Stage Select

The Guilty Gear general: Getting Wildly Assaulted in the Keyhole

Any of you guys know how to fix the PC rev 2 issue of it not recognizing your stick?

bought the thing on steam and was never able to actually play it because it won't recognize either my hitbox or stick. Both have the same PCB. Steam recognizes it just fine, but Xrd 2 being unreasonable.

48 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Any of you guys know how to fix the PC rev 2 issue of it not recognizing your stick?

bought the thing on steam and was never able to actually play it because it won't recognize either my hitbox or stick. Both have the same PCB. Steam recognizes it just fine, but Xrd 2 being unreasonable.

What kind of stick is it?

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Hori Fight Commander PCB in it (the 6 face button pad they sell).

Sorry to ask an obvious question, but what setting is it in?  I have a Hori fight commander and RAP stick, sometimes I get problems if they aren't in the PC/360 modes.

If that doesn't work you could try this:

Right Click On The Game > General Tab > Set the Steam Input Per-Game Setting to FORCED OFF

Regarding platform, I'm split. I have a PC that can handle games now which is nice. I'm not sure what stick support looks like moving to PS5 so that might tip me either way (prob not getting one right away but upgrading from PS4 is definitely gonna happen at some point and I'll need to have a hitbox solution when that time comes).

16 hours ago, misterBee said:

I'd just stick to PC if I could but I always seem to have at least 1 friend who  is a console pleb and I ultimately end up getting the game on console just to play with them a handful of times.

I hear you. The missus and I will occasionally fire up the PS4 and play a few rounds before bed some nights. That being said ... 

I'm more than likely looking at 2 copies of the deluxe edition for PC and PS4 tentatively until more information is known regarding whether or not the Season Pass for Strive will be available separately or if characters will be available to buy separately once the game is released (like DBFZ, Granblue, and Jubei in BBCF). Once that information is known or is made known, I'll narrow down which versions I want to pick up.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Out of curiosity, is Jam any good in Xrd. I see she has a storing mechanic similar to Juri and I’m curious if for losing momentum/giving up damage the same way Juri does. 

She is Gorilla Tier and doesn't know what Neutral and blocking are.

Similar to Slayer just more chinese and Waifu.

In short she has terrible reach, but good movement and pressure to make up for it.

Her Store mechanic is also how SFV Juris should have been.

So Jam always has all her specials, her Stores don't give her special, they buff them. If she is fully stocked she just deletes the health bar of the opponent. Her Stores are also way faster and you can still get oki out if you do something like 2D, 22X

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

https://business.form-mailer.jp/fms/65905bfb122872

This is a form you where you can ask questions or comment for the dev “backyard” series. There is a push to get crossplay on this game so that’s what I asked about.

Well it shouldn't be impossible.

Steam and Sony have partnerd quiet a bit and Sony does not block PC Crossplay.

So I asked for it. Won't hurt the game.

On 11/3/2020 at 7:33 PM, ZioSerpe said:

I think I have a legitimate shot at winning a +R tournament the MacSplicer discord is gonna have this week-end (if the date they pick it's the one I can play).

I don't think I am better than the competition, but I'm think Jam is gonna carry my ass.

You'll be good unless there's an Axl.

😈

Got to try out the +R ggpo beta on steam with a buddy of mine from Toronto today and it felt really good, especially compared to the previous netcode. Not quite offline quality but pretty close. I played on my hitbox for the first time too and it felt so much better than playing on PS2 pad, PSP or my stick. 

Felt really good to play the game again, it's one of my favorite fighting games of all time and I've logged a lot of hours on over the years on PS2, PS3, and PSP but never really got that good at because there wasn't really any good option to play it with other people online.

Has ASW said when they're going to release the ggpo patch to the steam version or if the console versions are going to get the rollback update as well? 

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Got to try out the +R ggpo beta on steam with a buddy of mine from Toronto today and it felt really good, especially compared to the previous netcode. Not quite offline quality but pretty close. I played on my hitbox for the first time too and it felt so much better than playing on PS2 pad, PSP or my stick. 

Felt really good to play the game again, it's one of my favorite fighting games of all time and I've logged a lot of hours on over the years on PS2, PS3, and PSP but never really got that good at because there wasn't really any good option to play it with other people online.

Has ASW said when they're going to release the ggpo patch to the steam version or if the console versions are going to get the rollback update as well? 

It's definitely coming to the Steam version, I thought it was coming to other platforms as well but I could be wrong. 

Lemme know if you wanna play sometime. It's been my crack over the past week. 👀

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

He will be the next Hakumen, I hope he's at least fun unlike the actual one who is the most boring thing ever to appear in a anime game.

Hakumen has a double jump and an air dash tho. 

He's more like Justice in that respect, remaining in place and using long range moves and short combos to deal high damage. 

On 11/11/2020 at 9:19 AM, Vhozite said:

Apparently he doesn’t have a double jump or a forward dash

Pot didn’t have a dash in Xrd, right? But he had special moves that advance him pretty fast and long normals. I have a feeling nogriyuki will have some screen filling attacks or a teleport or something. 

On 11/15/2020 at 10:16 PM, KingTubb said:

Pot didn’t have a dash in Xrd, right? But he had special moves that advance him pretty fast and long normals. I have a feeling nogriyuki will have some screen filling attacks or a teleport or something. 

He has superjump and a teleport move. The downside is special moves give him blood gauge. 

• 1 month later...