Stage Select

The Street Fighter VI Story Thread: Shadaloo Died so Luke Could Live!

Yeah, this season is not doing it for me. Terry and Mai are cool and I wouldn’t mind seeing one of them, but having half of the Street Fighter season pass being Fatal Fury characters is pretty lame. One thing I like about this is that SNK and Capcom are willing to work with each other again. Possible CvS3?

I know it was a fool’s dream for them to not bring him back, but seeing Bison this early is disappointing. They just killed him in the last game. Couldn’t even wait till season 3 to bring him back? Even Tekken had the balls kill off Heihachi. It’s just upsetting that we’re going to get another rerun of Shadoloo doing things instead of anything else in the future. As least @Daemos will be happy wherever he is.

None of those four are historically favorites of mine (I guess have played some versions of Bison over they years though).

But after a year of Lily ,and her being every bit as dry in season 2 as at launch, I could see myself playing any of those 4 if I vibe with the gameplay.

40 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Greetings fellow SF scholars.... I've been away from this part of my life for a long time... but this news of our Lord's revival beckons my return... To say to all those who doubted me....

I told you so.

Bison is forever. NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  :bison:

Bro where the fuck have you been? I've been worried sick about you man. I was thinking the worst at this point 😞

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

Greetings fellow SF scholars.... I've been away from this part of my life for a long time... but this news of our Lord's revival beckons my return... To say to all those who doubted me....

I told you so.

Bison is forever. NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  :bison:

Welcome back you psycho crusher your return. Good to know your well and doing fine

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

Yeah, this season is not doing it for me. Terry and Mai are cool and I wouldn’t mind seeing one of them, but having half of the Street Fighter season pass being Fatal Fury characters is pretty lame.

Would not call it lame, more like awesome (because they're both legendary FG icons AND 100% stylistical compatible with SF) but wrong at same time

But real shit is everybody is crying at guest when real problem is another year with immense long dead waiting times, lucky part at least for me being this time beside Mai i'm interested on see all of them (compared to S1 where was great fan of none, with bit of interest for Rashid and Ed)

Reality is if S2 was 6 char and these +2 being regular SFers (let's say Sagat and Fei Long) would have been dream material... guest themselves? Terry is worth at least 1 Cody if not more, and i take Mai over Sakura any fucking day

Reality is if i do honest comparision with S1

- Elena is best female they could have added, would have been my first waifu pick even on S1. She fucks AKI so hard

- Terry Bogard is Legendary char, probably in my SNK top3 ever with Joe (SNK fav char) and Geese. He Power Dunk the fuck out of Ed, and Ed is imho by far best S1 content

- Bison is lame af, but we knew was coming in S2 and is not as lame as S1 Akuma. Sure at least will bring completely unique moveset rather than third ansatsuken slot used for hadoken/shoryuken shit pretending to add "variety"

- Beside huge bouncing 3D boobs being nice, not sure if Mai is more value than Rashid, too different cases to judge. Let's say draw

By brutal content clash, S2 is wrecking S1

The legit drama is 4 char is crap schedule for a whole year, and that's real shit fans should be rioting about instead waste all their delicious salt over 100% compatible guests* that don't ruin SF soul in any way

Most bitter taste in my mouth is that there's more SF stuff i need in SF6 and is'nt coming till late 2025, but again would feel different if we got 2 more chars

To me would have been same or worse if they used the two guest slots for crap SF characters, let's say Sakura and Twelve

Problem would still be that only 4 chars is terrible

*now, if was some Mortal Kombat crap wich is uncompatible with SF, i would take a gladius and start march east towerd japan hoping to reach it around august.

The terrible crap of guests in FG is not crossing some imaginary brand copyright line, is when they do it thinking just about money and without respecting game soul/aesthetic

Star Wars in Soul Calibur was offensive crap

Walking Dead guy not even adapted to Tekken's art style was offensive crap

Terry Bogard from our lil bro Fatal Fury joining SF scrap is cool af, because everything in Fatal Fury was done in same style as SF

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

Would not call it lame, more like awesome (because they're both legendary FG icons AND 100% stylistical compatible with SF) but wrong at same time

Yeah, that’s it for me. I think Terry and Mai perfectly fit in this game. They don’t make me roll my eyes like seeing Homelander in MK1 or Negan in Tekken 7. As far as guest characters go, they’re pretty good.

