Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

12 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Some Cammy gameplay. Her win quotes against JP and Juri imply that her mission revolves around tracking down Shadaloo's remnants

Of course! I knew that "sundered" word from earlier wasn't random.

Shadaloo's remnants could mean:

1- AKI

2- Ed/Neo-Shadaloo (but they've been misunderstood?)

3- JP is actually not Bison's enemy, but in fact he is an ally working to bring him back.

4- JP is actually orchestrating a fake Shadaloo revival so they take the blame for he is responsible for.

Amazing breakdown of info from K&M. The mini-games are EXACTLY what I said they needed to be for new players and old players alike.

Also I find it interesting that there's a clapperboard transition/results screen for the China-town board-breaking minigame. Might it be related to Fei Long? Perhaps trying to be a stunt man for him?

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Of course! I knew that "sundered" word from earlier wasn't random.

Shadaloo's remnants could mean:

1- AKI

2- Ed/Neo-Shadaloo (but they've been misunderstood?)

3- JP is actually not Bison's enemy, but in fact he is an ally working to bring him back.

4- JP is actually orchestrating a fake Shadaloo revival so they take the blame for he is responsible for.

I stick with "plunderer", being the name of his theme

JP getting Shadaloo remnants for himself

“A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one.” - JP Morgan

Feels like JP in Nayshall lol

Also this

“When a man abuses his power, he loses it.” - JP Morgan

May fit how JP see Bison lol, he clearly did'nt pushed PP on himself as Bison does (on his shell bodies)

“A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one.”

Read more at: https://yourstory.com/2016/12/jp-morgan-famous-quotes

JP much like his playstyle indicates, doesn’t like to get his hands dirty and keeps his distance. 

But I find it difficult to believe that JP is Seth 2.0 (i.e a usurper). So his angle has to be a bit different than getting Shadaloo remnants for himself…  At least I hope it is.

I think him and Ed being PP users in year one isn’t a coincidence. Maybe JP promised Ed to save him from Bison by teaching him how to control PP. JP obviously has ulterior motives and is using Ed.

marisa-x-zangief-shipping-hinted-by-capc

Marisa to Zangief: "Now that's what I'm talkin' about, Red Cyclone! Whaddaya say to partnering up?"

zItcUO0.png

Marisa to Honda: "Pushes, slaps, and slams? I've always been a fan of how sumo wrestlers do things!"

tk1RqSK.png

Marisa to Manon: "You're pretty strong! Thing is...so am I! Gwahaha!"

4g6183k9yexa1.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

JP to Blanka: "Back to the Jungle with you."

nr4jtPG.png

Manon to Marisa: "You enjoy fighting powerful opponents, do you? In that case, I'd be happy to go another round."

qJFYme2.png

Manon to Cammy: "Careful training guides your movements. I'm sure they've served you well on the battlefield."

JlZfWEd.png

Marisa to Cammy: "Your speed's impressive, but I only need one hit to dictate the pace of the match!"

O1SYISo.png

Cammy to Chun-Li: "Thanks for your help on the Shadaloo case. I'm sure we'll fight together again someday."

dQkHrrV.png

Cammy to JP: "Time to talk! Shadaloo's gone. So what in the bloody hell are you plotting?"

5IOvjWr.png

Cammy to Juri: "If you know anything about the Shadaloo remnants, Juri Han, now's the time to talk."

yJnmrLL.png

Cammy to Dee Jay: "I'm hardly an expert on the matter, but your music seems to be held in high regard."

jJMONie.png

Cammy to Dhalsim: "So long as I have my mission, a tranquil mind simply isn't an option for me."

tlat5ev.png

Lily to Chun-Li: "You're strong, and always fight for what's right. The spirits say so."

QD4hEbM.png

Lily to Luke: "You enjoy traveling? Me too. Journeys are what make a warrior really shine."

ysgjozs.png

Lily to JP: "The spirits urge me...to keep my distance from you."

xCw8by7.png

Dee Jay to Manon: "You got serious grace, but ya hit like a truck! Consider me a fan!"

xg0Sjpy.png

Blanka to Dhalsim: "Live as I am? As a protector? No--I'm the jungle itself! UWO!"

Edited by Doctrine_Dark
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

JP much like his playstyle indicates, doesn’t like to get his hands dirty and keeps his distance. 

But I find it difficult to believe that JP is Seth 2.0 (i.e a usurper). So his angle has to be a bit different than getting Shadaloo remnants for himself…  At least I hope it is.

I think him and Ed being PP users in year one isn’t a coincidence. Maybe JP promised Ed to save him from Bison by teaching him how to control PP. JP obviously has ulterior motives and is using Ed.

