Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Who else thinks that much like the last 2 games, SF6 will unveil and unfold its story or stories in a completely new way. I am thinking now that even a “story mode” aka a single cinematic story experience may be a thing of the past.

Think they gonna try something different, more open and less linear.

Think they will give us 2 stories

-a ASF like story about Ken and JP arc (wich hopefully unlike ASF will expand for post-launch cast)

-a World Tour story about our Created Character  journey

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

Have you read the latest interview at EventHubs? There is no general story mode - it’s all in World Tour from the perspective of a newbie probably.

a world tour storymode would just like the generic morpg story structure

as for general storymode? might be an attract bundle to a dlc season

9 hours ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

I believe Arcade Mode endings (and prospective prologues and cutscenes) are just going to be condensed versions of what you'll learn from the fighters in World Tour mode.

They could also be supplemental (add to the canon of World Tour without conflicting with it - an example of this would be Guile's SF5 arcade ending.)

Still, there is no indication of a traditional Arcade Mode yet. Hope they announce it before launch and maybe have it "themed" around this Nayshall tournament even if that tourny appears to take place before the events of World Tour.

I think Marisa, Ed, or AKI all have potential to be a sub-boss for JP if he is indeed the final boss.

Eventhubs now confirming that Metro City is not the only city. Jamaica, France, Japan, Mexico, India, and Italy are all in. The scale of each city is still unknown, but I guess there will be a lot of traveling around like the name of the mode suggests.

Hopefully they had at least once location each season. I’ll happily pay for Antartica to see Bison’s secret underground base. 

How do you guys feel about this? If Capcom were to standardize the names, which direction should they go?

I guess this may also confirm that the Shadaloo kings on the SF6 Graffiti wall were in fact Dictator and Boxer not Dictator and Claw. Which is a shame as I really wanted Claw in but I guess Boxer may be more popular.

Interesting that Nakayama-san’s asking about Boxer. After all, Nash got his standardization and… Why exactly would he ask without purpose, unless maybe he’s gonna make it into the game as well? I say Balrog. I get the whole Mike Bison angle, but honestly, he stopped looking like Tyson shortly once SSF2 got released. Feels like his own man nowadays. 

Pivoting just a bit,  I’m glad to see most of the (S)SF2 characters in the starting roster, but I will admit… Even though the game thankfully takes place after SF3, it doesn’t feel like it does. Maybe it’s the lack of SF3 characters? Whatever it is, I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Anyone you guys wanna see on the roster? Here are a few requests that would work for me. A lot of em we haven’t seen in a while:

SF2 - Fei Long, Balrog, Vega, Sagat, Bison

SFA - Birdie, Sodom, Rose, Dan, Sakura, Cody

SF3 - Sean, Necro, Hugo, Remy, Q

SF4 - Rufus, Abel, C. Viper, Seth, Gouken, Decapre, Poison

SF5 - Laura, Menat, G

Edited by ToreyBeans
My iPhone’s notepad is very unfriendly…

My only issue with standardizing the US names across all regions is I want them to definitively either drop the M. in M. Bison or formalize it as Master Bison everywhere.

Otherwise the Japanese names IMO are the way to go if it were not the insane amount of pop culture behind the US names. I prefer the Japanese naming scheme honestly even though the US names are ingrained in my brain. I think they need a utilitarian approach and go with the lesser of two evils. 

Another advantage is we can finally canonize Mike from SF1 as Boxer.

22 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

nteresting that Nakayama-san’s asking about Boxer. After all, Nash got his standardization and… Why exactly would he ask without purpose, unless maybe he’s gonna make it into the game as well?

his name was on the wall. I think Boxer and Dictator are the next SF2 characters after Akuma. Hope this won’t impact Dudley’s chances as he one of the coolest SF3 characters.

think they should pace the SF2 releases over the next two seasons. I’m dying to see them because we’ve been waiting decades to see how SF2 looks after SF3, but I understand that some characters from Alpha and 3 need to make it in.

the next 3 seasons is that lead into the Super rerelease are gonna be so exciting!

The character select screen can accommodate 22 more characters for a total of 40.

My wishes/Guesses are:

S0 - Ed, Rashid, Akuma, AKI (22)

S1 - Dictator, Boxer, Sakura, Cody, Q, big SF3 rep like Ibuki or Alex (28)

S2 - Urien, Rainbow Mika, big Mad Gear rep, Sagat, Laura/Sean, New (34)

S3 - Twelve, Makoto, Claw, Viper, Rose, New (40)

Edited by Daemos
40 minutes ago, Daemos said:

My only issue with standardizing the US names across all regions is I want them to definitively either drop the M. in M. Bison or formalize it as Master Bison everywhere.

Otherwise the Japanese names IMO are the way to go if it were not the insane amount of pop culture behind the US names. I prefer the Japanese naming scheme honestly even though the US names are ingrained in my brain. I think they need a utilitarian approach and go with the lesser of two evils. 

Another advantage is we can finally canonize Mike from SF1 as Boxer.

his name was on the wall. I think Boxer and Dictator are the next SF2 characters after Akuma. Hope this won’t impact Dudley’s chances as he one of the coolest SF3 characters.

think they should pace the SF2 releases over the next two seasons. I’m dying to see them because we’ve been waiting decades to see how SF2 looks after SF3, but I understand that some characters from Alpha and 3 need to make it in.

the next 3 seasons is that lead into the Super rerelease are gonna be so exciting!

Master would be the better or Lord of Shadaloo

Mike for Balrog

Claw

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

The character select screen can accommodate 22 more characters for a total of 40.

