Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

39 minutes ago, bakfromon said:

Has JP been confirmed to be G? (I'm soo tired of acronyms I'm surprised DeeJay hasn't been abbreviated to DJ)

5 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I don't think so. Not sure what Shaku is smoking there.

sorry my bad i'm just thinking of something lately that  haha

4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

From Nakayama, they made this comic because JP’s VA was talking about cats during recording.

This is because SF6 is so simple to play in Dynamic Mode that it can be played by a simple house cat (Neko-chan: ちゃん)   Infact they even 3D printed a controller for your cat to use  to play SF6

Japanese Marketing is so weird 😂

Edited by bakfromon
12 hours ago, bakfromon said:

This is because SF6 is so simple to play in Dynamic Mode that it can be played by a simple house cat (Neko-chan: ちゃん)   Infact they even 3D printed a controller for your cat to use  to play SF6

Japanese Marketing is so weird 😂

"Can be played by a simple house cat" being the new "opening to western market" 

Cats should feel offended imho

It's a great song. Not sure if it will have the same worldwide appeal as Indestructible. I will say that whenever the devs show reverence or give nods to the SF2AM I take it as a great sign. It means they know what's up, because that film not only captured but forged the spirit of Street Fighter. It might as well be canon because of how foundational it has become to the series.

Edited by Daemos
41 minutes ago, Daemos said:

It's a great song. Not sure if it will have the same worldwide appeal as Indestructible

Bro... This song is so great it literally took an unknown singer and propelled her into stardom.

Spoiler

"Itoshisa to Setsunasa to Kokoro Zuyosa to"(恋しさとせつなさと心強さと, lit. "This Love, This Pain, This Strength of Heart")is the fourth singleby Japanese singer Ryōko Shinohara, released on July 21, 1994, by Epic Records/Sony Music Entertainment Japan under the Tokyo Performance Doll label Cha-Dance. Written and produced by Tetsuya Komuro, the song was used in the Japanese release of the 1994 anime film Street Fighter II: The Animated Movieduring the scene where Ryu and Ken Masters team up to fight Vega/M. Bison. The B-side is "Good Luck", which was also featured in the film as the ending theme.

The single was Shinohara's breakthrough hit, staying at No. 1 on Oricon's singles chart for two weeks and peaking at No. 3 on Oricon's year-ending singles chart. It also made Shinohara the first female artist in Japan to sell two million singles. The song received the Excellence Award and the Arrangement Award at the 36th Japan Record Awards, the Wired Music Excellence Award at the 27th Japan Cable Awards, and the Best 5 Singles Award at the Japan Gold Disc Awards. Shinohara performed the song on the 45th and the 73rd Kōhaku Uta Gassen.

In 2019, the song was nominated for the Movie Theme Song Award (映画主題歌賞, Eiga Shudaika-shō) for the years 1989 to 1999 at Sony Music Entertainment Japan's Heisei Anison Awards (平成アニソン大賞, Heisei Anison Taishō). In 2022, Shinohara and Komuro reunited to re-record the song as the Japanese image song for Street Fighter 6.

That's literally an award winning song and it got it start being featured in the SF anime movie. Which is why it's being used for promotion overseas because it's that familiar with them. 

7 hours ago, bakfromon said:

That's literally an award winning song and it got it start being featured in the SF anime movie. Which is why it's being used for promotion overseas because it's that familiar with them. 

it's mostly seen in SNES commercial for JP

it's even in Ultra SF2 promo, seem perfect because of the dramatic battle

kinda off for SFV and SF6 

I’m bored so bear with me. Here is a list it SF canonical matters that are up in the air that should hopefully be addressed in the upcoming era:

1- Akuma and Gouken situation (ideally Gouken dies to propel story forward)

2- Akuma paternity test

3- Did Oro train Ryu after SF3?

4- Urien ending 3S

5- Twelve ending 3S

6- White pupils. Who gets them and why? Bison and Dhalsim have then because god tier transcendent super humans, but Rolento and post Shadaloo Sagat? Makes no sense for them.

7- Who pays for Ryu’s costs of living and transportation.

8- If G was the final boss for the post-ASF era in SF5 does that mean that Gill was the one to beat him? Does this mean G’s story is done? Or is this all confusion and G was planned to be a future villain?

