Stage Select

The PC Gaming Thread, no console peasants allowed


Recommended Posts

So I felt that the PC gaming thread should be here in Tech Talk instead of GD as its more than just "vidya gamz" despite there being Gaming in the title.

What we got look forwards to:

 

Nvidia RTX 3000 series is out
New AMD 5000 series Zen 3 Architecture This Month October 15   Next moth November 5, 2020.

AMD/Radeon RX 6000 series/ Big Navi, AMD will be holding a launch event for RDNA 2/Big Navi on October 28

Cyberpunk 2077 coming, get yours from GOG.com and directly support the studio (and its DRM free). 

Edited by DarkSakul
Link to post

I'm crossing my fingers that Logitech G915 goes on sale on Prime day. I been wanting a wireless mechanical keyboard for a while now. Razer's offering doesn't seem premium enough for it's price point and Keychron is missing too many things I like even though it's far cheaper. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
Link to post

Hell if Big Navi has a card that can place in-between the 3070 and 3080 at a competitive price I think I know what I am getting (AMD/Radeon). 
So far the speculation is that The standard flagship Big Navi card will get to about 5% margin of difference to the 3080.
All AMD has to do is avoid the failures Nvidia has for for on the 3000 series as Nvidia tried to rush to compete their graphics card with the PS5 and the Series S/X. 
 

Hell speculators think AMD got a card that can compete with the 3090, but I wait for the 3rd party test results to draw that conclusion. 


@Hawkingbird the  Logitech G915 looks like a sexy beast, I hope you get it at a good price. 

Edited by DarkSakul
Link to post
4 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Hell if Big Navi has a card that can place in-between the 3070 and 3080 at a competitive price I think I know what I am getting (AMD/Radeon). 
So far the speculation is that The standard flagship Big Navi card will get to about 5% margin of difference to the 3080.
All AMD has to do is avoid the failures Nvidia has for for on the 3000 series as Nvidia tried to rush to compete their graphics card with the PS5 and the Series S/X. 
 

Hell speculators think AMD got a card that can compete with the 3090, but I wait for the 3rd party test results to draw that conclusion. 


@Hawkingbird the  Logitech G915 looks like a sexy beast, I hope you get it at a good price. 

From the rumors I saw, the 6900 XT is going to be priced $100 less than the 3080. If it can hit the 5% margin compared to the 3080 then it will definitely be my card of choice. It's crazy to think that an full AMD machine will be viable on the top tier level. 

Link to post

My RTX 2070 super should be here tomorrow.  After the mess with the 3080 I figured i might as well get what's tried and true rather than attempt to get a first run 3070 that may have some early problems.  That should future proof me entering the PS5 era and hopefully be enough for RPCS3 when the supposedly netplay is done.  If that netplay is worthy then I might move SFxT events to that.  

Link to post
8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm waiting for Big Navi also.

 

My GTX 1080 is looking for an upgrade but I can wait a bit longer.  The itch to buy a new mobo/CPU/more RAM is a bit more tempting though...

I'm running a 1080.  I recently upgraded to a R5 3600 from an old i5 4960, that has made a difference.  Mind you, so did the M.2 NVME hhd as well.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nvidia's recent actions make me thing AMD has something good in the works. The RTX 30 series release was a textbook example of a paper launch. 

I really hope so, AMD seems to be the only tech company which cares about value and the average user.

Link to post
14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Logitech has failed me. There are no sales for the G915. There is a sale for the G502 lightspeed but it's only $30 off. I might have to use my Amazon credit to drop the price.

I have had a G502 Hero for the better part of the last year or so, but recently I've been having issues with it inside of client systems during live calls; which is absolutely no bueno. I'm probably placing a order today for a Glorious Model O or O- and yeeting this G502 straight into the garbage. 

Link to post
48 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I have had a G502 Hero for the better part of the last year or so, but recently I've been having issues with it inside of client systems during live calls; which is absolutely no bueno. I'm probably placing a order today for a Glorious Model O or O- and yeeting this G502 straight into the garbage. 

G502 Hero is my current mouse. I want to go wireless with my setup. It's terrible that Logitech is charging an extra $100 for the privilege. The mouse should $100 max.

Link to post
56 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I have had a G502 Hero for the better part of the last year or so, but recently I've been having issues with it inside of client systems during live calls; which is absolutely no bueno. I'm probably placing a order today for a Glorious Model O or O- and yeeting this G502 straight into the garbage. 

Placed the order about 30 minutes ago for a Glorious Model D in Matte Black. Expecting it next week sometime, since I opted for the cheapest shipping available.

Link to post
2 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I have had a G502 Hero for the better part of the last year or so, but recently I've been having issues with it inside of client systems during live calls; which is absolutely no bueno. I'm probably placing a order today for a Glorious Model O or O- and yeeting this G502 straight into the garbage. 

I had a G502 for a while and it worked pretty well for me.  Ended up giving it to a friend who is using it without issues.  Sucks you had such a shitty experience.

 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

G502 Hero is my current mouse. I want to go wireless with my setup. It's terrible that Logitech is charging an extra $100 for the privilege. The mouse should $100 max.

I'm wireless also -- but I need those AA batteries.  Lithium-ion batteries that degrade over a time are a big no-no for me.

 

Currently using Logitech G604.  Had a G603 before that and I LOVED IT but the scroll wheel started to act weird.  Common issue with G403/G603/G703 models. =/

Link to post
1 hour ago, misterBee said:

I'm wireless also -- but I need those AA batteries.  Lithium-ion batteries that degrade over a time are a big no-no for me.

Razer sells an identical mouse to the G502 with the basilisk that uses AA batteries. I been seriously considering it. 

Link to post
Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Razer sells an identical mouse to the G502 with the basilisk that uses AA batteries. I been seriously considering it. 

Yeah I've thought about it.

 

What I really want is a wireless AA Deathadder.  Deathadder v2 Pro uses a rechargeable battery. 😭

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select