Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

5 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Donnie Yen’s: Ip Man movies in terms of choreography have that feel of what a SF movie should be in terms of a fight scene. 

You understand though that that's, like, legitimately hard to do, and no small part based on Yen's skill.  It's why those movies are impressive.

Just wanting to recreate that doesn't mean you can.

3 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

You understand though that that's, like, legitimately hard to do, and no small part based on Yen's skill.  It's why those movies are impressive.

Just wanting to recreate that doesn't mean you can.

Yes it’s hard to do and you have skilled stunt actors and fight choreographers to do it. Plus you have a full Hollywood budget rather than something fan made or from Chinese  cinema. Mike Moh who played Ryu in AF literally sprained his ankle during filming the last fight. Joey Ansah had bad knees while playing Akuma. People are going to get hurt whilst playing these roles accurately unfortunately, and that happens in any movie like this. If fans can do it then Hollywood can too.

I’m just saying if Legendary has the budget then it should definitely go towards portraying a good fight. I’m not sure how the script or special effects will play out in this new movie but if they have at least one fight scene that has some cohesiveness to the game then I’ll be impressed. 

Heck, if they had a fight scene staged around a car where both opponents and the car gets damaged while the fight is happening would totally feel like SF. Like I said it doesn’t have to be a 1-1 adaptation but it should have themes that revolve around the game. Relevant moves and  various world locations are something the fans recognize and non fans and critics can be mesmerized by. 

Because honestly, I doubt anyone is really going to see SF for its  generalized Hollywood story (besides us lore junkies) or some live action  cast cosplaying the main characters. They’re going to want to see some ass being kicked. Since SF isn’t like MK where you can wow the audience with bloodshed and gruesome violence why not at least try to recreate the games fantastic moveset?

Edited by bakfromon
On 4/8/2023 at 10:02 PM, Shakunetsu said:

Here is a QUESTION  Guys what so special with THAILAND for Bison? Why THAILAND? @Lord_Vega @Miðgarðsorm @Daemos

Nakayama did this very same question to Akira Yasuda:

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/112432

Yasuda answered that's because, at that time, Thailand had the best martial arts techniques in the world. Probably a lot of strong fighters would go there. So that could be a perfect place to fight, and recruit/brainwash them.

Also, Zero 3 mentions something about a war on the site where the Nachappa Reclining Buddha Statue (Shadaloo's mecha) is. That's due to the democratization conflicts from the previous decade (1970's). Also, Thailand's goverment was pretty corrupt at the time even with the economy activity taking off.

22 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

Nakayama did this very same question to Akira Yasuda:

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/112432

Yasuda answered that's because, at that time, Thailand had the best martial arts techniques in the world. Probably a lot of strong fighters would go there. So that could be a perfect place to fight, and recruit/brainwash them.

Also, Zero 3 mentions something about a war on the site where the Nachappa Reclining Buddha Statue (Shadaloo's mecha) is. That's due to the democratization conflicts from the previous decade (1970's). Also, Thailand's goverment was pretty corrupt at the time even with the economy activity taking off.

Thank you very much

wFifQro.png

1jU751n.png

kf16ukl.png

FeQ6Etd.png

Not sure if these have been shared on here. But these are the only other World Tour cinematics that can be seen on if you highlight the World Tour menu in the beta. It has your character avatar meeting Chun-Li and Li-Fen for the first time.

My guess is either the character avatar gets his ass beat by Bosch, or he gets ambushed by Mad Gear. But afterwards, Chun-Li offers you a hand. And LOOK HOW POLITE AND CUTE LI-FEN'S BOW IS!!!

Also gives us a better look at Li-fen and Chun-Li and how Li-Fen has grown up since SF5 and SF3. Maybe might give us a little more insight into how old she is, and by that logic, give us more of an idea of how long the time skip was from Street Fighter 3 to Street Fighter 6.

sHl3fP5.png

PeKECUU.png

JRhxhrl.png

Judging on these pics, as well as some from the initial trailer, as well as Capcom's New Years Artwork, it looks like Li-Fen's standing height is around or a little above Chun-Li's shoulders. Chun-Li's official height is 5'6.5" / 169 cm. I myself am about the same height 5'7" / 170 cm. So just going off of estimation, my guess is that Li-Fen's height in SF6 looks to be between 55-58 inches, roughly between 4'7" - 4'10" / 140-147 cm.

