Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

He's referring to the founder of the Secret Society which started about 2000 years before the events of SF3 (we know because the brains of previous leaders have been stored for 2000 years).

But I am sure Capcom at the time wanted to draw another parallel between Jesus and Gill with that date (it was 98 at the time of 3S).

Edited by Daemos

JP is is being written to be the most interesting villain SF has in this comic. I called it months ago, he's giving Ken types of scenarios Heath Ledger's Joker would use in the Dark Knight. The sad thing is we already know Ken's going to lose and JP is going to win.  JP is playing everyone like a pawn in a chess game.

He's not some Saturday morning cartoon villain like Bison. He's miles above what Seth was when he was introduced. Gill and the secret society aren't even on his level. 

I like how technology plays a big part in this comic. I thought it was going to take a more supernatural route but it's staying pretty grounded. Nobody's being brainwashed or kidnapped for experiments and it feels like a psychological crime thriller based in the modern age. 

spacer.png

Edited by bakfromon
2 hours ago, bakfromon said:

He's not some Saturday morning cartoon villain like Bison. He's miles above what Seth was when he was introduced. Gill and the secret society aren't even on his level. 

I like how technology plays a big part in this comic. I thought it was going to take a more supernatural route but it's staying pretty grounded. Nobody's being brainwashed or kidnapped for experiments and it feels like a psychological crime thriller based in the modern age. 

Yeah, i gave myself possible explanations for this

Considering how unlike other SF bosses JP style is to blend with society, he want to avoid as much as possible to use PP to not risk his "normal man" mask to fall

Like if you see him use PP, probably you have to die

He also likely know the history of Bison's multiple fails, and probably realized being recognized as a Psycho Power user would make any activity/project target of usual bunch of very gifted heroes fucking your beautiful plan lol

I liked the scene where he make Ken stumble on the cane, shows how minimal as possible he want to keep the use of forcey, the plan already does everything

PS: btw i have bit crazy theory...

We know from ingame that JP is able to generate ghost-like figures made of PP... what if the bird mask/hooded individuals are just bunch of rags moved by JP's PP like a puppeteer show?

I find very unlikely, but would be pretty cool imho

My takeaways:

1- The nightmare scene where Ken is being swarmed by vultures is both symbolic of his fall from grace and of the Bird People who are framing him.

2- The way Luke connected what happened to his dad with what's happening with Mel's dad and wanted to save Mel from that pain. Stop making me fall for him Capcom!

3- Speaking of which, the knife Luke gave Mel -  CHEKHOV'S GUN AMIRITE?

4- JP tripping Ken with the cane, and then knocking on the floor with the cane to silence him - Evil.

5- JP's elaborate speech does little to explain his motivations for doing this. All he is telling Ken is how his planned is supposed to work. On second/third reading, it's just mental gymnastics. The plan afaik does not work, Ken clears his name by the start of SF6. Why would even he risk keeping Ken alive when what is at stake is an international intervention?

6- Kalima! ❤️ I knew she'd come back!

5 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Considering how unlike other SF bosses JP style is to blend with society, he want to avoid as much as possible to use PP to not risk his "normal man" mask to fall

He's not a boss yet. 🙂

But yes he does seem to care a lot about perception and has gone to great lengths to manipulate/control perception. Reminds me of the Bond villain Elliot Carver from Tomorrow Never Dies, or Mysterio from Far from Home. Very grounded villain that uses the system against itself for personal gain, not that Shadaloo and SS also did that, on much larger scales. They just didn't have as good writers/funding to expound on that history canonically. I like that JP is meticulous enough to do it himself. 

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

The plan afaik does not work, Ken clears his name by the start of SF6. Why would even he risk keeping Ken alive when what is at stake is an international intervention?

That is presuming that anything JP says is his goal is his goal.

Dude seems to be working wheels within wheels. Can't take anything he says at face value. For all we know, he could want Ken to clear his own name.

These 3 issues have been some of the most genuinely interesting stuff in SF in a long long long time and it is actually the BEST SF stuff has ever done any kind of intrigue outside of the martial arts arena ever with only Kanzaki's manga even coming close.

7 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

And then, he'll enter the tournament and display his use of Psycho Power, the same power that spread fear and hatred all over the world a few years ago, to the whole world?

2 hours ago, Daemos said:

6- Kalima! ❤️ I knew she'd come back!

Well, it seems that she's in WT. Also, I thought that she and JP had something else going on, by the way JP referred to her and the way she smiled... Maybe JP was corrupted by the use of Psycho Power?

18 hours ago, Dracu said:

Also, Gill misrepresented the propechy to think that Bison was the one to bring about the end of the world and tried to hurry up the process a little to make himself the saviour, but in truth, judging from Oro and Rose's stories in SFV it is "Bison's shadow" that will bring about the ultimate destruction. And what is this shadow? Psycho Power!

I always thought that FANG was the one to enact the prophecy (through the 7 Black Moons) on behalf of the SS (he knows the SS as shown on his winning quotes), so that Gill could take over the SS by convincing the old men of the council that the time for the chosen one (him) was upon them. However, he couldn't eliminate Vega and "fell in love with him and his awesome Psycho Power"🤣🤣 so he used the same plan to benefit Shadaloo and Vega. To me, that is the farce that Urien mentions in his story in SFV.  To Gill, that was perfectly fine, as long as he was handed power, and to Urien, that was also fine, since he would dethrone Gill and take over the Secret Society... what didn't happened anyway.

Also, Rose's master (Vega?) mentioned that Soul Power not only is a weapon, but also can be the user's own undoing.... Maybe it isn't just Psycho Power users that can bring destruction to the world....

