Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Guest Characters? In MY Street Fighter?

1 minute ago, -PVL93- said:

Jesus punk just folded in the finals set. What the hell happened after he played so convincingly well against Tokido? 

Punk is a passionate player. When he's winning it helps him just roll people, but when things go side ways for him, he comes apart. It's his gift and his curse.

Man, Problem X had a whole mountain to climb with that Blanka pick. Every round seemed like a struggle, but man pulled it off high time.

Punk choked like usual. Not surprising anymore. Still sad, considering he went full Randy Orton on Daigo and Tokido.

Low key hoping Problem X takes the whole thing, to be fair. The guy had to crawl to win his spot, while all the other bros bitched about the group format and the random draw. Bro, it's 1 million on the line! Shut up and get grinding, everyone is there fair and square.

5 hours ago, Dracu said:

Low key hoping Problem X takes the whole thing, to be fair. The guy had to crawl to win his spot, while all the other bros bitched about the group format and the random draw. Bro, it's 1 million on the line! Shut up and get grinding, everyone is there fair and square.

One million dollar prize or no, Capcom Cup's format this year is bullshit. When your LCQ Tournament is more talent rich than the actual Capcom Cup, something is wrong.  Not everyone bitched, I didn't see EndingWalker crying for example. If anything, he seemed miffed that people assumed that Angrybird and Mena would be the two qualifiers out of his group. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

One million dollar prize or no, Capcom Cup's format this year is bullshit. When your LCQ Tournament is more talent rich than the actual Capcom Cup, something is wrong.  Not everyone bitched, I didn't see EndingWalker crying for example. If anything, he seemed miffed that people assumed that Angrybird and Mena would be the two qualifiers out of his group. 

I think the idea that the LCQ, as good as it was, had more talent than the actual Capcom Cup to be overblown.

What it seems to have is more recognizable names, as if you look at Top 16 you've got:

Punk, Tokido, Kakeru, Problem X and a couple of other notable ones such as Yamaguchi, JB, Aqua, Moke and Kakeru. Outside top 16 I can't say anyone was truly missing, except maybe Daigo.

While each group in Capcom Cup has at least two big shots: Kawano and Phenom, Nephew and Big Bird, NuckleDu and Mister Crimson, Takamura and Gachikun, SnakeEyez, Fuudo and Xian, MenaRd and AngryBird.

Group G seem quite lacking, but even there everyone is close in skill, so it should make for good matches, though it certainly seems the most "free" out of all.

With the addition of Problem X, group H also got a big contender and the level of skill there is quite comparable as well between the others.

Sure, it's not perfect but even if only the group favorites make it out it would still be a good Cup, while if a new faces squeezes itself out, well, they are sure to look out for, cause none are having it easy.

Edited by Dracu
11 minutes ago, Dracu said:

What it seems to have is more recognizable names, as if you look at Top 16 you've got:

Punk, Tokido, Kakeru, Problem X and a couple of other notable ones such as Yamaguchi, JB, Aqua, Moke and Kakeru. Outside top 16 I can't say anyone was truly missing, except maybe Daigo.

I can't say I agree with you there. It was more than just a few. Bonchan, Gamerbee, Sako, Mizuha, Oil King, Mago, Xiao Hai, Ryusei, etc. Where outside of the Top 16.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

One million dollar prize or no, Capcom Cup's format this year is bullshit. When your LCQ Tournament is more talent rich than the actual Capcom Cup, something is wrong. 

Everybody that made it there had to actually win tournaments to get their spot. Its fucked up to say that people who didn't get there were somehow deficient in talent due to it. Modern FGC already acts like if you don't go to tournaments you can't be a really good player. Lets not start with the mentality that if you haven't heard of a name then they aren't good. Hella people made their names known in one tournament; then people invariably looked at the top 8 and said they were some bums. Its a shitty way to look at it.

Also by its creation, LCQs are always going to be talent rich. Tournaments are hard to win and people who can make it far are going to lose them. The LCQ of any event is always going to be full of known players regardless of what its for.

If people won a tournament fair and square, they EARNED it. Doesn't matter how you feel about it. They entered the tournament they were told to enter, beat the people who entered it and played they're way through it. Sucks for the people who didn't win. But I bet some of those entered the same tournaments and lost.

But lets not start shitting on people who qualified because events need to be more eSports.

