wrestlemania-to-air-live-in-theaters-nationwide

Because it's a fun social experience if you don't have a viewing party planned already. 

It is really uncomfortable to hear the fear in HHH's voice.  When I was in middle school, HHH was my favorite along with Edge because I had a crush on Stephanie. Now that I'm older and have a better grip on WHY (not how) wrestling works, I appreciate HHH even more as a villain and how the villain draws interest until a hero vanquishes him.  1999-2001 HHH was flirting with Best in the World status, he was so, SO good. It's a shame injuries and ego derailed what should have been a GOAT career, but overall his body of work is incredible. TL;DR shun the HHHate, and believe the HHHype.  I hope he enjoys his retirement and fatherhood.