The plan for the Black Moons likely originates in SF4 at least before FANG joined Shadaloo. Boxer and Claw were sent to retrieve SIN data on the BLECE and other tech as we saw in their endings. Vega even remarks that this technology will allow Shadaloo to live forever. The first order of business after the fall of SIN was to kidnap all the SIN scientists afterall.

FANG could be credited for Operation CHAINS which is an extension of the Black Moons.

Edited by Daemos

12 hours ago, YagamiFire said:

It's hard for me to give half a damn about Mortal Kombat's story at this point when it's clear NRS doesn't. They've had only 3 games and their continuity is a total disaster.

Hmm.  I've had no problem following the plot so far.  Especially if you watch together.

2 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

And then, he'll enter the tournament and display his use of Psycho Power, the same power that spread fear and hatred all over the world a few years ago, to the whole world?

Cause I'm sure the home audience is gonna be like "Hey, that guys shoots purple stuff!  That must be connected to that time all those Death Stars almost fell on us!"

Edited by DarthEnderX
5 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

JP never had intention of enter the Nayshall tournament as far i know 😄

I seriously doubt that wanted to take any part of it, for 3 very good reasons:

1- He does'nt seems to like or worship fighting, i doubt he would put himself in such situation... fun thing not even "the Champ" Ken seems to have considered partecipate (is the kid king to tell him he should), and nobody seems to consider JP in such role

2-  His opponents not knowing he can fight is surely a strategic advantage.*

Last comic chapter is good proof, Ken had absolutely no idea JP possess any fighting skill (seems to carry a cane just to help walk and/or an elegance touch)  wich made him charge without any caution... and as result, JP made him meet the floor with zero effort.

Pretty interesting that even in that physical conflict situation JP used absolutely the minimal possible movement/effort, essentially showing almost nothing of his cane skills and absolutely revealing nothing of him possessing Psycho Power

3- Regardless of Oro's deep perspective about ki, as general thing Psycho Power carry an obvious gigantic stigma in Street Fighter world, and him reveal to possess such power would instantly make him many enemies and people willing to try expose his just-good-rich-guy farce

Pretty sure he does'nt want that kind of attention lol

I think canon wise JP would not fight, let alone with PP outside of a "private" situation... even if ingame he will summon purple ki demons in some crowded jamaican beach or american mma cage 😆

*for this reason i find genius they chosen Bartitsu for him, wich was tailor made for a gentleman that wanted to be able to defend himself/be armed without lose the gentleman appearance.

Essentially being accepted in high society but ready to fight back in any moment, fit so well JP's needs

Edited by CESTUS III
5 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

I always thought that FANG was the one to enact the prophecy (through the 7 Black Moons) on behalf of the SS (he knows the SS as shown on his winning quotes), so that Gill could take over the SS by convincing the old men of the council that the time for the chosen one (him) was upon them. However, he couldn't eliminate Vega and "fell in love with him and his awesome Psycho Power"🤣🤣 so he used the same plan to benefit Shadaloo and Vega. To me, that is the farce that Urien mentions in his story in SFV.  To Gill, that was perfectly fine, as long as he was handed power, and to Urien, that was also fine, since he would dethrone Gill and take over the Secret Society... what didn't happened anyway.

I have similar theory even if i'm not sure of FANG degree of involvement, but to me Gill absolutely wanted the Moons thing and it going on phase-two 👍

Mayby AKI will offer some more info? 🤔

Is possible FANG was SS agent within Nguuhao, ordered to infiltrate within Shadaloo, and that his whole loyalty to Bison was a complete farce

One interesting thing is that FANG instant murdered the woman (Rashid's friend) that put a safety-block in Moons to stop their falling, but for some reason did'nt wanted to kill Rashid after defeating him (when he could have done it easily), could be due SS already designated Rashid to play a role in stop A-plan/official purpose (Moons giving Bison limitless energy) making shit switch into B-plan (Moons falling on earth, good for the prophecy thing)

Chun li even doubt him being chinese lol

"That character on your shirt... That's not how you write "Two." Are you even Chinese?"

17 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Chun li even doubt him being chinese lol

"That character on your shirt... That's not how you write "Two." Are you even Chinese?"

That’s a joke clearly because Fang is not officially Chinese. He’s from fake China or some other fictional Asian country.

These theories are fun but utterly unsupported by the canon. Fang is loyal to Bison in life and “death”, and would never indulge these heresies that you speak of!

27 minutes ago, Daemos said:

That’s a joke clearly because Fang is not officially Chinese. He’s from fake China or some other fictional Asian country.

To be fair, Nguuhao is Thai. งูเห่า Nguuhào, "cobra", from งู nguu "snake" and เห่า hào "cobra", also used to mean "evil and treacherous" in figurative language.

EDIT: In my headcanon, though, F.A.N.G is Laotian purely because ງູເຫົ່າ ngūhao in Lao language has the same meaning as in Thai (Thai and Lao are mutually intelligible and share much of their vocabulary, they're basically two closely related dialects just written with two different alphabets) and SF already has other Thai fighters, lol. 😛 DON'T spread this misinformation, anyway. 🤣

Edited by Miðgarðsorm

Will be curious to see if any fighters comment on his PP via victory quotes.

