Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Just now, Volt said:

At least he didn't get folded like everyone else in the chamber.

Lesnar straight up punking multiple stars in quick succession. That's just bad.

PPV was mid but it did make me realize that as bad as we might see Brock wrecking the whole Chamber for free, people are paying to see that and paying at a rate where WWE yanks in 1.1 billion in revenue and sells out these stadium shows even when it's not in Saudi or Wrestlemania.  Also I had to admit I got a laugh at Brock powering out of his cell and then reminding everybody who the people are there for.  

@HD-Man I guess NBC and FOX are on better terms than I thought because I thought the reason the belts were separated was because they had different agendas for who they wanted their top champs to be as opposed to before where both RAW and SD were on USA.  Either that or we get a swerve somewhere in the next 6 weeks.  

Edited by Psychoblue
3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

As I said, mid.  There were some good stuff like that, and some bleh stuff.  Nothing really offensive unless you wanna go LOLBLACKS at Lashley getting taken out of the Chamber match without being pinned or submitted.  

Tbh, that was a way to protect him. After all, no one actually beat Lashley.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Heard lita looked really good

She had a moment near the end but that match was straight up the worst in the card by a long shot.

And that includes Brock's bs.

49 minutes ago, Volt said:

Tbh, that was a way to protect him. After all, no one actually beat Lashley.

She had a moment near the end but that match was straight up the worst in the card by a long shot.

And that includes Brock's bs.

Ill have to watch it for myself because prowrestling twitter was hyping it up mind you they been shitting on her for even taking this match. So ill havw to decide myself. Also everyone roasting the fuck outta ronda makes me feel like no way lita is worse 

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Ill have to watch it for myself because prowrestling twitter was hyping it up mind you they been shitting on her for even taking this match. So ill havw to decide myself. Also everyone roasting the fuck outta ronda makes me feel like no way lita is worse 

Fair enough.

The Ronda tag team match was actually pretty nice tbh. Turns out she's alright when she's not punching.
rousey-punch.gif

47 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

So apparently Lashley been injured since the Royal Rumble, I'm assuming when he landed wrong on his shoulder fighting Brock. That explains LOLBLACKS 

Then again, they probably still intended on giving Brock the strap anyway for the title unification match

I actually think he hurt his neck/back at the rumble. Thr first few suplexes were normal than he purpsely was taking them to the side 

Edit: nm i see whatcha mean

Edited by Maxx
38 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

So apparently Lashley been injured since the Royal Rumble, I'm assuming when he landed wrong on his shoulder fighting Brock. That explains LOLBLACKS 

Then again, they probably still intended on giving Brock the strap anyway for the title unification match

Yeah I was about to tune in and say that.  This makes a lot more sense.

It's intersting that we've gone from WWE using the last 10 years to building up Brock as the monster that Roman, Seth and Drew had to slay to be established, to the very real possibility of Brock becoming the guy who slays Roman and stakes his claim as the face of the company.  He could very well go down as the biggest draw in wrestling history going by lump sum.

Edited by Psychoblue

AJ Styles has re-signed with the WWE, said to be in the ballpark of 3 mill like what Owens signed.

At this point we can assume 3 million is the floor for upper midcarders, and Lashley, Roman et all will be looking at something like 5-10 million.  Nice to see WWE is finally giving wrestlers the bigger cut they deserve with this record setting revenue and bigger gates.  As we've said, even beyond the Saudi and Wrestlemania stuff, people are buying what they're selling and it's only gonna get bigger from here with TV deals expected to swell further.

Reportedly Cody was asking for that from Tony but was denied, even though his place on the card was about the same as what AJs or Owens' would be if he didn't want to step on the other EVPs toes.  It'd be funny if Tony instead gave that kind of money to someone like Chuck Taylor LOL