9- Bison and Vega’s relationship. There is juice and tea here that they ain’t spilling. Is Bison his father figure? 
10- Ross “time travel” cliffhanger. Like who does that without an explanation?!

11- JP’s source of PP knowledge/skill 

12- who and why is Q? Where? How?

13- Remy’s dad

14- what happened between Alex and Gill. Has Gill gone full televangelist? Is Alex a believer? Alex is the fire herald?

15- jessica and Cody?

16- Obvious one but SF2/Alpha 3 overlap shitshow. Maybe a solution or retcon

17- Ed’s fate

please add more if you can think of anything, but SF6 has a lot to answer for before introducing new or bigger questions 

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I’m bored so bear with me. Here is a list it SF canonical matters that are up in the air that should hopefully be addressed in the upcoming era:

-cut-

please add more if you can think of anything, but SF6 has a lot to answer for before introducing new or bigger questions 

Going to play and reply these

1- Akuma and Gouken situation (ideally Gouken dies to propel story forward)

Yeah, sadly i think the obvious way to push the ansatsuken family drama forward is have SF6 Akuma spear being able to go through Gouken's SF4 shield and kill him

Not sure if Gouken need or not to be playable in SF6 for that, can die as NPC too

2- Akuma paternity test

Not necessary a fan of this, but my opinion is the idea of Akuma being Ryu's father at least crossed their mind, guess would at least further justify their boring obsession for Akuma as undisputed figure that need to be solved before we can move on.

Guess narrative wise this -my opinion- would have weaker effect now that Ryu seems an old ass grown man rather than the still youthful figure he had till SFV, for that kind of drama i think the son needs to look somehow in a younger side (see Jin punching dad and grandpa in TK)

3- Did Oro train Ryu after SF3?

Guess they can go for a middle way IF they want, like make that Ryu somewhere in the timeskip had the chance to meet Oro and train under him for some time, but of course not the years of training Oro had in mind in his quotes. We seen Ryu does'nt seem to have changed much his own ansatsuken style in favor of a Oro contamination, if anything SF6 Ryu moved closer to Gouken than he previously was in SFV (just like he was in SF3)

But the interesting part is his Shin Shoryuken (basic lv3 super) use some red ki, wich can be something Oro helped him to develop or simply Ryu started developing on his own Ansatsuken path approaching the kind of skills (in and out SnH) Goutetsu was said to have

4- Urien ending 3S

I like that ending, Urien attempting to kill Gill with an explosion (after being unable to kill him in direct combat) would make even more sense now that SFV changed the canon dynamic between them.

The outcome would be Urien as indipendent player with his scientists and resources, working as a rival of Secret Society

5- Twelve ending 3S

If they want to keep use these white rubber puppets, they better remember this ending wich was the only thing to make them interesting... btw is important consider iirc Twelve is'nt the only that had self awareness awakened by the power up, was hinted a more advanced model had same thing going on, even if we seen only Twelve

6- White pupils. Who gets them and why? Bison and Dhalsim have then because god tier transcendent super humans, but Rolento and post Shadaloo Sagat? Makes no sense for them.

Doubt will be adressed in SF6, as it's been long time around and they never bothered

Btw there's the anime visual explanation where no pupils mean soulless or able to conceal their soul/emotions wich guess can work for lot of characters... Bison for obvious reasons, Sim due meditation, Rolento due battlefield war shit he seen in his life, Sagat being depressed/obsessed by revenge (the scar it's also a scar on his soul)... then you have an happy guy like Hakan sporting it, and you realize it's just stylistical choice and once in a while Capcom love drop a char with that

7- Who pays for Ryu’s costs of living and transportation.

We already know that, it's already canon

Ryu does small jobs here and there where he can use his strenght (construction, bouncer etc) and occasionally bet money on himself in underground fighting stuff

8- If G was the final boss for the post-ASF era in SF5 does that mean that Gill was the one to beat him? Does this mean G’s story is done? Or is this all confusion and G was planned to be a future villain?

Gill defeated him in SFV, but this in no way mean G story is over

Gill does'nt do anything to prevent G to keep do his spread the message stuff

9- Bison and Vega’s relationship. There is juice and tea here that they ain’t spilling. Is Bison his father figure? 