Good question, some vets should recognize it without much effort (IF they see it durng fighting), Ed would probably sense it* even without fight (but he's many months away 🥲)

Watching the few w quotes i seen, results feels mixed, as if canon wise he's not using PP in all fights, some fighters seems to completely ignore the absolutely unnatural side of his fightstyle ("demons" clawing you, summonng ghost hands, portals and all his PP shit... JP stuff is bizzarre even for SF loose standards) as if he used just the cane

I mean, his style and use of Psycho Power is SO unique that you would expect all his opponents be like "WTF was that?" even if they defeated him

Spoiler

JP pt2 | Street Fighter 6 | Know Your Meme

Marisa, did'nt found the quote but iirc was unimpressed as if she fought with him an absolutely normal (even disappointing) fight

Lily seems to sense something

"The spirits urge me... to keep my distance from you"

But does'nt clear up much... i mean if old dude throw at you purple fire ghosts with claws and summon demonic hands out of nowhere i would less subtle at say "get the fuck away from me" lol

The fact she relies on spirits for get that impression may hint THEY see something she does'nt

One more interesting thing here (theory more than anything), if the "spirits" may be the souls of Thunderfoot tribe people killed by Bison, for sure they would react to Psycho Power

Another possibility is just be about spirits of nature (she can summon wind after all) rejecting Psycho Power as something unnatural... coming to mind how force of nature G somehow hint to Rose that PP is toxic for nature's balance

But overall, thing is Lily talks like she's having a bad feeling about JP rather than having just SEEN him doing crazy shit

Cammy seems to recognize PP presence (not clear if she SEEN it or felt it somehow), but she seems 100% sure of it to the point of consider him part of Shadaloo in her win, to wich JP in his win reply that Shadaloo is no more

Another possibility is that her claim is'nt even due PP, but that she recognized JP himself as somebody somehow involved in Shadaloo stuff in the past

A possible hint to that may be the fact JP call her "doll" wich imply at least bit of insider knowledge of shadaloo stuff

*unless JP is particular good at hide it, wich will not surprise me lol

Edited by CESTUS III
6 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Hmm.  I've had no problem following the plot so far.  Especially if you watch together.

Yeah I'm too, I think what made MK work is that it's essential to it's mythos already, that make it pasable. I'm just bothered with the title it felt out of touch.

compare to other fighters like Samsho, SF, Tekken and MK.

8 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

Dude it's not a matter of me following the story, it's a matter of NRS following their damn story. Within 3 games they've made a huge mess of contradictions and nonsense in their own canon.

No one can explain Sindel nor Kabal, just as an example. Their characters make ZERO sense.

I don't see how Ed can reasonably remain a PP user if he wants to fight for the good guys and justice. Having good guys running around using Evil Ki is the antithesis of what this ki represents.

The only rational fate for him (if he were to survive that is) is that he forsakes PP and uses Soul Power under the guidance of Rose. Otherwise he'll have a lot to answer for once the one true MASTER OF PP returns.

I don't see how Ed can reasonably remain a PP user if he wants to fight for the good guys and justice. Having good guys running around using Evil Ki is the antithesis of what this ki represents.

The only rational fate for him (if he were to survive that is) is that he forsakes PP and uses Soul Power under the guidance of Rose. Otherwise he'll have a lot to answer for once the one true MASTER OF PP returns.

Oro has shown us that it's possible to use PP and SnH without them corrupting you.  They're just different wavelengths of Ki.

Now, Ed is obviously no where near Oro's level, but since it is possible, then Ed's warriors journey can be about him learning to master PP without letting it control him.

Edited by DarthEnderX

I suggest you re-read the short story and watch Oro’s character story. He didn’t manifest the SNH only an imitation of it (his words). Oro has nothing nice to say about PP. 

Wielding a spark of negative of Ki isn’t the same as mastering it.

I don’t think your arguments supports safe longterm usage of PP. If it were possible, there would be no need for a distinction between SP and PP.

From what i've understood, Psycho Power is developed through negative emotions, BUT Ed, Falke, Knives and Gorilla case is different

They did'nt developed PP, it was simply added to them, is part of their very own nature that does'nt need to get feeded to exist

My 2cents is that if Ed stays good he will ever have a small portion of PP with him

He will not be able to raise the amount of PP he can generate, but can become more skilled at use what has been given to him... wich afterall is bit the style of the char already, beside few moves very ki-based (example VT1 or Psycho Shot) his fighting style does'nt focus on PP, he use PP to power-up or support his hand-to-hand fighting style

Like in an imaginary mirror fight Ed using only his boxing+kicks would fuck up an Ed using only PP, he's at least 60-40 better at the former

Then to develop MORE PP sure, he will probably need become evil or anyway have greater negative emotions

He may become bit like Ryu till SFV, where he fight clean but getting beated up negative emotions (rage, frustration, want to revenge etc) get triggered giving him temporary boost, all with the risk of lose himself

On 5/19/2023 at 2:02 PM, Daemos said:

The plan for the Black Moons likely originates in SF4 at least before FANG joined Shadaloo. Boxer and Claw were sent to retrieve SIN data on the BLECE and other tech as we saw in their endings. Vega even remarks that this technology will allow Shadaloo to live forever. The first order of business after the fall of SIN was to kidnap all the SIN scientists afterall.

FANG could be credited for Operation CHAINS which is an extension of the Black Moons.

Operation CHAINS is how Shadaloo officially calls the Black Moons plan. That's even how the chapter where FANG activates the Moon is called. During the bank heist, FANG, Mike Bison and Balrog were arguing on who was to blame for letting the the keys/pieces being stolen. Balrog remarks that FANG was the one in charge of Operation CHAINS. So, there's a high possibility that he also started the plan.

Shadaloo had at least 2 years to build the 7 Black Moons between the fall of S.I.N. and the events of A Shadow Falls (based on Mel's birth and age). The idea and technology of deflecting and firing Psycho Power from space wasn't something new in SFV. It's been around since at least Zero 3 canon wise and from SF2 Complete File.  My theory, is that, since he wasn't able to dethrone Vega and became loyal to him,  what FANG did was to develop it in a way that would make both SS and Shadaloo happy. FANG knows that SS isn't something to mess around, at least at the time when he joined Shadaloo. The time he tried to kill Vega is also somewhat of a mystery, it could have been right after the fall of S.I.N. or a little bit before ASF. My guess is the former, so he had the time do develop the plan.

