Stage Select

The PC Gaming Thread, no console peasants allowed

DarkSakul

1 minute ago, DarkSakul said:

That's what I am doing now, but i have to have the control software installed. 

What mouse are you using?

Any mouse with onboard memory will usually allow you to save the lighting/DPI/button mapping profile to the mouse itself.  Then you can uninstall the control software afterwards.

Razer used to have onboard memory on all their mice, but they've since cut that back on their new models so they can collect info about you from their driver software. 

Logitech G mice still have onboard memory.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I looked it up, it doesn't. It has five pre-set DPI settings on cycle button but will need to have Synapse on to run anything custom. 

I thought it allowed you to save/edit the DPI settings onboard, but things like button remapping/macros require Synapse?

If it's already on the way to you I guess you'll find out soon enough.

15 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I thought it allowed you to save/edit the DPI settings onboard, but things like button remapping/macros require Synapse?

If it's already on the way to you I guess you'll find out soon enough.

According to this review remapped buttons and marcos need to have Synapse running to save the changes.

https://www.rtings.com/mouse/reviews/razer/basilisk-x-hyperspeed

This is a deal breaker for me. I'm going to return it. 

spacer.png

Finally got it in today, the double clicking on the G502 I had was getting out of control. There's an debounce time option in the Model D software to adjust the sensitivity of double-clicks on the device and save it to the on-board memory. I plan on taking apart the G502 this weekend and seeing if I can get the double clicks to stop via liberal use of contact cleaner. 

50 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

More Big Navi (Navi 21) leaks. These are for the 6800XT (72CU). If these are accurate it beats the 3080 in pure rasterization performance but it's Ray Tracing performance is slightly above 2080Ti levels. I'm curious to see the 6900XT (80CU) numbers.

I don't even care how good it is as long as it's somewhat in the same ballpark  in terms of performance and I can actually get my hands on one.

@misterBeeAt this point all AMD has to do to "win" is show up in the same ballpark of performance with stock. I think this panic paper launch by Nvidia to beat AMD out is backfiring severely. All they've managed to do thus far is piss off AIBs and consumers. They have the mind share, the last time AMD had better cards, people bought Nvidia anyway. They should have just pushed the launch back at least a month to build additional inventory. They've got people excited for new graphics cards that they can't buy. It's a bad look. 

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

Seems like for best results you're gonna want a Ryzen 5xxx CPU and 5xx motherboard too.

Looks like it's time to upgrade my entire rig at once...

Well the 6800XT benchmarks were without anything Ryzen specific. The 6900XT is different story. Although "Rage Mode" isn't 500 series board specific IIRC.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well the 6800XT benchmarks were without anything Ryzen specific. The 6900XT is different story. Although "Rage Mode" isn't 500 series board specific IIRC.

He must be talking about Smart Access memory feature. Wasn't that used when they showed off the rage mode benchmarks?

Also, the wireless mouse I want went on sale today at Best Buy. Going to pick it up after I get off work

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L4BM851/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=ef3070c019fd11ebaa087276c69fe3700INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think all of the new GPUs will benefit from the Ryzen 5xxx platform.  Not gonna leave that free performance on the table!

Still need 3rd party benchmarks but more AMD benchmarks have leaked. Had to double take on BFV. Both the 6800XT and 6900XT beat the 3090 in that game in 4K but all three cards, including the vanilla 6800 beat the 3090 at 1440p in BFV. Smart access memory is enabled but Rage Mode is not for these benchmarks.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-discloses-more-radeon-rx-6900xt-rx-6800xt-and-rx-6800-gaming-benchmarks

Edited by Darc_Requiem

The G502 Lightspeed is a dream. Having a lighter and wireless G502 is so good. I must pray to the gods I don't get the dreaded double click. That killed a Logitech mouse I previously had and it's a major issue with the Lightspeed as apparently Logitech cheaped out on the switches. I will RMA the hell out of this if it comes down to that.  

@HawkingbirdSince I'm not at work, I can finally dig into these benchmarks. Intel is beyond cooked. I mean hell, the performance uplift actually justifies an upgrade from Zen 😮 Some game are seeing 40 and 50 fps better performance over Zen 2. It usually beats Intel overclocked, when it does lose it's around 5% but when it wins.......I'd hate be in the intel boardroom now.

Edited by Darc_Requiem