Stage Select

The Sonic Thread: Before the Shadow takeover begins, we must knuck when we buck. Knuckles series releases April 26.

3 hours ago, Abbachio said:

Is it Sand-opolis like Sand/Metropolis or Sando-polis like a word that doesn't exist?

I've always pronounced it Sand-opolis.  I'm also in the Hydro-city camp.  Sega has never been 100% consistent on names with zones having spaces for pronounciation purposes cause IceCap in 3K doesn't have it for whatever dumb reason.

Edited by Sonichuman

Changes I've noticed out of the trailer:  Sonic has new sprites for looking at when the Super Emeralds come into play, the properties of insta shield got changed slightly (it used to just be a means of just extending your hit box out but now it also has the ability to reflect certain smaller projectiles like the monitor shields do), The abilty to use Tails to fly in Single player was implemented and I'm assuming it works the same way it does in Mania,  and Super Tails has been retconned a bit (Tails didn't get Super until he got the Super Emeralds, now he gets Super form the chaos emeralds sans the death dealing birds and they made the form with the birds his hyper form)

Sonic 3 movie is trending on twitter....and most of it is people asking for them to put Amy and Rouge in and most of the Rouge army only wants her in for specific reasons.  I find funny that these people think that if she does show up on the big screen that she's going to be untouched lol.

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

You find out Sonic has always been able to go back home but stays in green hills for a three lettered and pink reason. 😂

Fuck man, I would lol.

Fuck man just think about that. If they bring Amy in thats a Pepto Bismol Pink character on screen for at least an hour lol.

So...Oof is trending twice over on twitter currently because 1. The Oof sound effect from Roblox is apparently going to get patched out due to licensing issue  (#Savetheoof) and the other is because of the preview pages #51 that the put out above (#Bigoof) .  There are people legit upset that Sonic acting nonchalantly about the news of Starline....the character that was mostly responsible for a ton of the stuff that happened who's actions ultimately lead to the Metal Virus in the first place.  Really don't understand some of the people in this fandom lol.

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

While I was browsing through some keyboards I found this

The Dreamcast keyboard looks awesome. It's upsetting that it's keycap set isn't sold separately. It would buy it. I like the Sonic and Shadow design better for the mouse mat. 

As tired as I am of seeing Green Hill, that does look nice on the keyboard.  I dig that and the Sonic and Shadow designs.   

I started playing Sonic and the Fallen Star. I played the first two zones and this game has been amazing so far. This is amazing for a fan game. It has the same level of creativity as Sonic Mania. The idea behind Tropical Tracks zone is pretty funny to me. I like how different the badniks are compared to the official games. It's version of the special stages feels like a less frustrating version of the one from Mania but still challenging. 

12 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I started playing Sonic and the Fallen Star. I played the first two zones and this game has been amazing so far. This is amazing for a fan game. It has the same level of creativity as Sonic Mania. The idea behind Tropical Tracks zone is pretty funny to me. I like how different the badniks are compared to the official games. It's version of the special stages feels like a less frustrating version of the one from Mania but still challenging. 

Yea I'm almost through the whole thing. Those special zones get frustrating later when you can fall off the track and they put spikes everywhere. 

Otherwise I agree completely this game is incredibly impressive, it's amazing how many animations Sonic has in this game for the various stuff he does, I actually LOVE the Drop Dash animation it's so much easier to see you've successfully active it with the pose Sonic does in the air then the unique air spin dash animation...very well done. 

Only place I'm kinda iffy is the bosses, they are all pretty underwhelming but it's not like the Sonic series has a strong history for bosses anyway. They tried some new shit for them, it's ok, I appreciate the effort. 

Oh and the music the, fucking music. It's gonna be the focus of a VGM Friday from me pretty soon here but the OST is just pure fire. 

Sonic Origins got it's first little update

https://gonintendo.com/contents/7432-sonic-origins-updated-to-version-1-04

• Added features to the “Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles” sound test
  • Fixed track mismatches in the Museum for certain music tracks included in the Classic Music Pack
  • Corrected an issue in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 where Tails goes off-screen and is unable to rejoin
  • Additional bug fixes

28 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

@HawkingbirdHave you seen this video?  Feel like you might agree with most the points on this.  I don't agree with everything he says more so having to do with some of his criticism on the Uncharted movie but I can see where he's coming from.  That reminds me I still need to finish watching the end of that movie...

I've seen the video (I'm subscribed to his channel). I agree with the points he made in the video. When I think of the best video game adaptions most of them utilized the points he brings up  that favors the Sonic movies. I do think that the movie relaying too heavily on the audience being familiar with the characters from the games hurt Uncharted and Assassin's Creed since they used that to not develop relationships between characters and provide lesser versions of set pieces we got from the games. 

Gotta wait 2 years

Edit:  Also reminder Sonic movie physical release is out officially tomorrow.  I preordered mine on Amazon so my Bluray+digital copy shouuuld be here tomorrow hopefully.

Also just now finding out that Drake apparently sampled "His World" for a track through looking int the comments.  Thought that was interesting.

Edited by Sonichuman

Reminder that more Frontiers info is coming next week

Also supposedly the synopsis for Sonic 3 got leaked, grain of salt and all that but it has Eggman returning and teaming up with Edgy the Hedgy  with what sounds like Metal Sonic and supposedly BIG (Fucking why? If true) and Amy will make an appearance.  I'm not going to put any stock in the rumor right now.

Edit:

also previews for the next comic are out, Marine shows up for the first time in the comic and Blaze and Knux are actually going to directly interact with each other.

Edited by Sonichuman

Frontiers got a new Japanese Trailer

I suspect we may get some variation of this for Gamesom...hopefully with more of the main theme.  Gamescage seems to think the person on vocals is Natewantstobattle who if people remember did some of the vocal themes for the Sonic orchestra.  Good for him if true.

Edit:

Also this cover for the upcoming side story in the comics is nice

Edited by Sonichuman