Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

58 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Current NXT or the black & gold? 

Given he’s only worked with black and gold guys, likely the latter.  There’s murmurs he’s specifically talking about Keith since he had a lengthy program with him before Keith’s illness and the NXT reboot.  

Maybe he’s the one who told Vince to put him in that remedial class when that story broke.  

Edited by Psychoblue

I saw this and thought it was an April Fool's joke because a story about WWE not being tyrant scum are almost unfathomable these days unless coming from current WWE staff, but it looks like it's real.  

51 minutes ago, scorp said:

I feel the Lethal losses are building to something.

Otherwise he'd be getting wins against non-super powered faces.

You got Dark and Elevation for that!

Edited by Psychoblue

Oooooh boy the Steiners are the first inductees.

Are they really gonna give Scott the mic?

Huh, they really did.... And nothing out of the extraordinary happened. I guess Rick might have been commissioned to keep an eye on him LOL

Edited by Lantis

Legit happy for Cody, got a big Mania moment. I was against him leaving AEW, but as of this moment he took a gamble and it payed off, literally and figuratively. He pulled a Drew McIntyre essentially

And even happier for Stone Cold to be able to go out on his own terms in an official retirement match. Kevin Owens sold like death, you could tell he was living his dream in that moment 

How on Earth WWE is able to churn out decent Wrestlemanias (for the most part) with such a shitty product is mind boggling to me. It defies logic 

I watched this with @Voltand @Grimmjow316last night and we agreed the show was in the high B/low A range.  Other than Boogz getting hurt early and Charlotte/Ronda being kinda meh (although maybe that's why it was the bathroom break spot given what we saw with Stone Cold), everything else delivered perfectly.  Baron/Drew was an above average big man match, Bianca/Becky was my match of the night for how it was built and how well it delivered, CAW-dy/Rollins was fantastic and Stone Cold had a proper retirement match that's 3.5/5 unscaled.   I can't say I'm shocked Miz/Logan vs Mysterios was good either: it's clear as day Logan Paul is a natural and even when heavily protected everything he did looked super clean.  I knew he was for real when he planted Dominik perfectly with a powerslam.  Dude's already better than 80% of AEW Dark and 70% of NXT Lvl Up.

I'd say Day 2 is going to be hard-carried by Brock vs Roman III, but after tonight I wouldn't be shocked if everything else delivers perfectly.

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

I watched this with @Voltand @Grimmjow316last night and we agreed the show was in the high B/low A range.  Other than Boogz getting hurt early and Charlotte/Ronda being kinda meh (although maybe that's why it was the bathroom break spot given what we saw with Stone Cold), everything else delivered perfectly.  Baron/Drew was an above average big man match, Bianca/Becky was my match of the night for how it was built and how well it delivered, CAW-dy/Rollins was fantastic and Stone Cold had a proper retirement match that's 3.5/5 unscaled.   I can't say I'm shocked Miz/Logan vs Mysterios was good either: it's clear as day Logan Paul is a natural and even when heavily protected everything he did looked super clean.  I knew he was for real when he planted Dominik perfectly with a powerslam.  Dude's already better than 80% of AEW Dark and 70% of NXT Lvl Up.

I'd say Day 2 is going to be hard-carried by Brock vs Roman III, but after tonight I wouldn't be shocked if everything else delivers perfectly.

I kept telling people in my wrestling groups to not sleep on logan. Most wwe dont know hes a legit wrestler.. Hes not gable caliber but he can fucking wrestle. I watched videos of him out wrestling top ufc fighters. 

30 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I kept telling people in my wrestling groups to not sleep on logan. Most wwe dont know hes a legit wrestler.. Hes not gable caliber but he can fucking wrestle. I watched videos of him out wrestling top ufc fighters. 

Dude, from the moment he had his entrance walking with Miz, the first thing I thought was, "He does not look out of place at all" and that sentiment only increased the longer it went on.  He was freakishly crisp.  

Either AJ/Edge or that triple threat tag gonna be match of the night.

Stinker of the night is Bobby/Osmos, due to no fault of Bobby. Hate he got stuck with this match. Would've been repetitive, but they could've put Lashley in that match with Reigns/Brock since he was technically never pinned