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Everybody that made it there had to actually win tournaments to get their spot. Its fucked up to say that people who didn't get there were somehow deficient in talent due to it. Modern FGC already acts like if you don't go to tournaments you can't be a really good player. Lets not start with the mentality that if you haven't heard of a name then they aren't good. Hella people made their names known in one tournament; then people invariably looked at the top 8 and said they were some bums. Its a shitty way to look at it.

Also by its creation, LCQs are always going to be talent rich. Tournaments are hard to win and people who can make it far are going to lose them. The LCQ of any event is always going to be full of known players regardless of what its for.

If people won a tournament fair and square, they EARNED it. Doesn't matter how you feel about it. They entered the tournament they were told to enter, beat the people who entered it and played they're way through it. Sucks for the people who didn't win. But I bet some of those entered the same tournaments and lost.

But lets not start shitting on people who qualified because events need to be more eSports.

Not true. Shadoken finished second. SI Anik, the Southeast Asia winner, is sitting at home because Capcom scheduled their tournament late in the season and the winner couldn't get his VISA in time. Be that as it may, the criticism is of Capcom not the players. They set up system keeps significant portion of the most talented players out of Capcom Cup. It's not on the players to setup a system that ensure the best play the best. That's on Capcom.

Side note: Thankfully Sherry Jenix is going above and beyond to help players get their VISAs. Capcom sure isn't. 

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Nobody is shitting on the players and if they are that's a dick move.  People are shitting on Capcom because of the format.  The qualification process was confusing and people didn't tune in to watch.  Which led to a bunch of people getting in that are basically unknown's.  Which is fine in the sense that it's always nice to have a few of those players.  But when over half the players in Capcom Cup are these players and you basically locked out Kakeru, Punk, Tokido, Daigo, Moke, Problem X and more - that's where people take issue.  

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I can't say I agree with you there. It was more than just a few. Bonchan, Gamerbee, Sako, Mizuha, Oil King, Mago, Xiao Hai, Ryusei, etc. Where outside of the Top 16.

Don't wanna sound like an ass, as many of them are freaking legends, but it just may be they weren't up to the task, or simply SF6 is not their game. I've followed the LCQ and can't say when it comes to actual skills, they proved superior to the unknown guys from the less known regions. 

The format is fine and for 1 freaking million I wanna see the best in the world win, not populate the tournament with guys who only make it due to their names / regions.

I understand the frustration. Even I know I'm skipping Group G fights cause I have no clue who these guys are, but everyone got their fair chance.

Hell, I'm not even sure region hopping, the way Mena did, should be allowed. I know he's like the second best in the world right now and he is a freaking beast, don't get me wrong, but if you choke in every qualifer you're in... maybe you just aren't cut to be champion. Certainly not the 1 million dollar champion. 

Best example is Punk. I swear that mf is the most consistently great player in both SF5 and 6. He can manhandle every name I can think off in both these games. But under pressure he just melts, so even though he's a terrific player, the fact he cracks so easily shows he ain't the best in the world. 

Edited by Dracu
21 minutes ago, Dracu said:

Don't wanna sound like an ass, as many of them are freaking legends, but it just may be they weren't up to the task, or simply SF6 is not their game. I've followed the LCQ and can't say when it comes to actual skills, they proved superior to the unknown guys from the less known regions. 

You don't sound like an ass fam. You make a good point. A few of them, Gamerbee and Sako come to mind, weren't Capcom Cup level this year.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You don't sound like an ass fam. You make a good point. A few of them, Gamerbee and Sako come to mind, weren't Capcom Cup level this year.

I'd even go as far as count Tokido as one. Sure, he made it into LCQ Top 16 on Winner's side, but if you look at his competition and his matches, guy struggled. And he's not using Blanka, like Problem X, he's using freaking Ken. Once he was met with some real Gs he folded quite badly. And I love the guy, he's the main reason I even watched the LCQ, but really wasn't impressed. 

If there's one guy in this LCQ I really felt for was Yamaguchi. His DeeJay was nuts and would've loved to see more. 

1 minute ago, Dracu said:

I'd even go as far as count Tokido as one. Sure, he made it into LCQ Top 16 on Winner's side, but if you look at his competition and his matches, guy struggled. And he's not using Blanka, like Problem X, he's using freaking Ken. Once he was met with some real Gs he folded quite badly. And I love the guy, he's the main reason I even watched the LCQ, but really wasn't impressed. 

If there's one guy in this LCQ I really felt for was Yamaguchi. His DeeJay was nuts and would've loved to see more. 

