Stage Select

The Sonic Thread: Before the Shadow takeover begins, we must knuck when we buck. Knuckles series releases April 26.

• Sonichuman changed the title to The Sonic Thread: Fandom is eating good this year! Origins Plus out 6/23. Prime Season 2 out 07/13.

So in the Sonic stream today, they again confirmed that the comics are in fact canon to the games.  Comics take place after Forces and still currently before Frontiers.

I believe the comics will catch up to Frontiers once the game is officially done with all the DLC.   Rouge actually found a piece of something that belonged to Angel Island in the last issue that was pretty sus so I think they're already starting to plant seeds to get ready for when it's going to transition into Frontiers.  So since it's been confirmed once again...that means that just about any character in the comics could potentially show up in a future game so can't wait to see what havoc Surge and Kit my cause in a future game.

There's also been a bit of discourse going on in the past few days )(yes I know...SHOCKING) and people have been trying to weaponize Tee Lopes against Jun Senoue and I need people to chill. 

23 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

There's also been a bit of discourse going on in the past few days )(yes I know...SHOCKING) and people have been trying to weaponize Tee Lopes against Jun Senoue and I need people to chill. 

Do fans really not want Jun Senoue to do the music? I understand his stuff hasn't been the best since Sonic 4 but he isn't complete ass. 

55 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Do fans really not want Jun Senoue to do the music? I understand his stuff hasn't been the best since Sonic 4 but he isn't complete ass. 

It's not the fact that they don't want him to do any music, they don't want him to do "classic" music.  Confidence in him to do music for "classic" Sonic has diminished with Sonic 4 Ep 1 and 2 and the arrangements he did for some of the music for Sonic Origins.  To be honest, I understand the sentiment since I'm not looking forward to hearing him trying classic sonic either.  His idea for what classic sonic music sounds like today is off.   Everyone including me don't want him to use that synth he used for 4.  The thing I want Jun to realize is that he doesn't need to have the music imitate the Genesis...it's completely unnecessary.  The way how Tee handled Mania's music is perfect and I'm sure that if Jun just got rid of the limitation of it needing to sound exactly like the Genesis he music would shine.

It's never been about the arrangement or the composition...it's the instruments he's using to make the music.  Tee and Jun are a power team though and I hope this team up doesn't go to waste because of Jun's want for limitation to Genesis sound.  I even forgot for a moment that both of them worked on the 2nd arrangement.

The main issue I'm having with the discourse are people kinda weaponizing Tee against Jun and saying some weird takes.  Jun can definitely do the music properly and some of the the takes from these people forget that Jun did some of the music for 3K and did the music for the Genesis version of 3D Blast which was great.

Shadow has been getting a lot of good coverage lately in this franchise.  First getting his characterization fixed for the better in IDW and now getting a full dose of him in Prime.  They really did a good job with him in this episode and I'm hoping we get to see more in the later eps this season.  Hoping the movie next year doesn't drop the ball.

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Knuckles made Sonic 2 easy mode. I don't know how the hell I beat that game as a child with Sonic

Hmm maybe I should record a play through, Sonic 2 is easy. 

Might have the computer back up and running and can upload the last episodes of the Dark Souls playthrough...uhg.

I feel like I need  hear Eggman to bust out some rhymes more often.

I finished Sonic Prime season 2 and overall I thought it was pretty good.  Some parts weren't as good as Season 1 while some were better than so it feel it ends up breaking even.  Having more Shadow might edge this over Season 1 by only a tiny bit if only because having him interact with Sonic is entertaining (speaking of which my man is so god damn mad at the end of Season 2 and he has every right to be cause he called that shit.  Season 3 is going to start with Shadow choking the shit out of Sonic.)  Seeing the different versions of the characters starting to see and interact with each other was also pretty great.  Kinda hoping that this isn't the last time we see Chaos Sonic.

• Sonichuman changed the title to The Sonic Thread: Fandom is eating good this year! Sonic Superstars releasing this year (allegedly 10/17)

@Sonichuman

That Sonic and the Moon Facility looks pretty cool. Their main focus for areas improvement should be boss fights and readable level design. All the bosses in Fallen Star asre underwhelming imo, even by Sonic standards. The level design was really good but sometimes the readability of stages was difficult. Would be hard to see the stage depth, what you could or couldn't traverse. 

Otherwise looks as good as the first one. I'm excited. Fallen Star was cool. Have you tried it yet?

8 hours ago, RSG3 said:

@Sonichuman

That Sonic and the Moon Facility looks pretty cool. Their main focus for areas improvement should be boss fights and readable level design. All the bosses in Fallen Star asre underwhelming imo, even by Sonic standards. The level design was really good but sometimes the readability of stages was difficult. Would be hard to see the stage depth, what you could or couldn't traverse. 

Otherwise looks as good as the first one. I'm excited. Fallen Star was cool. Have you tried it yet?

No I haven't yet.  I may try it out eventually since I do like the art style and animations.