Now, I know it's not ideal to compare video game characters with IRL data and statistics. But just basing off Li-fen's height, my guess is that Li-Fen is between 10-12 years old in Street Fighter 6. Estimates taken from Standford Childrens Hospital webpage - https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/topic/default?id=normalgrowth-90-P01625

So comparing that to her height in SF5 (4'1" / 125 cm), that would be the average height for girls between 6-8. So it would be safe to assume that the time skip from SF3 to SF6 could range between 4-6 years. Li-Fen's at that age where she's almost a teenager, but she still relies on and is still attached to Chun-Li. I'm guessing that the older she gets, the more she's gonna want to be her own independent person and fighter, which would set her up to be a playable character maybe in a future game. 

On 4/8/2023 at 9:02 PM, Shakunetsu said:

Here is a QUESTION  Guys what so special with THAILAND for Bison? Why THAILAND?

Probably the cool ancient architecture. Bison/Vega was originally drawn with an Asian appearance. Since Sagat was already there, they probably just placed him there. SF1 Boss Fight in Thailand. SF2 Boss Fight in Thailand. Maybe there is a deeper meaning but I don't think so.

-copy paste my post from other thread-

Kimberly's alt looks nice even if color scheme is basic af, but alt colors will fix that

Would love if at the event we will see all missing 1st alts (seems each char will start with 3 costumes like in SFV, default+2 alts)

So far we have Ryu, Ken, Chun, Guile, Cammy, Luke, Jamie and now Kimberly

Guess high chance also alt looks we seen for Manon and JP are their first alts

I'm really curious to see Ryu's nostalgia one in video, because on pictures looked bad 🥲

Btw vid make me keep my idea that DamnD will be our first Boss in World Tour, wich to some extent would symbolize our avatar will live an adventure comparable to young Cody in FF (DamnD was first Boss he fought too) making WT some sort of FF spiritual successor

Wonder if we will get DamnD playable or not

Compared to other FF bosses canon wise FF did'nt made him a skilled fighter, ingame relied just on being big and having lot of goons

But in FFR they gave him an actual moveset with some pro-wrestling stuff to make him credible as 1v1 fighter (stealing Blanka's rolling attack lol)

Guess considering capcom loves recycle some archetypes, if playable he could be there to be the Birdie of SF6, but hope if that's the case they come up with something original (Birdie had chains making him really unique) rather than have him just as brawler/wrestler as in FFR

Last, blue suit katana guy

https://i.ibb.co/drJqrRK/katana.jpg

is the same we see next to Retsu* in the cage stage, guess they will be both bosses/relevant NPC in WT too

28_retsu-breaker01.jpg

*while at it, found good pic of Retsu

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/7625a339-6189-4f68-ac33-3464032bfb75/dfh1ob5-c3b54932-8764-4977-b972-ccabe7a22880.png/v1/fill/w_1280,h_723,q_80,strp/retsu_street_fighter_6_by_musumem_dfh1ob5-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIzIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzYyNWEzMzktNjE4OS00ZjY4LWFjMzMtMzQ2NDAzMmJmYjc1XC9kZmgxb2I1LWMzYjU0OTMyLTg3NjQtNDk3Ny1iOTcyLWNjYWJlN2EyMjg4MC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.SGKUCCK75nGBGyj_zul1_wum3eMkByNz0Lo5VNvHm8E

25 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

@CESTUS IIIThe guy in blue happens to be Carlos from Final Fight. 

I believe it's most likely candidate, but we don't have any official confirmation of that though

I thought was one of the possibly candidates (Young version of Zeku and Geki's successor being other possibilities)

Blue as main color and katana on his back fit the char we know, and him helping fight against MGG return would make sense, but still guess we will have to wait game to come out to get definitive answer

PS: love the hair style, hope we get it (and DamnD's) in character creation, so far are'nt in the CC vids we seen

Edited by CESTUS III
4 hours ago, Daemos said:

So who here is biting the bullet and getting that $250 art book then scanning the good bits for us here on release? 🥰

spacer.png

🤣

Don't look at me. I'm totally broke.

spacer.png

Besides, I didn't even finish scanning the SFVCE Vital Box III book....

I might do a video with a rundown of the exclusive exhibition book....

4 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

My guess is either the character avatar gets his ass beat by Bosch, or he gets ambushed by Mad Gear. But afterwards, Chun-Li offers you a hand. And LOOK HOW POLITE AND CUTE LI-FEN'S BOW IS!!!

I think his ass got whooped by Li-Fen....