Or.... you thibk it was all a huge and convenient coincidence?

About the S.I.N. data copied by Balrog (and Chun-Li) in SF4. As far as i remember, no one ever mentioned about what the data itself was. It might be a different data than the onw Cammy deleted from the laboratory's computer.

21 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Is possible FANG was SS agent within Nguuhao, ordered to infiltrate within Shadaloo, and that his whole loyalty to Bison was a complete farce

One interesting thing is that FANG instant murdered the woman (Rashid's friend) that put a safety-block in Moons to stop their falling, but for some reason did'nt wanted to kill Rashid after defeating him (when he could have done it easily), could be due SS already designated Rashid to play a role in stop A-plan/official purpose (Moons giving Bison limitless energy) making shit switch into B-plan (Moons falling on earth, good for the prophecy thing)

I think SS hired Nguuhao to get rid of Vega and take over Shadaloo. Shadaloo was a known enemy to the world world, so it would be easier to set the plan on course. However,  FANG's loyalty to Vega is for real. He just played along using the plan he was given by Vega but with an SS makeover.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:41 PM, DarthEnderX said:

Cause I'm sure the home audience is gonna be like "Hey, that guys shoots purple stuff!  That must be connected to that time all those Death Stars almost fell on us!"

If there is another terrorist attack in NY people round the globe wouldn't remember 9/11?

The tournament is meant to be streamed worldwide, therefore, while the useless home audience might not connect the dots, the "powers of the world" surely would get suspicious of it. Even more if Vega made any display of Psycho Power on TV during SF2 (as he wasn't officially in the SF4 tournament).

Also, participating in the tournament and winning, is a perfect way to dethrone the young king by Nayshall's legend.

Of course that all depends on how much information about what happened during all those events (Z3, SF2, SF4 and ASF) was revealed to the world...

10 minutes ago, Lord_Vega said:

My theory, is that, since he wasn't able to dethrone Vega and became loyal to him,  what FANG did was to develop it in a way that would make both SS and Shadaloo happy. FANG knows that SS isn't something to mess around, at least at the time when he joined Shadaloo. The time he tried to kill Vega is also somewhat of a mystery, it could have been right after the fall of S.I.N. or a little bit before ASF. My guess is the former, so he had the time do develop the plan.

Utterly baseless theory. The traitor in Shadaloo was Boxer. FANG was and remains loyal to Bison. There is absolutely nothing that suggests otherwise since. Let alone that he would betray Bison for the SS. Why do you and others find it hard to believe that someone would be utterly devoted to Bison? Real life dictators have real life FANGs that would live and die for them willingly.

Your idea supposes that FANG uses operation CHAINS to mirror Gill's prophecy, when it was Gill who was simply projecting his own ideas onto a reality that was conceived by Shadaloo. There is NO connection between the Black Moons and Gill besides what Gill wanted to see in it. Gill saw in the events that were happening an opening for him to declare himself the messiah. He twisted and turned a few things here and there (which we all saw) but that's the extent of his influence.

We even hear him at the end twisted the scripture to match the new reality of Ryu beating Bison rather than his knight. The SS's influence on events related to Shadaloo's fall are transparent and they are limited.

Edited by Daemos
1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I suggest you re-read the short story and watch Oro’s character story. He didn’t manifest the SNH only an imitation of it (his words). Oro has nothing nice to say about PP. 

Wielding a spark of negative of Ki isn’t the same as mastering it.

That's true, Oro's demostrationto Dhalsim was an imitation, but is also true Goutetsu was able to use authentic SnH without fall victim of it or corrupted

Of course, probably could not develop same amount of negative ki as somebody who fully embraced it rather than control it (in fact was killed by Akuma), but still proven is possible coexist with it

As said some times i even believe the small hint of red ki on Ryu's fist, while throwing Shin Shoryuken in SF6 may be another case

Even if in Ryu case, considering all the rest of his SF6 moveset goes toward Gouken/MnK, i don't think is intentional a la Goutetsu... more like he channel LOT of his power to throw it, so it's more difficult keep SnH completely at bay

Interesting to see the more evolved version have "denjin" like effect and show no signs of red ki

Explanation i gave myself is that in first version he fail at 100% SnH (that become visible, even if small amount), wich prevent him from reach that superior "denjin" like effect

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

I don’t think your arguments supports safe longterm usage of PP. If it were possible, there would be no need for a distinction between SP and PP.

I think the good argument is that Ed is'nt a normal human being, but was modified to be a PP conductor

And tbh also Bison usual bodies are built to use PP, what fucks him up is that he want handle too much PP without a powerful enough host body for it (example his hair becoming white in SFV)

If Ed just live using the minimal PP has been equipped with he could be fine

The problem imho is not that's impossible live while using a small amount of PP, the true risk is get addicted to power and wanting more till overdose

Like after first time Ed will be pushed into a desperate situation and the anger/frustration/fear give him big boost, he may be like "damn, felt good! I want feel again so powerful"

Wich remind me lot the SFV illustration with Ed leading the march and Falke looking at him concerned

I really don't think FANG is playing Bison. He's really that into him as he lets on. There would be no reason to go along with the Black Moons, since these would make Bison entirely unstoppable by the SS or anyone else.

The operation also didn't fail by any fault of his. It was a storm of events that lined uo which ultimately lead to this outcome: Gill working from the shadows, Karin actually putting together the freaking Avengers and Ryu mastering Mu no Ken just in time. 

Thing were pretty close even so. If Nash hadn't been brought back to absorb some of the power Bison gained from the Black Moons, who even knows if even Ryu could have defeated him. We know the Avengers weren't going to do anything to him, seeing how he manhandled Nash, who could kick all their asses. 