You know better than me that this is 100% fan fiction, and that anything in that direction so far has been fanfiction stuff
10- Ross “time travel” cliffhanger. Like who does that without an explanation?!

I think is one of the possible solution for the "World is doomed" vision that G had and seem to be correct as later Rose had it too

It can truly have 99 applications, from simply Rose canon story having a "small" change of past events to prevent moons from happen*, up to huge move to reboot SF back to when Ryu and Ken had more marketable age lol

*wich could mean ASF never happened either and Shadaloo in the changed future still exist in its post-SF4 Dictator+Vega and Rog version

11- JP’s source of PP knowledge/skill 

This is a cool one and pretty sure to some extent will be explained in SF6

12- who and why is Q? Where? How?

More interesting to me is what link there's between G and Q, specially now that we know SF6 is post-SFV but also post-SF3

13- Remy’s dad

Tbh have some doubts they will even resurrect Remy beynd make him NPC in Manon's area, solve also his never seen unknown father feels a further stretch... but surely could be interesting if they ever do, Remy's father is already cooler than Remy lol

14- what happened between Alex and Gill. Has Gill gone full televangelist? Is Alex a believer? Alex is the fire herald?

-Alex defeated Gill (bonus points if they confirm Gill somehow trolled/jobbed for his own gimmick plans)

-Yes he did, we see giant signs of Secret Society message in SF6 MC main square. They became an official cult/religion

-No. If anything from existing characters i think G could have more chances for a bunch of reasons

15- jessica and Cody?

Good question. Marlowe and Cody though?

16- Obvious one but SF2/Alpha 3 overlap shitshow. Maybe a solution or retcon

It's gone, let it go

"Stuff happened"

17- Ed’s fate

Well, will be indeed his SF6 arc

Interesting how SF6 Ed as chara design seems to have already moved on, past Falke nightmares

But tbh we have just a concept sketch

Very curious to see also if we guessed right about Ed and JP link

Mine are

1- We will see Tom and know why Urien hates him?

2- Since we will almost surely see Menat, Maggio will be with her or SF6 will forget SFV lore? Timeskip would make them ready to fullfill the JoJo Caesar-Joseph role they was designed for (my guess being Maggio will likely be just a NPC in Menat area at best)

3- Eagle owning the company that helps Ken, mean we will see an old Eagle as NPC or even playable char (NPC imho mor likely) ?

4- There's more to know about SFV Byron?

5- Necalli is truly gone forevah? (highly likely)

6- Will they take SF6 as chance to resurrect the idea of Gen's disciple looking for revenge?

7- What's current Bison situation?

8- What's G origins and real look (beside the farce he does for people)?

9- We will know the reason behind G and Q similarities?

10- Is Belger alive/active?

@CESTUS III

I didn't even know Urien hates him. Where is this from?

2- Since we will almost surely see Menat, Maggio will be with her or SF6 will forget SFV lore? Timeskip would make them ready to fullfill the JoJo Caesar-Joseph role they was designed for (my guess being Maggio will likely be just a NPC in Menat area at best)

But I want Rose!

3- Eagle owning the company that helps Ken, mean we will see an old Eagle as NPC or even playable char (NPC imho mor likely) ?

I really hope Eagle comes back and that JP doesn't fulfill the gentleman quota.

4- There's more to know about SFV Byron?

Missed opportunity to make him an Illuminati double agent. Maybe he will come back...

5- Necalli is truly gone forevah? (highly likely)

I think Necalli is going to be SF6's Seth. The villain from the previous game back with a vengeance and a killer upgrade/update.

6- Will they take SF6 as chance to resurrect the idea of Gen's disciple looking for revenge?

Someone needs to help kill Akuma.

7- What's current Bison situation?

The last host body is currently regenerating in a super secret abandoned underground Shadaloo facility in the Gobi desert. Everything is proceeding as he has foreseen. S2!

I think this warrants its own arc. There is so much potential.

See above.

Cyborg Belger running an underground ring in world tour mode would be icing on the cake!

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

@CESTUS III

I didn't even know Urien hates him. Where is this from?

