Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Random scrub stuff

+Bosch with the complete costume is very good, hope become an official char with Pencak SIlat going on

+JP alt costume is awesome

+Carlos seems to have his own style, the sword dance is same as FF2 but also idle pose. Would like a mode where we can use these NPCs as "special characters" kinda like SC3

+I can use created charactersfor fights in the hub, it's already something, but still need mode to use them in normal stages, not that hub crap

+Most of alt costumes looks good

+I liked face damage but blood on clothes looks like crap, very glad i can toggle it off completely

+That Rudra guy looks bizzarre but could work within SF, curious to see what fight style they invented for him

+Character Creation is going to be my drug

+We seen bunch of moves for the first time

+demo yay

-VERY VERY bullshit we will have just these 4 chars till spring 2024 (but glad Akuma is last lol)

- holy fuck they never fixed Ryu alt costume pants, is the one i will use most and shit looks horrible

- as i guessed, you can't mix normals on your created character

- Don't like Akuma have full white hair, leaked concept version was better

-Character Creation is going to be my drug

22 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

Besides the obvious Luke and Abigail being personally there you also have pictures of Rufus, Dudley, and G. Also a reference to Street Fighter League parodying the logo for the NFL. 

Probably me looking too much into something, but G’s has a poster for the army.

IMG_7957.jpg

Probably not the actual army and could be what he call his fans/followers. I didn’t really pay attention until I saw Luke’s second costume.

IMG_7962.png

Thought it meant the army, but it could be that Luke is one of the people swayed by G. G’s ending in arcade mode did have him build up a following of other Street Fighter characters. I wonder how many characters in the universe is part of this army.

Again, could be absolutely nothing with the G poster just being a cute cameo and Luke the military man wearing an army jacket. Still nice to see G appear.

42 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Probably not the actual army and could be what he call his fans/followers.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Hah, I was writing up something for this just right now, but yeah I definitely think this is more for his specific aims. His whole aesthetic utilizes uncle Sam, but he has no sense of patriotism and wants EVERYONE to unite, so if he's calling for an army, it would not be for America.

41 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It’s definitely a cute cameo/easter egg because Dudley is in no way a barber.

I don't think it's indicating that Dudley's a barber. It's probably just an ad for his general brand or, since in this game members of the cast have opened eateries and merch, Dudley may be selling iconic mustache wax and this being a Metro city barbershop, it's in demand there.

Heck the barber guy could be a fan of Dudley's heh, his picture's right next to G's anyways. I can't make out his tattoo, but it looks like a Motorcycle on his left facing arm and something is my life" . I'm wondering if the wall is like those restaurants that show pics of all the celebs that have popped in there? Hmm.

edit: looked at the video in the highest quality. "Barbering is my life" is on his arm with a drawing of scissors. On his right facing fingers is something like "ROOT", one of his pins looks like something for the US armed services, maybe former member turned barber?

When my and my pals were watching the stream, we were wondering if Rudric had any potential ties to Dhalsim. At one point I wondered if, given the student-teacher themes, he may have been a disillusioned student who left him and turned to crime.

Ryo's post:

""RUDRA" Rudra (ुढ्र [rudra]) is a storm god in Indian mythology. Its name comes from the root word rud, which means "crying, barking" and means "one who raises a roar" or "one who shouts". (From Wikipedia)"

Edited by ShockDingo

So it looks like World Tour mode has 2 "major" cities.  Metro City and Nayshall.

And then a bunch of, like, single area location scattered around the world.  Which kinda just seems like a version of their stage that you can walk around in.

So we have a made up US city and a made up Asian city.  I could go for a 3rd made up city in Europe.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I'm thinking plans changed behind the scenes? Maybe early Ed was gonna push the Neo Shadaloo storyline strongly in another way and now, Ed's still on a journey, but it may not result in a fully formed NS? Gotta see more details for me to speculate further. Or since the time skip NS or some other org is a thing, but his main look is going with the relaxed streetwear theme most of the cast is rocking right now and his alt will be for ceremonial purposes? Not sure.

With the returning characters all seemingly getting Classic Costumes, please, god, let them have Classic Themes as an option as well.  That's all this game needs now.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

I get why they did this, but why is Ed’s main outfit not his uniform? They really hyped up his Neo-Shadaloo angle and purpose at the end in SF5 and now we see him so relaxed about his mission and fate.

Hopefully, someone at Capcom realized that "Neo-Shadaloo" was really stupid.  A bunch of people that were tormented by Shadaloo get together and...do what exactly?

Edited by DarthEnderX
17 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Hopefully, someone at Capcom realized that "Neo-Shadaloo" was really stupid.  A bunch of people that were tormented by Shadaloo get together and...do what exactly?

Rescue other freaks and lab experiments? Make sure no one goes through what they did? Or inadvertently become the catalyst for the resurrection of the very evil they sought to stop as part of a master plan spanning decades?

3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Rescue other freaks and lab experiments? Make sure no one goes through what they did? Or inadvertently become the catalyst for the resurrection of the very evil they sought to stop as part of a master plan spanning decades?

And display a mysterious logo that shows some sort of unknown affiliation?

Finally had the chance to try a bit Character Creation

Feels like bunch of things could be said, i think when i will be able to save many different chars, create costumes with clothes and design the movesets mixing movesets pieces will be an awesome trip, but at same time can be very limited at some things

Trying to find the right amount of stylization, mixed with bit of new SF6 realism and some aging due timeskip is tricky but fun

Did an attempt to recreate Abel to follow this, wich will surely be my first group

https://i.ibb.co/wJ9wHGB/SF6-sec-slots.jpg

but tbh there's lot of stuff i could have done better... like more realistic eyes, should have added some more height/muscle mass (it's hard at first imagine how big the char will be ingame vs standard character Luke) and nose area needs to be worked on, but overall it's decent first try i think

https://i.ibb.co/gghYCLV/Street-Fighter-6-Demo-20230421054256.gif

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Or inadvertently become the catalyst for the resurrection of the very evil they sought to stop as part of a master plan spanning decades?