It's going to be interesting to see AKI. She's certainly connected to FANG in some way, but since JP is the main villain... they must have some connection too. 

On a separate note, I keep thinking it might be cool if they reveal JP to be Ed and Falke's dad, or at least just Ed's. It would certainly be better than having him be just some labrat. You can still explain is growth to be because of experimentation. I feel like a Magneto/Quicksilver&Wanda dynamic between them could be cool.

1 hour ago, Lord_Vega said:

Also, participating in the tournament and winning, is a perfect way to dethrone the young king by Nayshall's legend.

To be correct, JP winning a tournament would not legitimize JP claiming the throne under ancient laws

The winner would indeed become king, but people allowed to fight were only those who already had the bloodline rights to be throne candidates

Actually KEN is the one that has been "blessed" by the king that gave him the cerulean cloth and invited him to compete, in his case there could be maybe a good claim as if him getting gifted of the cerulean cloth may compensate the fact he's not part of the Nayshall royal bloodline

PS: Btw there's 2 stupid single things that make me think JP want indeed become King, maybe is nothing but

1- He's designed as a stereotype european fairytale King (without a crown) as much as G feels a stereotype President Lincoln wannabe 😄

2- If he's a chess player, the player essentially play as the King... if any other piece die (included the Queen) game still go on, but if King die you lost

1 hour ago, Dracu said:

I really don't think FANG is playing Bison. He's really that into him as he lets on. There would be no reason to go along with the Black Moons, since these would make Bison entirely unstoppable by the SS or anyone else.

If Kolin's plan was successful, the "Phase A" of Moons (work as infinite energy batteries for Bison) would have been deactivated, triggering "Phase B" (Moons falling on Earth), wich would have worked well for Gill, to say world needs a Saviour and all that shit

Rashid unintentionally fucked SS by understanding something he was'nt supposed to know and that in theory should not even exist, as was'nt part of original Moons project: a way to deactivate also Phase B, added by Rashid's dead friend

Is also possible that if Rashid successfully deactivated Phase A in time, Nash would have been successful at killing Bison... their fight had Nash winning, but Rashid being too slow to switch off Phase A gave Bison time for one last full recharge

Essentially Rashid fucked SS twice, once being more good than expectations, once being too slow to successfully complete his mission lol

Ironically one can get the wrong impression they bet wrong on Nash, while on reality the broken gear has been Rashid

The SS plan they had to follow supposed Nash would have defeated Bison in direct combat (wich he did) and that Rashid would have deactivated the Moons with the right timing to prevent Bison pull teh infinite health cheat code (wich Rashid failed)... Nash reaction words "too late" implied he was EXPECTING it, but done faster

All this hint that SS had very precise idea of Bison potential (they was right guessing powered-up Nash was enough to defeat him) and of the true problem to solve (Moons giving him essentially infinite health/energy recharge), ironically they only error in whole ASF has been value Rashid

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

Utterly baseless theory. The traitor in Shadaloo was Boxer. FANG was and remains loyal to Bison. There is absolutely nothing that suggests otherwise since. Let alone that he would betray Bison for the SS. Why do you and others find it hard to believe that someone would be utterly devoted to Bison? Real life dictators have real life FANGs that would live and die for them willingly.

FANG became insanely loyal after Nguuhao's decimation by Vega's hands. Before, the cartel was working with Shadaloo and who knows else, but they were more associates than lackeys.
I never said FANG betrayed Vega for the SS. If you go back to my posts, I said that after becoming loyal to Vega, he enacted the Shadaloo's plan with SS's makeover.

And yes, I do know that there are people devoted to dictators and even instagramers/tik tokers to death.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

Your idea supposes that FANG uses operation CHAINS to mirror Gill's prophecy, when it was Gill who was simply projecting his own ideas onto a reality that was conceived by Shadaloo. There is NO connection between the Black Moons and Gill besides what Gill wanted to see in it. Gill saw in the events that were happening an opening for him to declare himself the messiah. He twisted and turned a few things here and there (which we all saw) but that's the extent of his influence.

So to you everything was a GARGANTUAL coincidence?

Let's see:

-It was a coincidence that Operation CHAINS happened EXACTLY during the time to choose a the new leader for the SS;

-It was a coincidence FANG knowing who Gill and the Secret Society are and that they are "making some kind of move and that SOME STRINGS NEED TO BE PULLED" (FANG's winning quote to Gill, and... what extremely secret organization is known to manipulate events all over the world?);

-It was a coincidence FANG trying to dethrone Vega (however turning to his side, becoming Vega's lackey and 2nd in command) and being the one in charge of the Operation CHAINS;

-It was a coincidence it being 7 Black Moons in space (not 5, not 8, not 10, but exactly 7), just like the SS prophecy written centuries ago mentions;

-It was a coincidence the Black Moons raining on the people (either it's soliton pulse or literally crashing on people's heads), just like the SS prophecy written centuries ago mentions;

-It was a coincidence the world becoming an absolute caos by the Black Moons, just like the SS prophecy written centuries ago mentions;

-It was a coincidence Urien buying Operation CHAINS data from Mike Bison just before it happens (probably after FANG turned his back on SS);

-It was a coincidence Urien calling it all (Operation CHAINS) a farce.

Don't you think we have too many (related) coincidences here? Is my theory still SO baseless?

We even hear him at the end twisted the scripture to match the new reality of Ryu beating Bison rather than his knight. The SS's influence on events related to Shadaloo's fall are transparent and they are limited.

We don't have that part of the scripture to be certain. It isn't the one that we know. The one  Kolin read while Moscow was being dragged to the 10th level of hell.  Nash for sure isn't the blond haired man that controls heat and cold (or fire and ice) mentioned.

