Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Wait a minute, that barber shot of Guile is his arcade ending? 

FUCK!

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

It's unlocked when you beat it.  We don't know if it's the entirety of his ending or not.

The specific quote was “Go through each character’s story and you’ll unlock a special illustration after the ending.” So Guile at the barber was that special illustration and we’ll have endings. If it’s like SF5’s arcade is unknown, but I’m feeling good about it since this time they have intros unlike 5.

2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

So are they going the whole “Charlie Nash” route with everyone that has two overseas names?

spacer.png

I can't wait to see Katana Sodom.

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

The specific quote was “Go through each character’s story and you’ll unlock a special illustration after the ending.” So Guile at the barber was that special illustration and we’ll have endings. If it’s like SF5’s arcade is unknown, but I’m feeling good about it since this time they have intros unlike 5.

I'm imagining something like SF5's character stories, but with an extra piece of art at the end.  That Jamie intro looks exactly like the SF5 character stories.

Edited by DarthEnderX

7 hours ago, Daemos said:

Wait a minute, that barber shot of Guile is his arcade ending? 

FUCK!

I feel like the most we're gonna get in regards to some decent storytelling won't come from World Tour or Arcade mode. I think the comics coming next month are pretty much gonna be it for a while. I don't expect WT to give us anything substantial besides offering exposition to the newcomers on who these "masters" are and what they're doing these days.

Arcade feels like it's gonna be close to SFV's version, which isn't bad per se, but isn't likely gonna offer us the juicy bits. However grinding for artwork is fun (especially if special conditions are involved). We don't need to see another cinematic story mode with "Ryu and his merry warriors" as @Miðgarðsormhumorously mentioned. Mortal Kombat can keep that whole format... SF6 needs to do its own thing. Whatever that looks like I'm hoping for a home run of a story.

Fingers crossed, we eventually find out what's happened to the Shitennou. One of the guys I know from the gym who casually plays SF was disappointed about them not being in the starting lineup.  Maybe the four bosses are gonna make Capcom money in a year 2 or 3 package. 

Edited by ToreyBeans
23 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Think they would need to create new fake country cities by the looks of it. I think this is their way of being politically neutral.

There's plenty of locations across the series that aren't simply [city name], just having a country is vague enough already. Or just not speficy those either and only list the places 

Dream locales:

1- A European city that recreates Remy's 3S stage at night. Music and all. Give us the option to dance also to regain vitality! A lot of European fighters like Rose could be here.

2- South America/Brazil - City with a robust jungle on the outskirts, maybe some ancient ruins there related to Illuminati or Necalli.

3- China/Hong Kong - Just give us a locale that has Gen's Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 stages. A film set where they are making Fei's altest movie. Also FANG's stage from the scrapped SF5 alpha game.

4- Japan - City + forested area on the outskirts where we can visit Gouken's dojo. Too many Japanese characters can be here!

On 4/21/2023 at 7:25 PM, ShockDingo said:

I'm thinking plans changed behind the scenes? Maybe early Ed was gonna push the Neo Shadaloo storyline strongly in another way and now, Ed's still on a journey, but it may not result in a fully formed NS? Gotta see more details for me to speculate further. Or since the time skip NS or some other org is a thing, but his main look is going with the relaxed streetwear theme most of the cast is rocking right now and his alt will be for ceremonial purposes? Not sure.

Just noticed this...

qfPRI4n.png

He was wearing the insignia as a brooch in the original concept art but now it is bigger and more prominent as a necklace.

Think this means that the organization is still going to play a major role in his story. Maybe they dropped the military motif?

Just give me one full, fictional city per continent(plus an extra one for Japan), and then tell me all the fighters from that continent just migrate to those cities because they're all popular street fighting meccas.

Every SF character cuts out their own little niche of said city that becomes the backdrop for their stage.

That would make me happy.

Although, technically, I'd have been satisfied if they'd done the same thing with just one city.  Make Metro City the street fighting capitol of the world, filled with various ethnically themed neighborhoods(Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.) and just have every character gather in one place.