SF wiki does'nt give us the source for this, but

"Urien seems to have a connection to Tom; when Alex asks if Urien knew someone named Tom, Urien becomes upset and demands that name to never be mentioned again."

Someone needs to help kill Akuma.

Tbh i doubt they will let anybody interfere in the final Ryu vs Akuma making it anything else from a 1v1

But i like the idea of Gen's disciple as char, so guess him being thrown at Akuma getting Adon's treatment could work if we get him playable

I think this warrants its own arc. There is so much potential.

See above.

Yeah, but at same time i fear if SF6 does'nt pick up G arc where SFV left it, risk is SF7 will simply move on with new stuff

Cyborg Belger running an underground ring in world tour mode would be icing on the cake!

Iirc Cyborg Belger is'nt canon, up to SFV Belger was still alive but as simple human

But it's true we got timeskip and capcom may chose to pick up that old idea... guess lot will depend if Belger still rule MC crime and he needs an upgrade, or if he became an has been and some new character is the boss of MC

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

20 hours ago, Daemos said:

I just want to see Phantom Bison and Kage fight over a Ryu clone body, that Kage wins.  Because if I have to keep putting up with this Evil Ryu motherfucker in every game, I want him to at least be a real, physical character.

27 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

I just want to see Phantom Bison and Kage fight over a Ryu clone body, that Kage wins.  Because if I have to keep putting up with this Evil Ryu motherfucker in every game, I want him to at least be a real, physical character.

My dream is they make playable version of physical Kage too

As exclusive character in a game called Trash Fighters X

Full cast being permanently exclusive to this new series

Launch 20 cast:

Evil Ryu - Kage - Physical Kage -Liquid Kage

Akuma - Shin Akuma - Cyber Akuma - Oni

Adult Sakura - Schoolgirl Sakura - Sun Burnt Sakura - Pregnant Sakura

Brainwashed Ken - Violent Ken - Pacifist Ken - Gore Magala Ken

New chars: Dark Katana - Master Edge - Crimson Fist - Lord Lucifer

Pre-order Max Edge X edition to include:

10 free psychologist session to erase memories of high school bullies

A Matrix style trenchcoat

5 Dark Star Karate lessons at the closest McDojo

Season 1 DLC: Satsui no Hado Sean - Decapre - Phantom Bison - Ragna Bloodedge

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

🤦🏾‍♂️ Hollywood is going for a …..Third Strike  🥁 with a new SF live action film in the works 

Wonder in wich new ways they will fuck up this

But tbh, i kinda trust Legendary to be one of less worse options avaible for this job, for a bunch of reasons

Plus previous two were also crippled by videogames being considered inferior media that needs to be "elevated" by some cunt director and his "how to do it good" vision

First was retarded because videogames are retarded

Second was retarded because videogames can be ignored

Third may be born under a more lucky star

I don't need it to be a great movie, if is kinda loyal and decent product, SF itself have enough fans (hardcore and casuals) to have nice money already in the pockets

And most importart, what we have to lose?

SF movie tradition is crap (as much mighty Raul Julia in his last days gone through hell to try make it decent), at worst shit will stay the same

Actually if is kinda loyal and decent product, would be the first decent SF movie lol

On 4/4/2023 at 10:23 AM, Daemos said:

They need to get a real choreographer for the fights. Anime or live action, nothing since SF2AM has had the same power and grace.

Oh please 🙄 SF Assassins Fists had convincing choreography and stayed true to what the game presents no matter how corny it looked aesthetically . These actors presented the SF fight the way it was meant to look in the game (2D back and forth fighting).

They were their own stunt actors and used the same movements and combos you would if you played a Ryu vs Ken match. They hit and threw each other around while selling their movements and hits without any added BS. 
 Of course this wouldn’t work in a true live action movie, but it seems just convincing enough to work in a fan made series 

1 hour ago, bakfromon said:

Oh please 🙄 SF Assassins Fists had convincing choreography and stayed true to what the game presents no matter how corny it looked aesthetically . These actors presented the SF fight the way it was meant to look in the game (2D back and forth fighting).