Actually, canon wise, the SS plays an important part in Shadaloo's fall, if it wasn't for Nash draining a good chunk of Psycho Power from Vega after the moons got deactivated, who knows if Ryu was able to defeat him using the Hadoken of Love.

3 hours ago, Dracu said:

Thing were pretty close even so. If Nash hadn't been brought back to absorb some of the power Bison gained from the Black Moons, who even knows if even Ryu could have defeated him. We know the Avengers weren't going to do anything to him, seeing how he manhandled Nash, who could kick all their asses.

But that's the thing, FANG isn't playing Vega. If Nguuhao managed to (miraculously) kill Vega, taking over Shadaloo, enacting Operation CHAINS so that Gill would be the one selected to rule the SS as their messiah, there would be no need to ressurrect/merge Nash with a Eleven because there would be no Vega to be stopped. How the SS got Nash's corpse is still a mystery, though.

When FANG joined Vega, he simply merged Shadaloo's initial plan but with what SS had in mind to mimic the prophecy. SS needed the world in caos in a way or another.

Also, Vega's body could also decay or explode from so much Psycho Power it would receive...

3 hours ago, Dracu said:

On a separate note, I keep thinking it might be cool if they reveal JP to be Ed and Falke's dad, or at least just Ed's. It would certainly be better than having him be just some labrat. You can still explain is growth to be because of experimentation. I feel like a Magneto/Quicksilver&Wanda dynamic between them could be cool.

That would be so cool! JP being one of Vega's former master's studens AND Ed's dad. That would explain Ed's perfect sync with Psycho Power.

BTW, what Shadaloo did to Ed is something that can happen in real life called Precocious Puberty. In extreme cases, one can start puberty at a VERY young age (like 2 or 3 years) with rapid body growth. The chronological age doesn't match with the body age. usually the growth stops and the person's rate gets normal when the chronologuical age catches up, usually in th early 20's.

11 hours ago, Dracu said:

On a separate note, I keep thinking it might be cool if they reveal JP to be Ed and Falke's dad, or at least just Ed's. It would certainly be better than having him be just some labrat. 

Less labrats in SF is ever win 

7 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

If JP is the boss of SF6 then they should make the CPU boss version like SNK boss style Rugal. Not so easy to defeat in arcade mode.

No need to pick SNK, SF already did it in the past (and i agree it should do it again in future)

10 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

To be correct, JP winning a tournament would not legitimize JP claiming the throne under ancient laws

The winner would indeed become king, but people allowed to fight were only those who already had the bloodline rights to be throne candidates

Actually KEN is the one that has been "blessed" by the king that gave him the cerulean cloth and invited him to compete, in his case there could be maybe a good claim as if him getting gifted of the cerulean cloth may compensate the fact he's not part of the Nayshall royal bloodline

It's weird to me how much SF6's plot is reminding me of the idea I had for my own fighting game series.

It was about a fictional small island nation in the South China Seas(like a Singapoor analog), where every year, there's a martial arts tournament held, and the winner becomes Emperor of the nation for the next year.  And for the last decade or so, the ruler has been an Akuma-type(or, more accurately, an "Augus from Asura's Wrath"-type), who doesn't care at all about running the nation, and is only Emperor because of the thrill of the tournament fights.  As a result, the capitol city of the nation has become a beacon of crime and corruption(like Madripoor from Marvel) where the wealthy and powerful can operate without restraint and crime syndicates and corrupt officials control the city, and the entire city has a cultural obsession with fighting and martial arts, for obvious reason.

People from all over the world come to compete in this tournament every year, and your main characters would be the students of the previous Emperor from a decade before, who was a much wiser, more involved ruler, and a great martial arts master, but who was physically crippled in his fight with the current Emperor, and can no longer fight himself.

The tournament, and the game, woulda been called Emperor's Fist.  As you can see, it would have had both the "win the tournament, rule the small nation" aspect of Nayshall and also the "Battle City"-like aspects of Metro City in SF6.

To some extent the ancient Nayshall  rule was kinda similar to how Secret Society chose the next President 

You have bunch of selected candidates raised within SS, then you have them fight and the winner becone the new Leader

But current Nayshall of course does'nt follow that tradition anymore, in fact country as kid as King, likely just because bloodline rights 

Is possible JP may fuel Nayshall people against this change, pushing the idea that all modern Nayshall problems are because lose the tournament tradition gave them a weak King 

But i'm not sure JP even want push much the tournament thing in that way, may have been a thing to intrigue Ken to follow him in Nayshall, and gave him an excuse to place all the drones

11 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

So to you everything was a GARGANTUAL coincidence?

Let's see:

-It was a coincidence that Operation CHAINS happened EXACTLY during the time to choose a the new leader for the SS;

-It was a coincidence FANG knowing who Gill and the Secret Society are and that they are "making some kind of move and that SOME STRINGS NEED TO BE PULLED" (FANG's winning quote to Gill, and... what extremely secret organization is known to manipulate events all over the world?);

-It was a coincidence FANG trying to dethrone Vega (however turning to his side, becoming Vega's lackey and 2nd in command) and being the one in charge of the Operation CHAINS;

-It was a coincidence it being 7 Black Moons in space (not 5, not 8, not 10, but exactly 7), just like the SS prophecy written centuries ago mentions;

-It was a coincidence the Black Moons raining on the people (either it's soliton pulse or literally crashing on people's heads), just like the SS prophecy written centuries ago mentions;

-It was a coincidence the world becoming an absolute caos by the Black Moons, just like the SS prophecy written centuries ago mentions;

-It was a coincidence Urien buying Operation CHAINS data from Mike Bison just before it happens (probably after FANG turned his back on SS);

-It was a coincidence Urien calling it all (Operation CHAINS) a farce.