Edited by DarthEnderX
58 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Although, technically, I'd have been satisfied if they'd done the same thing with just one city.  Make Metro City the street fighting capitol of the world, filled with various ethnically themed neighborhoods(Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.) and just have every character gather in one place.

I would honestly hate if they do that. They should avoid turning Metro City into our Gotham city and decentralize events. It seems you can already visit several locales in World Tour mode, but only two locales are fully developed cities.

The creation of Nayshall is a step in the right direction.

Perhaps this is the reason why we are getting only 4 characters in S1. They are working on a "Super" package upgrade with more cities and 6-10 characters for year 2 or 3. /copium

18 hours ago, bakfromon said:

The endings seem like they’re just going to be one frame of artwork and judging Guile’s it seems to be just for fun and not really influencing canon at all. 

I don't think that Guile pic is his ending, I feel like that and the other gallery pic from the showcase with Manon and Seth, are bonus unlockable images like the SFV ones. 

11 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

There's an NPC you can fight that talks about the best kinds of food in Metro city as well as Nayshall, Europe and Japan. Possibly a nod towards the available WT locations?

Bet "Europe" will end up be some generic place lol

But using Nayshall logic it can work, after all Lupin anime completely made up 99 european small city states, they can do something similar

My only problem with that is that lot of cool items for character creation will have to wait the season new areas get released, hope they will make all the most needed basic stuff avaible in vanilla/year1... would be ridicolous have to wait "europe" for a boxing glove or "japan" for an aikido uniform

2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

My only problem with that is that lot of cool items for character creation will have to wait the season new areas get released, hope they will make all the most needed basic stuff avaible in vanilla/year1... would be ridicolous have to wait "europe" for a boxing glove or "japan" for an aikido uniform

It already sucks I have to wait till Ed just to get boxing normals for my OC.

So there's hope for vanilla, at least the glove is there

bglove

will not have the style, but for a while i will have to accept Dudley throwing kicks (he will thow kicks with Ed style too sadly, till we get proper boxing-only char

12 minutes ago, martinitolove said:

What scrapped SF5 alpha game? Please tell us more! Alpha 3 double upper was my favourite game!

he mean alpha version of SF5

there was a FANG stage we never got in SFV

MFG: Street Fighter V - Page 361

wich seem the same FANG have in his profile pic

5 characters we hope aren't in Street Fighter 6 - Rice Digital

The tricky part will be play normals using ONLY punches... if i will have to use a kick with a Dudley recreation will be more dishonorable than defeat 😅 

Then you pick only punch specials

Waiting Ed for obvious reasons lucky we have bunch of characters that can help recreate Dudley and Rog (or an OC boxer) 

Of course 1:1 recreation will be impossible, but a believable moveset for  the character

Luke, Guile, Ken, Deejay, Marisa

Tbh to some extent Luke got more in common with Rog than Ed himself lol, i think Ed stuff wil be more valuable on Dudley

6 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

Right there with you, man.

I'll likely be using Guile and Gief

How exactly does the moveset of the OC work?  I assumed you picked one character to have their normals, and then chose Specials and Supers a la carte.  Can you actually have normals from multiple characters at once?

Edited by DarthEnderX
32 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

How exactly does the moveset of the OC work?  I assumed you picked one character to have their normals, and then chose Specials and Supers a la carte.  Can you actually have normals from multiple characters at once?

The only things you can modify are special moves and super moves appearently.

You pick a base moveset of normals, movement, and taunts, and you pickk and choose your specials and supers.

48 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

The OC will use the normal moves of the character you chose as your master. You can mix and match specials and supers from there

I wonder how many of my OC's I'll be able to create. I should be able to get close to my first version of Gouka will be easy....well when Akuma drops. How many special moves do you get? 6 IIRC? I'd go with Ryu or Akuma's normals. Outside chance of Ken's. 