They were their own stunt actors and used the same movements and combos you would if you played a Ryu vs Ken match. They hit and threw each other around while selling their movements and hits without any added BS. 
 Of course this wouldn’t work in a true live action movie, but it seems just convincing enough to work in a fan made series 

Not  to shit on AF wich was full of love for SF and fans, but if Legendary is making it it's obvious expect and pretend a much higher quality level at everything (not only budget)

Only big factor AF may have over future Legendary product is that AF as fan movie was very loyal, while hollywood cunts usually chose to wich extent they have to bother stick with original source(casting, aesthetic, story etc)... but if they stay loyal enough (lucky VG movies gained bit of respect lately) AF is getting murdered

To be clear, no shame L, fan made is'nt supposed to stand and bang with Hollywood

15 hours ago, bakfromon said:

to be honest, the artstyle is the best asset on SF2AM  among the rest of sf movie but the role of other character beside Ryu and Ken were terrible written because it felt random or misaligned to the other sf cast characterization

Bison Truck

Chunli firting with Guile

and much much more

you can name a few forced role, wrong characterization and inappropriate role in other SF animated movie but SF2am was one of the worst 

Assassins fist did the characterization and role right than any sf movie but it also had flaws like Ken being into Satsui No Hadou, i never liked that part

even how beautiful the script is, how compelling the story is and how bad ass the fight scene if the this adaptation red flags happen

Fs8ZlswaMAIR9qA?format=jpg&name=large

Fs3dcFkagAADXWn?format=png&name=900x900

and this

Zoj3ynP.png

regardless the best directors, the big budget, the spectacular vfx, award winning actors, great producer and compelling story if you see this kind of adaptation mistake you get thrown off the movie,

for example

like making Eliza fell in LOVE to Ryu because Ken always talks about how better Ryu is than him, This makes Ken be in rage against Ryu and that unknowing to Ryu

another one is Ken a womanizer fells in love with Sakura and change because he felt Sakura is hurting her self for chasing Ryu that is not interested to her and fell Sakura was the the woman that change him not like other woman that after rich person looks and money like the other girls that chase him. lol

you know it's another ADAPTATION DISASTER that's not a common mistake to western adaptation but that happen because experimental approach, wanted more conflict to increase tension in a movie because they see that it's worth sacrificing characterization and world building for a intriguing and compelling narrative, hence making stuff up.

the problem is when the script is written first then knowing the characters to get involved latter. it should be characters > script not script over characters because this is a adaption not a something from scratch that has liberties among characters and creative freedom to anything

it better to trim and cut corners on characters roles and appearances than squeezing them all in one film that made them random, irrelevant and inappropriate like this

Fs8Y137agAEBNsq?format=png

even this one

it had good artstyle like SF2AM because it tries to be close to alpha like but characterization and some roles were wasted

pqiZYmx.png

SF2AM only gets a pass "to the many" with those error because it was from mid 90s that characterization was unknown "to the many" but it's a Capcom sponsored film they should know their own source material. So it gets a pass to those that didn't know better but Capcom of the mid 90s didn't get a pass to those that know their game mythos and characters.

For someone actively part of the storythread and immerse in the canon, if there will be an new SF movie

The things I expected should be average and generic from the conflicts and relationship, that means it's a well adapted SF to film

a good adaptation movie for an immerse fan should expected because it should tied close to the source material that I am "Familiar" with, the bonus stuff is the spectacle like "fight scene" and character introductory scene

when it becomes too playful and experimental that aim for surprise, plot twist  and "shockvalue" as priority that means it is a failed adaptation. 

Edited by Shakunetsu
8 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Chunli firting with Guile

Chun Li doesn't really flirt with Guile. She messes with him a few times. Their relationship is totally platonic in the movie with even older brother/younger sister overtones. The closest thing you could say is 'flirting' is her asking if he's 'man enough' to check out her other skills...but it doesn't even come across as flirty considering she's directly challenging him since he's being pig-headed and obstinate and it makes it clear she's not backing down. It's also clear that she's directly challenging him because he doesn't take her seriously...and she proceeds to set him a bit straight by showing that she can handle herself and won't be holding him back or getting in his way. It's then directly followed by her pointing out Bison killed her father. No flirting at all.