Yes my dear Nostradamus, it is a coincidence. That is the nature of prophecy, you can project it onto anything and make it fit. That is THE JOKE that Capcom is making, Gill -like all the religious messiah wannabes in history- is insane and a not genius. That is the fundamental stereotype that he is embodying, not that he is a god, but that he is a deranged cult leader once you take away all the colors and wings.

Where is Gill now? A fucking televangelist. That is his claim to fame in the Street Fighter universe. Urien was right about him all along. He is nothing but a farce and this prophecy is more bullshit that he used to cement his place with the believers.

If the prophecy was true then why did he even try to inject himself in it? Why did he kill all the OG SS members when he took the reigns? He's an insecure boy using social media as a spring board to fame... and where did that get him?

You give the SS and Gill too much credit but the fact is, what happened to him was worse than failure - He was ignored. Bison ignored him. The world ignored him. 

Writers love concidences because they make it easy to link things together and apparently make the story deeper or something. I mean, remember that Guile's dog and the dog in the Final Fight background canonically know each other.

Edited by mikros
3 hours ago, Daemos said:

If the prophecy was true then why did he even try to inject himself in it?

Because, mr Stephen Wexler, THAT's the coincidece you're referring to. The prophecy mentions a blond man able to control heat and cold/fire and ice. COINCIDENTALLY, Gill is naturally blond (unlike Ken) and controls heat and cold/fire and ice. THEREFORE, he thinks he's the messiah and probably a bunch of the SS followers too...

He didn't have to fit himself in, he was BORN (or became like that through training) like the one described by the prophecy that they follow. There might even be the possibility (nothing backed up by the canon) that he was genetically engineered like that just to play the role of the messiah.

Who knows if what's written in the prophecy will naturally come true or not. Remember that the manuscripts mentioning the coming of the messiah in 2200, not 1997 (or 2020).

That's why I think Gill manipulated Shadaloo's plan to enact the prophecy verbatin, step by step, so the "old crooks (as Urien said) would choose him as the one to be handed power through the SS presidency.

Why did he kill all the OG SS members when he took the reigns?

He didn't do that AFTER taking over. He did that BEFORE. That was a way to inimidate the non-believers of the council to choose him from the candidates to SS presidency. Or... they discovered Gill's plan to use Shadaloo's Operation CHAINS to fool the SS and gain power.

6 hours ago, Daemos said:

That is THE JOKE that Capcom is making, Gill -like all the religious messiah wannabes in history- is insane and a not genius. That is the fundamental stereotype that he is embodying, not that he is a god, but that he is a deranged cult leader once you take away all the colors and wings.

Yes. And there's no secret, nothing dubious about that.

He's an insecure boy using social media as a spring board to fame...

The insecure part fits Urien better than Gill. Gill is pretty secure and competent about his skillz. Urien on the other hand, looks like an barking dog that will be chocked by his own collar...

Urien was right about him all along. He is nothing but a farce and this prophecy is more bullshit that he used to cement his place with the believers.

Coulnd't agree more. Gill is a VERY competent farce that discarded Urien after he became useless to him. He was handed the VP, not enough, then Gill handed him the presidency to become the emperor (pretty sure that was another farce by Gill), not enough... so Gill simply discarded him. When Urien realised that he wouldn't be able to defeat Gill, that he'll be always inferior, all came crashing on his head.... he was devastated as Gill's SFV story showed us.

IYou give the SS and Gill too much credit

I don't do anything. I simply joined the pieces Capcom gave us about the matter and elaborated an simple theory upon it.

You want to discredit it because that would put Shadaloo (and Vega) being manipulated by Gill, something that, if memory serves me right, SF3 Fanbook mentioned being possible....

Where is Gill now? A fucking televangelist. That is his claim to fame in the Street Fighter universe.

but the fact is, what happened to him was worse than failure - He was ignored. Bison ignored him. The world ignored him. 

That's your wishful thinking. Only the completion of the SF6 story will tell us. And that might take up to 4 years or more.

LOL! Are you sure he's a failure?  If he's a televangelist, he's on TV all the time. Millions if not billions might be following him (with the SS backing him up from the shadows). If that's the case, for sure he managed to get money, success, fame, glamour. Probably making constant visits to Kolin and Alex's "gates of harmony".

Vega didn't ignore him. He probably didn't know about Gill and the SS at the tiime. And when Gill unveiled himself to the world, Vega was gone. Dead. Kaput.

Operation CHAINS made Gill flourish, however, it was Vega's demise. He's dead. Long gone. Fell into oblivion. Now he's simply a ghost trying to find a way back to the physical plane by booing some genetically altered kid.

If there's something's strange, in your Metro City

Who ya gonna call?

VEGABUSTERS!

I'll catch up on the SF6 comic later. I finally got my hands on the Sagat graphic novel.

I will admit I was skeptical on what the quality was going to be given how Udon is typically WAY more of a miss than a hit the last decade and change, but WOW this book was stellar! Apart from clearly paying more attention to providing a narrative that fit Sagat's background, they did  their homework when it came to Thailand's political situation and used that to provide an avenue to how Sagat became Bison's right hand man, even having the book double as a Shadaloo origin story detailing Bison's early years as a weapons merchant and using his psycho power to free Sagat from prison (SF2V homage) and even influence him subtlely to explain why Sagat has no pupils?

The way they present Nuakhan was also impressive, making him the Akuma to Sagat's Ryu as a despotic village tyrant  that later became a pawn of the corrupt Thai regime which Shadaloo helped bring down and thus inspire the loyalty of the people when making Thailand their base of operations. The pre-SF1 tournament featuring famous old people/mentors/teachers like Zeku and Arroyo was also fun, and I especially liked how they presented Sheng Long as a braggart who takes credit for other people's accomplishments like Ace from The Quick & the Dead.