Which is 99% of why it's stupid.  Why are all these people that hate Bison and don't want to become him, actively emulating him?

Not for any logical reason.  Just because Capcom wants there to still be a Shadaloo.

It's like that stupid shit in RE7 with Chris being in "Blue Umbrella".  WHY WOULD YOU CALL IT THAT?!

26 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Did an attempt to recreate Abel to follow this, wich will surely be my first group

I'm gonna make Rude if I can.

360.png

Edited by DarthEnderX

@DarthEnderXthe Rude choice for Create-A-Warrior is truly patrician-tier. Very nice

@CESTUS IIII feel you...Created characters are going to be my addiction in this game. I am going to lose so much time to just making people.

This game is truly shaping up to be amazing not only for hardcore fans like us, but EVERYONE I know that games is talking about this game and the demo and have been impressed by it.

This is cool... I never even noticed it before...

This must be from Bison's hat in SF5.

I figured out Bison's motivation in SF6! He's pulling a Dudley and is here to reclaim his hat as his first order of business... Which is probably in some very secure government facility, a museum, or in JP's private collection of black market souvenirs.

I can see it now... Bison standing over the burnt body of JP.... He raises his palm in the air.... And the glass encased hat smashes through its prison and flies to his hand....

AKI stands besides Bison... She hands him FANG's necklace... His dying wish is now complete... As Bison welds the insignia with his hand and places the hat atop his head... A chill runs down JP's spine in his last moments of life...

A new age of Shadaloo is about to begin...

street-fighter-sfv.gif

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I actually agree with @Miðgarðsormon this one. Capcom seems to be taking the Soul Calibur VI approach. 

I'm not familiar with their approach. Need to look it up. 

But it seems the player's impact on the actual timeline may not be that big from what I've seen. Sure JP talks to you on a rooftop at night and tells you stuff about Bison. And sure Jamie has a cup of "not-alcohol" with you, but aside from a knowledge transfer, you the player are not consequential. The characters' fates will unfold with or without you.

7 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

The best thing out of all that is that it could be YOU to bring the narrative forward. The main story could well revolve all around YOUR avatar, with all their interactions with the main cast.

They finally succeeded in making the player the protagonist.

That's not a good thing!  That's terrible!  It means future lore would have to be all "And then Bison was defeated again.  This time by [player OC]."  That sucks.

Edited by DarthEnderX
10 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

That's not a good thing!  That's terrible!  It means future lore would have to be all "And then Bison was defeated again.  This time by [player OC]."  That sucks.

A baseless concern, if you consider how Capcom did constantly retcon every "Shadaloo destroyed" event as done by "Ryu and his merry warriors", or a generic "the fighters". Every time. Every game until V had the "character perspective" of events, meaning that "your character" won against Bison, or Gill, or Seth or whoever the heck was the big bad at the moment. Then, the next game vaguely specified "and then Ryu and his merry warriors" won, and everything moved on with some elements of other characters' stories being confirmed as happened and some other not. V had a general story which followed all the characters (well, DLC not included...), the protagonist was RASHID but STILL Ryu defeated Bison. Exactly like in IV when the protagonist was (well, MAYBE) Abel.

Having a new protagonist, this time literally  THE PLAYER, means nothing about the lore. You could well still have the single characters' stories which depict the events from their perspective, then the player avatar who interacts with everyone and pieces together the general story without necessarily being the one who defeats the big bad. At best the other fighters will compliment you (and all the other players like you) for your help to defeat Mad Gear, JP and whomever the heck is doing EEEEEVIL this time, and that's it. And that also means that the World Warriors managed to train a good new generation who will stand against the oncoming menace. That's the best outcome I could've hoped for.

11 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

The best thing out of all that is that it could be YOU to bring the narrative forward. The main story could well revolve all around YOUR avatar, with all their interactions with the main cast.

They finally succeeded in making the player the protagonist.

It seems like the player character will have their own story with their own set of rivals and villains. They could be busy with their own plot to get involved with the story involving the established cast of the game

2 hours ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

A baseless concern, if you consider how Capcom did constantly retcon every "Shadaloo destroyed" event as done by "Ryu and his merry warriors", or a generic "the fighters". Every time.

Well, no, that's ALSO bad storytelling.  Capcom telling stories badly in the past isn't an excuse for them to do more bad storytelling.  Which is what centering on the Player OC would be.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

thankfully arcade mode seems to be closer to character stories. Not sure if everyone has the same boss.

Arcade mode only seems to include a prelude story though to introduce the main cast. I’m not sure if they’re going to do rival fights like they used to but they may include a Boss character. The endings seem like they’re just going to be one frame of artwork and judging Guile’s it seems to be just for fun and not really influencing canon at all. I’m not sure how much story we’re going to get out of arcade mode like we used to and it seems the main story of SF6 is going to be focused in WTM. 

27 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Nice catch! Something tells me then they may actually rectify the Dic/Boxer/Claw thing after all in this era…

Maybe not with them because they’ve already been established as name swaps for a while now. The whole possibility of litigation from Mike Tyson kinda throws a wrench into that plan (even though recently he said he never knew about Balrog or M.Bison and kinda seems flattered by the Boxer character)  Less established characters like Sodom who was Katana overseas however could just become “Katana Sodom”.