33 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Chun Li doesn't really flirt with Guile. She messes with him a few times. Their relationship is totally platonic in the movie with even older brother/younger sister overtones. The closest thing you could say is 'flirting' is her asking if he's 'man enough' to check out her other skills...but it doesn't even come across as flirty considering she's directly challenging him since he's being pig-headed and obstinate and it makes it clear she's not backing down. It's also clear that she's directly challenging him because he doesn't take her seriously...and she proceeds to set him a bit straight by showing that she can handle herself and won't be holding him back or getting in his way. It's then directly followed by her pointing out Bison killed her father. No flirting at all.

Look you could assume and interpret it as  "older brother/younger sister" but that's not how others see it was even adapted and influence in the brazilian SF comics, that they assumed are lovers in their own SF comics

but beyond that there are roles in that film that feels out of place

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 minute ago, Shakunetsu said:

Look you could assume and interpret it as  "older brother/younger sister" but thats not how other see it even the brazilian SF comics see that flirt that the they assumed are lovers in their own SF comics

Brazilian and South American comics in general are kind of known for inserting romance and lewdness into a lot of stuff. Also Guile refers to Chun-Li as "kid" a couple times. Not a term of endearment that would be used for flirting back and forth.

14 minutes ago, YagamiFire said:

Brazilian and South American comics in general are kind of known for inserting romance and lewdness into a lot of stuff. Also Guile refers to Chun-Li as "kid" a couple times. Not a term of endearment that would be used for flirting back and forth.

look they may have choose the direction like the manhua that is ChunXRyu ship, if that is the case

They even started with Malibu comics that's is another ChunXRyu ship, before starting their own SF series

But later adapted a different art style closer to the movie then change it to ChunXGuile ship, So it's ChunXRyu change to ChunXGuile

that's not just a coincidence

but overall it's that's not my opinion either its from brazilian and portuguese fans that said that about how that became a thing and how it evolve from malibu to that thing GuileXChun

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Bison truck scene is iconic! And 100% on point in terms of characterization! Bison and Ryu are the unstoppable force/immovable object dichotomy in the series. Nothing is gonna get in the way of that. 

look i do like that and its a pop culture thing now reardless what i have to say about it

It really feels random and comedic at that time, like What are they thinking? Why Capcom? WTF? Capcom WHY? LOL Bison is more than that LOL

it's like Bison came out of nowhere and decided to kill Ryu while asleep in a corner of the road using a pillow.

Edited by Shakunetsu

Bison has a comedic side to him, it doesn't make him any less dark or imposing.

Also Ryu was probably in the middle of nowhere just walking on the highway. The truck is probably the most inconspicuous to get close enough to Ryu without attracting the attention of any of his friends. Remember at this point in the movie everyone believed Shadaloo and Bison was destroyed.

I'd like to think that Bison won that final fight with Ryu even though they left it open ended. Considering how he turned him into a ragdoll in the 1v1 they had earlier.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:24 AM, Dracu said:

I already have Season 1 penned out!

Netflix, Capcom, give me a call!

So, after making this joking comment, I realized since I have little time and other priorities at the moment, I'm not picking back up this "project" anytime soon, so I might as well share the outline.

Here it is: STREET FIGHTER TV EDITION, Season 1 - Warrior Dreams, roughly covering the Street Fighter 1 and Alpha 1/2 eras of the games.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H61Vff9llG6lq0bGTMOjwplzZL_9nnIO/edit?usp=share_link&ouid=101940822052623815862&rtpof=true&sd=true

The first page is a quick summary of the the entire story, which I wrote so I have the general idea of where to start and where I want to end on, but if you actually want to read my little fan-fic, I recommend you skip it entirely and read the thing episode by episode, cause there are a few twists and turns spread throughout and the surprise factor is worth it.

Hope you enjoy!

On 4/6/2023 at 5:46 AM, CESTUS III said:

Only big factor AF may have over future Legendary product is that AF as fan movie was very loyal, while hollywood cunts usually chose to wich extent they have to bother stick with original source(casting, aesthetic, story etc)... but if they stay loyal enough (lucky VG movies gained bit of respect lately) AF is getting murdered

You can’t really shit on AF because as a template to a live action SF adaptation it hasn’t been beat. 

