Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general, Anime perky boobs are de wae


Recommended Posts

ggxrd-revelator-jam-1-750.jpg?fit=750%2C375&resize=750%2C400

 

With the hope we get this to be the place to be I'd like to start a GG thread because I think this is the best goddamn fighting game currently out there, and it was criminally unrepresented on the old Forums.

When I decided to get back into fighting games, I wanted to play GG and while starting to play I found Shoryuken.com, it had nothing on GG so I ended up gravitating towards SFV because I didn't want to be shit at GG. Took me almost a year (and SFV being very frustrating) to finally build up the courage to play GG online, and I am happier than ever.

So if anyone is looking for GG stuff hopefully they can find a friendly place here.

Also Jam's boobs are the perkiest boobs ever, and I feel that is important.

Link to post

You beat me to this. I was gonna make a GG thread all weekend but never got back to here to do it.

 

I too love the fuck out of GG and would like to play it more than the not at all I currently do. I really want to learn something in addition to SFV (will be tricky with my time available but fuck it).

 

The one big pain in the ass is that GG isn't cross play. I'm PS4 for the record. I still haven't played the game enough to really pick a main but I'm leaning towards Ram.

Link to post
On 3/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, misterBee said:

The average SF player fears complexity and GG is relatively complex.

 

I play Jam, she was pretty easy to get into. Unlike most of the cast she is a fairly normal character , wih her min gimmick being cards, which are way less important, and I already dealt with as a Juri player in SFV.

 

On 3/12/2018 at 8:25 AM, GetTheTables said:

You beat me to this. I was gonna make a GG thread all weekend but never got back to here to do it.

 

I too love the fuck out of GG and would like to play it more than the not at all I currently do. I really want to learn something in addition to SFV (will be tricky with my time available but fuck it).

 

The one big pain in the ass is that GG isn't cross play. I'm PS4 for the record. I still haven't played the game enough to really pick a main but I'm leaning towards Ram.

 

I was interested in Ram at the start, but I would never be good at using her swords installs

Link to post
On 3/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, ZioSerpe said:

I was interested in Ram at the start, but I would never be good at using her swords installs

 

I thought the same thing at first, but I've found the swords to not be too bad to work with. Thankfully the controls for them aren't too complicated. The biggest thing initially was that it made mashing hilariously fruitless.

 

My biggest issue with Ram is that I don't know much with her and haven't found a lot of good resources. Haven't tried looking super hard though. Also JF Daruo is gonna take a lot of practice to get consistent.

 

I've also played Slayer and May a bit. Slayer was who I was initially gonna stick with so I know a tiny bit more with him, but I'm mostly just fucking around with May.

Link to post
On 3/13/2018 at 7:52 AM, GetTheTables said:

I thought the same thing at first, but I've found the swords to not be too bad to work with. Thankfully the controls for them aren't too complicated. The biggest thing initially was that it made mashing hilariously fruitless.

 

My biggest issue with Ram is that I don't know much with her and haven't found a lot of good resources. Haven't tried looking super hard though. Also JF Daruo is gonna take a lot of practice to get consistent.

 

I've also played Slayer and May a bit. Slayer was who I was initially gonna stick with so I know a tiny bit more with him, but I'm mostly just fucking around with May.

 

If you're good at setplay once the opponent is down, then Ram can be pretty great. I couldn't use her very well at all in neutral though.

Link to post
On 3/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, misterBee said:

If you're good at setplay once the opponent is down, then Ram can be pretty great. I couldn't use her very well at all in neutral though.

 

Yeah that was what I read about her initially. I'm not usually a big setplay guy but playing Mika/Laura in SFV has made me a bit better at it and I'm willing to learn.

 

My biggest "concern" with Ram is that I usually like more poke-y characters that do nice big chunks of damage (one of the main reasons I tried Slayer initially) and my rough understanding is that she is the opposite of that. But I also don't have a lot of GG experience so I'm more trying to play whatever characters seem cool at first and then I can make a more informed decision what I really like in this game in terms of play style.

Link to post
On 3/14/2018 at 5:20 PM, kikimaru024 said:

I need to relearn this game, from the ground up.

But I don't wanna learn Sol/Leo.

 

Waifu characters not necessary but I do like 'em.

 

As I mentioned before, I think Jam is a pretty easy character to get into, and she's the best waifu.

Other than that everyone seems to say Jack'o is an easy character, and personally I think Dizzy is easy to get into as she's got a pretty simple gameplan.

Link to post

I've caved in and bought DBFZ, thought "It's Arcsys will play similar". It feels like playing GG on mud, a lot of things are to be done do damn slower than in GG.

It saddens me that DBFZ has such a huge population while GG struggles.

It would be nice if DBFZ bought people into the Arcsys family and they started playing more games, but we all know that is not gonna happen.

Link to post
54 minutes ago, ZioSerpe said:

I've caved in and bought DBFZ, thought "It's Arcsys will play similar". It feels like playing GG on mud, a lot of things are to be done do damn slower than in GG.

It saddens me that DBFZ has such a huge population while GG struggles.

It would be nice if DBFZ bought people into the Arcsys family and they started playing more games, but we all know that is not gonna happen.

If you play Sol/Axl/Ky DBFZ isn't really any slower or faster.  Not everyone is a button spamming Jam player. <3  Blazblue is about the same speed too.

