Stage Select

The Sonic Thread: Before the Shadow takeover begins, we must knuck when we buck. Knuckles series releases April 26.

I hate the collectors market.

Two of my nephews started reading the IDW books since they have them in their school library. The youngest became a fan of Vector through the books. My brother in law wants to get him a vector toy for Christmas and the listing he finds are grossly overpriced. The cheapest toy he can find is a used one $20 plus $7 shipping on eBay.

Man..I thought Sonic and Shadow were just gonna slap up Nine and then they'd go back to focusing on the Chaos Council.  Did not expect Nine to actually turn himself into the final boss!

Edit:

Johnny Gioeli says he's heard chatter...but still nothing concrete on if "Live and Learn" will show up in Sonic 3

I'm gonna need whoever is in charge to put that song in the movie IN SOME WAY.

Edited by Sonichuman
5 hours ago, Hecatom said:

So, I just found out that Rouge is meant to be a latina, and very likely from my country since she is based on our white bat 😅😅

Considering how Rouge acts and the general sound of her voice....I can see that.

Edit:

also forgot to put up that Devil Artemis put up a pretty fire Sonic animation using his Cell Vs. series

There's also a Shadow fan film that's been floating around...it's incredibly decent/ok for a fan animation.  I have gripes but it's a fan film.   The one thing I will say is that that some of the animations for Shadow aren't bad.  Lighting on the model isn't bad either.  It's less cringe than Blue Core's Sonic film from years ago.  This is the best things I can say about it...that and Mike Pollock's cameo lol

Edited by Sonichuman
28 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Considering how Rouge acts and the general sound of her voice....I can see that.

This old interview goes into detail on how they designed her to capture the latina spice and that is based on the honurean white bat

24qc00uybzhb1.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg

p091xb7n.jpg

Now this joke becomes more funny, 

Seeing how some people ship them 😅

Edited by Hecatom
3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Are they making a new game? The biggest issue with Sonic Forces is that level design was trash and there was little variety in the stage aesthetics. 

It looks like that's one of the things this fan game tries to take aim at.

kinda nice that they got Landy from Adrenaline Dubs to voice Sonic

DL Link: https://gamebanana.com/mods/485051

This is Sonic Forces Overclocked, a mod that totally transforms the original Sonic Forces into an entirely new experience!

The mod’s central aim is to introduce new fully thought-out levels, taking advantage of new obstacles and mechanics to create fresh and exciting levels. The stages have been entirely overhauled with brand new level design, taking more cues from other 3D Sonic titles such as Unleashed and Generations to provide a much more fleshed-out experience with Forces.

These levels are also accompanied with new visuals, set pieces and an entirely new original soundtrack!

The story of the mod takes place a few months after Eggman’s defeat at the end of the original game.
Infinite and Neo Metal Sonic have harnessed the power of the now 'Overclocked’ Phantom Ruby, bending reality to their will to forge a new army from the ashes of the Eggman Empire.
With the world in peril once again, Sonic and the Resistance must reunite to stop the two villains’ Phantom Army, and put an end to the power that threatens their world.
There is an additional 'Episode Metal' prequel story that can be accessed via the main menu in which the story of Metal Sonic's rise to power can be found.

Posted (edited)

I have never heard this song before but I had my mind fucking blown when Alex Yard played a small clip of this in his video

Edit:

Oh yeah and the Sonic Symphony started showing up in the news

https://www.cnn.com/videos/entertainment/2024/01/05/hollywood-entertainment-video-games-sonic-symphony-world-tour.cnn

I've been trying to find some good clips and videos of Casey singing some of the songs from the concerts but most of them are really hard to hear her clearly.

Edited by Sonichuman
  • Sonichuman changed the title to The Sonic Thread: Sonic Prime Season 3 out now!

Sonic’s official Japanese Twitter account made a poll voting for which character you want to see get a drawing with Silver. There was a little war between the top two: Mephiles, the main and most popular villain from Sonic 06 vs Sonicman, an NPC you see twice from the same game. The art that came from this has been fantastic.

IMG_9084.jpg?ex=65b33875&is=65a0c375&hm=

IMG_9085.jpg?ex=65b33875&is=65a0c375&hm=

IMG_9086.jpg?ex=65b33875&is=65a0c375&hm=

After a long fought battle, Sonicman stood victorious with 47% of the votes over Mephiles’ 44%.