Im saying that sure while Legendary will obviously have the budget to bring a live action SF movie  that could potentially bring together the the 8 main WW characters against Shadaloo and Bison. They can also bring the world of SF to life by visiting the multiple world locations featured in the game. 

Will the fighting feel somewhat game accurate? That’s up in the air.  We might see the generic Hollywood choreographed fight scenes with some SF centric special attacks sprinkled in  the action like they’ve been doing or something closer to what we seen in AF.

It doesn’t have to look like their fighting on a 2D plane. That’s basically explained away in AF due to style the Shotoclones use which is a direct and linear form of Karate. The new movie should implement some of the combos the characters use in game and it should be apparent.  As good as SF2AM is animated and choreographed none of the fight sequences really resemble what’s portrayed in game. We should be beyond the Hollywood generic punch kick throw sequence with a random special attack thrown in. 

SF has evolved so much over the years but the players and fans know how to play the characters  who return through the familiarity of each characters  moves and combos . That should be essential to the movie as well especially with a bigger budget. 

I feel that the moves of SF portrayed on the big screen in some accurate in game fashion would charm fans and non fans alike. 

Edited by bakfromon
5 hours ago, bakfromon said:

Will the fighting feel somewhat game accurate? That’s up in the air.  We might see the generic Hollywood choreographed fight scenes with some SF centric special attacks sprinkled in  the action like they’ve been doing or something closer to what we seen in AF.

Thats the overall means of doing a good adaptation hence the word adapt,

5 hours ago, bakfromon said:

The new movie should implement some of the combos the characters use in game and it should be apparent.  As good as SF2AM is animated and choreographed none of the fight sequences really resemble what’s portrayed in game. We should be beyond the Hollywood generic punch kick throw sequence with a random special attack thrown in. 

true, regardless the choreography is done by an actual expert the fight scene isn't how very reflective to the game itself. it a good fight scene but the sfa ova has more streetfighter fighting moments than sf2am

true artstyle hands down

ssf2t_bison-f469d75124312b9fa7f3704c059b

Here is a QUESTION  Guys what so special with THAILAND for Bison? Why THAILAND? @Lord_Vega @Miðgarðsorm @Daemos

6 hours ago, Dracu said:

Here it is: STREET FIGHTER TV EDITION, Season 1 - Warrior Dreams, roughly covering the Street Fighter 1 and Alpha 1/2 eras of the games.

I have also something set in Alpha but it's more of Ryu highlight story only and it's short its more of a movie, the longer one to me that is a tv series was the SF2 with Guile and Chunli as the protagonist of the story .

1 minute ago, Shakunetsu said:

ssf2t_bison-f469d75124312b9fa7f3704c059b

Here is a QUESTION  Guys what so special with THAILAND for Bison? Why THAILAND?

If you want to rule the world, it's easier to sneak in from the backdoor.

Thailand's government and the poverty stricken region of SEA at the time likely offered plenty of opportunities for growth, experiments, etc. Easy for Bison to singlehandedly subdue decades before SF2. From then, the organization began to grow until it became international.

That's the IU perspective.

OOU perspective, iirc Thailand had problems with dictators also back then so art imitated life. Can't be arsed to double check right now though.

On 4/8/2023 at 9:02 PM, Shakunetsu said:

true, regardless the choreography is done by an actual expert the fight scene isn't how very reflective to the game itself. it a good fight scene but the sfa ova has more streetfighter fighting moments than sf2am

true artstyle hands down

Yes it is a good fight scene, but like I’ve said we’ve have come a long way in fight choreography. Some movies that aren’t even related to SF have more of a SF feel in their fight choreography than some movies that are related to video games. 

Donnie Yen’s: Ip Man movies in terms of choreography have that feel of what a SF movie should be in terms of a fight scene. 
It’s not like in the most recent MK movies where you do have a lot of the Hollywood generic fight scenes with specials and Fatalities thrown in the mix. You have throw techs, combos which link into specific specials (you know when Yen is going for his repeating drum punch). This should be what a SF movie should look like in terms of an fight. 

https://youtu.be/PhQsxcbo6gk

https://youtu.be/JWsbsjJzxl0

The fight almost looks like it could be Fei Long, Chuns dad, or a young Gen vs Balrog and Guile.