10 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

Don't look at me. I'm totally broke.

I would totally buy it if Bison was in Season 1 to be honest, but I can't justify that artbook when I don't feel very strongly about any character in year one. 😞

Hopefully all the behind the scene and alpha concept arts make it online somehow.

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

I would totally buy it if Bison was in Season 1 to be honest, but I can't justify that artbook when I don't feel very strongly about any character in year one. 😞

Hopefully all the behind the scene and alpha concept arts make it online somehow.

I know how you feel. I wanted to buy the Mad Gear box. I really liked the Tommy Luke and Kimberly's statues. But $250? That's a bit too much even for me. I might get the book separately on the internet at a later time. Maybe even the statues...

Anyway....

Anyone who plays STREET FIGHTER DUEL was crazy enough to get Gore Magala Ken up to SSS+? I really would like to have the rest of his bio (in english).

18 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

I believe it's most likely candidate, but we don't have any official confirmation of that though

I thought was one of the possibly candidates (Young version of Zeku and Geki's successor being other possibilities)

Blue as main color and katana on his back fit the char we know, and him helping fight against MGG return would make sense, but still guess we will have to wait game to come out to get definitive answer

One thing that may have been missed in the Street Fighter Showcase Announcement video was during what I assume is a World Tour mode cutscene, just before Damnd drops in, you can see Li-Fen and the player avatar look like they're about to take on some Mad Gear box heads, the same ones Jamie was fighting against in the first trailer.

blsgtA7.png

If i'm just speculating, it looks like Li-Fen is going to play a very significant role in the World Tour mode, at least in the early chapters with Metro City being the starting hub. Maybe Li-Fen and the Player are running errands around Chinatown. Maybe they go looking for trouble, or trouble comes looking for them.

From the looks of thing, Li-Fen should be able to hold her own against the Mad Gear Box Heads (she's been training under Chun-Li for years now), and I think while that's happeneing, the Player will take on Damnd as an early boss in WT mode.

Now I'm curious if this will lead into Jamie saving them from an additional ambush, just like he was beating up Box Heads in the initial trailer. I think maybe Chun-Li will find out that Li-Fen was taking on a dangerous gang like the Mad Gear and we'll get to see an overprotective motherly side of her. Maybe the Player holding his own against Damnd, and ensuring Li-Fen doesn't get hurt will be the final task for Chun-Li to accept Player as her new student and unlocks another Master for the player to train under.

Or maybe Li-Fen and Player go with Jamie to clean up the Chinatown streets, thus unlocking Jamie as a potential master for the player.

This is just me theorizing. But I'm very interested to know the reason how Li-Fen and Player got into this situation. I'm excited for next week.

1 hour ago, Lord_Vega said:

Thanks, @ToreyBeans. It seems that the book will be in english both for the jpn and us versions....

Absolutely! I don't have a scanner, but my new iPhone (which I absolutely hate) can take decent pictures. Anyone have ideas on how I can produce quality photos and where to store for the sake of easy viewing for everyone?

13 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Well Done Sir GIFs | Tenor

It literally took a”😄” from Nakayama for you to believe that was Carlos even after we know they update old character attires from time to time? 

10 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I feel like, with SF6, I'm finally going to get "Everyone is Here!".  Just...not as playable.  El Fuerte is gonna be selling me tacos and Abigail will be pumping my gas.

Correction; Abigail will be installing new tires to the car once you destroy it in the World Tour mini game based of the SF2 bonus stage. 

14 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

It literally took a”😄” from Nakayama for you to believe that was Carlos even after we know they update old character attires from time to time?

More the fact he actually replied, in case it was'nt Carlos he would have more likely just ignored the question 

As i told you i considered him the most likely candidate too, but to pass from guess to declare it official i've learned to wait confirmation lol

Of course designs changing is a thing... sometimes we see big changes from a chapter to another, so 1993 to 2023 is not big surprise (specially with SF6 even having timeskip too lol)

I'm bit surprised how he looks very asian now colors wise, when in FF2 he felt more ambiguous... but again, nothing will ever top Birdie drastic changes of look every fucking time he appeared lol

What got me curious how this new design essentially overlap Zeku's young story alt

https://i.ibb.co/WzNkRqy/v3ChXyz.png

But we know Capcom love to recycle stuff and ideas lol

Fun bullshit back in the days of Zeku release on SRK exactly watching that alt costume i had the bizzarre theory that Zeku was'nt doing some "ki magic" with the age thing but simply young one was CARLOS switching place with him (the smoke bomb Zeku does to switch gave me the idea could be a trick) as some sort of tag team action lmao, guess that close the circle for me 🤣

On 4/12/2023 at 10:14 PM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

So just going off of estimation, my guess is that Li-Fen's height in SF6 looks to be between 55-58 inches, roughly between 4'7" - 4'10" / 140-147 cm.