Would not be a Seth 2.0 for the simple fact Seth was by design a sub-product of Bison that wanted to be like him but would never be, inferior by design 

Whole treatment of the char scream Capcom's intent to keep Seth on a lower level... in food chain/ower level, in story, in legitimacy 

Seth was never designed with ambition, was -literally- a broken toy that convinced himself to be greater than he actually was 

As said many times i like to believe JP has been written with more ambition/intelligence 

Could be somebody more or less equal to Bison, who believe Bison's approach to PP and power is the fool/wrong way to do it... for him the fall of Shadaloo could be just something he expected and proven him right (at least on that part), so his idea of take advantages of somebody else fail (Bison) would be part of his more refined long game approach to things

Bison chosen to declare war to civilized world, JP to blend with it (because likely he does'nt believe he could go at war against it) 

Bison got crushed and i like to believe JP see whole situation as if another billionaire did a very wrong investment and gone broke, wich is time smarter billionaires go vulture mode on the flesh 

Main difference would be Seth wanted to be like Bison, JP would not try to become like Bison, just reap his goods and keep being himself

Man, I haven't done this in months, Story Fam! 

Cammy to Chun-Li: "Thank you for all of your help against Shadaloo. I'm sure that we'll fight together again someday."

Thoughts: I'm glad Capcom still recognizes their friendship. I'm glad that there is still a mutual respect to each other. And I'm glad Cammy is showing gratitude to Chun-Li, as I'm sure Chun-Li would feel the same. With Chun-Li on the retirement side, and Cammy still on the job, it would make sense that these two's paths wouldn't cross as frequently anymore: Cammy is off saving the world, while Chun-Li is now a teacher. However, i feel this quote does affirm that Cammy believes Chun-Li has her back, no matter what. So if there comes a time when Cammy needs to call upon her fighting bestie, I'm sure that if Chun-Li would be right there to help her.

Lily to Chun-Li: "You're strong, and always fight for what's right. The spirits say so."

Thoughts: I think this can be simplified that Lily's guardian spirits can sense the goodness of Chun-Li's heart through combat. But here are some alternative takes to her win quote.

Maybe the spirits have been alive longer than Lily, dating all the way back to SF2 when Chun and T-Hawk were in the same arena. Maybe those same spirits are just passing down what they've seen and felt with Chun-Li back then and reaffirming that her heart hasn't changed in 6.

Lastly, and this  one may feel a little out there and a little existential, but hear me out. Lily seems to be a very spiritual girl. She has deep connection to the wind spirit and those of her land. But who's to say that she can't also feel a presence for other spirits as well? Like say, Chun-Li's father who has been watching Chun-Li grow up this whole time. Maybe Lily's win quote is his way of passing a message through Lily to tell Chun-Li that he is proud of what she's accomplished and become. (Again, a little out there, but an alternate interesting take)

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Ken's arcade mode

@Daemos The game allows you to choose how many stages arcade will have.

The intro to Kens story gives us a general idea of what happened in Nayshall. Apparently the Masters Foundation was implicated in funding terrorist groups while Ken was the CEO. Ken is arrested obviously and steps down from his position. He says that he was cleared of suspicion but his life can't go back to the way it was before. 

The comic preview for SF6 mentioned that there were bombings happening around Nayshall during the time Ken had arrived for the tournament. What's interesting is that JP's CA (Interdiction) is described as this. spacer.png

He can basically turn people (maybe anything) into a Psycho Power bomb and cause them to explode from within. 

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

It's funny because his tutorial flat out tells you this. JP as a character deems traditional physical combat as irrational. 

spacer.png

"Physical combat is a truly irrational thing.
And the height of that irrationality is an
exchange of blows, person to person."

He's almost like he's the exact opposite of Bison in how he uses Psycho Power. The only time JP lays hands on his opponent is for his CA indicating he has to be pushed into a desperate situation to want to use his hands to fight. 

30 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

It's funny because his tutorial flat out tells you this. JP as a character deems traditional physical combat as irrational. 

spacer.png

He's almost like he's the exact opposite of Bison in how he uses Psycho Power. The only time JP lays hands on his opponent is for his CA indicating he has to be pushed into a desperate situation to want to use his hands to fight. 

Yeah we was spot on on this, just perfect characterization ❤️

Is awesome how all animations reflect that too... every block or parry is done with the cane, EVEN GRABS are done with the cane on opponent's arms using leverage to move him/her around

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

spacer.png

Yeah Akuma is really not gonna like this guy. At least Bison is a martial artist and lives to fight. Maybe that silly raging demon will work on this new guy… 😄

28 minutes ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Is JP A murderer?

He said it himself. 

Your uncle encountered a little accident in Nayshall. Nothing more.