Yeah Yamaguchi is really good. Hibiki's Lily was nuts. JB's Rashid was a joy to watch. I really enjoyed the LCQ.....when it wasn't JP mirror matches 😅

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

I wonder about Ed's normal move flickers. I wonder if losing access to a standard cr.MK/st.LK will hurt him long term, especially for whiff punishes or to check yolo drive rush

Not having a standard cancellable cr.mk in this game is a pretty big loss but then again his flickers will give him long range drive rush cancels. 

His other obvious weakness is having a slow reversal that can be meaty jabbed. 

It's looking like he might be bonkers in other areas though.  I think his screen control might be pretty oppressive. That ex snatch move that is plus on block looks insane. 

34 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

The latter

I don't know how anyone could reach that conclusion. SFV was so barebones that after 8 months it was still lacking in content in multiple aspects in comparison to the launch version of SF6. I mean SFV didn't even have lobbies at launch. That game was a $60 beta. The "full game" didn't launch until 2 years later when Arcade Edition aka Apology Edition dropped.

@SoneroAlex got a fan trailer before he got an official one from Capcom. Shit was hilarious.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
45 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@SoneroAlex got a fan trailer before he got an official one from Capcom. Shit was hilarious.

10/10.

the fact that asking for the Alex trailer became a meme on streams for years too. We truly did not understand how blessed we were.

On to the serious side, for the life of me I cannot understand how people can say that the SF5 post launch content was better. Post Launch SF5 content was getting the game to work at all. The only was beyond scuffed. That when the selling point was that the online was supposed to be so good that it held you over until single player stuff came out.

I get that we're in a new age of "people just be saying shit" but the revisionist history is insane on this one.

Stealing @Mattatsu tweet for this. Apparently on the Tekken side somebody got sent death threats over this. I got my own feelings on the take:

My thing is that I don’t think you should get the points or whatever equivalent unless you win the BO3.

Would never flame anyone for 1 and done. Match could be laggy or maybe they have a crying child in the next room it is what it is. But in that case if you need to leave I think should just shouldn’t get any points since you didn’t finish the mission. 

Now if you’re the loser and try to 1 and done nah you should lose points. 

Edited by Vhozite

I wouldn't mind if they made the ranked "match" a best 2 out of 3, but that's not the way it is right now so I don't think there is anything wrong with one and done'ing.  

It's really not that big of a deal.  I don't see why some people get so butt hurt over it.   You will find your next opponent within seconds.

Edited by purbeast

I find one and done'ing to be annoying.  If it happens once in a while, whatever.  But there's literally people who will always bounce after one match and most of the time these people have a very flowcharty gameplan that you know if given another match they would probably get downloaded and lose.  Also, there's people that let the time tick down to 0 and then leave just to irritate the other player.  

I mean they're not nearly as bad as ragequitters.  But at the end of the day, why not just hit rematch?

Edited by HeavensCloud
51 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

I find one and done'ing to be annoying.  If it happens once in a while, whatever.  But there's literally people who will always bounce after one match and most of the time these people have a very flowcharty gameplan that you know if given another match they would probably get downloaded and lose.  Also, there's people that let the time tick down to 0 and then leave just to irritate the other player.  

I mean they're not nearly as bad as ragequitters.  But at the end of the day, why not just hit rematch?

Block them and move on.

Edited by purbeast

The only times it really gets on my nerves is when it happens in the battle hub. I explicitly go there to play a bunch of matches in a row since you can rematch as you want and there is no points on the line so nobody should be afraid of losing. 

If you come up to my cab and interrupt my training to play one 1 set don’t even bother. I would unironically rather fight nobody and stay in the lab.

It actually never even occurred to me to block people who do that I might start doing that.

LMAO I was just in ranked and got one and done'd by this Ken that was Diamond 5 that I totally whooped.

Then literally my next match, I faced this Cammy with a 14 game streak and I'm on a 7 streak.

I beat him and then I one and done'd lol.

My goal was to hit 22k tonight and I broke 22k against him and decided to call it a night.

EDIT:

And I've never even opened Battle Hub so I don't know what that is like.

Edited by purbeast
28 minutes ago, Dracu said:

Who put the guy who can't pronounce Feng Shui to commentate on the Juri heavy group? My Lord, it's painful.

I believe he's sponsored by the TAFC (The Anti Feet Coalition).

Edit: I forgot their was a player that went by Dookie.....

Edited by Darc_Requiem