Now, I know it's not ideal to compare video game characters with IRL data and statistics. But just basing off Li-fen's height, my guess is that Li-Fen is between 10-12 years old in Street Fighter 6.

Good info. That said it is my impression that characters that are introduced as kids sometimes remain somewhat shorter that usual, to keep their familiar look (an example would be Krillin; a counterexample would be Aang). Li-Fen could easily be in her mid teens and be short forever.

Also I remember figuring that the SF5 models had a multiplier to height difference of like 1.5-ish against Ryu for visual exaggeration*. As in, a character whose height was 200cm in his bio (25cm taller than Ryu) would have a 3d model around 210cm (35cm taller than Ryu). By this logic an apparent 20cm difference between Li-Fen and Chun Li in their 3d model could mean just 10-15cm difference in bio and put Li-Fen at slightly over 150cm.

*I don't remember the real number I came up with.

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

They are pushing Ibuki merch on the SF instagram. Ibuki’s name is on the sacred graffiti wall. Everything is connected!!!

Ibuki would be nice, and creating nice dynamics with Kimberly

But need other stuff first

We really need S2 to be 6 chars, 4 is fucking nothing lol

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

A cool video about Ryu's fighting style and what is it exactly.

This makes sense to draw a comparison Shorinji Kenpo as the basis for “Ansatsuken”

We know that Restu was the first opponent you face in SF1. He’s mentioned to be a friend of Gouken as well so the comparison of their styles is valid. He uses forbidden techniques from Shorinji Kenpo and is banned from his temple which may have been influenced by his encounter with Gouken. We know that Gouken forbids himself from using Shoryuken except in desperate times. He even goes so far as to teach it to his students despite his adversity in using it himself. 

On 4/12/2023 at 10:14 PM, Chun-Li_Forever said:

Li-Fen's at that age where she's almost a teenager, but she still relies on and is still attached to Chun-Li. I'm guessing that the older she gets, the more she's gonna want to be her own independent person and fighter, which would set her up to be a playable character maybe in a future game.

Tbh SFA arc already had shit breaking the admission standard (wich before with SF1 and even more with SF2 was pretty high)

Sakura there i think was 16 years old, 157 cm, 42kg and never even had proper training, beside have seen Ryu train

sf-sakura.gif<LikeReally5>

At this point there's no much reason Li Fen who's of similar age and is being trained daily by Chun Li for years (whle timeskip i guess) could not be already good enough to be playable in SF6

Sure she's being trolled by Chun in that SF6 clip, but Chun is a veteran and a skilled master... to give perspective Ryu dropped a straight perfect on fucking Alex AT THE END of SF3 timeline

Said that i hope we DON'T get Li Fen in SF6 (specially if she would bring derivative-from-Chun shit), game imho have lot else to do for variety

After Chun, Jamie and AKI only chars i wish to see related to chinese Kung Fu world at this point are Fei Long for dat Bruce Lee tribute and eventually Gen male appretice concept if they want to develope that in SNK Gato way

Or that SFDuel Shaolin Monk, guess would accept that too

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

@CESTUS IIIthe seeds are already being planted... Max's reaction is telling! The reveal in SF6 is coming! It's the only way to make both characters relevant.

Not sure the fuck i just watched, nor i'm Max estimator, but even broken clock is right twice in a day and i definitely agree with him laugh at anything Akuma-related is the only correct reaction

Sad it took him a crappy MK fan game(?) to reach this simple conclusion, when official capcom canon material on the matter is already ridicolous enough to laugh (and cry) for years, ruining SF since 1994

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Will watch it when back at home thanks

Iirc Ansatsuken was supposed to be a mix of Karate, Judo and Taekwondo

SFV had great idea of try creating variety in shotos pushing some distance between Ryu and Ken styles... Ryu having Shotokan and Kyokushin vibes, while Ken showing essentially American Kickboxing/Full Contact

Was cool allegory of Karate evolving differently in different parts of the world

Wish they used SF6 timeskip to follow up further, but feel is rare case where SF6 made a bit a step back not taking the chance to keep pushing the good idea

13 hours ago, Daemos said:

@CESTUS IIIthe seeds are already being planted... Max's reaction is telling! The reveal in SF6 is coming! It's the only way to make both characters relevant.