Kim’s uncle died from an accident. It’s quite presumptuous to assume that JP had a hand in it. He’s an older man, he probably just tripped.

I’m liking JP more and more. He’s so no-nonsense that it’s scary. He doesn’t do anything than just breathing at the character select. Doesn’t engage in any gloating . Fights at a distance not because he has to, but because he wants to. He keeps a cool head at all times and doesn’t want to use too much effort on anything. The one time he doesn’t shows how terrifying he can be.

I’m also loving his winquotes so far. So to the point since JP sees no other reason to waste his time.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yeah Akuma is really not gonna like this guy. At least Bison is a martial artist and lives to fight. Maybe that silly raging demon will work on this new guy… 😄

This is possible but tbh Akuma would still disrespect disprect Bison much more

Akuma may dislike Bison (and JP) for many things, but the thing he does'nt forgive to Bison the most is probably Bison priding himself as a "martial artist"

JP seem to even dislike the idea of have to fight, let alone see himself as a fighter

Seem pretty clear JP would love to solve every conflict in his chess player style, and had to adopt a close quarters style because in SF world if you have powerful enemies shit will end up in a 1v1 fight at some point lol, so you have to be prepared

The pursuit of Power invites conflict, you cannot seek this kind of power if you are not a fighter. That is also not the nature of Psycho Power itself ultimately. That will be JP’s lesson. If he won’t take the gloves off, someone will do it for him. Be it Ken, Akuma, or something much closer to home. 

JP would be an idiot if he can’t see this. 

Dhalsim Vs Luke

IMG_9332.png

“The world is wide indeed. Walk it always with intent.”

Marissa Vs Dhalsim

IMG_9340.png

“Wow, you actually breathe flames. Bet ha that’d get the colosseum fired up!”

Cammy Vs Luke

IMG_9341.png

“Your movements are so erratic… Have you considered starting over from scratch?”

DeeJay vs Jamie

IMG_9342.png

“The more ya drink, the faster your tempo? Now that sounds like good times!”

JP knows about Bison and his exploits with the Thunderfoot

spacer.png

"サンダーフット・・・・・・?

そういえば、ベガが執着していた土地か。"

Thunderfoot....? Come to think of it this was the land Bison was obsessed with.

In canon Bison's first exploit over the Thunderfoot is before anything. 

Edited by bakfromon

JP has me interested. I'm still recovering from how they (mis)treated Necalli and skipped over G's arc in V, but JP does seemingly bring a new flavor to the established SF boss crew. You better stay away from him, not because he's gonna destroy/enslave/absorb you. You're just wasting his time, period.
I'd lose it if his win-quote to Ryu was something with sinister subtext like "Thank you for your cooperation." (in bringing down Bison and setting up the scene for me)

Now I'm imagining how he and Remy (or even V Nash had he been alive) would get along.

17 minutes ago, Tatsuroko said:

JP has me interested. I'm still recovering from how they (mis)treated Necalli and skipped over G's arc in V, but JP does seemingly bring a new flavor to the established SF boss crew. You better stay away from him, not because he's gonna destroy/enslave/absorb you. You're just wasting his time, period.

I want to be optimistic Capcom this time will finally get free from their own mental chains where new stuff have to be subservient to old time villains

It's since Gill (1997) we don't get a new Boss/Villain designed with true ambition

Necalli could have been great, background wise being SF's pillar man had the street creds to be the most evil, ancient and menacing threat SF good guys ever had to face... we know how miserably it ended due Capcom lacking the balls to go all-in lmao 🥲

I want to believe in JP

But fact fucking Ken is going to beat his ass, WHILE COOL AF FOR KEN, it's already a sign we are unlikely to remember him too close to food chain top, unless they write it VERY well

29 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Necalli could have been great, background wise being SF's pillar man had the street creds to be the most evil, ancient and menacing threat SF good guys ever had to face... we know how miserably it ended due Capcom lacking the balls to go all-in lmao 🥲

But how much of this was fans projecting onto Capcom what they want from Necalli because of his aesthetic? At no point did Capcom say that Necalli was meant to be the boss of SF5 or that he was meant to be some top dog villain. The only thing I remember of the like before release is Capcom wanted to recapture the energy Akuma character design had during ST in a new character, likely because Akuma was not in the base game (they did in a way).

Now let's bring it back to the present... Did Capcom say JP is the final boss or a boss of any kind? No. Did they even say that he is the antagonist? No. But I already see fan arts of JP joining the SF boss crew. Absolutely ridiculous. What happens if next month JP is revealed to just be another villain like Necalli instead of a big boss? Is it the fan's fault or Capcom?

I think people need to reel in their expectations. Capcom is not responsible for not living up to our imagination.

Edited by Daemos