Specials

Denjin Install (Ryu)

Hadoken (Ryu)

Hashogeki (Ryu)*

Jodan Sokutou Geri (Ryu)

Zanku Hadoken (Akuma)  (Dhalsim Air Fireball at launch)

Hyakkishu (Demon Flip - Akuma) (Cammy Hooligan Combination at launch)

Supers

Shinku/Denjin Hadoken

Shippu JInrai Kyaku**

Shin Shoryken

*I'm guessing you can't have moves with overlapping motions so it was this or the Sekia Goshoha (Red Fireball)

**Unless Akuma's Messatsu Gourasen(Vertical Tatsu Super) is available. 

I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do for Elena. I'm thinking Juri and Chun Li specials with Ken's Dragon Lash kick throw into to sub for Rhino Horn. I have to go over everyone's move list to see what fits best.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do for Elena. I'm thinking Juri and Chun Li specials with Ken's Dragon Lash kick throw into to sub for Rhino Horn. I have to go over everyone's move list to see what fits best.

I'm on same trip lol 😅

For Elena surely Juri and Chun Li will help, i think we will find useful kick specials also in Jamie (the breakdance!), Deejay, Manon and Cammy

I think when possible will try mix as much as possible specials on as many chars as possible, to avoid connect the recreation too much with a specific char making it seem like some sort of alt skin

I believe Rashid will be awesome base (all normals) for Elena, even if lose the all-kicks thing Juri offer, vibes wise if he stay similar to SFV will fit imho... the idle very mobile stance, the very acrobatic kick-friendly moveset (i'm thinking example the throws too) the overall joyful animations

They have very different movements yet i think we will not get a better template

Spoiler

Rashid (SFV) Animated GIFsElena (Street Fighter III) GIF Animations

Lucky we get him soon too

Bit a shame we can't mix normals too... would be cool even just pick punches from Char A and kicks from Char B, also pick throws would have been awesome

Blanka normals wise have some of kicks that wink at Capoeira, but sadly are all in his normals and as normals style he would be a terrible template lol

Supers wise -waiting to see DLC ones- i think i will go with

Lv1 Jamie

Lv2 Manon

Lv3 Cammy

So far some theory planning is going smooth, i think some will be easy some will require a total redesign lol

-warning, editor fanatism post-

Ok, got some days and did some of experiments with SF6 editor

Made bunch of stuff that i will show in small groups (if people likes it), because gif format is easy cheap now that we are still on demo phase but do pics montages is still boring job lol

Let's start with the bright side: editor is awesome, and will improve with DLCs

Some hilarious bad shit

Spoiler

-Trying to create Guy discovered editor does'nt allow you name shorter than 4 letters, kinda funny for a saga that have Ryu and Ken as most famous chars

-Skin color may be tricky up to unnerving, whites and blacks have easy options, but try get some brown or asian colors may require some work

-Skin color allow only human tones and some strange ones playing with parameters, but let's say you want recreate SF4 Seth azure/gray, Oro's yellow or stuff like that, you will have to find tricks (example for SF4 Seth i will probably do original concept version with clothes, painting only head of azure/gray)

-Tits of the editor have ugly shape when you make them big

-I repeat, tits of the editor have ugly shape when you make them big

-Trying to use stickers give you anger

-Max height is very tall butlikely not enough to properly recreate chars like Hugo (wich you will find below lol) or Sagat

-Hairstyles selection kinda sucks, but guess DLC will fix that

-If you want to create something that seems a SF char, keep in mind basic editor puppet (like most NPCs) have shitty realistic proportions, so if you want your char to look a real SF char next to Ryu &co will take some work (usually bigger head, hands, feet, muscle mass) to reach correct stylization

Proof is basic puppet will look skinny and stylistically incompatible with Luke or even a less extreme anatomy char like Bosch

Now time to show SF3 some love

(click on pics for bigger size)

https://i.ibb.co/Xz7tXCm/Makoto.gif

Bit different than the original, but i dig it, feels usual Makoto but older and more SF6 realistic style