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Not sure the fuck i just watched, nor i'm Max estimator, but even broken clock is right twice in a day and i definitely agree with him laugh at anything Akuma-related is the only correct reaction

Sad it took him a crappy MK fan game(?) to reach this simple conclusion, when official capcom canon material on the matter is already ridicolous enough to laugh (and cry) for years, ruining SF since 1994

Nah i blame this media for buildings that impression. Haha even in other non-official sources that thing never exist like in Manga, Manhua and other fan made stuff like that before.

Lets start something new that Ryu and Ken had the same mother but different fathers haha.

Unknowing to Ken's dad that her wife is pregnant before when she stayed in japan for a year to hide her pregnancy

Ken's mother left her first born son Ryu outside Gouken's dojo. LOL

I really dislike that SF all of a sudden became another blood thing like TEKKEN and StarWars lol

And that kind of writing right now that either make them brothers, parent or sister is kinda  popular in late 90s soapopera style, it was a decent plot twist in 80s, but later it was not overdone and redundant.

Edited by Shakunetsu
On 4/15/2023 at 6:42 AM, Hawkingbird said:

Seen the vid

Good video and quality wise definitely above usual casual or semi-casual content SF lore usually get

Said that also have some big holes, while at same time giving the feel he's trying to sell you "This is Anstsuken and that's about it"

Not saying vid is bad (is mostly good) but risk is casual watcher just react like "wow this guy knows his shit" because see some research has been made and buy that Ansatsuken is indeed just what's said in that

He touch vaguely HnK about the martial art name, but overall he jump the huge influence anime/manga have on Capcom's Ansatsuken

To begin with the 3 main signature moves have all anime/manga origin that apparently he chosen to ignore

@Miðgarðsormcorrect me if i'm forgetting something, but

Hadoken -> Kamehame (Dragon Ball)

MCU Thor's durability runs a Kamehameha gauntlet - Battles - Comic Vine

Shoryuken ->  Rozan Shō Ryū Ha (Saint Seiya)

Tatsu -> Noideawhatthisshitiscalled (Hokuto no Ken)

Kenshiro Zapatino GIF - Kenshiro Zapatino Kicks - Discover & Share GIFs

Also the Shin Shoryuken he mention at some point, i think is heavy inspired on Hokuto no Ken's Ujō Mōshō Ha (wich tbh could have played big role on basic srk too, but i've hard time ignore the Saint Seya one have the Sho Ryu/dragon element in the name)

Hokuto Ujō Mōshō Ha – 北斗有情猛翔破 - Spirito Puro di Hokuto: Arresto del Fiero  Volo

Then returning to real life styles he does'nt mention some stuff too

Like he ignore iirc Ansatskuen was confirmed by some devs to be not Karate alone, but to involve also Judo and Taekwondo elements (sadly i don't have any source for this beside memories, if anybody can would be appreciated)

But while without source the TKD part have not much ground, Judo being in it's all there under our eyes

Ryu have a Seoi-nage as "punch" throw and a Tomoe-nage as "kick" one

Ken in SF6 as punch throw i think he have a Hane-goshi, using the leg backward swing to help the launch

Ken signature rolling "kick throw" come straight out an old judo manga iirc, pretty sure remember @Miðgarðsormmade a cool post about it in the past

Ken clinch knees grab are references to Kyokushin

Then the way he just random thrown there that Ken does bit of kickboxing, but mostly fail to mention that in fact american kickboxing/american karate/american full contact are different terms for essentially same style born in the 70s in the US, wich mix western boxing with karate kicks... as opposed to dutch kickboxing (wich became essentially the standard for what people usually mean with "Kickboxing") that mixes western boxing with thai style kicks and some Kyokushin stuff

Ken style having huge connection with american kickboxing is'nt strange either, considering for the char they took inspiration also on Benny "the Jet" Urquidez

Last he missed opportunity to point that Capcom itself did lot of parallels between Ansatsuken and Kyokushin

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

He touch vaguely HnK about the martial art name, but overall he jump the huge influence anime/manga have on Capcom's Ansatsuken

If you watch his style select videos he only focuses on the real world martial arts and how well those styles get translated in games. He will bring up other real world influences like spiritually when applicable.