But as far as I am concerned, I feel it is too early to be having them in this game. We’re still missing Street Fighter characters people really like in this game and for the next year, we are instead getting two characters that will be in the upcoming SNK game. This is the first SF to take place after SF3, but we only have one character that is from that game. One of the main areas in the single player mode is Metro City, yet the closest character we have to a Final Fight character is Kimberly. There is still no one from Alpha. Like, what are we doing?

I’ll get over it because as I said, I like the choices. I just hope this doesn’t become a trend in future character passes. If Makoto or Cody gets passed up by Johnny Cage and Sol Badguy, I may just lose it.

Edited by BornWinner
Posted (edited)

Incredible. He actually survived SF5. He literally tanked Gill/Nash and Ryu and he is still standing. I don't think this is a clone, this is the same Bison. The cracks on his right arm match his arm at the end of ASF. His face and body also seem to be cracked. Guess his scientists weren't lying when they said that was his best body.

Seems like he has spent the last 10 years fending for himself trying to remember who he is. Poor baby. We'll get you back in order.

Edited by Daemos
4 minutes ago, ShockDingo said:

"Do I resemble this man you call Bison? I shall take that name for myself!"

hmm, so amnesia

I wonder if his WT interations will be from the Vega we know.... or from this new Vega.

"My first memories are from being in a lab...."

If that's the case, nice trick to still keep  Vega's past and curiosities under mystery....

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Incredible. He actually survived SF5. He literally tanked Gill/Nash and Ryu and he is still standing. I don't think this is a clone, this is the same Bison. The cracks on his right arm match his arm at the end of ASF. His face and body also seem to be cracked. Guess his scientists weren't lying when they said that was his best body.

Seems like he has spent the last 10 years fending for himself trying to remember who he is. Poor baby. We'll get you back in order.

My guess is Bison's essence took over Necalli's body. Where did he go after Bison handed him his ass in the Shadoloo base anyway? 

Edited by Hawkingbird
Just now, Hawkingbird said:

My guess is Bison's essence took over Necalli's body. Where did he go after Bison handed him his ass in the Shadoloo base anyway? 

Necali? Last time we saw him in the story chronologically was Akuma’s character story where he disappears after Akuma bursts out of his stomach. I assume he “died” there.

Holy fuck so much to say

Will comment trailer later

But one thing is he seem still intoxicated by Ryu's hado energy and trying to keep it under control suppressing it with greater psycho power

Kinda like when Ryu had purple tint in his hado stuff due SnH, but reverse

Btw

17.jpg

Posted (edited)

Act5Ch21S1.png

Same hand with bandages

My guess is to disintoxicate himself from hado he needs to absorb more Psycho Power (in the teaser to it on the lab stage machine), he will likely go after Ed, Falke, Cypher and Gorilla to take back pieces of his former power and return "pure"

JP likely getting vampirized too

Edited by CESTUS III
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

one thing is he seem still intoxicated by Ryu's hado energy and trying to keep it under control suppressing it with greater psycho power

Kinda like when Ryu had purple tint in his hado stuff due SnH, but reverse

Yeah that's my thinking. The violet half of his body is still poisoned from the power of nothingness and the purple half is the Psycho Power regenerating. I would wager that in SF6 Bison is trying to regenerate himself so he is going after every residual piece of Psycho Power to reclaim it and find himself. 

I am digging the "Fighting King" Bison from SF2, but I will thoroughly miss Shin Bison from Alpha and SF5. Especially the teledashes. SF7 maybe. Hopefully I'll still be young enough to play that.