I think in final version will give her slighty bigger head

I like have found the forearm/hand ratio to make her hands proper hammers without go too cartoonish lol

https://i.ibb.co/nMCK4LR/Dudley.gif

Really like how face end up, but sad i could not find better hairstyle option

Still think this would look very good wearing more Dudley style clothes and boxing gloves though

https://i.ibb.co/v4f80gc/Hugo.gif

I think the look is there, and the fact we have Hugo clothes surely unlockable (MC stage have an "Andore" npc watching the fight) will surely help

But truth still is while huge he probably still look too small for Hugo... i think he's around Zangief height

This is interesting also because basically you can see there max size (lot of stats fields are 100/100)  a created character can reach

1 hour ago, YagamiFire said:

@CESTUS IIIthat Dudley face is amazing

Thanks, since are very different i was bit in doubt if go with Kinu's Dudley

Spoiler

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/sf3dudley.jpghttps://www.fightersgeneration.com/news2022/char3/dudley-streetfighter3-new-generation-select-art.png

or Ikeno's one

Spoiler

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/np2/char1/dudley-3rd.jpg

Went with the latter (but had to make it more realistic), i think is the most recognizable specially after we seen him in SF4 too

You may appreciate next update will be the original Final Fight trio, but with Cody sporting his Mayor haircut 😄

It's nice that they are taking the time to do this. I'm pretty sure we explored the whole "important questions that need to be answered in SF6" thing a few pages back.

A few takeways/answers though (especially for you my dear Eventshub writer, yes you! :bison:)

1- Ryu is not a master yet and he certainly wouldn't call himself that. Oro said it would take Ryu more than a decade to become strong enough to take him on. The promise of Akuma which was re-affirmed in SF5 Akuma character story is still on, and most likely will not happen until SF7 at least. Both characters are seemingly well on their way to fulfilling their potential though.

Akuma is closer and closer to his Oni form aesthetically. He's missing one final step to forsake his humanity once and for all. He must kill Gouken.

Ryu needs to complete his training and beat Oro if that is indeed the direction they went.

2- Bison is alive. Like, it's not even a question of "if" only when. What's more interesting to me, is how Capcom is going to bring him back. Knowing them, they will assume their audience already knew that Bison is alive, he will return "somehow" and it will be anticlimactic. 

3- I would hope one of the "evil" characters actually ends up becoming canon someday, but right now it looks Oni  Akuma is the only one that will probably play out. Capcom don't have the balls to turn Ken violent permanently. He'd make a great "Two-Face" character in the SF universe.

4- Yes! yes! But Eventhubs forgot to mention Q and the Alphabet company. We saw their stage. We know they are an organization of some sort. This could be a huge story arc in the making, so what gives?

Questions this video did not ask but should've:

5- What were the canonical endings of 3S? Granted there are no SF3 characters there atm, but they are clearly part of the universe still. What's Gill up to now that he is full televangelist mode? What happened to Urien? And does that billboard in Metro City imply that Gill starting turning people (Alex?) into red/blue freaks too? The way SF3 is being COMPLETELY ignored is very strange TBH.

6- I guess this could be an extension of the second questioned posed, but what happened to the Heavenly Kings in this future timeline? What happened to the Neo-Shadaloo crew?

7- 

Just caught up with the latest showcase.

Man, I'm so happy they combined Character Stories and Arcade Mode. Hopefully there's more to it than just Prologues and Endings. 

Also, the fact you can chat with characters in World Tour, give gifts to your masters and stuff means it's surely going to be full of easter eggs and lore tidbits.  So which one of you fellows gonna go ham to find and compile them all? Cause you bet no one's crazy enough outside this thread to do it 😂

Also, special events and collab items? It's so nice that they realized people would use the character creator to create other franchise characters and they're leaning into it, not trying to avoid it.  Hopefully no guests tho 😬