Overall a MUCH better outing for Udon than their Unlimited series and the Akuma origins. 8/10!

19 hours ago, Daemos said:

Yes my dear Nostradamus, it is a coincidence. That is the nature of prophecy, you can project it onto anything and make it fit. That is THE JOKE that Capcom is making, Gill -like all the religious messiah wannabes in history- is insane and a not genius. That is the fundamental stereotype that he is embodying, not that he is a god, but that he is a deranged cult leader once you take away all the colors and wings.

He may be insane, but canon wise he's also supposed to extremely intelligent, if not straight genius

Secret Society believe in extreme eugenics, and they want candidates to be superior not only on physical level but on mental too

Gill and Urien in particular are sons of a very gifted couple, and ironically capcom spent more words to stress about their intelligence rather than their physical abilities

It seems Urien demostrated to be extremely intelligent by reaching high competence in bunch of scientific fields, to the point is said various of Dr.Woo's creations (including Twelve or Necro's modification) were based on Urien's theories

Ending for Street Fighter III 3rd Strike-Twelve(Arcade)

We did'nt seen Gill play with same science stuff, but we know he's at least smart enough to outsmart his brother and trick whole SS about his intentions

Where is Gill now? A fucking televangelist. That is his claim to fame in the Street Fighter universe. Urien was right about him all along. He is nothing but a farce and this prophecy is more bullshit that he used to cement his place with the believers.

His plan ever been to be recognized as the Saviour, in modern world him using mass media to spread his own message is the most logical thing to do

Actually the fact he's doing it so openly with giant sign in MC main square mean that he managed successfully to be mainstream-accepted, rather than be seen by society as some D league cult, likely thanks to SS having connections everywhere at all levels

If the prophecy was true then why did he even try to inject himself in it? Why did he kill all the OG SS members when he took the reigns? He's an insecure boy using social media as a spring board to fame... and where did that get him?

To see where it got him, we have to wait

What he's doing is trying to push a change in world's people, and is essentially identical to the vision he have for the world (literally same image) in SF3

SF6

Spoiler

marisa-illuminati.png?w=648

SF3

Gill (Street Fighter)

My 2cents guess is that just like in christianity is said that man is made in the image and likeness of God, in his ideal new world all people (and living beings) should be made in the image and likeness of Gill, in the sense of sharing very same polar opposites inner dualism... and who can't it's likely considered not worthy to live

The fact he likely artificially fixed events (Moons) should hint he's indeed not a blind fanatic, a fanatic would have just waited shit to happen because have faith in "destiny" to put a Saviour-Throne under his ass

Gill chosen he should be the Saviour SS is waiting, if the prophecy is'nt going to point at him by itself he will bend it till it point at him

Watching the canon he's many bad things, but not the babbling fool you seems to paint

You give the SS and Gill too much credit but the fact is, what happened to him was worse than failure - He was ignored. Bison ignored him. The world ignored him. 

Beside that in my humble opinion you're the one to not give enough credit to SS for... reasons 😄

It's bizzarre this point of view

SS existed before Shadaloo

SS likely have greater control over the world than Shadaloo ever had

Intelligence and consider multiple scenarios and threats it's very essential part of war strategy

Based on actual canon events Bison ignoring them mean either that:

A- he did'nt knew about them, while they knew LOT of stuff about his power level, location, the whole Moons thing including likely the B phase that had convenient effects.

Their plan was correct in all its parts, the mission fail has been due -Rashid's- poor execution. Essentially they were ahead of him, while he did'nt took properly care of a threat that ultimately had key role in his destruction

B- he DID knew about them, but chosen to ignore them. Wich would make him a douche

The soldier puppet they sent gave him a beating and if the arab youtuber was faster at his deactivation job, could have leaded to that beating become a successful assassination

And even with plan not going perfectly, it still had essential role in his destruction

As for the world ignoring Gill, i'm not buying it only because you say so, ingame canon events point in opposite direction

G was became popular after defeating Rashid who was a mainstream or at least highly popular figure

Gill for his unveiling used G spotlight and ran through him, SFV even bother to show the "likes" on the media platform

This caused Urien's rage, because he realized Gill unveiled himself to the world

Then you have SF6 main square having giant sign of Gill's cult

12 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

The prophecy mentions a blond man able to control heat and cold/fire and ice. COINCIDENTALLY, Gill is naturally blond (unlike Ken) and controls heat and cold/fire and ice. THEREFORE, he thinks he's the messiah and probably a bunch of the SS followers too...

He didn't have to fit himself in, he was BORN (or became like that through training) like the one described by the prophecy that they follow.

He became like that through SS training, but elements are given based on natural affinity with them

Essentially SS guys found in Gill the natural inclination to host fire and ice elements, wich i guess is super rare

but is possible that as you say that

12 hours ago, Lord_Vega said:

There might even be the possibility (nothing backed up by the canon) that he was genetically engineered like that just to play the role of the messiah.

considering eugenics, would not surprise me much if they tried... like put together a blond male fire user and a blond female ice user, hoping the result will be a blond child able to control both

But this idea crash a bit if we consider Urien is son of same parents and have none of these traits

I think the elemental affinity they talk about is something more related to individual personality rather than genes

Plus on general i think Gill's attempt to fuck the prophecy was an individual thing due him being inspired on Saint Seiya's Gemini, as straight mirror in particular when Saga/Gemini was told he would not become the next Grand Pope (as Aiolos/Sagittarius was the chosen one), wich made Saga do bunch of crazy/evil things that leaded to him indeed become Grand Pope of Sanctuary even going against the gods will

Edited by CESTUS III