I finished watching Season 3 of Prime last week and unfortunately I think they dropped the ball.  They pretty much went balls tot he wall on action but about 1/3 of the way though stuff started getting stale because all they were doing was fighting the same robots for like 3-5 eps straight.  The first episode was still the best with Sonic and Shadow teaming up but I kinda feel Nine as an actual end antagonist of this series was a hard ball drop on potential.  I would have been nice to have the various alternatives of the characters interacting with each other more but we don't really get that too much because they're too busy fighting mindless robots.  Sonic flipping out when they make a robot out of *redacted* was weird AF to me.  I was just kind of like...."why is is overreacting like that for this character?"

All in all though Prime as a whole is a fun serious but it falls short of being something truly great and just settles into a good/decent category.  Animations are really good, the character interactions that could be had were great and a majority of the voice actors brought their A game.  Personal stars of the show overall were Nine, Dr. Deep, and Shadow.

Also this  is interesting

5 hours ago, RegH81 said:

I've heard good things about Scrapnik Island, so I finally picked up the trade. Should be a good read.

Scrapnik Island is a fun lil spooky sidestory  Don't know if anything that happens in it will have any significance later but at least Mecha Sonic got to say 'the thing' in it.

^Joshua Morse and DJ Cutman

There's a section that starts at 1:10 that references an old school New Jack Swing track but I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of the song is or the group that sang it.  It's going to bug me until I figure it out.

Edit:  It's "I Want Her" by Keith Sweat

Edited by Sonichuman
  • 2 weeks later...

So there's been a rumor floating around regarding the state of play that a Sonic Generations remaster is going to get announced tomorrow.  I haven't seen anything that's made me think that this likely happening yet but newer part of the rumor came up today supposedly from the same person who leaked the Persona ports so it's at least giving meGo On Reaction GIF by MasterClass

The rumor in question is that supposedly there will be more content for it but the only thing the leaker mentioned is that there's an extra part where Shadow will be playable.  Supposedly New game stuff, new story, new levels.  If real then cool.  I also hope that if this is real that they put in the 3DS stages and redo them.

Playstation Blog

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/01/31/sega-reveals-sonic-x-shadow-generations/

On top of the remaster of the original Sonic Generations, fans will get to experience new content and play as Shadow the Hedgehog as he embarks on his own journey parallel to Sonic’s. 

Shadow was first introduced in 2001’s platformer, Sonic Adventure 2, and has been seen in various titles including Sonic Heroes, Sonic Battle, and his own spin-off title, Shadow the Hedgehog. He was created to be the ultimate lifeform with incredible speed, ferocious strength and a rare ability called Chaos Control – by harnessing the power of a Chaos Emerald, he can stop time and warp to new positions. He’s always on the lookout for dangers to the world and protects Earth in honor of an old friend.  

Since their first meeting, the Blue Blur has been the only one able to keep up with Shadow – a fact that both fascinates and frustrates Shadow – and has been the driving force to bring out the best in him. Two sides of the same coin, Sonic and Shadow are unfriendly rivals through and through, but they can put their differences aside when the fate of the world is at stake.

Players will dive into Shadow’s dark past to understand his motivations and learn more about him as a character.

So yeah..this pretty much is them trying to reintroduce Shadow before movie.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Its real!

Thinking about it...this actually pretty good marketing leading up to the 3rd movie.  Reintroduce Shadow in a big way in one of Sonic's best games right before the 3rd movie drops.  Hoping they don't drop the ball.

Missed opportunity for a "Classic" Shadow. 

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Sonichuman,

Who do you think Krysten Ritter will play?

So my first thought was that she might end up playing Rouge....but then I looked at the full article to see who else was announced I looked up who Sofia Pernas was while remembering that bit about Rouge being based on the Honduran bat soooo...I decided I needed to watch a video to get a feel of what she sounds like.  I feel like it's probably leaning in Sofia's favor for that role but then arguably Krysten is bigger star than she is soo...who would she possibly play if not Rouge?

After thinking about it for a moment...Amy!?  Amy is a big possibility of showing up in this movie.  In SA2 she's the one that eventually gets Shadow to remember the actual promise he made to Maria to make the faceturn at the 9th hour.  

It's either that or one of them is just playing some random frequent G.U.N. soldier that pops up sporadically through the movie.  But in all seriousness those 2 characters are the only 2 I can think of that those 2 would be involved right now cause I don't think the Babylon Rogues are going to show up or Blaze.

I'm more curious about who the other people going to be...the Alyla is obviously going to be Maria but I don't have any idea who the others will be playing.