This guy is basically CvS1+2 + SF2 + SF4 + some SF5. He's just brutal, hungry, and violent. This is the man he was before he became a god. A true fighter. Gonna have so much fun with this speed (look at that DR!),

The Violent Kaioh/Raoh Horse with the white pupils is a nice touch. SF6 team does not miss. Now I just need confirmation that they did not fuck with his charge mechanics.

edit- Just saw your post. We are still on the same wavelength I see. 🙂

Edited by Daemos
34 minutes ago, CESTUS III said:

Act5Ch21S1.png

Same hand with bandages

My guess is to disintoxicate himself from hado he needs to absorb more Psycho Power (in the teaser to it on the lab stage machine), he will likely go after Ed, Falke, Cypher and Gorilla to take back pieces of his former power and return "pure"

JP likely getting vampirized too

The same goes for the crack on the right side of his face....

8 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

Great.  So we're just doing Seth's SF5 story again...but with Bison.

I don't see this as a big deal. You guys want someone else to be the boss of the game, the "villain" of this Shakespearian tale and here Capcom presents a logical lore friendly explanation to why the series MAIN villain is in 6 and not gobbling up the spotlight once again.

This is also a very good way to let us learn about him because HE is remembering himself before us. Perfectly rational way of getting some rando on the street close to this colossus evil before he becomes fully aware.

I do think there is a real possibility of the "Killing Joke" angle where Bison feeds us shit about his origin, maybe even a sob story, to get us to help him, but then we are left wondering if anything he said is even true.

Also Seth did not have amnesia. Seth is completely fried. It's like he has robot schizophrenia. 

@ShockDingoMy brotha, how much would we have to pay you to narrate a M. Bison parody of the Old Spice "I'm on a Horse" commercial

-Script--

M. Bison: Hello, Street Fighter, look at your Main, now back to me, now back at your Main, now back to me. Sadly, they aren't me, but if you stopped using your Street Fighter Year 1 Main and switched to M. Bison, you could feel like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re at EVO with the Main your Main could play like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a briefcase with a million dollars that YOU could win. Look again, the briefcase is now PSYCHO POWER. Anything is possible when your Main is M. Bison and not a Year 1 character. I’m on a horse.

1 minute ago, Chun-Li_Forever said:

@ShockDingoMy brotha, how much would we have to pay you to narrate a M. Bison parody of the Old Spice "I'm on a Horse" commercial

-Script--

M. Bison: Hello, Street Fighter, look at your Main, now back to me, now back at your Main, now back to me. Sadly, they aren't me, but if you stopped using your Street Fighter Year 1 Main and switched to M. Bison, you could feel like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re at EVO with the Main your Main could play like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a briefcase with a million dollars that YOU could win. Look again, the briefcase is now PSYCHO POWER. Anything is possible when your Main is M. Bison and not a Year 1 character. I’m on a horse.

You don't have to pay me anything, I'll jump on that this weekend lol

Sooooooooo... 

With the S2 reveal, the Nayshall, Egypt and Philippines "hints" from World Tour remain MIA? 

Season 3 early confirmation or just hopium? 

Cuz the Mexico thing seemed to be exactly accurate for both Elena AND Bipson

4 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

With the S2 reveal, the Nayshall, Egypt and Philippines "hints" from World Tour remain MIA? 

Yeah I read about that drama. I'm not sure how people concluded this from the ingame report.

It's obvious they were talking about Bison only. After seeing the teaser, I think what was going on is Bison was traveling the world reclaiming any Psycho Power he sensed to regenerate himself. Those bodies in those countries had residual Psycho Power, Bison just took what he needed and threw them away.

The search team were following a trail all the way to Nayshall.

I think our avatar is going to be tasked by possibly FANG (Foo?) to bring proof that Bison is alive, hence why he tries to take his picture in the teaser.

Looks like we were right. This is an amnesiac SF5 Bison. He DID tank Ryu's shinku hadouken! That is true power!

But how did he end up on the streets? Loving this new "street" level take on the character. This is a refreshing take on the character that does not compromise his integrity.

Anyway, can't wait to see his CA!