Link to post
3 hours ago, misterBee said:

If you play Sol/Axl/Ky DBFZ isn't really any slower or faster.  Not everyone is a button spamming Jam player. <3  Blazblue is about the same speed too.

I'm not speaking about buttons as much as I am speaking of movement; IAD and jump cancels feel like they need to be done slower than they need to be done in GG or BB (I don't have much experience with BB but it always feels like you have to do those things fast)

Edited by ZioSerpe
Link to post

For me DBZF feels about the same speed as Xrd but I think the pace of how the matches actually play out makes it feel slower. Just me though.

 

Also when is everyone usually available for GG? I'd like to try to play more and if I'm gonna coordinate games I prefer it to be with folks around here.

Link to post
1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

For me DBZF feels about the same speed as Xrd but I think the pace of how the matches actually play out makes it feel slower. Just me though.

 

Also when is everyone usually available for GG? I'd like to try to play more and if I'm gonna coordinate games I prefer it to be with folks around here.

@GetTheTables I'm drowning in work this week but I will try to make time.  What timezone are you in and when do you usually play?

Link to post
21 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I'm drowning in work this week but I will try to make time.  What timezone are you in and when do you usually play?

@misterBee I'm EDT.  My play time is all over the place unfortunately.

 

I usually try to hop on consistently on Mondays and Wednesdays for an hour or so but that usually just ends up being training time since I have classes those evenings (and up to this point all SFV). I'm all for getting games in, just have a more restricted window.

 

Tuesdays can be good if my wife is busy, similar for Fridays. Weekends are random; I typically either have the early part of the day available or the later part.

 

Since I'm all over the grid I'm fine with coordinating via @'s, PMs, whatever, to figure out the particulars.

Link to post
16 hours ago, misterBee said:

Mmmm I played BB and Xrd a lot...not sure I really feel the difference tbh.

 

Either way just embrace your new DBZF overlords. :sunglasses:

Honestly I do not like the game that much, I'd much rather be playing GG, but this as a playerbase so I'm gonna work on my 3 characters (got down trunks options yesterday, gonna do 21 today then find out if I wanna round out with Vegita for the assist or Yamcha to use as anchor over Trunks) but once my team is down I'm going back to GG unless I really want to play. and GG is not finding matches

Link to post
10 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

@misterBee I'm EDT.  My play time is all over the place unfortunately.

 

I usually try to hop on consistently on Mondays and Wednesdays for an hour or so but that usually just ends up being training time since I have classes those evenings (and up to this point all SFV). I'm all for getting games in, just have a more restricted window.

 

Tuesdays can be good if my wife is busy, similar for Fridays. Weekends are random; I typically either have the early part of the day available or the later part.

 

Since I'm all over the grid I'm fine with coordinating via @'s, PMs, whatever, to figure out the particulars.

Ok!  We're in the same time zone.   I'll hit you up on PSN some time.

Link to post

Pulling the GG conversation back in here from SFV thread.

 

Lobby yesterday was a lot of fun. Had solid connections with everyone except the one guy who was on 56k. 19 frame delay Axl is S+ tier.

 

Definitely gonna try to practice Ram more and hopefully I can split my time more evenly between GG and SFV now that I know there are at least some other people to play. 

Link to post

None that I'm aware of. The only channels I've subbed to just collect matches. Upside is that they post a shitload of content.

 

Also I'll be available for games this Sunday during the morning/early afternoon (say 10am-4pm ish EDT). If anyone else is around we can get another lobby going. 

Link to post

Double posting because GG is a lonely road to walk.

 

Still sneaking in practice when I can. Starting to get down Ram's corner carry to wallspat combo. Which is good because theoretically from there I can start them corner pressure loops. The trick is going to be learning those next. And then actually playing well enough to get any of this to connect. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, GetTheTables said:

Double posting because GG is a lonely road to walk.

 

Still sneaking in practice when I can. Starting to get down Ram's corner carry to wallspat combo. Which is good because theoretically from there I can start them corner pressure loops. The trick is going to be learning those next. And then actually playing well enough to get any of this to connect. 

Nice!  Let me know when you're ready to play some.  I don't have my PS4 on very often, so PM me ahead of time so I can make sure I'm around.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Nice!  Let me know when you're ready to play some.  I don't have my PS4 on very often, so PM me ahead of time so I can make sure I'm around.

Will do! May be able to swing that this weekend. I wanted to get GG time in this past Sunday but that day straight up melted.

Link to post

The life of a PC anime player is harsh. Stuck playing DBFZ because I cannot find matches in GG.

Surprisingly enough I always find a match in BlazBlue, but I have not learned much about the game yet, so I just get ran over with very little understanding of what I should do, on the other hand I keep getting dodged on DBFZ because apparently despite still not being any good at using my assists to extend pressure my fundamentals and defense are enough to scare players at my current Rank

Link to post

BB is weird to me. Its close enough to GG that I feel like I should like it but every time I play it I end up not liking the way the game actually plays out.

 

The last time Misterbee and I played the lobby filled up pretty quick and stayed full or close to it the whole time, but that was on PS4. 

 

Also it looks like I'll have some extra time for gaming this week so hopefully we can get some GG going again.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select