My wishes/Guesses are:

S0 - Ed, Rashid, Akuma, AKI (22)

S1 - Dictator, Boxer, Sakura, Cody, Q, big SF3 rep like Ibuki or Alex (28)

S2 - Urien, Rainbow Mika, big Mad Gear rep, Sagat, Laura/Sean, New (34)

S3 - Twelve, Makoto, Claw, Viper, Rose, New (40)

I was wrong... There is room for a 5th and final season but it would be tight, which would mean SF6 can break the record like SF5 did by giving us 46 characters from 45.

zutoyyR.jpg

The bottom most right and left slots could be for "random select" or just left empty.

With 46 characters, we can have another 1-2 new characters and 4-5 more returning favorites.

5 years of support seems more than reasonable given the success of the SF5 platform. Exciting times indeed!

Edited by Daemos

That’s ton of slots lol! They may keep the character select screen for the next 5-7 years. But if history repeats itself, we may have a fresh coat of paint a la SSFIV and SFVAE. But one thing’s for sure, all this speculation gots me juiced!

Y’all gon let me be the only one here that’s getting the Mad Gear Box?? 😝 

17 hours ago, Daemos said:

How do you guys feel about this? If Capcom were to standardize the names, which direction should they go?

I think neither region get's it totally right.

Bison, a big strong beast, is the perfect name for Boxer.

Vega, an actual Spanish name, is a fitting name for Claw.

Balrog, a demon of shadow and flame, is a great name for Dictator.

16 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Anyone you guys wanna see on the roster?

everyone-angry.gif

2pP2Dls.png

Edited by DarthEnderX
25 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

It's a common Spanish name today yes, but it is a very old word Latin word with roots in Arabic and links to Astronomy. It makes sense that the first SF character that can literally become a large ball of fire be named after a star.

Balrog fits him too but it will further increase confusion.

M. Vega is the way to go in English.

Everyone @here go vote naaaahw!!! ❤️

I remember hearing about the basis of dictator's name being Vega related to astronomy... But if I didn't know that, I'd have way too many questions. Like why does this guy even have a Hispanic name and he doesn't seem Hispanic like at all?? I told my wife who doesn't follow SF at all about how dictator is called Vega in Japan and she said it doesn't make sense. Claw dude is Vega to her. M. Vega just doesn't hit that spot like M. Bison does. Bison sounds like the name of someone who rules with an edge of ruthlessness. 

Edited by ToreyBeans
2 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Yes, but the Japanese named them so because they were referencing things THEY knew.

In Japan, Vega was first and foremost the evil alien emperor in UFO Robot Grendizer.

And Capcom had already used Balrog in Strider, so it was more of a self-reference.

1 hour ago, Miðgarðsorm said:

In Japan, Vega was first and foremost the evil alien emperor in UFO Robot Grendizer.

I'm old enough to remember him!!! 😄

The polls are very much in favor of the US naming scheme for better or worse. I would've preferred if we get the Japanese names as I said, because these are Japanese characters and it would honor the decision of the original creators before marketing got involved. However, marketing will win out again.

edit-

One of two SF6 Bison arts courtesy of Nakayama

rH6EjAK.jpg

Edited by Daemos
On 2/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, Sonero said:

I hope the aftermath of 3S gets retconned to Alex losing like the cuck he is.

🙏

Somebody joined MegaShock an hour ago and 36 minutes ago they downvoted this comment.

Just wanna let you guys know that I'm happy to triple down on this. I hope Marisa pegs Alex while he watches a vid of Hugo beating him in a wrestling match.

😤

On 3/10/2023 at 2:29 AM, Daemos said:

I guess this may also confirm that the Shadaloo kings on the SF6 Graffiti wall were in fact Dictator and Boxer not Dictator and Claw. Which is a shame as I really wanted Claw in but I guess Boxer may be more popular.

They should leave names the fuck alone

PYant9p.gif

Japanese names has been iconic to japanese audience for decades

Western names has been iconic to rest of the world audience for decades

Community even already found universal names  (Dictator, Claw, Boxer) to dodge confusion without need to change shit

If forced to pick (wich again i think would be an error) i would say keep western because

-i'm personally used to these at this point

-it's by far the most common all around the world, so touch it would generate more confusion

-Despite the original meaning at my ear they sound overall better:

M.Bison demand respect, fit well Dictator

Vega is sharp and perfect for Claw as much as "Balrog" would suck on him

Balrog makes think at a brute ferocious monster, fitting well Boxer

Western names are 3 on 3 good with Vega/Claw being great

Jap ones would have a great one M(ike)Bison/Boxer but at the price of ruin badly Claw, 2 good 1 bad

Got western winningby Split Decision

Btw

7 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

I think neither region get's it totally right.

Bison, a big strong beast, is the perfect name for Boxer.

This Guy Gets It Nick Offerman GIF - This Guy Gets It Nick Offerman -  Discover & Share GIFs

I mean, i know Vega and Balrog have different origins, but  even if "wrong" still would be perfect combination

Bison to Tyson, plus Boxer's "symbol animal" is a bull

Zorro surname to the aristocratic masked spaniard that play with blades

Tolkien's demon name to the devilish boss, plus darkness and flames thing

Afgan - So Wrong But So Right (Official Video) - YouTube

Edited by CESTUS III

@CESTUS IIIjust vote for "master" please.

The worst case scenario for they keep the names as is but officially make Boxer Mike and Dictator Master. Which I think is the most respectful approach.

But I think they may be getting ready to pull the trigger on this one with everything becoming more and more globalized. Which if it's the case, we will sadly have to go with US names.

Edited by Daemos